15:33 <cpaelzer> #startmeeting Weekly Main Inclusion Requests status
15:33 <meetingology> Meeting started at 15:33:42 UTC.  The chair is cpaelzer.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
15:33 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
15:33 <cpaelzer> #topic Review of previous action items
15:33 <cpaelzer> no others than the assigned tasks
15:33 <cpaelzer> #topic current component mismatches
15:34 <cpaelzer> Mission: Identify required actions and spread the load among the teams
15:34 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg
15:34 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.svg
15:34 <didrocks> on libreoffice -> the new release is in, which triggered even more issues. Already pinged ricotz to sort that out
15:34 <cpaelzer> non-proposed LGTM
15:34 <didrocks> on libadwaita pulling glade -> pinged seb128
15:34 <cpaelzer> plocate is a new request we will see later
15:34 <cpaelzer> libreoffice has even more than last week
15:34 <cpaelzer> thanks didrocks
15:35 <slyon> libhandy-1/glade seems new
15:35 <cpaelzer> we didn't get an answer on heat -> vitrageclient -> twitter-bootstrap3 last week from jamespage
15:35 <didrocks> sorry libadwaita/I meant libhandy
15:35 <cpaelzer> jamespage: if you are around today, what is the plan forward on this one?
15:36 <cpaelzer> the rest looks known to me
15:36 <slyon> ah, thanks didrocks!
15:36 <cpaelzer> xcvt is in the new queue today
15:37 <cpaelzer> we know jamespage has a concurrent meeting sometimes, so we can go on and if he is around later he can tell us about heat -> vitrageclient -> twitter-bootstrap3
15:37 <cpaelzer> #topic New MIRs
15:37 <cpaelzer> Mission: ensure to assign all incoming reviews for fast processing
15:37 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&assignee_option=none&field.assignee=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
15:37 <cpaelzer> sa promised plocate and libxcvt
15:37 <cpaelzer> looking for reviewers
15:37 <slyon> I can do libxcvt
15:37 <cpaelzer> I have a few PTO days incoming, so I can't assign myself yet
15:37 <cpaelzer> thanks slyon
15:38 <didrocks> I should be able to take plocate
15:38 <cpaelzer> awesome
15:38 <sarnold> woot
15:38 <sarnold> (I love plocate :)
15:38 <cpaelzer> #topic Incomplete bugs / questions
15:38 <cpaelzer> Mission: Identify required actions and spread the load among the teams
15:38 <didrocks> never used it, still at the locate area here :p
15:38 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
15:39 <cpaelzer> three to talk about
15:39 <cpaelzer> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libapache2-mod-auth-openidc/+bug/1959722
15:39 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1959722 in libapache2-mod-auth-openidc (Ubuntu) "[MIR] libapache2-mod-auth-openidc" [Undecided, Incomplete]
15:39 <cpaelzer> that just got review updated
15:39 <cpaelzer> no action yet until there is feedback by coreycb
15:40 <cpaelzer> next is https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/v4l2-relayd/+bug/1958109
15:40 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1958109 in OEM Priority Project "[MIR] v4l2-relayd" [High, In Progress]
15:40 <cpaelzer> that has an open question for slyon
15:40 <slyon> yes. one comment was addressed. I need to check that other bug report and will answer to that comment later
15:40 <cpaelzer> Even if that resolves one of slyon open issues, the list of required things is longer
15:41 <slyon> ack
15:41 <cpaelzer> BTW - I have started to number my required7recommended TODOs
15:41 <sarnold> ah, good idea
15:41 <cpaelzer> so far it work as it is easier to a) refer to them later and b) to track if all of them are done later
15:41 <slyon> indeed, that makes it easier to reference those
15:41 <cpaelzer> should we throw this as suggestion into the template as so far it works well?
15:41 <cpaelzer> or are htere opposing opinions?
15:42 <slyon> let's do it.
15:42 <joalif> yup
15:42 <joalif> sounds good
15:42 <cpaelzer> ok, I'll have a PR for next week
15:42 <cpaelzer> next is https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cargo/+bug/1957932
15:42 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1957932 in rustc (Ubuntu) "[MIR] rustc, cargo" [Critical, Incomplete]
15:42 <cpaelzer> and here schopin wanted to talk with us
15:42 <slyon> schopin: ^
15:42 <schopin> o/
15:42 <cpaelzer> we have two packages both with "ack but TODOs ..."
15:43 <schopin> So, I think I've done most of the work on src:rustc, except that there are issues with armhf when running the test suite
15:43 <cpaelzer> sounds like some great progress then
15:43 <cpaelzer> once done do another update like #5 and we shall pass it into the security queue then
15:44 <schopin> yup, but I'm wondering if I should upload it as is for the security team to make their review?
