15:29 <cpaelzer> #startmeeting Weekly Main Inclusion Requests status
15:29 <meetingology> Meeting started at 15:29:36 UTC.  The chair is cpaelzer.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
15:29 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
15:29 <slyon> o/ hey there, happy new year MIR team!
15:29 <cpaelzer> yeah - indeed
15:30 <sarnold> good morning, happy new year :)
15:30 <joalif> happy new year!
15:30 <didrocks> happy new year!
15:30 <cpaelzer> ping slyon, didrocks, sarnold, joalif (optional: doko ddstreet) for MIR meeting
15:31 <cpaelzer> arrr
15:31 <cpaelzer> year starts bad by me forgetting jamespage :-(
15:32 <cpaelzer> updated the wiki to copy and paste it from now on :-)
15:32 <cpaelzer> ok let us get this started, hoping the others will join in a bit
15:32 <cpaelzer> #topic Review of previous action items
15:32 <cpaelzer> we had more discussions on the rust rules, but those can stay in just github as preliminary for now
15:32 <cpaelzer> for now => until the rust MIR itself is more mature
15:33 <cpaelzer> But we also had something simple yet helpful in
15:33 <cpaelzer> https://github.com/cpaelzer/ubuntu-mir/pull/4
15:33 <ubottu> Pull 4 in cpaelzer/ubuntu-mir "enhance template for listing installed services" [Open]
15:33 <cpaelzer> We have two reviews (mine and slyon) and no negative statements
15:33 <cpaelzer> I'd make that active after the meeting unless there are objections
15:33 <cpaelzer> are there any?
15:34 <didrocks999> (sorry, my IRC disconnected, missed previous pings if any)
15:35 <cpaelzer> hehe
15:35 <cpaelzer> wb didrocks999
15:35 <sarnold> cpaelzer: is 'recurring jobs' there meant to cover both systemd jobs as well as crontab entries?
15:36 <sarnold> didrocks999: we're discussing https://github.com/cpaelzer/ubuntu-mir/pull/4 at the moment
15:36 <ubottu> Pull 4 in cpaelzer/ubuntu-mir "enhance template for listing installed services" [Open]
15:36 <didrocks999> ack
15:36 <cpaelzer> sarnold: that is the purpose, before we just said services
15:36 <cpaelzer> sarnold: which is too narrow
15:37 <cpaelzer> you'd be the first to complain about a root, crontab executing some random data
15:37 <cpaelzer> doesn't have to be a service to be bad
15:37 <sarnold> *nod*
15:37 <cpaelzer> hence the extension to cover them all
15:37 <didrocks999> agreed
15:37 <cpaelzer> ok with that topic then, thanks
15:37 <didrocks> I think this is a nice addition, I don’t have anything to add to the PR itself
15:37 <cpaelzer> as i said I'll make it active after the meeting
15:37 <cpaelzer> #topic current component mismatches
15:37 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg
15:37 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.svg
15:37 <cpaelzer> I have identified four
15:38 <cpaelzer> let me go through those and then let me know if you see more
15:38 <sarnold> heh, you were right, debian folks were busy :)
15:38 <cpaelzer> hehe
15:38 <cpaelzer> libstring-copyright-perl -> libset-intspan-perl
15:38 <cpaelzer> that is a foundations subscription, slyon would you mind to check what you want to do with that?
15:39 <slyon> yes, will do
15:39 <cpaelzer> poistgresql-14 ->llvm-toolchain-13 is for server (postrgesql) and I started a mail thread with the kernel team
15:39 <cpaelzer> they own the former versions and I asked if they would be ok to take -13 as well before I open an MIR
15:39 <cpaelzer> that MIR is probably trivial as it is just a version bump
15:40 <cpaelzer> next is suitesparse -> suitesparse-graphblas
15:40 <cpaelzer> didrocks: that is a descktop subscription, would you have a look how you want to deal with it?
