15:01 <bdmurray> #startmeeting Weekly Ubuntu Foundations team
15:01 <meetingology> Meeting started at 15:01:02 UTC.  The chair is bdmurray.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
15:01 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
15:01 <bdmurray> #topic Lightning Round
15:01 <bdmurray> bdmurray schopin sil2100 dbungert alexghiti xypron vorlon jawn-smith slyon juliank mwhudson waveform ginggs doko
15:01 <bdmurray> SRU verification of LP: #1916250
15:01 <bdmurray> investigation into CPC build failure and reporting of LP: #1949116
15:01 <bdmurray> pinging people about the above bug and getting llvm12 promoted
15:01 <bdmurray> worked with sil2100 to rebuild Intel IoT images after some livecd-rootfs
15:01 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1916250 in libsignon-glib (Ubuntu Impish) "gir1.2-signon-2.0 needs to declare replace on older releases (Groovy2Hirsute and Focal2Jammy)" [Low, Fix Committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1916250
15:01 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1949116 in mesa (Ubuntu Hirsute) "libgl1-mesa-dri depends on libllvm12 from universe" [Critical, Fix Released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1949116
15:02 <bdmurray> esearch regarding removal of Precise crash data from the Error Tracker
15:02 <bdmurray> updated daisy crash removal code to successfully remove data for LTSes
15:02 <bdmurray> review of a u-r-u MP which fixes LP: #1926267, uploaded it for jammy
15:02 <bdmurray> uploaded apport fixing an autopkgtest failure (gdb abort again)
15:02 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1926267 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu Impish) "do-release-upgrade failed silently after failed to connect to snap service" [High, Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1926267
15:02 <bdmurray> investigation into Intel IoT image issues
15:02 <bdmurray> review of livecd-rootfs, cloud-initramfs-tools changes for the above
15:02 <bdmurray> testing of the grow root partition changes for Intel IoT image
15:02 <bdmurray> review of candidate applications
15:02 <bdmurray> interviews
15:02 <bdmurray> testing / tweaking ps5 deployments of the Error Tracker
15:02 <bdmurray> ✔ done
15:02 <bdmurray> schopin:
15:02 <schopin> # 20211104
15:02 <schopin> * Holiday + PTO Monday/Tuesday
15:02 <schopin> * OpenSSL:
15:02 <schopin> + Started preparing patched versions of the Foundations packages for OpenSSL3
15:02 <schopin> + Looked into the status of other main packages that failed to build:
15:02 <schopin> - dovecot: found a patch on the RedHat bugzilla
15:02 <schopin> - spice: doesn't FTBFS on Debian, which has a later upstream version
15:02 <schopin> * netplan:
15:02 <schopin> + Reviewed PR 243 for slyon addressing LP: #1949104
15:02 <ubottu> Bug 243 in pinfo (Ubuntu) "Dpkg set up fails with: Setting up pinfo (0.6.8-3) ..." [Medium, Fix Released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/243
15:02 <schopin> ✓ done
15:02 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1949104 in netplan.io (Ubuntu Jammy) "netplan try is broken" [Undecided, Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1949104
15:03 <bdmurray> sil2100:
15:03 <sil2100> * Shorter week due to holidays
15:03 <sil2100> * SRU reviews and releases
15:03 <sil2100> * ubuntu-image:
15:03 <sil2100> - Reviewed PR for armhf test fixes
15:03 <sil2100> - Prepared PR for go-diskfs to enable custom sector-size definition
15:03 <sil2100> - Lots of great discussion and planning on the ubuntu-image planning session
15:03 <sil2100> - Started moving the old Python-based UI to the right org and different name
15:03 <sil2100> * Ubuntu Core:
15:03 <sil2100> - Started switching core22 to jammy
15:03 <sil2100> - Discussions regarding future core enablements
15:03 <sil2100> * Intel IOT:
15:03 <sil2100> - Looking into enabling growroot and swapfile, SRUed required changes
15:03 <sil2100> - Lots of debugging related to a bug with growroot forcing an initrd prompt on first boot
15:03 <sil2100> - (wasted time doing local builds!)
