15:00 <bdmurray> #startmeeting Weekly Ubuntu Foundations team
15:00 <meetingology> Meeting started at 15:00:58 UTC.  The chair is bdmurray.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
15:01 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
15:01 <bdmurray> #topic Lightning Round
15:01 <bdmurray> echo $(shuf -e vorlon bdmurray doko sil2100 mwhudson juliank waveform slyon jawn-smith dbungert xypron ginggs schopin)
15:01 <bdmurray> xypron bdmurray vorlon waveform slyon ginggs dbungert sil2100 jawn-smith schopin juliank mwhudson doko
15:01 <xypron> #1938438 sbsigntool does not build on riscv64
15:01 <xypron> #1938324 gnu-efi does not support RISC-V
15:01 <xypron> build in gnu-efi in ppa
15:01 <xypron> #1937868 linux-riscv: booting the kernel via the EFI stub with large initrd fails
15:02 <xypron> Building a ppa for OpenJDK with RISC-V JIT compiler
15:02 <xypron> I am currently trying to build all tools needed for U-Boot Shim GRUB boot via UEFI on RISC-V
15:02 <xypron> eom
15:02 <bdmurray> modified the daisy code to no longer accept core files from arches we don't retrace
15:02 <bdmurray> submitted RT regarding cleaning up the weird cores that got added to swift
15:03 <bdmurray> modified daisy code to stop accepting groovy crashes
15:03 <bdmurray> fixed a Traceback with retracers when writing to cassandra a SAS w/ unicode
15:03 <bdmurray> submitted RT to add my self to prod-cnf-extractor group on wendigo
15:03 <bdmurray> uploaded an SRU of ubuntu-release-upgrader fixing LP: #1936698
15:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1936698 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu Hirsute) "check-new-release-gtk crashed with ValueError in require_version(): Namespace Gtk is already loaded with version 4.0" [High, Fix Committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1936698
15:03 <bdmurray> built a new Ubuntu Core image for Intel IoT project
15:03 <bdmurray> updated meta-release files for Groovy EoL and Libera.Chat
15:03 <bdmurray> reported and uploaded an impish fix for LP: #1937852
15:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1937852 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu Focal) "Release Annoucements refer to Freenode" [Medium, Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1937852
15:03 <bdmurray> Groovy EoL work
15:03 <bdmurray> updated hirsute upgrade information re Apple hardware
15:03 <bdmurray> ✔ done
15:04 <bdmurray> waveform:
15:04 <waveform> * Worked on wifi failure on first boot of focal .3 daily images on pi3 under arm64 (missing wpa-supplicant process; possible race)
15:04 <waveform> * Sponsored u-boot focal SRU for opensbi risc-v fixes (LP: #1936370, LP: #1937277)
15:04 <waveform> * Tested pi's camera module under updated userland build for impish (armhf only)
15:04 <waveform> * Investigated (briefly) reprotest failure of rtimulib in debian (sense hat dep)
15:04 <waveform> * Worked on ubuntu-release-upgrader quirk for migration from u-boot (not using pibootctl itself anymore, but will grab minimal code necessary from it)
15:04 <waveform> * Interview
15:04 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1936370 in u-boot (Ubuntu Focal) "u-boot-sifive does not upgrade u-boot on disk" [Critical, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1936370
15:04 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1937277 in opensbi (Ubuntu) "[SRU] OpenSBI 0.9 backport to Focal" [Undecided, In Progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1937277
15:04 <waveform> * Documentation workshop
15:04 <waveform> (done)
15:04 <slyon> - Interviews & Take-home tests
15:04 <slyon> - some proposed-migration
15:04 <slyon> - Discussion with Networking PM
15:04 <slyon> - filed LP: #1938404 about wlroots vs phoc transition
15:04 <slyon> - Investigating LP: #1895192, though I root-caused it
15:04 <slyon> + figured out how to setup/install an s390x LPAR, can reproduce the issue
15:04 <slyon> + but it turned out I didn't find the root cause :(
15:04 <slyon> + prepared an MP for curtin, which turned out to not fix the problem..