15:44 <cpaelzer> schopin: if it only is the testing on arm and all esle is adressed, yes upload it
15:44 <schopin> 'cause debugging on armhf could take hours *just for the initial build*
15:44 <cpaelzer> schopin: but, there is a twist
15:44 <cpaelzer> schopin: if you want to avoid to go through -proposed twice you can upload to a PPA
15:44 <cpaelzer> schopin: and tell security that it is there and what it is waiting on
15:45 <sarnold> does rustc/cargo on armhf even make sense? those things use vast amounts of memory, I'm not sure 32 bit platforms make sense
15:45 <cpaelzer> schopin: then once arm tests are good, you can do one real upload and update the bug again telling security that from now on they can use this for the review
15:45 <schopin> Sounds good, I'll go with that then!
15:45 <cpaelzer> schopin: ^^ how about the general challenge if rust@armhf makes sense?
15:45 <schopin> haven't had time to get to cargo but I expect it to go much quicker.
15:46 <cpaelzer> I mean it is not really possible to say "supported but not here" and I feel "not building for armhf" will offend some people
15:46 <slyon> so should we assign ubuntu-security already? Or will schopin do that once the PPA is ready?
15:46 <cpaelzer> slyon: once the PPA is ready and an update made that explains all the todos are adressed - then assign security
15:47 <cpaelzer> and for cargo, let us know if there is more to discuss then @schopin
15:47 <cpaelzer> going on with the meeting then
15:47 <schopin> I'll address the armhf in the bug, I'll need to think on it ;)
15:47 <sarnold> thanks
15:47 <cpaelzer> #topic MIR related Security Review Queue
15:47 <cpaelzer> Mission: Check on progress, do deadlines seem doable?
15:47 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-security/+bugs?field.searchtext=%5BMIR%5D&assignee_option=choose&field.assignee=ubuntu-security&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
15:48 <cpaelzer> sarnold: please trigger some hope on this queue :-)
15:49 <cpaelzer> oh and BTW - when the security team assigns a person it is out of this list - like in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-asgiref/+bug/1953173
15:49 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1953173 in python-asgiref (Ubuntu) "[MIR] python-asgiref" [Critical, In Progress]
15:49 <sarnold> I can offer you a small piece of token hope, how's that? :) ccdm94 has made good progress on python-cheroot, she's sent me an initial review template to review :)
15:49 <cpaelzer> that is good
15:49 <sarnold> so I have hope that we'll move one of them to the finished column later today
15:49 <cpaelzer> but really I want you sarnold to yell at all layers about you that the top 9 of this list is strictly needed to make 22.4 happen the way it is meant to be
15:49 <sarnold> adsys and python-asgiref are still in progress; no new ones have been started
15:50 <cpaelzer> and let me know if I shell help with that yelling
15:50 <sarnold> alas, the time for yelling was perhaps a year ago
15:51 <cpaelzer> I did yell back then, and in november, december, january - as you know
15:51 <cpaelzer> the closer we get the higher the frequency
15:51 <cpaelzer> :-)
15:51 <cpaelzer> anyway - we often hear "the coming LTS is the most important", that should be reflected in the resources that you get to use on this
15:51 <cpaelzer> I'm not blaming or staring at you sarnold :-)
15:51 <sarnold> unfortunately, another team member has accepted a role at another company in the meantime; her responsibilities will take ever more time from the remaining members of the team
15:51 <cpaelzer> ok enough, I'll keep my token of hope that you gave me
15:52 <sarnold> and our drive for hiring the entire world is consuming a vast amount of team time
15:52 <slyon> we need to clone sarnold
15:52 <sarnold> yesplease
15:52 <sarnold> I'll take two :)
15:52 <slyon> heh
15:52 <cpaelzer> yep, but my point is if "LTS is important" is the #1 of all #1 prios then that should win everywhere
15:53 <sarnold> I'm afraid others in the organization do not see it that way
15:53 <cpaelzer> sarnold: give me names in a private mail and I'll make it change
15:53 <cpaelzer> sarnold: that is the bit of help I can try to provide
15:53 <sarnold> cpaelzer: ack, thanks
15:53 <cpaelzer> #topic Any other business?
15:53 <sarnold> <3
15:53 <cpaelzer> are there any more fun topics
15:54 <cpaelzer> none from me
15:54 <slyon> nothing
15:54 <didrocks> nothing either
15:54 <sarnold> nothing from me
15:54 <cpaelzer> oh actually, one thing
15:54 <cpaelzer> I have scheduled an in-person meeting for those of you that are at the sprint
15:55 <cpaelzer> no agenda, just get together and use the chance for 30 minutes retrospective and thoughts on the MIR process
15:55 <cpaelzer> it likely won't work well for remote :-/
15:55 <cpaelzer> better luck next sprint I guess :-/
15:55 <sarnold> probably not, but worth a shot..
15:55 <cpaelzer> no I'm really out of topics
15:55 <cpaelzer> now
15:55 <cpaelzer> closing this out in
15:55 <cpaelzer> 3
15:55 <cpaelzer> 2
15:55 <cpaelzer> 1
15:55 <cpaelzer> #endmeeting