15:03 <sil2100> - Found issue with udev props missing after growpart, proposed workaround
15:03 <sil2100> - Did more testing, pushed changes with help of Brian
15:03 <sil2100> * Enhanced sru-review to be able to generate debdiffs also for uploads that are missing debdiffs
15:03 <sil2100> * Take home test reviews
15:03 <sil2100> * NEW reviews for Xilinx - looking into some licensing issues
15:03 <sil2100> * Gathering feedback on ubuntu-cdimage simplestreams
15:04 <sil2100> * Reviewed canary MP for cdimage for Dan
15:04 <sil2100> * Review of the unsubscribe-team MP for ubuntu-archive-tools
15:04 <sil2100> * Other stuff I forgot
15:04 <sil2100> (done)
15:04 <dbungert> * update-notifier: Prep for SRU of report button fix (LP: #1821412)
15:04 <dbungert> * ubuntu-desktop-installer vs curtin: created new seed aimed at pulling
15:04 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1821412 in update-notifier (Ubuntu) "'System program problem' report button does nothing" [High, In Progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1821412
15:04 <dbungert> in packages that the desktop installer wants, and that curtin wants.
15:04 <dbungert> Tell ubuntu-cdimage to use that seed.  Both PRs merged.
15:04 <dbungert> https://github.com/canonical/ubuntu-desktop-installer/issues/449
15:04 <ubottu> Issue 449 in canonical/ubuntu-desktop-installer "Installation fails without explanation on apt download errors" [Open]
15:04 <dbungert> * +1: crowdsec (LP: #1946376) - sorting out changes to golang packages to fix a
15:04 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1946376 in golang-github-tonistiigi-fsutil (Ubuntu) "FTBFS due to conflict with vendored source in docker.io" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1946376
15:04 <dbungert> conflict between vendored and non-vendored source.  Fix plan read, affecting
15:04 <dbungert> 12 packages, discussing with potential sponsors and looking to get most of
15:04 <dbungert> these changes into Debian.  Looking at firewalld next.
15:04 <dbungert> (done)
15:04 <alexghiti> BeagleV board:
15:04 <alexghiti> ddrinit
15:04 <alexghiti> Code: DONE https://github.com/AlexGhiti/JH7100_ddrinit/tree/int/alex%2Fspl
15:04 <alexghiti> Package: TODO
15:04 <alexghiti> u-boot SPL
15:04 <alexghiti> Code: DONE https://github.com/AlexGhiti/u-boot/tree/int/alex%2Fspl_support
15:04 <alexghiti> Package: TODO
15:04 <alexghiti> u-boot:
15:04 <alexghiti> Code: DONE https://github.com/AlexGhiti/u-boot/tree/int/alex%2Fspl_support
15:04 <alexghiti> Package: DONE https://launchpad.net/~alexghiti/+archive/ubuntu/riscv/+build/22367399
15:04 <alexghiti> Linux kernel:
15:04 <alexghiti> Code: DONE https://github.com/AlexGhiti/riscv-linux/tree/int/alex%2Fbeaglev
15:04 <alexghiti> Package: ONGOING.
15:04 <alexghiti> Rootfs:
15:04 <alexghiti> ONGOING in livecd-rootfs
15:04 <alexghiti> Image
15:04 <alexghiti> ONGOING in livecd-roots
15:04 <alexghiti> Tutorial:
15:05 <alexghiti> (done)
15:05 <bdmurray> xypron:
15:05 <xypron> The last week I have continued working on U-Boot for the Nezha board.
15:05 <xypron> Anyway it was a short week with 2 days off.
15:05 <xypron> <done>
15:06 <slyon> vorlon is off
15:06 <bdmurray> vorlon is feeling under the weather
15:06 <slyon> jawn-smith is off but left this summary:
15:06 <slyon> * ubuntu-image
15:06 <slyon> * Used a locally patched snapd to avoid LP: #1948838 and used it to add --validation flag to ubuntu-image
15:06 <slyon> * will push these changes when the above bug is resolved and I can update go.mod
15:06 <slyon> * Started investigating passing through arbitrary flags/environment variables to live-build
15:06 <slyon> * The strategy for this may change as we redesign classic builds, so putting in backlog for now
15:06 <slyon> * Started work on adding --snap flag for extra snaps in classic images
15:06 <slyon> * Created PR to fix LP: #1949208
15:06 <slyon> * LP: #1923352 and LP: #1938442 for more SRU experience
15:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1948838 in Snappy "Snapd can no longer be imported as a Go module" [Critical, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1948838
15:06 <slyon> * Finishing up demo video for RISC-V summit
15:06 <slyon> * HR and security training
15:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1949208 in Ubuntu Image "Integer overflows possible when creating large images on 32 bit architectures" [Undecided, Fix Committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1949208
15:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1923352 in speedtest-cli (Ubuntu Bionic) "speedtest-cli crashed with ValueError in get_config(): invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''" [Undecided, Fix Committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1923352
15:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1938442 in hplip (Ubuntu Jammy) "Wrong permissions on ~/.hplip/.gnupg" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1938442
15:06 <slyon> Now my status:
15:06 <slyon> - short week: Fri & Mon off
15:06 <slyon> - Take-home test
15:06 <slyon> - HR training
15:06 <slyon> - Bug grooming for netplan and systemd
15:06 <slyon> - sponsored timidity for alexghiti
15:06 <slyon> - working on Debian usrmerge bug #997866
15:06 <ubottu> Bug 997866 in AskUbuntu Lens "Default view on lens should show the FAQ" [Wishlist, Fix Released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/997866
15:06 <slyon> === Netplan ===
15:06 <slyon> - working on SRUs LP: #1949104, LP: #1949761, LP: #1771740
15:06 <slyon> - created PR https://github.com/canonical/netplan/pull/243
15:06 <slyon> - created PR https://github.com/canonical/netplan/pull/235
15:06 <slyon> - reviewed & merged PR https://github.com/canonical/netplan/pull/242
15:06 <slyon> (done)
15:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1949104 in netplan.io (Ubuntu Jammy) "netplan try is broken" [Undecided, Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1949104
15:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1949761 in netplan.io (Ubuntu Jammy) "NM backend does not accept 'scope: link' routes" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1949761
15:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1771740 in netplan.io (Ubuntu Impish) "Expose link offload options" [Wishlist, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1771740
15:06 <ubottu> Pull 243 in canonical/netplan "cli:apply: initialize self.state (LP: #1949104)" [Merged]
15:06 <ubottu> Pull 235 in canonical/netplan "generate:dbus:util: glib 2.70 compat" [Open]
15:06 <ubottu> Pull 242 in canonical/netplan "Reset offload options" [Merged]
15:07 <juliank> * autopkgtest cloud work on analysing failures, improving grafana graphs
15:07 <juliank> * some apt merge request and issue reviewing and merging
15:07 <juliank> (done)
15:07 <bdmurray> waveform:
15:07 <waveform> * Holiday last week (but managed a structa release :)
15:07 <waveform> * Pi Zero 2 release (with associated blog post, tests, etc.)
15:07 <waveform> * Tested proposed HDMI display freeze fix (LP: #1946368)
15:07 <waveform> * Finished ISO test cases for Ubuntu Desktop for Pi (awaiting merge decision on https://code.launchpad.net/~waveform/ubuntu-manual-tests/+git/ubuntu-manual-tests/+merge/410534 before proposing as this branch builds on that one)
15:07 <waveform> * Bumped proposed lg-gpio package for Debian (new upstream release)
15:07 <waveform> * Working on rtimulib proposed package for Debian
15:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1946368 in linux-raspi (Ubuntu) "HDMI output freezes under current/proposed impish kernels" [Critical, Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1946368
15:07 <waveform> * Testing flash-kernel changes for Pi's boot.img mode
15:07 <waveform> * Working on u-boot merge
15:07 <waveform> * Pi meetings
15:07 <waveform> (done)
15:08 <bdmurray> ginggs:
15:08 <ginggs> * still busy adding python3.10 as a supported version
15:08 <ginggs> * set up tracker for openssl3 transition https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/transitions/html/openssl3.html
15:08 <ginggs> * started filing bugs in debian https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=python3.10;users=debian-python@lists.debian.org
15:08 <ginggs> * was off on Monday
15:08 <ginggs> (done)
15:08 <doko> - preparing OpenJDK 8 security updates
15:08 <doko> - backporting jtreg / jtharness to bionic and focal, after chatting with the scurity team
15:08 <doko> - preparing to file bug reports for python3.10 to debian
15:08 <doko> (done)
15:08 <bdmurray> are there any Questions on status?
15:09 <bdmurray> waveform: what is the status of the HDMI output freeze?
15:10 <waveform> bdmurray, the kernel in -proposed appears to fix the issue (for myself and for others), the verification on the bug is also done
15:10 <sil2100> \o/
15:10 <bdmurray> great
15:10 <bdmurray> #topic Release Incoming Bugs
15:10 <waveform> bdmurray, I believe it's due to land on the 8th
15:10 <sil2100> waveform: does it fix all the known cases?
