16:00 <bdmurray> #startmeeting Weekly Ubuntu Foundations team
16:00 <meetingology> Meeting started at 16:00:41 UTC.  The chair is bdmurray.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
16:00 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
16:00 <bdmurray> #topic Lightning Round
16:01 <slyon> o/
16:01 <mclemenceau> o/
16:01 <waveform> o/
16:02 <bdmurray> doko xypron vorlon jawn-smith alexghiti ginggs mwhudson schopin slyon bdmurray juliank dbungert waveform sil2100
16:02 <bdmurray> doko:
16:03 <doko> - Python 3.9.8 release, fun with two regressions
16:03 <doko> - some python related package removals
16:03 <doko> - filing bug reports in Debian for Python related ftbfs
16:03 <doko> (done)
16:03 <xypron> I finished my work on Nehza U-Boot
16:03 <xypron> I am turning to the Kernel for the the Nezha board.
16:03 <xypron> <done>
16:04 <bdmurray> vorlon is out
16:04 <bdmurray> so is jawn-smith
16:04 <bdmurray> ginggs:
16:04 <ginggs> * still busy adding python3.10 as a supported version
16:04 <ginggs> * helped r-base and r-bioc* migrate
16:04 <ginggs> * security training
16:04 <ginggs> (done)
16:04 <slyon> - 2x interview
16:04 <slyon> - systemd v249 merge,
16:04 <slyon> + resolved merge & patch conflicts & fixed i386 FTBFS
16:04 <slyon> + preview build in Bileto https://bileto.ubuntu.com/#/ticket/4704
16:04 <slyon> + working my way through autopkgtest failures, investigating differnet issues
16:04 <slyon> - boot-and-services: https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/20989
16:04 <slyon> - tests-in-lxd: fixing an autopkgtest directory layout change, working
16:04 <ubottu> Issue 20989 in systemd/systemd "boot-and-services fails on Debian bookworm/sid" [Open]
16:04 <slyon> around a networkd DHCPv4 DUID networking issue, investigating sysusers &
16:04 <slyon> test dependency conflicts
16:04 <slyon> - helping debug UC18 issue, LP: #1949089
16:04 <slyon> - investigated & filed LP: #1950445 for debugedit
16:04 <slyon> === Netplan ===
16:04 <slyon> - cleaning up some bug status
16:04 <slyon> - some discussions wrt. a certlab UC20 networking regression
16:04 <slyon> - uploaded & verified SRUs LP: #1949104, LP: #1949761, LP: #1771740
16:04 <slyon> (done)
16:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1949089 in systemd (Ubuntu Bionic) "systemd randomly fails to activate mount units in Ubuntu Core 18" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1949089
16:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1950445 in debugedit (Ubuntu) "Fails to strip systemd on i386" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1950445
16:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1949104 in netplan.io (Ubuntu Jammy) "netplan try is broken" [Undecided, Fix Committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1949104
16:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1949761 in netplan.io (Ubuntu Jammy) "NM backend does not accept 'scope: link' routes" [Undecided, Fix Committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1949761
16:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1771740 in netplan "Expose link offload options" [Medium, Fix Committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1771740
16:05 <bdmurray> reviewing candidate applications
16:05 <bdmurray> research into / fixing of CNF data for jammy
16:05 <bdmurray> making changes / test building an ISO image for Intel IoT
16:05 <bdmurray> getting trained (HR and Security)
16:05 <bdmurray> there's more but I left my status at home
16:06 <bdmurray> ✔ done
16:06 <bdmurray> juliank:
16:07 <juliank> various bits of discussions in apt regarding coloring of output and removing essential package removal prompt
16:07 <juliank> merging patches for nullboot
16:07 <juliank> some shim review stuff
16:07 <juliank> openssl bug investigation
16:08 <bdmurray> Will the cow get colors?
