15:00 <jawn-smith> #startmeeting Weekly Ubuntu Foundations team
15:00 <meetingology> Meeting started at 15:00:15 UTC.  The chair is jawn-smith.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
15:00 <enr0n> o/
15:00 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
15:00 <jawn-smith> #topic Lightning Round
15:00 <bdmurray> o/
15:00 <jawn-smith> The status is here: https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/foundations-team-updates-thursday-14-july-2022/29406/8
15:00 <jawn-smith> Let's take a few minutes to read and ask questions
15:02 <bdmurray> enr0n: Do you need stuff sponsored from your +1 shift?
15:02 <enr0n> bdmurray: jawn-smith is helping with that
15:02 <jawn-smith> o/
15:03 <bdmurray> jawn-smith: were the autopkgtests you had to retry due to infrastructure or just the tests?
15:04 <jawn-smith> Just flaky tests
15:04 <bdmurray> waveform: Why will the raspi-config take a *long* time?
15:04 <jawn-smith> Curl has loads of reverse dependencies so the volume of tests was pretty huge
15:04 <waveform> bdmurray, take a look at the test plan: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/raspi-config/+bug/1972982; there's a *looooot* of cases to cover
15:04 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1972982 in raspi-config (Ubuntu Jammy) "[SRU] raspi-config is looking at the wrong directory" [High, Confirmed]
15:04 <bdmurray> Yeah, I noticed that jawn-smith
15:05 <waveform> bdmurray, some involving "novel" hardware like tracking down a composite-capable display (!)
15:06 <jawn-smith> Any other questions?
15:06 <bdmurray> I've asked all of mine
15:06 <jawn-smith> #topic Release incoming bugs
15:07 <jawn-smith> #link https://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-kk-incoming-bug-tasks.html#foundations-bugs
15:07 <jawn-smith> bug 1981071
15:07 <ubottu> Bug 1981071 in netplan.io (Ubuntu) "netplan set fails silently with wifi access points" [High, Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1981071
15:07 <slyon> that one was reported by waveform, I reproduced it today
15:07 <slyon> I set it to "Importance: Hight", so I think like we should card it
15:08 <jawn-smith> Agreed, do you mind creating the card?
15:08 <slyon> we did rework the netplan set command substantially, so I might re-test with the new code from netplan upstream..
15:08 <slyon> jawn-smith: yes, I can do that.
15:08 <jawn-smith> slyon: thanks!
15:08 <jawn-smith> bug 1981042
15:08 <ubottu> Bug 1981042 in systemd (Ubuntu) "/etc/localtime symlink not correctly handled when using /etc/writable" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1981042
15:09 <jawn-smith> enr0n: You tagged this. Have you investigated/recreated?
15:09 <enr0n> This is a long-standing issue with UC and /etc/writable, so basically yet another patch is needed
15:09 <slyon> ugh...
15:09 <jawn-smith> Is it something you have time/plans to work on?
15:09 <slyon> Didn't they want to prepare an upstream solution?
15:10 <enr0n> slyon: I don't think there really is a great upstream solution, unless they want to re-define the /etc/localtime spec
15:12 <enr0n> So yes, I think this should be carded as it needs a jammy SRU. And I can work on it in the near future
15:12 <slyon> I see. But the current approach (patching systemd) is not really sustainable, so maybe we should check back with them again to see if there are any other possible solutions (at least mid-term)
15:13 <enr0n> slyon: totally agree
15:13 <jawn-smith> enr0n: do you mind carding it and removing the tag?
15:13 <slyon> carded
15:13 <jawn-smith> awesome, thanks
15:13 <jawn-smith> moving on
15:13 <jawn-smith> bug 1981109
15:13 <ubottu> Bug 1981109 in ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu) "server image pulls in ModemManager via fwupd, consumes 25MiB RAM in every container" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1981109
15:14 <jawn-smith> This was tagged by v_orlon who is out, so I think I'll just leave it in the report to discuss next week
15:15 <jawn-smith> bug 1980991
15:15 <ubottu> Bug 1980991 in powermgmt-base (Ubuntu) "/usr/sbin/on_ac_power incorrectly reporting ac power status" [Undecided, Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1980991
15:16 <jawn-smith> Yeah that sounds problematic, as so many hardware platforms are moving to USB-C
15:17 <jawn-smith> So does anyone have bandwidth to investigate/work on this in the next couple of weeks?
15:19 <jawn-smith> bdmurray has volunteered to look into this. Thanks!
15:19 <jawn-smith> That's it for rls-kk
15:20 <jawn-smith> #link https://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-jj-incoming-bug-tasks.html#foundations-bugs
15:20 <jawn-smith> first one was already discussed and carded
15:21 <jawn-smith> bug 1955114
15:21 <ubottu> Bug 1955114 in swtpm (Ubuntu Jammy) "swtpm: upgrade to jammy fails" [Critical, Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1955114
15:21 <xypron> Is LP #1977939 a similar bug for docking stations?
15:21 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1977939 in systemd (Ubuntu) "logind does not recognize ID 17ef:3060 Lenovo ThinkPad Dock" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1977939
15:22 <jawn-smith> Do we agree with this being marked as critical/(
15:22 <bdmurray> Yes‽
15:23 <jawn-smith> Okay let's card it then
15:23 <jawn-smith> Any volunteers to work it?
