14:33 <slyon> #startmeeting Weekly Main Inclusion Requests status
14:33 <meetingology> Meeting started at 14:33:28 UTC.  The chair is slyon.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
14:33 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
14:33 <slyon> #topic current component mismatches
14:33 <slyon> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg
14:33 <slyon> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.svg
14:34 <cpaelzer> hi
14:34 <cpaelzer> I'm partially here
14:34 <slyon> I've investigated liburi-perl last week and coordinated with the Debian maintainer. This change (&component mismatch) will most probably be rolled back (see attached bug report)
14:34 <slyon> I can see one new component-mismatch (moar -perl depends...): libchart-perl
14:35 <slyon> it's tagged foundations-bugs, so I'll do an initial investigation on this
14:35 <slyon> anything else?
14:35 <sarnold> that's all I spotted
14:35 <cpaelzer> me as well
14:35 <slyon> #topic New MIRs
14:35 <slyon> Mission: ensure to assign all incoming reviews for fast processing
14:35 <slyon> we have two new MIRs
14:35 <slyon> bug 1980968
14:35 <ubottu> Bug 1980968 in libregexp-wildcards-perl (Ubuntu) "[MIR] libregexp-wildcards-perl" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1980968
14:36 <cpaelzer> another lintian case
14:36 <cpaelzer> I can take that
14:36 <slyon> joalif: is this something you could have a look at? (shoudl be fairly small)
14:36 <slyon> or cpaelzer
14:36 <cpaelzer> self assigned
14:36 <joalif> which one ?
14:36 <cpaelzer> already gone joalif :-)
14:36 <slyon> thanks
14:36 <slyon> bug 1942394
14:36 <ubottu> Bug 1942394 in mdevctl (Ubuntu) "[MIR] mdevctl 1.0.0 (rust switch)" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1942394
14:37 <cpaelzer> that is from us (so I shouldn't really review)
14:37 <cpaelzer> it is the first trying the rust rules we landed
14:37 <slyon> that's the first MIR case.. I might be able to take a look at that, not sure if I can make it in one week, tho. as I expect it to take a bit longer
14:38 <slyon> (self assigned)
14:38 <slyon> #topic Incomplete bugs / questions
14:38 <slyon> Mission: Identify required actions and spread the load among the teams
14:38 <slyon> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:38 <slyon> vulkan-tools (bug 1946359) is just a tracking update (Impish EOL)
14:39 <cpaelzer> slyon: if you have any direct question while looking at mdevctl please consider pingign athos directly
14:39 <ubottu> Bug 1946359 in vulkan-tools (Ubuntu Jammy) "[MIR] vulkan-tools" [Medium, Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1946359
14:39 <slyon> libregexp-ipv6-perl (bug 1981608) is my investigation about the -perl dependency mentioned earlier. not actionable right now
14:39 <ubottu> Bug 1981608 in libregexp-ipv6-perl (Ubuntu) "[MIR] libregexp-ipv6-perl" [Undecided, Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1981608
14:39 <slyon> no other recent updates.
14:39 <slyon> #topic MIR related Security Review Queue
14:39 <cpaelzer> nice, glad it isn't too much
14:39 <slyon> Mission: Check on progress, do deadlines seem doable?
14:40 <slyon> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-security/+bugs?field.searchtext=%5BMIR%5D&assignee_option=choose&field.assignee=ubuntu-security&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:40 <slyon> #link https://warthogs.atlassian.net/jira/software/c/projects/SEC/boards/594 (internal)
14:40 <slyon> sarnold: how are the security queues moving along?
14:40 <cpaelzer> if you can sort by milestone
14:41 <sarnold> they are moving :) it feels good
14:41 <cpaelzer> there are at least 6 for this cycle
14:41 <cpaelzer> and depending how we see mdevctl +1
14:41 <slyon> cpaelzer: actually sarnold mentioned last week that the LP milestones are mostly ignored
14:41 <cpaelzer> but I agree we had a few recent closed cases IIRC
14:41 <slyon> and we should rather prioritize in jira
14:42 <sarnold> one thing that worries me is wpe webkit stuff -- mdeslaur has asked for wpewebkit to be removed and blocked from debian syncs https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wpewebkit/+bug/1981592 but we've also got https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wpebackend-fdo/+bug/1973033 and https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libwpe/+bug/1973031 in progress
14:42 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1981592 in wpewebkit (Ubuntu) "Please remove wpewebkit and block syncs from Debian" [Undecided, New]
14:42 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1973033 in wpebackend-fdo (Ubuntu) "[MIR] wpebackend-fdo" [High, New]
14:42 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1973031 in libwpe (Ubuntu) "[MIR] libwpe" [High, New]
14:42 <cpaelzer> sarnold: how would you want us to tag/prioritize it in there?
14:42 <cpaelzer> or shoud I read last weeks log if you already explained?
14:43 <sarnold> cpaelzer: there's a little chevron up or down, or little yellow equals sign, that's used for a priority field
14:43 <cpaelzer> I know that
14:43 <cpaelzer> but what does it mean
14:43 <cpaelzer> if I need something for FF - what do you want me to set for example
14:43 <sarnold> the high priority, please
14:45 <sarnold> given how difficult / impossible it is to support the various webkits, this new flavour makes me worried that we'll wind up with twice as many packages that we can't reaistically support
14:46 <sarnold> even if the wpebackend-fdo and libwpe packages are short-and-sweet and reasonable, do they "need" The Other wpewebkit package?
14:46 <cpaelzer> this is from the desktop team
14:47 <cpaelzer> sadly seb128 is offline (focus on sprint) and didrocks isn't here either (and not that involved there)
14:47 <slyon> ACK, I am not in the known about wpewebkit either..
14:47 <cpaelzer> who else from Desktop could we ping to re-consider not needing wpe?
14:48 <cpaelzer> sarnold: maybe you'd need to send your feedback in a mail to seb128 or - even better for auditability - just update that bug ?
14:48 <mdeslaur> those two libraries are needed for webkit2gtk and don't prevent wpewebkit from being removed from the archive
14:48 <mdeslaur> (FYI)
14:48 <cpaelzer> challenge them to reconsider if it is really strictly needed to add support for this
14:48 <cpaelzer> mdeslaur: glad to learn that those are separate
14:49 <sarnold> great, thanks mdeslaur :)
14:49 <mdeslaur> there's a relevant blog post about it here: https://blogs.gnome.org/mcatanzaro/2022/07/15/best-practices-for-build-options/
14:49 <sarnold> cpaelzer: I was worried about The Bug because we've got three of them in play at the moment
14:50 <mdeslaur> (rule #2 in that blog post)
14:50 <slyon> sarnold: is there any dependency on wpewebkit from those?
14:50 <sarnold> slyon: none that I've found through manual inspection
14:50 <sarnold> slyon: but dlopen sorts of things might make it harder to spot
14:51 <slyon> good. I can't see any from "reverse-depends src:wpewebkit" either
14:51 <slyon> so we might be fine to handle those independently. Maybe you could still reach out to the desktop team (or mention it on the bug report), just to double check and make everybody aware
14:51 <sarnold> nice blog post, it reads very similar to the MIR requests, hehe
14:52 <slyon> #topic Any other business?
14:52 <sarnold> ack, will do, thanks
14:52 <sarnold> none here
14:52 <joalif> none
14:52 <slyon> nothing here
14:52 <slyon> ok, let's wrap this and get people back to the sprint!
14:52 <slyon> thanks for your time! :)
14:53 <slyon> #endmeeting