15:04 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1938404 in wlroots (Ubuntu) "Phoc is not (yet) compatible with wlroots >= 0.13" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1938404
15:04 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1895192 in Ubuntu on IBM z Systems "Optimistic approach of using zkey for encrypted installations on s390x not working" [High, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1895192
15:04 <slyon> === Netplan ===
15:04 <slyon> - Reviewed & merged schopin's Gateway consolidation PR#216
15:04 <slyon> - Reviewed & merged CLI fix from community member PR#221
15:04 <slyon> (done)
15:04 <ginggs> * sponsored opensbi/0.9-2~ubuntu0.20.04.1 SRU
15:04 <ginggs> * sponsored opencryptoki/3.16.0+dfsg-0ubuntu1
15:04 <ginggs> * merged mdadm/4.2~rc1-1ubuntu1
15:04 <ginggs> * sponsored valgrind/1:3.17.0-0ubuntu2
15:04 <ginggs> * currently looking again at tasksel merge
15:04 <ginggs> or rather, how to avoid a tasksel merge and get oem-config-debconf out of main instead
15:04 <ginggs> (done)
15:04 <dbungert> * evdi vs glibc - trivial retest on s390x passed
15:05 <dbungert> * subiquity - work on /reboot API and testing strategies for asyncio code
15:05 <dbungert> * +1
15:05 <dbungert> * breezy - per LP: #1932313, there is a bad commit present in python3.9.6.
15:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1932313 in breezy (Ubuntu) "Breezy 3.2.0+bzr7543-1 FTBFS" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1932313
15:05 <dbungert> Pass in debian is on python 3.9.2.  Extracted test case from mailing list
15:05 <dbungert> but mailing list case is slightly different and reproduces different
15:05 <dbungert> problems.  Python upstream dev branch still has issue.  Going back to old
15:05 <dbungert> python exposes further build problems.
15:05 <dbungert> * delve - trace arm64 build failure to feature introduced this version and
15:05 <dbungert> possible kernel version behavior.  Continuing testing to verify my claim
15:05 <dbungert> that this is kernel related.
15:05 <dbungert> (done)
15:05 <sil2100> * Friday: hardware failure, most of the day spent recovering and reinstalling
15:05 <sil2100> * SRU reviews and releases
15:05 <sil2100> * 20.04.3:
15:05 <sil2100> - Weekly meeting, status update
15:05 <sil2100> - Chasing down some required changes, preparations begin
15:05 <sil2100> * Worked on a better way of performing retries for ESM britney
15:05 <sil2100> * Investigated report of ESM britney not being accessible - false alarm
15:05 <sil2100> * Started rebase of the private-tests ADT infra branch, cleanup
15:05 <sil2100> * cdimage simplestreams:
15:05 <sil2100> - Discussed stream signing with the CPC team
15:05 <sil2100> - Tweaks to the specification per recent discoveries
15:05 <sil2100> - Coded a bit
15:05 <sil2100> * Ubuntu Core sync
15:05 <sil2100> * A lot of manual work to get the UC22 builds working - not there yet
15:05 <sil2100> - Prepared the snap-core22 project, set up the mirrored git branch
15:05 <sil2100> - Prepared initial UC22 pi gadgets, requested the 22/ track
15:06 <sil2100> - Filled various LP tickets to unblock changes to both the pi 22 and core22 snaps
15:06 <sil2100> * Help in investigating live-build weirdness for William
15:06 <sil2100> - Same old mount --bind issue with /dev, pushed the fix out to impish and backported to focal
15:06 <sil2100> * ubuntu-image:
15:06 <sil2100> - Reviewed ubuntu-image Go rewrite state machine PR from William
15:06 <sil2100> - Discussed way forward re: ubuntu-image
15:06 <sil2100> - Started reviewing the initial states PR
15:06 <sil2100> * Reviewed and deployed debian-cd and ubuntu-cdimage changes for Michael
15:06 <sil2100> * Reviewed some livecd-rootfs changes for support of the iotg platforms for Brian
15:06 <bdmurray> sil2100: backported to focal already?