15:23 <slyon> carded
15:24 <jawn-smith> Thanks, I'll follow up and make sure it gets addressed
15:24 <jawn-smith> bug 1981431
15:24 <ubottu> Bug 1981431 in systemd (Ubuntu) "systemd-resolved: DNSSEC validation failed: incompatible-server" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1981431
15:24 <jawn-smith> Backing up a bit to the swtpm bug
15:25 <bdmurray> xnox seems to have been a bit overzealous with the importance and milestoning it.
15:25 <jawn-smith> We had a discussion and determined it is unlikely for people to encounter this bug
15:25 <jawn-smith> As it is only triggered by installing non-ubuntu packages
15:26 <jawn-smith> So we'll update the LP bug to change the importance
15:26 <jawn-smith> back to bug 1981431
15:26 <ubottu> Bug 1981431 in systemd (Ubuntu) "systemd-resolved: DNSSEC validation failed: incompatible-server" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1981431
15:27 <jawn-smith> slyon, enr0n :
15:27 <enr0n> I have not had time to reproduce this yet, but it seems worth fixing for LTS, and could be bundled in a jammy SRU.
15:27 <enr0n> There is a straight forward patch in upstream systemd >= 250
15:27 <jawn-smith> Do you have plans to work on it in the next couple of weeks?
15:27 <enr0n> Yes I could include it in the next jammy SRU
15:27 <slyon> I agree. the upstream patch seems to be available so this is worth fixing and SRUing
15:27 <jawn-smith> Perfect, let's card it and move on to the next one
15:28 <slyon> done.
15:28 <jawn-smith> bug 1981485
15:28 <ubottu> Bug 1981485 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu) "deb2snap.json contains gnome-3-34-1804 in the seeded section" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1981485
15:29 <jawn-smith> This seems like a trivial change
15:29 <jawn-smith> bdmurray has volunteered, so let's card it
15:29 <mclemenceau> jawn-smith before you move on from jj, let me know I have a bug that I tag but the report isn't updated
15:29 <slyon> carded 1981485
15:30 <jawn-smith> bug 1970449
15:30 <ubottu> Bug 1970449 in software-properties (Ubuntu) "GPG keys are not shown in Software and Updates" [Undecided, Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1970449
15:31 <jawn-smith> This was tagged by j_uliank, who is out today
15:31 <jawn-smith> Does anybody have any thoughts on the importance?
15:32 <jawn-smith> It doesn't seem hugely important to me, so I vote we leave it in the queue to discuss when the person who tagged it is present
15:32 <bdmurray> +1
15:32 <slyon> seems to be a feature request..?
15:32 <slyon> so maybe set it to "wishlist"?
15:33 <jawn-smith> Well, it's a "feature" that apparently existed in 20.04 and no longer exists in 21.10+
15:33 <jawn-smith> But there are command line ways to view this info so let's move on and discuss it next time
15:34 <jawn-smith> mclemenceau: that's it for jj, what's your bug?
15:34 <mclemenceau> thanks jawn-smith it was brought to me today: bug 1972029
15:34 <ubottu> Bug 1972029 in isc-dhcp (Ubuntu) "dhclient overriding stub-resolv.conf file on Jammy" [Undecided, Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1972029
15:34 <slyon> this is about the *-gtk (UI) part, so probably more of a desktop issue..
15:36 <jawn-smith> slyon has volunteered to work on this, so let's card it
15:37 <jawn-smith> rls-ff is mercifully empty
15:37 <jawn-smith> #topic Team proposed-migration report
15:37 <jawn-smith> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_excuses_by_team.html#foundations-bugs
15:38 <jawn-smith> ubuntu-meta is still with desktop
15:38 <jawn-smith> python3-stdlib-extensions: doko is this still with you?
15:39 <jawn-smith> Let's assume yes
15:39 <jawn-smith> usb-creator is still waiting on MIRs AFAICT
15:39 <slyon> that's true
15:39 <slyon> it's waiting on jigit security-review, which might take a while
15:40 <jawn-smith> ginggs: thanks for filling out the MIRs for lintian
15:40 <ginggs> np!
15:40 <jawn-smith> pygments is waiting on the pytest transition
15:41 <ginggs> which just started
15:41 <jawn-smith> libxcrypt was with b_drung, who is out
15:43 <bdmurray> I'll look into python3-stdlib-extensions as its waiting on an s390x test
15:43 <jawn-smith> Those perl regressions should be retried with the latest version of perl
15:44 <bdmurray> The arm64 and s390x queues are in bad shape
15:44 <jawn-smith> Okay let's avoid retriggering lots of perl tests for now then
15:44 <ginggs> python3-stdlib-extensions migreated 4 minutes ago
15:44 <jawn-smith> apport vs gnupg2
15:45 <jawn-smith> appears to be arm64 and s390x only. I'll retry those
15:46 <jawn-smith> restarted the gnupg2 regressions
15:47 <jawn-smith> adduser: I'll volunteer for that one
15:47 <jawn-smith> liblwp-protocol-https-perl: any volunteers?
15:47 <slyon> I can
15:48 <jawn-smith> Thanks!
15:48 <jawn-smith> I'll go through and retrigger any perl failures that look appropriate
15:49 <jawn-smith> mutt is waiting on security team reviews of two MIR packages
15:50 <jawn-smith> That's it for proposed migration
15:50 <jawn-smith> #topic AOB
15:50 <bdmurray> jawn-smith: I'm retrying libcache-cache-perl/1.08-3
15:51 <jawn-smith> Thanks bdmurray
15:51 <waveform> I may disappear tomorrow/sometime-next-week as covid is wreaking havoc again
15:53 <jawn-smith> Lots of people OOO next week between debconf and a roadmap sprint
15:55 <jawn-smith> #endmeeting