15:01 <bdmurray> #startmeeting Weekly Ubuntu Foundations team
15:01 <meetingology> Meeting started at 15:01:11 UTC.  The chair is bdmurray.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
15:01 <sil2100> People are usually waving as a sign of 'hello, I'm here' ;)
15:01 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
15:01 <bdmurray> #topic Lightning Round
15:01 <bdmurray> echo $(shuf -e vorlon bdmurray doko sil2100 rbalint mwhudson juliank waveform slyon jawnsmith dbungert)
15:01 <bdmurray> jawnsmith dbungert slyon juliank mwhudson waveform bdmurray doko vorlon rbalint sil2100
15:02 <bdmurray> jawnsmith is out but he sent in his status
15:02 <waveform> * Short week due to vacation \o/
15:02 <waveform> * Re-write ubuntu-image in go
15:02 <waveform> * Decided to pivot away from cobra and use go-flags instead due to
15:02 <waveform> formatting issues with cobra.
15:02 <waveform> * Blog post created for how to set up Ubuntu on the Hifive Unmatched with
15:02 <waveform> plenty of bells and whistles
15:02 <waveform> *
15:02 <waveform> https://blogjawn.stufftoread.com/install-ubuntu-on-hifive-unmatched.html
15:02 <waveform> * Merge party!
15:02 <waveform> * LP: #1928966 merge procps from Debian
15:02 <waveform> * Also fixed LP: #1903351 while I was making an upload
15:02 <waveform> * LP: #1929110 merge sudo from Debian
15:02 <waveform> * LP: #1929229 merge gnutls from Debian
15:02 <waveform> (for jawnsmith)
15:02 <waveform> (done)
15:02 <dbungert> * LP: #1928815 - altered patch to add libera
15:02 <dbungert> * MoM: ifenslave - smoketest of examples failed.  Next step is to triage
15:03 <dbungert> history and see if the example ever worked, and use that to inform on if
15:03 <dbungert> there was a regression somewhere or if the example should just be fixed.
15:03 <dbungert> * Subiquity / Ubuntu Desktop Installer - u-d-i client is non-root, so
15:03 <dbungert> alter the unix socket to allow that.  Review another related change
15:03 <dbungert> around socket location (thanks Marcus).
15:03 <dbungert> * Subiquity Set Timezone - refactor is done, working on multiprocessing
15:03 <dbungert> issues around different modules asking for geoip data - a lock helped.
15:03 <dbungert> Existing code was double-asking anyhow.  API document written and under
15:03 <dbungert> review.  Also some unrelated makefile cleanup.
15:03 <dbungert> (done)
15:03 <slyon> - Short week (Mon off)
15:03 <slyon> - Switching to Libera (Matrix bridge still missing)
15:03 <slyon> - Interviews & Take-home tests
15:03 <slyon> - Finalized NetworkManager snap on UC20, MP#400398
15:03 <slyon> * Small fixes in followup MP#403276 (merged)
15:03 <slyon> * Fixing flaky Jenkins CI
15:03 <slyon> * Finally merged and hit 20/beta channel (revision 666) \o/
15:03 <slyon> === Netplan ===
15:03 <slyon> - Merged activation-mode PR#171
15:03 <slyon> - Finalized YAML generator PR#211, pending review
15:03 <slyon> - Started working on NM keyfile parser, PR#212
15:03 <slyon> (done)
15:03 <juliank> Investigating grub on arm64 :/
15:03 <juliank> (done)
15:04 <bdmurray> waveform:
15:04 <waveform> * Merge for nfs-utils (LP: #1929406)
15:04 <waveform> * Working on gpio-zero & colorzero packaging for upstream
15:04 <waveform> * Attempting to (reliably) replicate a USB hub issue on pi under hirsute (managed once, but not subsequently so far)
15:04 <waveform> * Pi meetings
15:04 <waveform> * Little else because home-schooling (ARGH!)
15:04 <waveform> (done)
15:04 <bdmurray> investigation into / fixing of LP: #1927994
15:04 <bdmurray> merged needrestart with debian
15:04 <bdmurray> merged an autopkgtest-package-configs MP from ginggs
15:04 <bdmurray> sru-verified LP: #1906877 for Focal
15:04 <bdmurray> uploaded a fix for LP: #1925529 for impish
15:04 <bdmurray> reported, wrote a quirk for LP: #1929449
15:04 <bdmurray> SRU verification of LP: #1928392, LP: #1898026
15:04 <bdmurray> modified ubuntu-release-upgrader autopkgtest since precise was removed
15:04 <bdmurray> short week as I was out one day
15:05 <bdmurray> ✔ done
15:05 <bdmurray> doko:
15:06 <doko> - bank holiday on Monday
15:06 <doko> - +1 maintenance this week. Seeing that a whole week doesn't work very well for me
15:06 <doko> - e2fsprogs alignment fix for armhf
15:06 <doko> - openjdk updates
15:06 <doko> - gcc-snapshot build
15:06 <doko> (done)
15:06 <bdmurray> rbalint:
15:06 <rbalint> (very short week due to public holiday and vacation days)
15:06 <rbalint> * migrated to libera.chat
15:06 <rbalint> * sponsored procps merge
15:06 <rbalint> * partner work
15:06 <rbalint> * meetings
15:06 <rbalint> (done)
15:07 <bdmurray> sil2100:
15:07 <sil2100> - SRU reviews and releases
15:07 <sil2100> - Working on the ubuntu-image Go rewrite specification
15:07 <sil2100> - Reviewed William's initial skeleton project PR for go ubuntu-image
15:07 <sil2100> - netplan:
15:07 <sil2100> * Refreshed and reformatted spec for activation-mode
15:07 <sil2100> * Checked Dan's systemd SRU reviews, got info that the SRUs will be prepared soon!
