14:33 <cpaelzer> #startmeeting Weekly Main Inclusion Requests status
14:33 <meetingology> Meeting started at 14:33:22 UTC.  The chair is cpaelzer.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
14:33 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
14:33 <cpaelzer> Ping for MIR meeting - didrocks joalif slyon sarnold cpaelzer jamespage
14:33 <cpaelzer> hello MIR party people
14:33 <cpaelzer> a few have already said hello before I started the logging, so we can start right away
14:34 <cpaelzer> #topic current component mismatches
14:34 <cpaelzer> Mission: Identify required actions and spread the load among the teams
14:34 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg
14:34 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.svg
14:34 <cpaelzer> nothing new in non-proposed
14:34 <slyon> nothing new AFAICT.
14:34 <slyon> is python-jsonschema already handled?
14:34 <cpaelzer> lintian continue trying to grow the biggest possible tree :-)
14:35 <slyon> wrt. lintian graham started the work on the debian-perl MIRs and i'm currently working with olivier to resolve the libregexp-wildcards autopkgtest
14:35 <cpaelzer> slyon: last week jamespage said he will have a look
14:35 <slyon> the discussion with the Debian mantainer was negative, so we'll stick with libregexp-wildcards-perl
14:35 <slyon> ok
14:35 <cpaelzer> ok wildcards it will be
14:36 <cpaelzer> then IIRC just add the automated perl autopkgtest
14:36 <cpaelzer> and it should be ready to go
14:36 <slyon> ack
14:36 <sarnold> I lost scrollback so I'm not sure if we've discussed python-jsonschema and its children or not
14:36 <cpaelzer> jamespage: coreycb: we will continue to leave python-jsonschema  -> webcolors / rfc3987 to you then
14:36 <cpaelzer> sarnold: yes jamespage said he'll take a look
14:36 <sarnold> \o/
14:36 <cpaelzer> might as well be ongoing already without us being aware of details
14:36 <cpaelzer> next ...
14:37 <cpaelzer> #topic New MIRs
14:37 <cpaelzer> Mission: ensure to assign all incoming reviews for fast processing
14:37 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&assignee_option=none&field.assignee=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:37 <cpaelzer> wpe ... again?
14:37 <sarnold> finished :D
14:37 <cpaelzer> oh back from security - nice
14:37 <cpaelzer> let us checkt he right next state
14:38 <slyon> nice, double ACK
14:38 <cpaelzer> both got a security ack
14:38 <coreycb> cpaelzer: are those in excuses?
14:38 <cpaelzer> coreycb: they are in https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg
14:38 <cpaelzer> so they should as well be in excuses I guess
14:38 <coreycb> thanks
14:39 <cpaelzer> hmm
14:39 <cpaelzer> they are not
14:39 <cpaelzer> odd
14:39 <cpaelzer> coreycb: https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_excuses.html#python-jsonschema
14:40 <sarnold> so, should we change both from new -> in progress? or is there a better next step?
14:40 <cpaelzer> bunch of test issues still
14:40 <slyon> sarnold: yes. In progress would be the correct status
14:40 <coreycb> I was working through jsonschema issues with sahara yesterday so maybe similar
14:40 <cpaelzer> yes coreycb
14:40 <slyon> for the desktop team to pull the trigger and upload the change that pulls it into main
14:40 <cpaelzer> ok back to wpe then
14:41 <cpaelzer> both mostly missed tests
14:41 <cpaelzer> which got flagged as recommended todo
14:41 <cpaelzer> Desktop team has filed upstream bugs to add tests in the first place
14:41 <didrocks> which is an issue with a lot of desktop packages TBH, upstream lack testing spirit
14:41 <cpaelzer> and tests it (once merged) as part of high level tests where this lib is used
14:42 <cpaelzer> so I guess this is actually ready for promotion if the team has subscribed already
14:43 <didrocks> no team subscription, but I think we can let seb128 who will probably handle the promotion, doing both
14:43 <slyon> should we assign it to seb then?
14:43 <didrocks> yeah, that would make sense
14:44 <cpaelzer> I have done so
14:44 <cpaelzer> and added a clarifying update
14:44 <cpaelzer> thereby new bugs are depleted
14:44 <cpaelzer> going on
14:44 <cpaelzer> #topic Incomplete bugs / questions
14:44 <cpaelzer> Mission: Identify required actions and spread the load among the teams
14:44 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:44 <cpaelzer> wildcards we already mentioned above
14:45 <slyon> vulkan-tools got a security NACK
14:45 <cpaelzer> see it
14:45 <cpaelzer> interesting
14:45 <cpaelzer> not seen one in a while
14:45 <cpaelzer> I'll read that later once (if?) I have time
14:46 <cpaelzer> all other updates are older - or is the lintian -*-perl one new still ...
14:46 <didrocks> seems it’s really on the lack of maintainance
14:46 <slyon> no, lintian -*-perl just got a tracking update
14:46 <cpaelzer> no update substantial in the lintian*perl bug
14:47 <cpaelzer> #topic MIR related Security Review Queue
14:47 <cpaelzer> Mission: Check on progress, do deadlines seem doable?
14:47 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-security/+bugs?field.searchtext=%5BMIR%5D&assignee_option=choose&field.assignee=ubuntu-security&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:47 <cpaelzer> Internal link
14:47 <cpaelzer> - ensure your teams items are prioritized among each other as you'd expect
14:47 <cpaelzer> - ensure community requests do not get stomped by teams calling for favors too much
14:47 <cpaelzer> #link https://warthogs.atlassian.net/jira/software/c/projects/SEC/boards/594
14:47 <cpaelzer> sarnold: I need https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mdevctl/+bug/1942394 in that board to prioritize it
14:47 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1942394 in mdevctl (Ubuntu) "[MIR] mdevctl 1.0.0 (rust switch)" [Undecided, New]
14:47 <slyon> cpaelzer: actually the vulkan NACK seems to be for Bionic only
14:47 <sarnold> cpaelzer: ack!
14:47 <slyon> others are still TDB
14:48 <cpaelzer> slyon: yeah, but that is fine
14:48 <cpaelzer> slyon: (for here) we only need to identify things we can and should act on
14:48 <slyon> okay
14:48 <slyon> so that's back to your team to decide how to proceed
14:48 <cpaelzer> slyon: vulkan you mean - yeah
14:48 <slyon> yes
14:48 <cpaelzer> sarnold: that is the outcome of all our rust talk
14:48 <sarnold> cpaelzer: https://warthogs.atlassian.net/browse/SEC-1214
14:49 <cpaelzer> sarnold: it was given an ok on the MIR review, we work on the recommended TODOs already
14:49 <cpaelzer> thanks
14:49 <cpaelzer> bumped and commented
14:50 <sarnold> unfortunately, chrisccoulson wasn't able to get to nullboot before he went on PTO, it'll be a while before that one can get some traction
14:50 <cpaelzer> we have ~3 weeks to feature freeze
14:50 <cpaelzer> if you see any of those tagged for FF being expected to be a miss could you let us know next week
14:50 <sarnold> but iwd, ell, wpe*, have made progress; vulkan-tools NAK, ipmitool is very nearly done (NAK)
14:50 <cpaelzer> then we can file FFE bugs for them
14:51 <cpaelzer> and in general - I really do see and appreciate the steady security review progress nowadays
14:51 <sarnold> amazing how time flies :( yeah, sounds like a good idea
14:51 <cpaelzer> \o/
14:51 <cpaelzer> ok next is AOB
14:51 <cpaelzer> #topic Any other business?
14:51 <cpaelzer> #endmeeting