16:08 <juliank> Let me link thread
16:08 <juliank> https://mastodon.social/web/@juliank/107258531583432453
16:08 <juliank> various ways to make removals more obvious
16:08 <juliank> (done)
16:08 <bdmurray> waveform:
16:09 <waveform> * Bumped rpi-eeprom for jammy (LP: #1950287)
16:09 <waveform> * Bumped pi-bluetooth for jammy (LP: #1944027, LP: #1950061)
16:09 <waveform> * Worked on rename of linux-firmware-raspi2 to linux-firmware-raspi (LP: #1950632)
16:09 <waveform> * As part of ^^ a wifi firmware bump is also required (LP: #1950633); all incorporated in test package at ppa:waveform/firmware but still testing
16:09 <waveform> * Worked on u-boot merge
16:09 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1950287 in rpi-eeprom (Ubuntu) "Update rpi-eeprom to current upstream release (12.14-1) from raspios" [Undecided, Fix Released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1950287
16:09 <waveform> * Worked on initramfs update failure on Zero 2 (LP: #1950214)
16:09 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1944027 in pi-bluetooth (Ubuntu) "On Pi 4b running Ubuntu 21.04 and pi-bluetooth warnings about substitution syntax appear at boot" [Undecided, Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1944027
16:09 <waveform> * Interview
16:09 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1950061 in pi-bluetooth (Ubuntu Jammy) "Failed to start Raspberry Pi bluetooth helper" [Undecided, Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1950061
16:09 <waveform> * Pi meetings
16:09 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1950632 in pi-bluetooth (Ubuntu) "Rename to linux-firmware-raspi" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1950632
16:09 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1950633 in linux-firmware-raspi2 (Ubuntu Jammy) "Update wifi firmware for future zero 2 boards" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1950633
16:09 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1950214 in initramfs-tools (Ubuntu) "raspi 64 bit Impish image fails update-initramfs with OOM on zstd" [Undecided, Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1950214
16:09 <waveform> (done)
16:09 <bdmurray> Any questions on status?
16:10 <juliank> I forgot to mention training
16:11 <bdmurray> #topic Release Incoming Bugs
16:11 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-jj-incoming-bug-tasks.html
16:12 <bdmurray> bug 1950488
16:12 <ubottu> Bug 1950488 in brltty (Ubuntu) "brltty ftbfs in jammy" [High, Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1950488
16:12 <bdmurray> Let's target and card that
16:13 <bdmurray> bug 1943530 is still incomplete
16:13 <ubottu> Bug 1943530 in krb5 (Ubuntu) "link libkrb5 with openssl" [Undecided, Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1943530
16:13 <bdmurray> bug 1950052
16:13 <ubottu> Bug 1950052 in command-not-found (Ubuntu) "Package suggestions are not working, apt asks sudo apt update" [Undecided, Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1950052
16:13 <bdmurray> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/jammy/main/cnf/
16:14 <bdmurray> So I fixed that
16:14 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-ii-incoming-bug-tasks.html
16:14 <bdmurray> that's empty
16:14 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-ff-incoming-bug-tasks.html
16:15 <bdmurray> And sil2100 was looking at bug 1948884
16:15 <ubottu> Bug 1948884 in casper (Ubuntu) "casper interactive_netmount looks for the wrong url on 20.04.3" [Low, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1948884
16:16 <bdmurray> #topic Team proposed-migration report
16:17 <bdmurray> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_excuses_by_team.html#foundations-bugs
16:18 <doko> python-crypto: removed in Debian, I'm working on the removal in jammy
16:18 <doko> brltty, desktop or foundations?
16:19 <doko> any volunteers?
16:21 <doko> setuptools related autopkg test failures?
16:21 <bdmurray> waveform: ^
16:21 <waveform> ack
16:21 <doko> dbus-python/pyqt5
16:22 <slyon> that's still on me
16:22 <doko> libcgi-pm-perl, libcpanel-json-xs-perl, libgetopt-long-descriptive-perl
16:25 <doko> libregexp-pattern-license-perl, libstring-copyright-perl, licensecheck
16:25 <bdmurray> xypron: will take the above
16:26 <xypron> "libcgi-pm-perl, libcpanel-json-xs-perl, libgetopt-long-descriptive-perl" for me. yes
16:26 <juliank> me -> libregexp-pattern-license-perl, libstring-copyright-perl, licensecheck
16:26 <doko> ok
16:26 <doko> libyaml-libyaml-perl
16:26 <doko> I'll take that
16:27 <doko> lintian for me as well
16:27 <doko> mtr, ftbfs?
16:27 <doko> -> slyon
16:28 <slyon> i take that (mtr)
16:28 <doko> ncurses
16:28 <bdmurray> I can take that
16:28 <doko> pillow?
16:29 <doko> -> waveform
16:29 <waveform> ack
16:30 <bdmurray> python3-click for mwhudson
16:30 <bdmurray> thanks doko
16:30 <bdmurray> #topic AOB
16:31 <bdmurray> I'll be out this afternoon and tomorrow
16:33 <bdmurray> alright, thanks everybody
16:33 <bdmurray> #endmeeting