14:29 <cpaelzer> #startmeeting Weekly Main Inclusion Requests status
14:29 <meetingology> Meeting started at 14:29:48 UTC.  The chair is cpaelzer.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
14:29 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
14:30 <cpaelzer> ping MIR Meeting slyon didrocks ddstreet jamespage sarnold
14:30 <sarnold> good morning
14:30 <cpaelzer> o/
14:30 <didrocks> hey
14:30 <cpaelzer> hiho
14:30 <slyon> o/
14:31 <cpaelzer> I'll start slowly to give ddstreet and jamespage a bit of time to join/realize-activity
14:31 <cpaelzer> #topic Review of previous action items
14:31 <cpaelzer> we have had two things going on
14:31 <cpaelzer> first the great "new members with fresh eyes" update to the wiki
14:31 <cpaelzer> as proposed here
14:32 <cpaelzer> #link https://github.com/slyon/ubuntu-mir/pull/1/files
14:32 <ubottu> Pull 1 in slyon/ubuntu-mir "2021-09-15 suggestions" [Open]
14:32 <cpaelzer> AFAICS we have resolved all open issues and I'd call to a vote or last objections before slyon then merges this into the wiki page
14:32 * cpaelzer +1 on the proposal
14:32 <slyon> Yes, I think I addressed all concerns
14:33 * slyon +0 (as I think I cannot vote on my own proposal)
14:33 <cpaelzer> fair
14:33 <sarnold> +1
14:33 * didrocks +1 as well
14:33 <sarnold> thanks slyon :)
14:33 <cpaelzer> awesome, that is everyone that is around atm
14:33 <cpaelzer> thanks
14:33 <cpaelzer> slyon: can you push it to the page after the meeting?
14:33 <slyon> will do!
14:34 <cpaelzer> thanks
14:34 <sarnold> and thanks again for using the githib diff interface, very handy :)
14:34 <slyon> :)
14:34 <cpaelzer> the seconds ongoing action are the proposed changes for rust, it seems we seem to generally agree and I'll after slyons update rebase and use the same technique to open it up to more people
14:35 <cpaelzer> thanks to everyone that ready/commented on the mail thread already!
14:35 <cpaelzer> that gets us to the more classic MIR Team agenda items
14:35 <cpaelzer> #topic current component mismatches
14:35 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg
14:35 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.svg
14:35 <ddstreet> o/
14:35 <ddstreet> sorry im late
14:35 <cpaelzer> I see usual false-positives and fence-agents, python-oslo* and pytohn-cheroot - all on security
14:35 <cpaelzer> hi ddstreet
14:35 <ddstreet> in other mtg as usual
14:36 <cpaelzer> anyone spotting anything else that is concerning in component mismatches?
14:36 <cpaelzer> sarnold: since time is closer and closer - any ETA on these reviews
14:36 <cpaelzer> sarnold: and anything we can help with to make it happen?
14:36 <sarnold> cpaelzer: I've started on fence-agents
14:37 <cpaelzer> *party*
14:37 <sarnold> cpaelzer: alas no, I interviewed a guy yesterday who said he likes to read source code :) but that won't help us this cycle..
14:37 <cpaelzer> ok let us believe in a better future
14:37 <cpaelzer> #topic New MIRs
14:37 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&assignee_option=none&field.assignee=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:37 <cpaelzer> one https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/egl-wayland/+bug/1935082
14:37 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1935082 in egl-wayland (Ubuntu) "[MIR] egl-wayland" [Undecided, Confirmed]
14:37 <cpaelzer> this isn't entirely new
14:38 <cpaelzer> it has all acks, but is the first case of our new "if you can't build/auto-test it you shall show that you test it otherwise"
14:38 <cpaelzer> so we wait on a proper answer to that
14:38 <cpaelzer> I tried to clarify on the bug what "I" woudl have expected
14:39 <cpaelzer> please have a look at the last few comments if anyone of you disagrees
14:39 <cpaelzer> since it is new to exercise these rules we might vary there
14:39 <cpaelzer> give me a +1 or a suggestion what you'd want different
14:39 <sarnold> I like your summary at the end
14:40 <cpaelzer> thanks sarnold
14:40 <sarnold> and I can appreciate the desire to have some flexibility for the first one, but .. "how do you test it?" isn't a super-complicated question
14:40 <slyon> I think it's pretty clear now that they need to provide some kind of test plan
14:40 <cpaelzer> and finally didrocks this is desktop'ish could you maybe help to sort that out as needed?
14:41 <didrocks> sure, I can drop a comment, not really working closely to the graphics team, but we’ll see. Otherwise, I like your summary too
14:41 <didrocks> (well, I will let Alberto answering first)
14:41 <cpaelzer> maybe leave the bug as-is but offer in the team that they can ping you or me if they are unsure
14:41 <cpaelzer> ok so far, going on with the agenda
14:41 <cpaelzer> #topic Incomplete bugs / questions
14:41 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:42 <cpaelzer> the recent two are fuse and rust
14:42 <cpaelzer> rust relates to the mail that is going around, no new news there
14:42 <cpaelzer> fuse3 was just some misunderstanding
14:42 <cpaelzer> the plan still is to get fuse3 and foundations is working on getting all the dependencies ready
14:42 <cpaelzer> everything else in there is rather old and not worth to mention
14:42 <cpaelzer> #topic Any other business?
14:43 <didrocks> nothing for me, I still need to go to libportal which I plan before next meeting
14:43 <cpaelzer> nothng from me
14:43 <cpaelzer> thanks for the FYI didrocks
14:43 <sarnold> nothing from me
14:43 <cpaelzer> ddstreet: to make sure we do not run away since you are double-booked - anything from you that needs to be adressed?
14:43 <slyon> nope
14:44 <ddstreet> nope nothing from me, thanks
14:44 <cpaelzer> great, then todays meeting is complete
14:44 <cpaelzer> thanks to all of you
14:44 <sarnold> thanks cpaelzer, all :)
14:44 <slyon> o/
14:44 <cpaelzer> #endmeeting