15:00 <bdmurray> #startmeeting Weekly Ubuntu Foundations team
15:00 <meetingology> Meeting started at 15:00:13 UTC.  The chair is bdmurray.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
15:00 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
15:00 <sil2100> o/
15:01 <bdmurray> Our weekly status update is located here https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/foundations-team-updates-thursday-14-april-2022/27615/12
15:01 <bdmurray> Let's take a minute to look things over and ask any questions
15:02 <bdmurray> Does anyone know if ltrace got demoted?
15:03 <ogayot> it's still available in main at the moment
15:04 <bdmurray> vorlon: were you involved in that discussion?
15:04 <vorlon> bdmurray: I posted on ubuntu-devel about it
15:04 <vorlon> I haven't seen it get demoted yet
15:04 <vorlon> but if nobody else is responding to the thread on ubuntu-devel, I think juliank should go ahead
15:05 <bdmurray> Okay
15:05 <bdmurray> Any other questions on status?
15:06 <bdmurray> #topic Release Incoming Bugs
15:06 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-jj-incoming-bug-tasks.html#foundations-bugs
15:06 <bdmurray> bug 1962751 is still Incomplete
15:07 <ubottu> Bug 1962751 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "nvidia drivers not installed automatically" [High, Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1962751
15:07 <bdmurray> bug 1962454 still would be nice to fix but would work as an SRU
15:07 <bdmurray> so let's just leave that be
15:07 <ubottu> Bug 1962454 in apport (Ubuntu) "Oops pages show wrong time window in JournalErrors" [Low, Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1962454
15:07 <bdmurray> bug 1947877
15:07 <ubottu> Bug 1947877 in plocate (Ubuntu) "Don't index /mnt/{c,wsl} in WSL" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1947877
15:08 <bdmurray> There's that and another plocate bug which are good SRU targets.
15:08 <bdmurray> So let's target and card bug 1947877
15:09 <bdmurray> bug 1955655
15:09 <ubottu> Bug 1955655 in grub2 (Ubuntu Jammy) "kernel-5.13.0-23-generic : Unable to boot when Secure Encrypted Virtualization( SEV) is enabled without setting swiotlb boot param" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1955655
15:10 <bdmurray> There is a workaround and this isn't critical for release so let's save it for our next meeting
15:10 <bdmurray> bug 1967562
15:10 <ubottu> Bug 1967562 in linux (Ubuntu) "jammy beta (220330) arm iso pxe boot kernel panic on Ampere Mt. Jade" [Undecided, Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1967562
15:10 <sil2100> LP is slow for me today
15:11 <vorlon> Ampere Mt. Jade is my Saint Motel cover band
15:12 <bdmurray> There's an MP here so it's in progress so let's card it and target it to release
15:12 <bdmurray> bug 1968919
15:14 <bdmurray> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/needrestart/+bug/1968919
15:14 <bdmurray> We should have a look at this too
15:14 <sil2100> +1
15:15 <bdmurray> There are quirks in u-r-u which disable services e.g. update-notifier so something similar should be possible
15:15 <bdmurray> So target and card that
15:15 <mclemenceau> ok will do
15:15 <bdmurray> Maybe enr0n can have a look at it and bundle it with the spelling fix
15:15 <enr0n> I can do that
15:15 <bdmurray> bug 1965652
15:16 <ubottu> Bug 1965652 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu) "machine froze when upgrading impish->jammy" [Undecided, Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1965652
15:16 <bdmurray> I think this is a duplicate
15:16 <bdmurray> So let's skip that
15:16 <bdmurray> bug 1938088
15:16 <ubottu> Bug 1938088 in acpi-support (Ubuntu) "acpi-support prevents Groovy and Hirsute booting in LXC" [Undecided, Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1938088
15:17 <bdmurray> We've already carded that
15:18 <bdmurray> bug 1968190 is the other plocate bug
15:18 <bdmurray> Let's also target that for SRU
15:18 <bdmurray> #link https://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-ii-incoming-bug-tasks.html is empty
15:19 <bdmurray> #link https://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-ff-incoming-bug-tasks.html is also empty
15:19 <bdmurray> so that's that for bugs
15:19 <bdmurray> #topic Team proposed-migration report
15:19 <bdmurray> vorlon: ?
15:19 <vorlon> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_excuses_by_team.html#foundations-bugs
15:20 <vorlon> only one package there right now
15:20 <sil2100> \o/
15:20 <vorlon> enr0n: were you still looking at the autopkgtest regression for libzstd?
15:20 <bdmurray> How old is the report? ;-)
15:20 <enr0n> Yeah I did some work on it this week
15:22 <vorlon> looks like we'll try to add this to big_packages and retry the test
15:23 <jawn-smith> If that doesn't work I'll sponsor a version with the failing test disabled on ppc only
15:23 <bdmurray> Who is we in this case?
15:23 <vorlon> I'm adding it now
15:23 <vorlon> (modulo launchpad lag)
15:23 <bdmurray> Thanks
15:23 <vorlon> nothing else on proposed-migration for Foundations
15:24 <vorlon> so it's all +1 maintenance now!
15:24 <vorlon> bdmurray: back to you
15:24 <bdmurray> #topic AOB
15:24 <doko> ftbfs
15:24 <doko> still having acpi-support
15:24 <jawn-smith> I'm still working on vim. Pending ppa builders coming back online
15:24 <bdmurray> I'm travelling so may not get to it if somebody else has time
15:25 <doko> there are also some more pending for other teams
15:25 <doko> was anybody working on acpi-support?
15:26 <bdmurray> doko: it is assigned to me but I haven't had a chance so we should reassign it
15:29 <jawn-smith> dbungert or I will take acpi-support
15:29 <dbungert> ack
15:35 <bdrung> i will take over fixing the build and the postinst bug of acpi-support
15:36 <bdmurray> Next week is the release!
15:37 <jawn-smith> \o/
15:37 <sil2100> And Final Freeze today!
15:39 <bdmurray> Alright, thanks everybody
15:39 <bdmurray> #endmeeting