15:30 <cpaelzer> #startmeeting Weekly Main Inclusion Requests status
15:30 <meetingology> Meeting started at 15:30:33 UTC.  The chair is cpaelzer.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
15:30 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
15:30 <cpaelzer> ping slyon, didrocks, sarnold, joalif, jamespage (optional: doko ddstreet) for MIR meeting
15:31 <sarnold> good morning
15:31 <slyon> o/
15:31 <joalif> o/
15:32 <cpaelzer> #topic Review of previous action items
15:32 <cpaelzer> I added the new rule to the wiki as discussed
15:32 <cpaelzer> nothing else
15:32 <cpaelzer> #topic current component mismatches
15:32 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg
15:32 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.svg
15:33 <cpaelzer> fwupd-fwupd-efi is new, but I already reviewed that this morning
15:33 <cpaelzer> it actually can be promoted (was only a source split)
15:33 <sarnold> woot
15:33 <cpaelzer> didrocks: ^^ when you read this later consider acting on https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fwupd-efi/+bug/1956768
15:33 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1956768 in OEM Priority Project "[MIR] fwupd-efi" [High, In Progress]
15:33 <cpaelzer> what else new do we have in here ...
15:33 <cpaelzer> ah
15:34 <slyon> raqm was already promoted by didier today as well \o/
15:34 <cpaelzer> postgresql-14 -> llvm-toolchain-13 - as I promised last week I started on that
15:34 <cpaelzer> it is in discussion who actually should own llvm
15:34 <cpaelzer> so far it was kernel, potentially it will be foundations
15:34 <cpaelzer> that delays this topci a bit
15:35 <cpaelzer> I have invited a bunch of people to a meeting at the sprint, the purpuise is to give sarnold + team a clear view on "what is strictly needed to make 22.04 happen"
15:35 <cpaelzer> This is mostly managers talk I gues,s but if you get an invite that is what it is about
15:36 <cpaelzer> other things in component mismatches ...
15:36 <cpaelzer> many known open cases (those waiting for security review)
15:36 <cpaelzer> and many known false-positives
15:36 <cpaelzer> suitesparse we talked about last week
15:36 <cpaelzer> do I miss anything that you see in there?
15:36 <cpaelzer> that needs acting by the MIR team?
15:37 <sarnold> I think the rest is known oddities
15:37 <cpaelzer> agreed
15:37 <slyon> ack. there are some *-perl things that foundations worked on
15:37 <slyon> but we'll get to them with the next list i guess
15:37 <cpaelzer> ok
15:37 <cpaelzer> #topic New MIRs
15:37 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&assignee_option=none&field.assignee=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
15:38 <seb128> cpaelzer, suiteparse I had a question on #ubuntu-devel if you saw earlier
15:38 <cpaelzer> I didn#t
15:38 <cpaelzer> seb128: today?
15:38 <seb128> yes, an hour ago
15:38 <seb128> want me to copy here?
15:38 <seb128> but I can do after the current section if you prefer
15:38 <cpaelzer> we'll copy that in for the "other business" section at the end
15:38 <cpaelzer> thanks for the hint seb128
15:38 <seb128> +1
15:38 <seb128> np!
15:38 <cpaelzer> now to the new MIRs
15:39 <cpaelzer> as promised by slyon some perl
15:39 <cpaelzer> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libio-prompt-tiny-perl/+bug/1951065
15:39 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1951065 in libio-prompt-tiny-perl (Ubuntu) "[MIR] libio-prompt-tiny-perl" [Undecided, Confirmed]
15:39 <cpaelzer> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libset-intspan-perl/+bug/1956444
15:39 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1956444 in libset-intspan-perl (Ubuntu) "[MIR] libset-intspan-perl" [Undecided, New]
15:39 <cpaelzer> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-advantage-desktop-daemon/+bug/1954909
15:39 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1954909 in ubuntu-advantage-desktop-daemon (Ubuntu) "[MIR] ubuntu-advantage-desktop-daemon" [Undecided, New]
15:39 <cpaelzer> the last one might be more complex
15:39 <cpaelzer> all three need to be assigned
15:39 <cpaelzer> didrocks: said he can tkae on when reading the backlog
15:39 <cpaelzer> I could take one of the perl bugs (busy in sprint prep)
15:40 <cpaelzer> slyon: could I ask you for the ubuntu-advantage one
15:40 <cpaelzer> and depending on time/urgency of that maybe even trying to schedule to do that together with joalif ?
15:40 <slyon> yes, that'd be mine as the non-foundation MIR
15:40 <slyon> ack
15:40 <cpaelzer> 1951065 goes to me
15:40 <cpaelzer> 1956444 to didier
15:41 <cpaelzer> 1954909 to slyon and joalif
15:41 <joalif> ack
15:41 <cpaelzer> all security reviews go to sarnold :-P
15:41 <sarnold> ack!
