16:00 <juliank> #startmeeting Weekly Ubuntu Foundations team
16:00 <meetingology> Meeting started at 16:00:11 UTC.  The chair is juliank.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
16:00 <juliank> #topic Lightning rounds
16:00 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
16:00 <juliank> $ echo $(shuf -e sil2100 schopin doko ginggs waveform slyon xypron juliank)
16:00 <juliank> waveform sil2100 schopin xypron juliank slyon doko ginggs
16:00 <juliank> #topic Lightning rounds
16:00 <juliank> waveform sil2100 schopin xypron juliank slyon doko ginggs
16:00 <juliank> waveform:
16:00 <waveform> * Worked on pi-bluetooth for core18 (LP: #1949869)
16:00 <waveform> * ... and that's about it
16:00 <waveform> * ... no, really
16:00 <waveform> * Interview / take-home-tests
16:00 <waveform> * Pi meetings
16:00 <waveform> (done)
16:00 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1952048 in Kernel SRU Workflow "bionic/linux-raspi2: 4.15.0-1099.106 snap-debs snap:pi-kernel" [Medium, In Progress] [duplicate: 1949869] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1952048
16:01 <sil2100> * SRU reviews and releases
16:01 <sil2100> * ubuntu-image:
16:01 <sil2100> - Prepared test package for the HWE team for testing the --sector-size flag
16:01 <sil2100> - Merged PR for classic extra-snap from William
16:01 <sil2100> - Meeting up with CPC team to discuss classic image build future
16:01 <sil2100> * Take-home test grading
16:01 <sil2100> * Meetings about future projects
16:01 <sil2100> * Help with Xilinx:
16:01 <sil2100> - Review of some work documents
16:01 <sil2100> - Publishing new images to the release directory on lillypilly
16:01 <sil2100> * Prepared code for switching coreXX snap auto-promotion code to use the new jira board (instead of trello)
16:01 <sil2100> * Worked with Phil from the CPC team to get credentials updated to get the new functionality working
16:01 <sil2100> * Ubuntu Core meeting to discuss some future developments
16:01 <sil2100> * TB meeting, discussing some extra repository concepts
16:01 <sil2100> * Worked on Jira to try some Release Team coodination project management
16:01 <sil2100> - Might need to ask for more permissions for Jira for that
16:01 <sil2100> - But started drafting an idea document
16:01 <sil2100> (done)
16:01 <sil2100> Oh, and interview!
16:01 <sil2100> Did one
16:01 <sil2100> ...and other stuff
16:02 <schopin> * Worked on the OpenSSL transition the whole week
16:02 <schopin> * ... except a few hours of work on NetPlan to get my last huge PR closer to
16:02 <schopin> production state.
16:02 <schopin> ✓ done
16:02 <xypron> I am working on the Nezha kernel
16:02 <xypron> Moving the config to be compatible to the Ubuntu standard
16:03 <xypron> Detected by Nezha U-Boot was not compatible with OpenSBI.
16:03 <xypron> <done>
16:03 <juliank> * sponsored grub2 for mfo (LP: #1840560)
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1840560 in grub2 (Ubuntu Impish) "'error: can't find command hwmatch' during grub" [Low, In Progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1840560
16:03 <juliank> * survey
16:03 <juliank> * training
16:03 <juliank> * shim-review ACK lernstick (https://github.com/rhboot/shim-review/issues/196)
16:03 <ubottu> Issue 196 in rhboot/shim-review "Lernstick shim-15.4-6 x64 (20210729)" [Open]
16:03 <juliank> * shim-review NAK miracle linux (https://github.com/rhboot/shim-review/issues/189)
16:03 <ubottu> Issue 189 in rhboot/shim-review "Shim 15.4 for MIRACLE LINUX 8" [Open]
16:03 <juliank> * sponsoring triage:
16:03 <juliank> - unsubscribed https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/1876620
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1876620 in grub2 (Ubuntu) "Enable riscv64 build" [Wishlist, New]
16:03 <juliank> - unsubscribed https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/autopkgtest/+bug/1947810 - asked to forward
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1947810 in autopkgtest (Ubuntu) "autopkgtest-satdep.deb unpack fails on Debian images" [Medium, New]
16:03 <juliank> * sponsored openssl 3.0.0
16:03 <juliank> * uploaded openssl SRUs for double engine loading (LP: #1951943)
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1951943 in openssl (Ubuntu Impish) "Engine crashes when loading the configuration more than once" [Undecided, In Progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1951943
16:03 <juliank> * released apt 2.3.13
16:03 <juliank> * python-defer: fix for python3.10:
16:03 <juliank> - use Callable in collections.abc instead of collections (LP: #1951993)
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1951993 in python-defer (Ubuntu) "libnet-ssleay-perl FTBFS" [Undecided, Fix Committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1951993