15:11 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-jj-incoming-bug-tasks.html#foundations-bugs
15:11 <bdmurray> bug 1934439 is for the desktop team
15:11 <ubottu> Bug 1934439 in software-properties (Ubuntu Xenial) "Add Ubuntu Pro banner to Livepatch page" [Wishlist, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1934439
15:11 <bdmurray> bug 1949089
15:11 <ubottu> Bug 1949089 in systemd (Ubuntu) "systemd randomly fails to activate mount units in Ubuntu Core 18" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1949089
15:12 <slyon> that's a weird issue the snapd team found happening in their spread tests. I started investigating a bit. we should card it
15:12 <bdmurray> okay, let's do that
15:12 <slyon> might be an SRU regression of the latest bionic upload
15:12 <mclemenceau> done
15:13 <bdmurray> bug 1943530 is still incomplete
15:13 <ubottu> Bug 1943530 in krb5 (Ubuntu) "link libkrb5 with openssl" [Undecided, Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1943530
15:13 <bdmurray> bug 1949104
15:13 <ubottu> Bug 1949104 in netplan.io (Ubuntu Jammy) "netplan try is broken" [Undecided, Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1949104
15:13 <bdmurray> this is already targetted to Jammy
15:13 <slyon> netplan try broke with the latest netplan SRU. It's a regression, we should card & fix it. I'm working on a fix
15:13 <bdmurray> Its an SRU regression?
15:14 <slyon> (but we have an easy workaround available)
15:14 <slyon> yes. It's a SRU regression
15:15 <bdmurray> Okay, well when you upload something feel free to ping me or any other SRU team member.
15:15 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-ii-incoming-bug-tasks.html
15:15 <slyon> ack. will do
15:15 <bdmurray> there is nothing there \o/
15:15 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-ff-incoming-bug-tasks.html
15:15 <bdmurray> bug 1948884
15:15 <ubottu> Bug 1948884 in casper (Ubuntu) "casper interactive_netmount looks for the wrong url on 20.04.3" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1948884
15:16 <bdmurray> I did look into this week and there aren't any symlinks
15:16 <bdmurray> sil2100: Could you have a peek at this?
15:16 <bdmurray> Or does somebody know when this actually gets called?
15:17 <sil2100> Looking, wait
15:17 <bdmurray> Is it a use case we actually care much about?
15:18 <sil2100> hmmm, good question
15:18 <sil2100> I think this would always be broken, so it's funny that this is the first report
15:18 <bdmurray> right
15:18 <sil2100> I'd like to check what's up with that tho
15:19 <sil2100> But seems low priority
15:19 <bdmurray> okay, let's leave it tagged until more investigation is done
15:19 <bdmurray> #topic Team proposed-migration report
15:20 <bdmurray> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_excuses_by_team.html#foundations-bugs
15:20 <bdmurray> There are some things showing up now which are not waiting on ppc64el
15:20 <bdmurray> Like aptdaemon
15:21 <bdmurray> I'll press the retry button
15:22 <bdmurray> and I'll do that with command-not-found
15:22 <bdmurray> dbus-python ?
15:23 <slyon> I can check dbus-python
15:23 <bdmurray> thanks
15:23 <bdmurray> I'm just gonna assign some stuff
15:23 <bdmurray> alexghiti: dnspython
15:24 <bdmurray> dbungert: gpgme1.0
15:24 <dbungert> bdmurray: ack
15:24 <bdmurray> waveform: jeepney
15:24 <alexghiti> bdmurray: ack
15:24 <waveform> bdmurray, ack
15:24 <bdmurray> ginggs: keyrings.alt
15:24 <ginggs> gpgme1.0 doesn't build for pythoon 3.9 and 3.10
15:25 <bdmurray> Is there a bug about that?
15:25 <ginggs> bdmurray: not yet, i'm still filing those
15:25 <bdmurray> dbungert: numpy then
15:25 <dbungert> bdmurray: ack for numpy instead of gpgme1.0
15:26 <bdmurray> xypron: open-iscsi
15:27 <bdmurray> juliank: parsedatetime
15:27 <bdmurray> slyon: pygments
15:28 <slyon> bdmurray: ack
15:28 <bdmurray> juliank: python-apt too
15:28 <bdmurray> sil2100: python-attrs
15:29 <juliank> all eatmydata ones just need retrying afaict, eatmydata 130 is in release pocket
15:29 <bdmurray> doko: python-crypto
15:29 <doko> ok
15:29 <schopin> python-crypto has just been removed from Debian, I think.
15:30 <schopin> https://tracker.debian.org/news/1243909/removed-261-131-from-unstable/
15:31 <bdmurray> ah, thanks for that
15:31 <sil2100> bdmurray: sure o/
15:34 <bdmurray> slyon: systemd
15:34 <slyon> ack
15:37 <bdmurray> Okay, I think that's good but based off some other discussion we are going to retry a bunch of the python3-defaults so if your assigned autopkgtest failure involves python3-defaults maybe wait until Monday to look at it
15:37 <bdmurray> #topic AOB
15:37 <bdmurray> Anything else?
15:37 <bdmurray> Next Thursday is a US holiday but I'm swapping it
15:40 <bdmurray> Okay, thanks everybody
15:40 <bdmurray> #endmeeting