15:42 <cpaelzer> #topic Incomplete bugs / questions
15:42 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
15:42 <cpaelzer> That has two recent updates
15:42 <cpaelzer> I can talk about both
15:42 <cpaelzer> vulkan-tools has a list of required todo's I updated the priority and some status in the bug to better reflect that
15:43 <cpaelzer> protobuf-c was a request to re-promote an old package, but I explained that it has no owning team anymore and the old Mir was more than a decade ago
15:43 <cpaelzer> so I asked for prepping a real 2022-style MIR
15:43 <cpaelzer> #topic Any other business?
15:43 <cpaelzer> I'll copy in the former messages from seb128
15:43 <cpaelzer> <seb128> cpaelzer, hey, MIR question for you about suitesparse-graphblas ... can we get away without having to comply to tests requirements if it's a split of an existing source in main which was already lacking those?
15:44 <cpaelzer> <seb128> cpaelzer, ideally we would improve the situation and add those but we just don't have the resources for that atm and the alternative is to keep using the oudated copy included in suitesparse but that isn't putting us in a better situation
15:44 <cpaelzer> now I'm reading what i pasted ...
15:44 <didrocks> o/
15:44 <cpaelzer> seb128: to confirm, this is the following situation
15:45 <cpaelzer> source A of non perfect quality e.g. no tests, was split into A' and B. Now B is as bad as A always was
15:45 <seb128> yes
15:45 <cpaelzer> I'd say overall that is no regression at least, we should use the occasion as opportunity to file and assign a bug against your team as a reminder
15:45 <cpaelzer> but yes, I'd think having it "as-is" but from two sources is ok then
15:46 <cpaelzer> it is better than keeping an outdated copy due to that
15:46 <seb128> I'm writting the MIR but the tests section is going to be 'sorry no tests or autopkgtests'
15:46 <cpaelzer> seb128: if you could outline the situation on a MIR bug, then we could review it
15:46 <seb128> will do
15:46 <didrocks> I’m a little bit afraid if we don’t use it as an opportunity to get things better, it means it will never be acted on, but that’s only my 2 cents :/
15:46 <cpaelzer> seb128: if there are no ultra-fatal showstoppers we could consider all of them "Recommended TODOs for later"
15:47 <cpaelzer> didrocks: hence I'm asking to file bugs and assign them
15:47 <cpaelzer> not sure how good you all are at ignoring bugs filed against you :-)
15:47 <seb128> I will at least report to Debian as wishlist in addition
15:47 <didrocks> ack. the bugs should be assigned :)
15:47 <cpaelzer> yes
15:47 <seb128> but I don't see us working on adding the tests this cycle
15:47 <cpaelzer> ok seb128
15:47 <seb128> thanks!
15:47 <didrocks> ah, so adding to debian without assignement is fine for you?
15:47 <cpaelzer> the main reason I'm leaning toward "let it pass" is that keeping it outdated won't make it better either
15:48 <seb128> didrocks, no, I meant in addition to the launchpad assigned bugs
15:48 <didrocks> ack then :)
15:48 <cpaelzer> seb128: I'd in addition like to see launchpad bugs assigned to desktop and links to those in the MIR bug eventually
15:48 <cpaelzer> eventually => before we promote it
15:48 <slyon> yes, that sounds like a reasonable path forward
15:49 <cpaelzer> the only thing left, this is a democracy - I have stated my opinion, but I'm not a ruler here
15:49 <cpaelzer> could we have a quick +1/0/-1 by the team on the suggested approach ^^ ?
15:49 <cpaelzer> +1
15:49 <slyon> +1
15:49 <sarnold> +1 sounds good
15:49 <didrocks> +1
15:49 <joalif> +1
15:49 <cpaelzer> that is a majority even with the few people we miss
15:50 <cpaelzer> ok seb128, let that be the plan
15:50 <seb128> cpaelzer, wfm, thank you!
15:50 <cpaelzer> seb128: I expect to see this with a "to be assigned" MIR bug next week then right?
15:50 <seb128> cpaelzer, correct
15:50 <cpaelzer> great
15:50 <cpaelzer> ok, anything else from anyone?
15:50 <sarnold> yes
15:50 <cpaelzer> nothing (more) from me
15:50 <sarnold> if next week is a sprint week, will we have this meeting?
15:51 <cpaelzer> sarnold: yes we will, this phase of the LTS is too hot and the sprint has a break at this time
15:51 <sarnold> cpaelzer: ack, thanks
15:51 <cpaelzer> in case I'm distracted too much please someone feel free to drive this using https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MainInclusionProcess?action=show&redirect=MIRTeam#MIR_Team_weekly_status_meeting
15:51 <cpaelzer> but thanks for clarifying sarnold!
15:51 <cpaelzer> anything else?
15:52 <slyon> no
15:52 <didrocks> nothing for me
15:52 <sarnold> nothing else
15:52 <cpaelzer> ok, then see you all next week
15:52 <cpaelzer> happy reviewing
15:52 <cpaelzer> #endmeeting