14:31 <cpaelzer> #startmeeting Weekly Main Inclusion Requests status
14:31 <meetingology> Meeting started at 14:31:21 UTC.  The chair is cpaelzer.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
14:31 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
14:31 <cpaelzer> Ping for MIR meeting - didrocks joalif slyon sarnold cpaelzer jamespage
14:31 <cpaelzer> hello everyone
14:31 <joalif> o/
14:31 <cpaelzer> #topic Review of previous action items
14:31 <cpaelzer> none
14:31 <cpaelzer> #topic current component mismatches
14:31 <cpaelzer> Mission: Identify required actions and spread the load among the teams
14:31 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg
14:31 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.svg
14:32 <didrocks> hey
14:32 <cpaelzer> libcaca->freeglut seems new
14:32 <didrocks> it’s a packaging mistake apparently, will be fixed by next sync with Debian
14:32 <cpaelzer> ok goo, we'll ignore it then
14:32 <cpaelzer> aisleriot->guile-3.0 as well
14:32 <sarnold> usb-creator -> libisoburn -> libisofs -> jigit feels new
14:32 <cpaelzer> and finally tk -> xterm (was that a false positive, it feels known to me)
14:33 <slyon> usb-creator has been discussed (and assigned) during last week's foundations metting. will be handled by foundations
14:33 <sarnold> woo
14:33 <cpaelzer> ok - thanks slyon considering that handled then
14:33 <didrocks> tk/xterm rings a bell to me too
14:33 <didrocks> I guess aisleriot will be on me to figure out
14:34 <cpaelzer> ok didrocks
14:34 <slyon> yes, tk has been around for a while
14:34 <cpaelzer> I'm looking after tk/xterm right now if it was aknown false positive
14:34 <sarnold> Tue 05 14:48:13 < cpaelzer> tk -> xterm was the newest false positive last week
14:35 <cpaelzer> ok then
14:35 <cpaelzer> we all did remember a bit, next time we will remember it better
14:35 <sarnold> :D
14:36 <cpaelzer> ok all assigned then
14:36 <cpaelzer> great
14:36 <cpaelzer> #topic New MIRs
14:36 <cpaelzer> Mission: ensure to assign all incoming reviews for fast processing
14:36 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&assignee_option=none&field.assignee=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:36 <cpaelzer> three
14:36 <cpaelzer> bug 1977551
14:36 <ubottu> Bug 1977551 in lerc (Ubuntu) "[MIR] lerc" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1977551
14:36 <cpaelzer> bug 1972866
14:36 <ubottu> Bug 1972866 in mutt (Ubuntu) "[MIR] gsasl" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1972866
14:36 <cpaelzer> bug 1976405
14:36 <ubottu> Bug 1976405 in libntlm (Ubuntu) "[MIR] libntlm" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1976405
14:36 <cpaelzer> let us cross review those
14:37 <cpaelzer> two are from foundations (the last two)
14:37 <cpaelzer> let me pick libntlm
14:37 <cpaelzer> anyone up for gsasl?
14:37 <slyon> I can do lerc. It's related to the other BT codec MIR that I did 2 weeks ago
14:37 <cpaelzer> and slyon could look at lerc
14:37 <didrocks> I will pick lerc then
14:37 <cpaelzer> awesome
14:37 <cpaelzer> wait
14:37 <didrocks> ah ok :)
14:37 <cpaelzer> lerc = slyon, libntlm = me, gasal = didrocks ?
14:37 <didrocks> as this was desktopish, I was on the starting block :)
14:37 <cpaelzer> ?
14:37 <didrocks> ack on gasal
14:37 <sarnold> lerc is an image thing, not bluetooth?
14:38 <slyon> sarnold: ah.. possibly :) anyway it's the only non-Foundations MIR, so its mine
14:38 <sarnold> \o/
14:39 <cpaelzer> good all assigned
14:39 <cpaelzer> jamespage: joalif: you got the easy week this time :-)
14:39 <cpaelzer> #topic Incomplete bugs / questions
14:39 <cpaelzer> Mission: Identify required actions and spread the load among the teams
14:39 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:39 <joalif> :D
14:39 <cpaelzer> thw IWD comment is interesting
14:39 <cpaelzer> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/iwd/+bug/1971739
14:40 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1971739 in iwd (Ubuntu) "[MIR] iwd" [Undecided, Incomplete]
14:40 <cpaelzer> TL;DR bringing in IWD will not discontinue wpa_supplicant
14:40 <cpaelzer> which I guess is fine - one still wants the better things of IWD
14:40 <cpaelzer> but Desktop+Security needs to be aware they will most likely end up supporting both
14:40 <slyon> ACK
14:40 <cpaelzer> carry that to the teams please for awareness
14:41 <didrocks> I will do
14:41 <sarnold> ack
14:41 <cpaelzer> and keep it in mind when reviewing - as we usually require the demotion of the alternative
14:41 <cpaelzer> #topic MIR related Security Review Queue
14:41 <cpaelzer> Mission: Check on progress, do deadlines seem doable?
