14:31 <slyon> #startmeeting Weekly Main Inclusion Requests status
14:31 <meetingology> Meeting started at 14:31:15 UTC.  The chair is slyon.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
14:31 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
14:31 <slyon> Ping for MIR meeting - didrocks joalif slyon sarnold cpaelzer jamespage
14:32 <jbicha> hi, I'm here from Desktop also if there is anything that needs discussion there
14:32 <joalif> jo
14:32 <joalif> hi
14:33 <slyon> #topic current component mismatches
14:33 <slyon> Mission: Identify required actions and spread the load among the teams
14:33 <cpaelzer> FYI - back with you
14:33 <slyon> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg
14:33 <slyon> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.svg
14:33 <slyon> -release looks fine. nothing new
14:33 <cpaelzer> ack
14:33 <sarnold> good morning
14:33 <slyon> -proposed: I cannot spot anything special either.
14:33 <cpaelzer> unaproved and stubs all over the place - but nothing new indeed slyon
14:34 <sarnold> \o/
14:34 <slyon> libregexp-wildcards-perl is ready. It could be promoted by any AA, to shrink that lintian tree a bit (cc @cpaelzer if you feel like)
14:34 <slyon> #topic New MIRs
14:34 <slyon> Mission: ensure to assign all incoming reviews for fast processing
14:34 <slyon> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&assignee_option=none&field.assignee=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:35 <slyon> bug #1983996
14:35 <ubottu> Bug 1983996 in systemd-hwe (Ubuntu) "[MIR] systemd-hwe" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1983996
14:35 <slyon> is came from foundations. should be fairly simple, as the package is mostly empty right now. joalif would you like to do the review on this one?
14:36 <joalif> ok
14:36 <slyon> thanks!
14:36 <slyon> bug #1977614
14:36 <ubottu> Bug 1977614 in fdk-aac (Ubuntu) "[MIR] fdk-aac" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1977614
14:36 <jbicha> fdk-aac isn't urgent :)
14:36 <slyon> This is new from jbicha. seems to be a lower priority MIR for the desktop team
14:36 <slyon> I could take a look at this
14:37 <slyon> that's all new MIRs
14:37 <slyon> jbicha: you're still working on that editorconfig-core one, right?
14:37 <slyon> #topic Incomplete bugs / questions
14:37 <jbicha> I have one more new one from desktop that I'm still filling out details for today. Bug 1984104 It is wanted for kinetic
14:37 <ubottu> Bug 1984104 in editorconfig-core (Ubuntu) "[MIR] editorconfig-core" [Undecided, Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1984104
14:37 <slyon> Mission: Identify required actions and spread the load among the teams
14:37 <slyon> bug #1984104
14:38 <slyon> that's the one ^
14:38 <slyon> it's for desktop, so maybe cpaelzer could have a look at that one, once read? sticking to our "cross-team review" policy :)
14:38 <cpaelzer> slyon: I've handled libregexp-wildcards-perl now
14:39 <slyon> thanks!
14:39 <cpaelzer> yeah if it is ready by tomorrow I can try to have a look at it
14:39 <slyon> ty
14:39 <cpaelzer> I keep it open and check if it then is no more incomplete
14:40 <cpaelzer> if it is I run out of time before sprint+PTO
14:40 <cpaelzer> then I'll leave it for next week
14:40 <jbicha> thanks!
14:40 <slyon> ack, sounds good
14:40 <slyon> we don't have any other incomplete bugs
14:40 <slyon> #topic MIR related Security Review Queue
14:40 <slyon> Mission: Check on progress, do deadlines seem doable?
14:40 <slyon> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-security/+bugs?field.searchtext=%5BMIR%5D&assignee_option=choose&field.assignee=ubuntu-security&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:40 <slyon> #link https://warthogs.atlassian.net/jira/software/c/projects/SEC/boards/594
14:40 <slyon> (internal)
14:40 <slyon> sarnold:
14:41 <sarnold> we've had some problems starting in on libbluray, 2/3 of us had trouble building it yesterday
14:41 <cpaelzer> thanks for completing ipmitool btw
14:41 <sarnold> it's not a huge problem, it's a low priority package, but mark was interested in it :) so he took a crack at it
14:41 <cpaelzer> sarnold: since you were part of the rust-rules crew do you tihnk you could have a look at mdevctl?
14:42 <cpaelzer> we have just landed the minor improvements we know and are updating to latest upstream
14:42 <cpaelzer> but the security ack is what is missing
14:42 <sarnold> and libqrtr-glib was finished :D
14:42 <cpaelzer> and since it is a new process there might be more to find than usual
14:42 <sarnold> cpaelzer: good point, yeah
14:42 * cpaelzer is happy about security reviews getting finished \o/
14:42 <sarnold> me too :D
14:42 <sarnold> it's a lovely feeling
14:43 <didrocks> it’s a never ending story though :p
14:43 <sarnold> don't ruin this man, it's been a welcome change :)
14:43 <didrocks> that doesn’t remove the fact that it’s an excellent job from the security team :)
14:43 <slyon> indeed! kudos sarnold and team!
14:44 <slyon> #topic Any other business?
14:44 <cpaelzer> not from me
14:44 <sarnold> none from he
14:44 <didrocks> nothing either
14:44 <cpaelzer> thanks for leading today slyon!
14:44 <joalif> nothing either
14:44 <slyon> sweet, thanks all!
14:44 <slyon> #endmeeting