15:06 <sil2100> * Poked around about groovy EOL
15:06 <sil2100> * Helped reverting a broken ubuntu-advantage-tools from -updates to -proposed
15:06 <sil2100> (done)
15:07 <jawn-smith> * SRU verification for u-boot:
15:07 <jawn-smith> * LP: #1923162
15:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1923162 in u-boot (Ubuntu Hirsute) "riscv64 images fail to boot in qemu" [Critical, Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1923162
15:07 <jawn-smith> * LP: #1924761
15:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1924761 in u-boot (Ubuntu Focal) "unleashed fails to boot of sd-card with u-boot-sifive from hirsute" [Undecided, Fix Released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1924761
15:07 <jawn-smith> * LP: #1934791
15:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1934791 in u-boot (Ubuntu Focal) "SRU u-boot to focal to enable HiFive Unmatched booting" [Undecided, Fix Released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1934791
15:07 <jawn-smith> * Investigating debsig-verify regression in release
15:07 <jawn-smith> * Thanks bdmurray for hinting this one to unblock glibc
15:07 <jawn-smith> * Re-write ubuntu-image in go:
15:07 <jawn-smith> * New state machine design PR merged
15:07 <jawn-smith> * New PR opened for image preparation states
15:07 <jawn-smith> * Also have load_gadget_yaml state implemented but not included in PR yet
15:07 <jawn-smith> * Have rootfs population states partially implemented, needs more work and test cases
15:07 <jawn-smith> * Thanks sil2100 for fixing livecd-rootfs to enable github-action to work
15:07 <jawn-smith> [done]
15:07 <schopin> * netplan: Finished the gateway consolidation work (PR#126)
15:07 <schopin> * openssl:
15:07 <schopin> + s390x EVP bugfixes uploaded (thank you Gunnar), waiting on SRUs (LP #1931994)
15:07 <schopin> + openssl3: preparing a mass-upload of the build-rdeps to the PPA
15:07 <schopin> * valgrind: backported a patchset implementing s390x z15 instruction set support,
15:07 <schopin> thank you ginggs (LP #1853271)
15:07 <schopin> * opencryptoki:
15:07 <schopin> + started work on backporting invalid key checking patch for SRUs (LP #1928780)
15:07 <schopin> -> waiting on repro case from patch authors
15:07 <schopin> + packaged new version for Impish, uploaded by ginggs (LP #1928767)
15:07 <schopin> * mosquitto: patched the unit test suite to be endianness-agnostic, yet to be upstreamed.
15:07 <schopin> (done)
15:08 <juliank> * continued verification of shim SRUs
15:08 <juliank> * sponsored fwupd/focal another time; more fwupd-signed fixing
15:08 <juliank> * minor shim review and pull request triaging
15:08 <juliank> * released apt 2.3.7:
15:08 <juliank> - exponential backoff for retries
15:08 <juliank> - bug fixes
15:08 <juliank> (done)
15:08 <bdmurray> doko:
15:09 <doko> - day off
15:09 <doko> - GCC 11.2 release, currently looking at ftbfs on amd64
15:09 <doko> - OpenJDK security updates
15:09 <doko> - interview
15:09 <doko> (done)
15:09 <bdmurray> any questions on status?
15:10 <bdmurray> #topic Release Incoming Bugs
15:10 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-ii-incoming-bug-tasks.html
15:10 <bdmurray> bug 1936710
15:10 <ubottu> Bug 1936710 in glibc (Ubuntu) "malloc() unaligned tcache chunk detected" [High, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1936710
15:11 <bdmurray> doko that's something we should fix I guess?
