14:31 <cpaelzer> #startmeeting Weekly Main Inclusion Requests status
14:31 <meetingology> Meeting started at 14:31:28 UTC.  The chair is cpaelzer.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
14:31 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
14:31 <cpaelzer> #topic Review of previous action items
14:31 <cpaelzer> none other than our usual duty for assigned bugs
14:31 <cpaelzer> #topic current component mismatches
14:31 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg
14:31 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.svg
14:32 <cpaelzer> cherryp3 mentioned last week and worked on by jamespage
14:32 <cpaelzer> backkpc is the weekly joke between me and sarnold
14:32 <cpaelzer> pacemake->fence also is in the works
14:32 <sarnold> I don't remember the logcheck -> esmtp one..
14:32 <cpaelzer> this was one of the false positives
14:32 <sarnold> is that lossy memory at work?
14:32 <cpaelzer> I debugged this and it comes down to a packge with alternative dependencies like A|B|C
14:33 <sarnold> "good", that old familiar tune..
14:33 <cpaelzer> but the coding change for germinate and such was non-trivial so we decided to don't mind about it until we have the luxury of time available
14:33 <cpaelzer> prips is new
14:33 <cpaelzer> but it is somewhat odd as I think we had a MIR
14:33 <cpaelzer> maybe it is not perfectly tagged
14:33 <cpaelzer> let me check
14:34 <sarnold> I thought so too...
14:34 <sarnold> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/prips/+bug/1930207
14:34 <cpaelzer> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/prips/+bug/1930207
14:34 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1930207 in prips (Ubuntu Hirsute) "[MIR] prips package" [Undecided, Fix Committed]
14:34 <cpaelzer> it has lost (or never had) the right subscription to show up here
14:35 <cpaelzer> I fixed the bug
14:35 <cpaelzer> this needs an archive admin to have a look now
14:36 <cpaelzer> ok, that was useful
14:36 <cpaelzer> I don't see any other surprises in the mismatches
14:36 <sarnold> heh yeah :)
14:36 <cpaelzer> going on ...
14:36 <cpaelzer> #topic New MIRs
14:36 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&assignee_option=none&field.assignee=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:36 <cpaelzer> Still on doko to resolve (as last week)
14:37 <cpaelzer> mclemenceau: ^^ if this is a problem to take some time you might want to assign someone else?
14:37 <cpaelzer> I think that hint will make sure someone has a look so that we don't have to mention it every week
14:39 <cpaelzer> I'm re-reading the case to ensure I'm not mixing memories of a different case with this ...
14:40 <cpaelzer> no that is the case
14:40 <cpaelzer> flashrom MIR ack in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libftdi1/+bug/1912371/comments/6
14:40 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1912371 in libftdi1 (Ubuntu) "[MIR] flashrom + libftdi" [Undecided, New]
14:40 <cpaelzer> flashrom security ack in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libftdi1/+bug/1912371/comments/16
14:41 <cpaelzer> libftdi security ack in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libftdi1/+bug/1912371/comments/17
14:41 <cpaelzer> the oddity was https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libftdi1/+bug/1912371/comments/8 that seemed like a self-ack followed by the update of doko
14:41 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1912371 in libftdi1 (Ubuntu) "[MIR] flashrom + libftdi" [Undecided, New]
14:42 <cpaelzer> mclemenceau: the mission is - was this an ack by Doko - then this can be promoted
14:42 <cpaelzer> mclemenceau: if not then whatever is left needs to be sorted out
14:42 <cpaelzer> ok enough of that one ...
14:42 <cpaelzer> #topic Incomplete bugs / questions
14:42 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:43 <cpaelzer> The onle new update here is https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/golang-github-kardianos-osext/+bug/1894731
14:43 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1894731 in golang-google-protobuf (Ubuntu) "[MIR] golang-*, Go build dependencies of google-guest-agent" [Undecided, Incomplete]
14:43 <cpaelzer> that again is for mclemenceau to think about rbalint replacement as he was unassigned
14:43 <cpaelzer> it is all won't fix and incomplete and can stay that way
14:43 <cpaelzer> but obviously if this shall be restarted someone else needs to do it
14:44 <cpaelzer> #topic Any other business?
14:44 <mclemenceau> cpaelzer: ack. in a meeting atm but I'll look into this right after
14:44 <cpaelzer> I still feel security reviews are slow, is there anything we an do to help you sarnold?
14:45 <sarnold> argh, sorry, I hadn't realized I was stuck in scrollback..
14:45 <cpaelzer> hehe, if that is the solution for faster reviews that is easy :-)
14:46 <sarnold> cpaelzer: unfortunately I don't see any easy wins for addressing the speed of security team reviews; shaun is well aware of the impending backlog of doom; the others who were most interested in doing MIRs outside of their 'usual' roles have found greener pastures
14:47 <cpaelzer> I mean as example https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libsdl2/+bug/1256185 is from 2013 and even without being unfair the time since the last re-open until now is almost a year by now
14:47 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1256185 in libsdl2 (Ubuntu) "[MIR] libsdl2" [Undecided, New]
14:47 <sarnold> cpaelzer: we've got a new starter yesterday :D and extended offers to others recently, so I'd say in a year or two we might be in a good place..
14:47 <cpaelzer> ok, thanks for sharing tih sarnold - so there is long time hope
14:47 <cpaelzer> and all we can do is short-term sympathy
14:47 <sarnold> I certainly hope so
14:47 <cpaelzer> ok thne
14:48 <cpaelzer> anything else for this section ?
14:48 <sarnold> nothing from me
14:48 <cpaelzer> ddstreet: ?
14:48 <ddstreet> nothing from me?
14:49 <ddstreet> sorry, i have mtg overlap with this
14:50 <sarnold> oh man... if we scheduled *all* our meetings at once, we could leave all the other hours free...
14:51 <sarnold> (once, when on two calls at once, I might have asked one of them to speak in pt_BR when they were fine without my input.. :)
14:52 <cpaelzer> hehe
14:53 <cpaelzer> I guess that is it then
14:53 <cpaelzer> thank you and see you next week
14:53 <cpaelzer> #endmeeting