15:07 <sil2100> * Refreshes the activation-mode PR and Lukas merged it to trunk o/
15:07 <sil2100> - ubuntu-core:
15:07 <sil2100> * Created script that's running periodically, informing me and Brian whenever a foundations snap is stuck in a channel
15:07 <sil2100> * Modified the script to nag continously - every Monday.
15:07 <sil2100> * Refreshed the documentation, added info about our automation
15:07 <sil2100> * Had a knowledge-sharing session with Brian about core stuff
15:07 <sil2100> * Checked which gadget and kernel branches have been used for official UC18 images
15:07 <sil2100> * DTB discussion related to the above ^
15:07 <sil2100> - Checked on the ledmon MIR, still no definite decision how to proceed
15:07 <sil2100> - Helping out with kernel signing since Andy is on PTO (lots of guess-work here!)
15:07 <sil2100> - Sent out e-mail about very-early .3 touch base, still waiting for teams to circle back
15:07 <sil2100> - Helping out with NEW handling (+ SRUs) for limerick
15:07 <sil2100> - Migrating to libre.chat
15:07 <sil2100> - Addressing some concerns raised by Iain in the ESM branches
15:08 <sil2100> - Sponsored merge for Dave
15:08 <sil2100> - Take home test grading
15:08 <sil2100> (done)
15:08 <bdmurray> Are there any questions on status?
15:09 <bdmurray> Okay, moving on then.
15:09 <bdmurray> #topic Release Incoming Bugs
15:10 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-ii-incoming-bug-tasks.html
15:10 <bdmurray> bug 1922342
15:10 <bdmurray> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/casper/+bug/1922342
15:11 <bdmurray> so many comments
15:12 <bdmurray> Wasn't mwhudson talking about this once?
15:13 <bdmurray> Well there are a couple of duplicates and a few people affected. This seems like something worth digging into.
15:13 <bdmurray> Agreed?
15:14 <dbungert> makes sense
15:14 <mclemenceau> let's card it for investigation
15:15 <mclemenceau> Ok?
15:15 <sil2100> +1
15:15 <bdmurray> sounds good, thanks
15:15 <bdmurray> bug 1928860 I think we should not devote resources to
15:16 <bdmurray> so I'll tag that notfixing
15:16 <bdmurray> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1928860
15:16 <bdmurray> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-notifier/+bug/1927994
15:17 <rbalint> i'd rather fix the entropy bug
15:17 <bdmurray> I looked into this and backend_helper.py is only called from the tray applet so update-manger should be installed in that case
15:18 <bdmurray> but its still silly not check and see if the executable is available at least
15:18 <bdmurray> but again we shouldn't devote team time to it
15:19 <bdmurray> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub-gfxpayload-lists/+bug/1929059
15:21 <bdmurray> juliank: Do you have an opinion on that bug?
15:21 <juliank> ugh, x_nox everywhere
15:22 <juliank> I think we should do something to get rid of the message, but I don't think we need to do anything on UEFI
15:22 <juliank> on UEFI, it loads in EFI fb?
15:25 <bdmurray> okay, let's go ahead and card that
15:26 <bdmurray> but the scope of that card might change
15:27 <bdmurray> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tasksel/+bug/1929807
15:27 <bdmurray> and let's card that too
15:28 <bdmurray> rls-hh-incoming is empty
15:28 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-ff-incoming-bug-tasks.html
15:28 <bdmurray> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1929292
15:29 <bdmurray> This should be confirmed so I'll test it today
15:32 <bdmurray> #topic Team proposed-migration report
15:33 <bdmurray> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_excuses_by_team.html#foundations-bugs
15:33 <bdmurray> pillow ... did somebody take this last week?
15:34 <bdmurray> Nope
15:34 <bdmurray> Could somebody have a look at pillow?
15:34 <doko> I think mdeslaur wanted to take a look
15:35 <bdmurray> Okay
15:35 <bdmurray> I guess we can give him a week.
15:35 <mdeslaur> oh, I missed that one, I'll take a look
15:36 <bdmurray> I'm gonna look at u-r-u and update-manager
15:36 <bdmurray> #topic AOB
15:36 <bdmurray> Monday is a US holiday
15:36 <slyon> I am off next week (Wed-Fri)
15:36 <bdmurray> so team North America will be out
15:37 <mclemenceau> yep
15:37 <doko> hmm, can we go on a little bit with update_excuses?
15:37 <sil2100> I'm off most of next week too
15:37 <bdmurray> doko: is there something specific?
15:38 <rbalint> i'll be out tomorrow
15:38 <doko> lvm2?
15:38 <doko> libidn2
15:39 <doko> I'll look at python3.9
15:39 <doko> sqlite3?
15:39 <doko> ubuntu-release-upgrader?
15:39 <bdmurray> I'm takin u-r-u
15:39 <doko> update-manager?
15:39 <bdmurray> and that
15:39 <doko> the others are still waiting on builds
15:40 <bdmurray> lvm2 - dbungert does that work for you?
15:40 <dbungert> bdmurray: will do
15:40 <bdmurray> libidn2 - sil2100?
15:41 <doko> it's a riscv64 ftbfs
15:41 <bdmurray> sqlite3 - waveform?
15:41 <sil2100> Ok!
15:41 <waveform> bdmurray, ack
15:41 <doko> thanks!
15:41 <bdmurray> alright great
15:41 <bdmurray> thanks everybody!
15:41 <dbungert> o/
15:41 <bdmurray> #endmeeting