16:03 <juliank> * synced mercurial 6.0 from experimental to fix autopkgtests broken by git (debian bug 998706)
16:03 <ubottu> Debian bug 998706 in mercurial "git breaks mercurial autopkgtest: Failed test-convert-git.t: output changed" [Serious, Open] https://bugs.debian.org/998706
16:03 <juliank> * retried various licensecheck adjacent tests with all-proposed=1, they all seem to need each other and I did not build a list
16:03 <juliank> * sponsored libnet-ssleay-perl  (LP: #1945811)
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1945811 in libnet-ssleay-perl (Ubuntu) "libnet-ssleay-perl: Fail to build against OpenSSL 3.0" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1945811
16:03 <juliank> (done)
16:03 <juliank> slyon:
16:03 <slyon> - discussions around wireguard MIR, LP: #1950317
16:03 <slyon> - dbus-python (or rather pyqt5) proposed-migration, incl. pyfai FTBFS fix
16:03 <slyon> - adopt open-iscsi to systemd v249 (systemd-resolve is now resolvectl)
16:03 <slyon> - interview & take-home test
16:03 <slyon> === Netplan ===
16:03 <slyon> - triaging & resolving bugs reported by snapd:
16:03 <slyon> + bugs #1946957, #1949884, #1949893, #1943023, #1949895
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1950317 in wireguard (Ubuntu) "[MIR] Wireguard" [Undecided, Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1950317
16:04 <ubottu> Bug 1946957 in netplan "Unset of a subtree crashes with invalid (non existing) origin-hint" [Low, In Progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1946957
16:04 <ubottu> Bug 1949884 in netplan "netplan crashes when there is an empty origin hint file" [Undecided, In Progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1949884
16:04 <ubottu> Bug 1949893 in netplan "new interface does not show up after dbus config apply" [Undecided, In Progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1949893
16:04 <ubottu> Bug 1949895 in netplan "'netplan apply --debug' vs 'netplan --debug apply'" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1949895
16:04 <ubottu> Bug 1946957 in netplan "Unset of a subtree crashes with invalid (non existing) origin-hint" [Low, In Progress] [duplicate: 1943023] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1946957
16:04 <slyon> + leading to some new PRs:
16:04 <slyon> https://github.com/canonical/netplan/pull/245
16:04 <slyon> https://github.com/canonical/netplan/pull/246
16:04 <slyon> - tested & merged https://github.com/canonical/netplan/pull/233
16:04 <slyon> - some smaller netplan fixes
16:04 <slyon> ✓ done
16:04 <ubottu> Pull 245 in canonical/netplan "dbus: wait for 'netplan try' to be ready (LP: #1949893)" [Open]
16:04 <ubottu> Pull 246 in canonical/netplan "get/set: ignore empty YAML hints and delete files on 'set network=null' (LP: #1949884)" [Open]
16:04 <ubottu> Pull 233 in canonical/netplan "lib: use an explicit parser context" [Merged]
16:04 <doko> - only two day week for me
16:04 <doko> - gcc-12 update, starting with gcc-12 cross packages
16:04 <doko> - company tutorials
16:04 <doko> - preparing GCC packages for POWER9
16:04 <doko> (done)
16:04 <juliank> ginggs:
16:04 <ginggs> * +1 week, trying hard to avoid python packages
16:04 <ginggs> * sponsoring schopin's uploads for openssl3 transition
16:04 <ginggs> * retrying autopkgtests triggered by libgetopt-long-descriptive-perl for xypron
16:04 <ginggs> done
16:05 <sil2100> William also sent his via e-mail:
16:05 <sil2100> * ubuntu-image
16:05 <sil2100> * Investigated LP: #1951576 but so far unable to recreate
16:05 <sil2100> * Merged --sector-size PR by sil2100
16:05 <sil2100> * sponsoring queue cleanup: helped reduce sponsoring queue size from 62 to 36
16:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1951576 in Ubuntu Image "Ubuntu-Image 2.0 snap does not inject required environment variables" [Undecided, In Progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1951576
16:05 <sil2100> * LP: #1951988 have dpkg check for @canonical.com addresses when checking for update-maintainer
16:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1951988 in dpkg (Ubuntu) "dpkg-source should fail if maintainer is not ubuntu and DEBEMAIL contains @canonical.com" [Undecided, Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1951988
16:05 <sil2100> * LP: #1913656 SRU verification
16:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1913656 in ghostscript (Ubuntu Focal) "`gs [options] -- <input_file>` fails with 'permission denied'" [Medium, Fix Released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1913656
16:05 <sil2100> * LP: #1890013 create patch and SRU to focal
16:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1890013 in ocrfeeder (Ubuntu Focal) "ocrfeeder PDF import systematically fails" [Undecided, Fix Committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1890013
16:05 <sil2100> * Touching up core dev application
16:05 <sil2100> * Proposed migration: lava vs psycopg2
16:05 <sil2100> * Candidate interview
16:05 <sil2100> * LP: #1952144 help openssl v3 transition by fixing golang-github-mendersoftware-openssl (needs more work)(done)
16:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1952144 in golang-github-mendersoftware-openssl (Ubuntu) "Update for openssl v3" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1952144
16:05 <sil2100> (done)
16:05 <juliank> And I think that's it, the rest is out
16:05 <juliank> #topic Release incoming bugs
16:05 <juliank> Just giving this a quick look given that biran is not here
16:05 <juliank> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-jj-incoming-bug-tasks.html#foundations-bugs
16:06 <juliank> bug 1951214
16:06 <ubottu> Bug 1951214 in apport (Ubuntu) "ubuntu-bug isn't opening firefox (snap) on jammy, instead gedit gets data" [High, Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1951214
16:06 <juliank> there's a patch
16:08 <juliank> I'd say let's card this one
16:08 <slyon> done
16:08 <juliank> bug 1650688
16:08 <ubottu> Bug 1650688 in Snappy "timedatectl set-timezone fails on UC16" [High, Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1650688
16:08 <slyon> there are patches around for this one, too. So I'd say let's card it
16:08 <juliank> that's in systemd on our side, to clarify
16:09 <juliank> +1 on carding, seems important
16:09 <slyon>16:09 <juliank> bug 1943530
16:09 <ubottu> Bug 1943530 in krb5 (Ubuntu) "link libkrb5 with openssl" [Undecided, Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1943530
16:10 <juliank> probably don't want to do this now during the transition
16:10 <juliank> let's get back it this next week
16:10 <juliank> bug 1951399
16:10 <ubottu> Bug 1951399 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "Ubuntu, Budgie, Kubuntu, Kylin, MATE, Xubuntu: jammy daily fails to install" [Undecided, Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1951399
16:10 <sil2100> huh
16:10 <sil2100> Ah, tempfile related
16:10 <juliank> there is an ubuntu-devel thread about the debianutils change which broke this
16:11 <sil2100> This is discussed on the ML, yeah
16:11 <juliank> so this is in progress already and should be fixed soon
16:11 <juliank> I guess we can just untag it
16:11 <sil2100> Should we still card it in that case for tracking on Jira?
16:11 <sil2100> Or that
16:11 <juliank> What do you think?
16:13 <sil2100> Ok, let's untag it but get in touch with Robie next week
16:13 <doko> rbasak, did you already start on that? delaying for next week
16:13 <schopin> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2021-November/041691.html for reference
16:14 <juliank> ok untagged and linked to mail and merge
16:14 <juliank> last bug is bug 1951993
16:14 <ubottu> Bug 1951993 in python-defer (Ubuntu) "libnet-ssleay-perl FTBFS" [Undecided, Fix Committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1951993
16:15 <schopin> can be untagged, I guess?
16:15 <juliank> which we already dealt with otherwise
16:15 <slyon> it seems to be resolved as of 5h ago
16:15 <juliank> yeah, I untagged it now
16:15 <juliank> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-ii-incoming-bug-tasks.html#foundations-bugs
16:16 <juliank> it's empty!
16:16 <juliank> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-ff-incoming-bug-tasks.html#foundations-bugs
16:16 <juliank> bug 1948884
16:16 <ubottu> Bug 1948884 in casper (Ubuntu) "casper interactive_netmount looks for the wrong url on 20.04.3" [Low, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1948884
16:17 <juliank> I don't know enough casper to judge what the impact is
16:17 <sil2100> Still didn't have time
16:17 <juliank> brian marked it low
16:17 <sil2100> Let's leave it for next meeting!
16:17 <juliank> ok
16:17 <juliank> #topic Team proposed-migration report
16:17 <juliank> #link http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_excuses_by_team.html#foundations-bugs
16:18 <juliank> I don't think it makes sense assigning stuff today
16:18 <doko> +1
16:18 <juliank> is there anything needing urgent attention though?
16:19 <juliank> I don't see anything particularly awful, so let's move on
16:19 <juliank> #topic AOB
16:19 <sil2100> All good!
16:19 <schopin> regarding excuses, pam has been stuck for a while and I can't figure it out :/
16:19 <juliank> Oh I'm out tomorrow
16:21 <juliank> #endmeeting