15:12 <bdmurray> let's go ahead and card that
15:12 <mclemenceau_> ok will do
15:13 <bdmurray> bug 1937115
15:13 <ubottu> Bug 1937115 in cd-boot-images-amd64 (Ubuntu) "Unable to boot/install Impish daily in UEFI boot mode" [Undecided, Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1937115
15:13 <doko> bdmurray, right, but I've only seen that on real hardware. didn't had the time to follow-up
15:15 <bdmurray> juliank: it looks like you have a work around for this in shim now. Are we still missing information?
15:15 <juliank> yes
15:15 <juliank> like we want a proper fix too
15:16 <mclemenceau_> sounds like we should probably card that one
15:16 <bdmurray> but people can't get debugging info until they have a new shim?
15:16 <juliank> no, people can get efibootmgr -v output and stuff
15:17 <juliank> I need to see the bytes that get passed to shim, I'm not entirely sure, but think this should work
15:17 <bdmurray> Could you clarify that in the bug report?
15:17 <bdmurray> mclemenceau_: yes, let's card this
15:17 <mclemenceau_> done
15:17 <sil2100> It's also something we'd need to address for .3, possibly
15:17 <bdmurray> #link https://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-hh-incoming-bug-tasks.html
15:18 <slyon> empty
15:18 <bdmurray> sil2100: ah, good point
15:18 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-ff-incoming-bug-tasks.html
15:18 <bdmurray> so the shim one should queue jump to selected for development
15:18 <bdmurray> bug 1936871
15:18 <ubottu> Bug 1936871 in squashfs-tools (Ubuntu) "review-tools unsquashfs test fails on focal for a snap built on xenial" [Critical, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1936871
15:19 <sil2100> I just checked and I don't see the two test machines as certified, but still
15:19 <sil2100> I wouldn't want us to introduce boot regressions for any machines if possible
15:21 <bdmurray> It looks like there is a workaround for bug 1936871 but we should still sort it out. So let's card it and somebody check with Daniel re whether they have a workaround or not so we can prioritze it appropriately.
15:21 <ubottu> Bug 1936871 in squashfs-tools (Ubuntu) "review-tools unsquashfs test fails on focal for a snap built on xenial" [Critical, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1936871
15:21 <sil2100> +1
15:21 <bdmurray> bug 1937303
15:21 <ubottu> Bug 1937303 in update-manager (Ubuntu) "ubuntu-support-status does mark FIPS packages as unsupported on 18.04" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1937303
15:25 <bdmurray> let's card this and I'll think about
15:26 <bdmurray> the same with bug 1938043
15:26 <ubottu> Bug 1938043 in update-manager (Ubuntu) "ubuntu-security-status" [Undecided, New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1938043
15:26 <bdmurray> #topic Team proposed-migration report
15:26 <bdmurray> #link http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_excuses_by_team.html#foundations-bugs
15:27 <doko> the glibc triggered ones should be retries, doing now
15:27 <bdmurray> thanks!
15:27 <doko> remaining: the ones triggered by curl
15:27 <bdmurray> then there is systemd
15:27 <slyon> systemd one should also be an retry. Triggered
15:27 <doko> and livecd-rootfs
15:28 <bdmurray> well livecd-rootfs is sil2100
15:29 <sil2100> Looking o/
15:29 <bdmurray> doko: so we need to hand out the curl ones?
15:29 <doko> yes
15:29 <bdmurray> ack
15:30 <jawn-smith> I can take one
15:30 <bdmurray> cluster-glue - slyon
15:30 <bdmurray> cwltool for jawn-smith
15:30 <slyon> ack
15:30 <bdmurray> lua-http waveform
15:30 <waveform> ack
15:30 <ginggs> mailman3 should be a retry, triggered
15:31 <bdmurray> rspamd me
15:31 <bdmurray> that covers that then
15:31 <bdmurray> #topic AOB
15:32 <jawn-smith> may be working from Philly next week - TBD
15:33 <bdmurray> #endmeeting