15:40 <cpaelzer> -c
15:40 <didrocks> will do
15:40 <didrocks> double recommends :p
15:40 <cpaelzer> and finally (of those I found)
15:41 <cpaelzer> php-xmlrpc - that was split out of php and I started https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php-xmlrpc/+bug/1956345 to deal with it
15:41 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1956345 in php-xmlrpc (Ubuntu) "[MIR] php-xmlrpc" [Undecided, Incomplete]
15:41 <cpaelzer> didrocks: is that the answer for suitesparse, you might have to tell me a few more times until I can memorize it as known false-positve
15:41 <cpaelzer> anything else that you can spot we need to deal with?
15:42 <didrocks> cpaelzer: no, I just mean I’ll have a look, I didn’t know we display multiple recommends on the graph
15:42 <sarnold> I think libio-prompt-tiny-perl is new to the list, but it feels like foundations may already be on it, it was mentioned in here
15:42 <slyon> yes, that's pending inside foundation's backlog
15:42 <cpaelzer> yeah, generally if it has a stub bug (like this) it has an owner
15:43 <cpaelzer> in this stage we just want to avoid things get lingering and languishing in here until we explode
15:43 <cpaelzer> #topic New MIRs
15:43 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&assignee_option=none&field.assignee=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
15:43 <cpaelzer> none
15:43 <cpaelzer> #topic Incomplete bugs / questions
15:43 <didrocks> \o/
15:43 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
15:44 <cpaelzer> raqm I saw the update, is dealt with by a package update
15:44 <cpaelzer> php-xmlrpc I just mentioned
15:44 <cpaelzer> glusterfs gets new tests, but those are completed
15:44 <cpaelzer> it is actually "only" on security no more on the team
15:44 <cpaelzer> changing incomplete->new
15:45 <slyon> nice
15:45 <cpaelzer> done
15:45 <cpaelzer> everything else is older
15:45 <cpaelzer> #topic Any other business?
15:46 <didrocks> nothing for me
15:46 <sarnold> nothing here
15:46 <slyon> nothing
15:46 <cpaelzer> We all need to make sure we wear the nicest IRC cloak next week as I guess we will welcome our newest team member: joalif
15:47 <cpaelzer> nothing else :-)
15:47 <sarnold> lol
15:47 <cpaelzer> question, were there any assigned review on anyone of you that are still stalled?
15:47 <cpaelzer> or are those we saw all that are in flight
15:47 <joalif> cpaelzer: I'm here :)
15:48 <cpaelzer> hiho, welcome to the team
15:48 <sarnold> welcome joalif :)
15:48 <slyon> welcome on board joalif!
15:48 <joalif> thanks!
15:48 <didrocks> welcome!
15:48 <cpaelzer> joalif: above you see on of our weekly syncs, from there we assign reviews or discuss/decide on anything that needs to be done
15:49 <cpaelzer> usually for new members on the first few reviews assigned we essentially "review the review" and try to start with some simpler packages
15:49 <didrocks> cpaelzer: I have one for desktop, but seb will be back next week only anyway
15:49 <cpaelzer> since we had none to assign today we can't do that yet :-)
15:49 <cpaelzer> ok didrocks thanks for the heads up
15:49 <cpaelzer> well, I guess for today that is it then
15:50 <joalif> yup, I'm going through the MIR process to understand how it works
15:50 <cpaelzer> yeah it is a good read, but will only come to live once you handle it for real :-)
15:50 <cpaelzer> closing words of today - always keep in mind 1.09% of the year is already over, so hurry up
15:50 <cpaelzer> o/
15:51 <slyon> haha o/
15:51 <cpaelzer> goodbye, see you all next week
15:51 <joalif> bye o/
15:51 <sarnold> awesome :) I'm already looking forward to next year-end break..
15:51 <sarnold> thanks cpaelzer, all :)
15:51 <cpaelzer> #endmeeting