15:31 <cpaelzer> #startmeeting Weekly Main Inclusion Requests status
15:31 <meetingology> Meeting started at 15:31:09 UTC.  The chair is cpaelzer.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
15:31 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
15:31 <cpaelzer> ping slyon, didrocks, sarnold, joalif, jamespage for MIR meeting
15:31 <sarnold> good morning
15:31 <joalif> o/
15:31 <slyon> o/
15:31 <cpaelzer> as I promised last time I'll be distracted by othe rmeetings, so i beg your pardon for my latency
15:32 <cpaelzer> #topic Review of previous action items
15:32 <cpaelzer> none
15:32 <cpaelzer> #topic current component mismatches
15:32 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg
15:32 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.svg
15:32 <cpaelzer> let us check what new entries we have that need to be adressed
15:32 <cpaelzer> new info on llvm-toolchain-13 foundations confirmed to take it
15:33 <cpaelzer> doko was tasked to resolve
15:33 <slyon> cups-filters seems new?
15:33 <cpaelzer> so that will be gone in a bit since it is just needing an AA being a new version
15:33 <cpaelzer> I agree slyon
15:33 <cpaelzer> I was not seeing cups-filters -> lync before
15:33 <cpaelzer> cups ~-> Desktop
15:33 <cpaelzer> didrocks: are you around?
15:34 <sarnold> sigh "Firefox has just been updated in the background. Click Restart Firefox to complete the update"
15:34 <cpaelzer> while we wait for that another FYI
15:34 <cpaelzer> the suitesparse case was solved, that will be gone with the next run
15:35 <cpaelzer> without an MIR actually by auto-excluding -doc and -dev 8suitesparse)
15:35 <cpaelzer> ok, it really leaves cups-filters -> lynx as the one to act on
15:35 <slyon> side question about that: how often are those SVGs generated? Would it be possible to add a timestamp to it? (maybe we can discuss this in the AOB section)
15:35 <cpaelzer> I'll ping Desktop in their channel
15:36 <cpaelzer> slyon: you can watch them as html with .html suffix
15:36 <cpaelzer> slyon: https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.html
15:36 <cpaelzer> there they have a timestamp
15:36 <cpaelzer> updated as often as update-excuses
15:36 <slyon> ok, nice
15:36 <sarnold> how nice that it's generated 1.5 minutes before the meeting :)
15:37 <cpaelzer> message sent to desktop
15:37 <cpaelzer> #topic New MIRs
15:37 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&assignee_option=none&field.assignee=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
15:37 <cpaelzer> protobuf here does NOT need a review yet, it needs an owning team first
15:38 <cpaelzer> foundations was suggested, slyon would you carry that to the team to say yes/no ?
15:38 <cpaelzer> from there it can go into review
15:38 <slyon> will do
15:38 <cpaelzer> thanks
15:38 <cpaelzer> #topic Incomplete bugs / questions
15:38 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
15:39 <cpaelzer> libio-prompt-tiny-perl has a todo for foundations, once solved either the MIR isn't needed or it is approved
15:39 <cpaelzer> no action needed
15:39 <cpaelzer> rustc opened, but yet incomplete
15:39 <cpaelzer> I wonder if we need to carry our needs from our "preliminary rust MIR rules" work into that MIR bug
15:40 <cpaelzer> maybe when we do the review to not mess with whatever this was hled back as incomplete for now
15:40 <cpaelzer> #topic Any other business?
15:40 <cpaelzer> the mismatch timestamp was solved
15:40 <slyon> ack
15:41 <cpaelzer> I wanted to ask how the joint review of joalif + slyon worked out?
15:41 <cpaelzer> anything out of that we want to change in our templates?
15:41 <slyon> joalif did the initial work
15:41 <slyon> I still need to find some time for a review and filling of gaps
15:41 <joalif> I did some stuff, the only thing that caught my eye
15:41 <cpaelzer> ok, both please do eventually speak up if you think there are docs or processes to change
15:41 <joalif> is that this package runs a daemon as root
15:42 <slyon> joalif: was there anthing confusing with the process/wiki page that you'd like to improve?
15:42 <cpaelzer> joalif: which is ok as a finding, we have recently changed the reporter templates to explain why such (daemon as root) should be ok. Did the reporter explain something in that regard?
15:43 <joalif> the one thing that confused me a bit was what to do with seeded-in-ubuntu
15:44 <cpaelzer> you are right joalif
15:44 <cpaelzer> with our new style where we split RULES and TODO this part clearly would be a  RULE
15:44 <cpaelzer> as it is not meant to stay around in the final post
15:44 <cpaelzer> And more like a hint how you could check
15:46 <joalif> yes I understand, my problem is not knowing how I'm supposed to use the tool :p
15:47 <joalif> other than that the review process seems straight forward
15:48 <cpaelzer> https://github.com/cpaelzer/ubuntu-mir/pull/6
15:48 <ubottu> Pull 6 in cpaelzer/ubuntu-mir "Clarify check-mir and such are not to stay in the post" [Open]
15:48 <cpaelzer> Created for what we can improve here
15:48 <cpaelzer> the rest to understand "how to do it" really is either mana-page study or co-reviewing with one of us
15:48 <cpaelzer> everyone please have a look at the PR, if accepted until next week we can merge that as improvement
15:48 <didrocks> cpaelzer: back, sorry, I thought we told we would skip this week, scrollbacking
15:49 <cpaelzer> we are about to close didrocks, no problem
15:49 <cpaelzer> unless cups->lynx is a problem to you
15:50 <sarnold> how is lynx in the daily-live and daily-preinstalled seeds if it is in universe now?
15:50 <didrocks> cpaelzer: no, I’ll follow up with Till
15:50 <cpaelzer> thanks
15:51 <cpaelzer> sarnold: magic
15:51 <sarnold> :)
15:51 <didrocks> not really liking this kind of magic :p
15:51 <cpaelzer> sarnold: chances are that is another binary of src:lynx showing up here
15:51 <cpaelzer> but yeah it is in universe
15:51 <cpaelzer> afaics
15:52 <cpaelzer> a kind of magic worth a quick look by didrocks when sorting out the above maybe
15:52 <cpaelzer> never the less I'd be closing out for today
15:52 <didrocks> yeah, it can bit us another time without noticing, hence not linking not understanding what’s going on, but that’s a topic for later :)
15:56 <cpaelzer> ok, thank you all then
15:56 <cpaelzer> see you next week
15:56 <slyon> see you, thanks!
15:56 <cpaelzer> #endmeeting