14:32 <cpaelzer> #startmeeting Weekly Main Inclusion Requests status
14:32 <meetingology> Meeting started at 14:32:05 UTC.  The chair is cpaelzer.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
14:32 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
14:32 <cpaelzer> hiho ddstreet didrocks sarnold_ jamespage and doko_
14:32 <cpaelzer> MIR meeting time
14:32 <ddstreet> o/
14:32 <cpaelzer> I need you for the first section as I was unavailable for two weeks
14:32 <cpaelzer> #topic Review of previous action items
14:32 <cpaelzer> was thre anything?
14:32 <cpaelzer> e^
14:32 <sarnold> we didn't have one last week
14:33 <didrocks> yeah, we had one 2 weeks ago
14:33 <didrocks> IIRC, the only thing that was left assigned while chairing was the adsys MIR
14:33 <didrocks> no movement yet, I hope doko is on it before FF :)
14:33 <didrocks> (as we will have the security review next)
14:33 <cpaelzer> +1 on that didrocks
14:33 <cpaelzer> I'll go on with the usual meeting agenda items then
14:34 <didrocks> yeah
14:34 <cpaelzer> if you think you need to escalate or re-assign adsys let us know please
14:34 <cpaelzer> #topic current component mismatches
14:34 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg
14:34 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.svg
14:34 <didrocks> sure (I’ll be away the next couple of weeks though)
14:34 <cpaelzer> ok
14:35 <didrocks> I can look promoting nvidia-*
14:35 <cpaelzer> thanks
14:35 <cpaelzer> it just is a new source version it seems
14:36 <cpaelzer> but it is funny as with that manny arrows it looks like the desktop seed REALLY wants it
14:36 <sarnold> hehe ;)
14:36 <didrocks> exactly :-)
14:36 <cpaelzer> let me ask my pacemaker/fence-agents in the background if that would be ready as well
14:36 <cpaelzer> the MIR is approved IIRC wew only wanted to make a split of binaries - but I didn't track if that is ready now
14:37 <didrocks> ack, if you need any promotion-button pushing monkey, do not hesitate to ping me
14:38 <cpaelzer> hehe
14:38 <cpaelzer> ok I restored my memory with the help of my teammate
14:38 <kanashiro> the fence-agents MIR was +1 by the MIR team already but we are waiting for the security team review
14:38 <cpaelzer> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fence-agents/+bug/1927004 is the new MIR bug
14:38 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1927004 in fence-agents (Ubuntu) "[MIR] fence-agents" [Undecided, New]
14:38 <cpaelzer> and it waits on security
14:38 <cpaelzer> thanks kanashiro !
14:39 <cpaelzer> the tool can only find one
14:39 <sarnold> any chance you've got a security mir monkey there? :)
14:39 <cpaelzer> maybe I should dup the old MIR to the new one?
14:39 <sarnold> worth a try
14:39 <didrocks> sarnold: crickets it seems :p
14:40 <cpaelzer> comment added and made a dup
14:40 <sarnold> didrocks: oh well, guess I'll have to get back in the monkeysuit
14:40 <cpaelzer> next week the coloring should be correct then
14:40 <cpaelzer> all others sound like known issues
14:40 <cpaelzer> #topic New MIRs
14:41 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&assignee_option=none&field.assignee=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:41 <sarnold> \o/
14:41 <didrocks> looks like a zen empty list :)
14:42 <cpaelzer> indeed
14:42 <cpaelzer> #topic Incomplete bugs / questions
14:42 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:43 <cpaelzer> have you talked last time about ledmon and egl-wayland updates ?
14:43 <cpaelzer> egl-wayland sesm to be fine between ddstreet and the reporter - no action needed there
14:43 <sarnold> I don't think so, no
14:44 <cpaelzer> ledmon seems like a discussion between HWE and foundations to decide if they want to really kick it off
14:44 <didrocks> I checked egl-wayland on the first meeting, indeed
14:44 <cpaelzer> also no action by us IHO
14:44 <cpaelzer> great - that leads us to
14:44 <cpaelzer> #topic Any other business?
14:44 <sarnold> I'm out for next week's meeting
14:44 <cpaelzer> thanks for letting us know sarnold
14:44 <didrocks> just restating I will be away for 2 weeks, if you need anything from desktop, just ping seb128
14:45 <cpaelzer> didrocks: you said you'll be out a while as well - next week already?
14:45 <cpaelzer> will do didrocks
14:45 <cpaelzer> I have one thing that I had in mind, I'd tried to come up with smart solution for the false-positives in the component mismatches
14:45 <sarnold> oh nice
14:45 <cpaelzer> but I failed by not being smart enough or actually by bein afraid once I realized I'd need to completely re-architect the core algorithm of germinate
14:46 <sarnold> oh no
14:46 <cpaelzer> what came to my mind now was maybe a more stupid but simple approach would be better
14:46 <cpaelzer> that could be just keeping a list of "known cases" that are filtered out at some point
14:46 * didrocks smells a blacklist :(
14:46 <cpaelzer> bad name :-)
14:46 <cpaelzer> but yeah that was my thought
14:46 <didrocks> sure, let’s have it more marketingnish :)
14:46 <cpaelzer> is that idea upsetting everyone so much to stay away from it?
14:47 <cpaelzer> or does it sound like a pragmatic approach to you
14:47 <didrocks> I don’t think we have any other good proposal anyway
14:47 <cpaelzer> indeed
14:47 <didrocks> and we can’t scale it at some point
14:47 <sarnold> no, I think even running results through grep -v would save us time in the future, so long as there's a note on the output about what exactly it's filtering out
14:47 <didrocks> so… Let’s be pragmatic
14:47 <sarnold> (and also, which script to edit to add to the list)
14:47 <didrocks> I +1 anyway and better than the status-quo
14:47 <cpaelzer> ok, seems I'm not upsetting everyone with the thought then
14:48 <cpaelzer> that is it from me for this week then
14:48 <cpaelzer> anything else?
14:48 <sarnold> nothing from me
14:48 <didrocks> nothing either
14:48 <cpaelzer> ok closing out then, I assume ddstreet is busy in his other meeting
14:49 <cpaelzer> bye
14:49 <cpaelzer> #endmeeting