14:41 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-security/+bugs?field.searchtext=%5BMIR%5D&assignee_option=choose&field.assignee=ubuntu-security&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:41 <sarnold> ell and telegraf are in progress :D
14:41 <cpaelzer> \o/
14:42 <slyon> wrt. iwd: It was one of the review TODOs: "#1: descibe how/when we will be able to demote src:wpa (wpa_supplicant)"
14:42 <cpaelzer> this is great sarnold, but ...
14:42 <cpaelzer> Nevertheless this is filling faster than it gets drained
14:42 <cpaelzer> have you reached out to the team to help you now instead of any panic late in the cycle
14:43 <sarnold> yes; others have been assigned, but not yet started; I'm hopeful we will get some traction on additional ones soon
14:43 <cpaelzer> slyon: yeah this TODO is essentially invalid by the update we got
14:43 <cpaelzer> sarnold: ok, thanks for the info
14:43 <cpaelzer> and now something new - first time
14:43 <cpaelzer> This link is "internal" so not all can open it
14:43 <slyon> yes. the "how" would be: "not at all"
14:43 <cpaelzer> but still it will be helpful for those in the MIR team that are here
14:44 <cpaelzer> Internal link
14:44 <cpaelzer> - ensure your teams items are prioritized among each other as you'd expect
14:44 <cpaelzer> - ensure community requests do not get stomped by teams calling for favors too much
14:44 <cpaelzer> #link https://warthogs.atlassian.net/jira/software/c/projects/SEC/boards/594
14:44 <cpaelzer> we will check this weekly
14:44 <cpaelzer> and each of us can ensure that our teams items are in there and ranked accoridng to our needs
14:44 <cpaelzer> helping sarnold and friends even more to pick those we need mst desparately
14:44 <cpaelzer> -e
14:45 <cpaelzer> if there is anything, ask sarnold here or comment on the cards
14:45 <cpaelzer> with that being said I'd go on to
14:45 <cpaelzer> #topic Any other business?
14:45 <cpaelzer> I have one topic
14:45 <sarnold> apparently they can't just be dragged and dropped around like the old trello cards, but the little bars or chevrons etc indicate priority
14:45 <cpaelzer> I can't even count the number of times I said "Review of previous action items" -> "None"
14:46 <cpaelzer> We are no more using those kind of actions - we use LP bugs and GH PR reviews for all that happened in the last few months
14:47 <cpaelzer> the question I have is
14:47 <cpaelzer> should we keep that for when it will be needed?
14:47 <cpaelzer> or should we get rid of this - semingly useless - 10 second interrupt
14:47 <sarnold> i'm guessing not, it feels a bit redundant for this section
14:47 <didrocks> or maybe we can keep any questions to the AOB, yeah
14:47 <sarnold> I think we can remove it without missing anything
14:47 <didrocks> even if that was from previous meetings
14:47 <didrocks> agreed
14:47 <cpaelzer> yep
14:47 <cpaelzer> that would be my preference
14:47 <slyon> +1
14:48 <cpaelzer> joalif: opposing opinions?
14:48 <slyon> (for removing it)
14:48 <sarnold> (sorry meetingbot)
14:48 <joalif> nope i'm good with that
14:48 <slyon> I have one topic, too: https://github.com/cpaelzer/ubuntu-mir/pull/11/files – suggested a small update to the wording
14:48 <ubottu> Pull 11 in cpaelzer/ubuntu-mir "Update wording on dependency MIR check" [Open]
14:48 <cpaelzer> action items removed - thanks everyone
14:48 <slyon> WDYT?
14:48 <cpaelzer> now to the PR of slyon
14:49 <didrocks> slyon: +1 for me, especially the second line :)
14:49 <joalif> +1
14:49 <sarnold> +1
14:49 <cpaelzer> sorry dleay, I still need to translate what sarnold menat with chevrons, only makes sense for me in stargate "lock in chevron six, ..."
14:49 <cpaelzer> ok, now looking at the PR :-)
14:50 <cpaelzer> fine for me slyon
14:50 <cpaelzer> it is interesting that after the explanations we had you now more add further text in the RULE section above
14:50 <cpaelzer> but I'm fine
14:50 <cpaelzer> +1
14:50 <cpaelzer> we have enough +1 - I'm merging this right away then
14:51 <slyon> thanks! cpaelzer could you merge it and update the wiki, using your precious token?
14:51 <didrocks> (do they have the 9th chevron though?)
14:51 <sarnold> I hope our queue doesn't get deep enough to need a ninth chevron!
14:51 <didrocks> :p
14:52 <cpaelzer> sarnold: but if 8 gets you another galaxy where does 9 lead you
14:52 <didrocks> or it means that you can spin of your team, but I’m sidetracking :p
14:52 <cpaelzer> back to business - I have merged the PR
14:52 <cpaelzer> in wiki and git
14:52 <cpaelzer> thanks slyon
14:53 <sarnold> oh if we could fork off a clone of the team we'd really be cooking with induction :)
14:53 <cpaelzer> We had an induction sprint in CPH, not much cooking involved :-P
14:53 <sarnold> lol
14:53 <slyon> :D
14:53 <cpaelzer> anything else or should we close for today?
14:54 <sarnold> nothing from me
14:54 <joalif> nothing
14:54 <didrocks> nothing
14:54 <cpaelzer> good
14:54 <cpaelzer> thank you all - as always!
14:54 <cpaelzer> #endmeeting