14:32 <cpaelzer> #startmeeting Weekly Main Inclusion Requests status
14:32 <meetingology> Meeting started at 14:32:29 UTC.  The chair is cpaelzer.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
14:32 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
14:32 <cpaelzer> Hi, we have no actions of last week - so we skip that section
14:33 <cpaelzer> but with Impish opening there are other things to do
14:33 <cpaelzer> #topic current component mismatches
14:33 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg
14:33 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.svg
14:34 <cpaelzer> Not much new things, but ibus-libpinyin -> opencc -> marisa
14:34 <cpaelzer> opencc is demoted as of today but has an old approved MIR in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/opencc/+bug/611210
14:34 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 611210 in opencc (Ubuntu) "[MIR] opencc" [Undecided,Fix released]
14:34 <cpaelzer> Marisa is here https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/marisa/+bug/1914808
14:34 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1914808 in marisa (Ubuntu) "[MIR] marisa" [Undecided,In progress]
14:35 <cpaelzer> I haven't checked in detail - but from a quick look that seems to be promotable
14:35 <sarnold> good morning
14:35 <didrocks> you did a first pass, correct?
14:35 <cpaelzer> one of the AAs here able to later have a detailed look and if indeed ok promote it?
14:35 <didrocks> hey sarnold
14:35 <cpaelzer> hi sarnold
14:35 <didrocks> yeah, will do
14:36 <cpaelzer> Other than that component mismatches only reminds us that backuppc dependencies wait for seucrity review
14:36 <cpaelzer> we have postponed this to impish to free up some pressure on security, but now I'm fully back to say "we need this" ;-)
14:36 <cpaelzer> sarnold: ^^ FYI
14:36 <sarnold> ack :)
14:36 <cpaelzer> and we have new MIRs again with the cycle starting
14:36 <cpaelzer> #topic New MIRs
14:37 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=NEW&assignee_option=none&field.assignee=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:37 <cpaelzer> There are two from the server team of which one I'd want anyone not being  me to review
14:37 <cpaelzer> let us get started
14:37 <cpaelzer> #1 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/telegraf/+bug/1926321
14:37 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1926321 in telegraf (Ubuntu) "[MIR] telegraf" [Undecided,New]
14:38 <cpaelzer> It is another case of the "vendored go because nothing else would work reasonably well"
14:38 <cpaelzer> we had a few of those already and I guess it will eventually be approved under the same banner
14:38 <cpaelzer> but to avoid the feeling of self-approving I'd want someone else to review this
14:38 <cpaelzer> anyone up to that?
14:38 <didrocks> I can have a look at that one
14:38 <didrocks> but warning, yeah, the vendoring won’t shock me for sure :)
14:38 <cpaelzer> Thank
14:38 <cpaelzer> you
14:39 <cpaelzer> in return I'd voluteer to take https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libmanette/+bug/1918446 which is a desktopish thing
14:39 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1918446 in libmanette (Ubuntu) "[MIR] libmanette" [Undecided,New]
14:39 <didrocks> thanks! In case you need anything, I know upstream quite well
14:39 <cpaelzer> awesome
14:39 <cpaelzer> and finally there is https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fence-agents/+bug/1927004
14:39 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1927004 in fence-agents (Ubuntu) "[MIR] fence-agents" [Undecided,New]
14:39 <cpaelzer> that is a package that was in main in the long past (precise)
14:40 <cpaelzer> then everone realized the mixed quality
14:40 <cpaelzer> but it was and is important
14:40 <cpaelzer> so the new approach is to split the binary packages into good, bad and ugly
14:40 <cpaelzer> to only promote and support the former
14:40 <cpaelzer> Anyone left able to look at that?
14:40 <didrocks> sounds really like gstreamer plugins/codec :)
14:41 * didrocks would prefer someone else to take it to ensure that it’s dealt properly by next Tuesday
14:41 * cpaelzer as well
14:41 <cpaelzer> 1 each would be my preferred fair assignment
14:42 <cpaelzer> since we need sarnold for security reviews I wonder if ddstreet / doko / jamespage would have a chance to look at this please ?
14:42 <ddstreet> sure i can take it, lp:#1927004 ?
14:42 <cpaelzer> yes ddstreet
14:42 <cpaelzer> thanks!
14:42 <ddstreet> sorry i have split attention with the sprint
14:42 <cpaelzer> great - all incoming cases assigned
14:43 <cpaelzer> #topic Incomplete bugs / questions
14:43 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
14:43 <luna> 21 of them
14:43 <cpaelzer> The only real recent case is https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/opensc/+bug/1892559
14:43 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1892559 in opensc (Ubuntu) "[MIR] ccid opensc pcsc-lite" [Undecided,Incomplete]
14:44 <cpaelzer> That had a few "please adapt this before we go on" requests
14:44 <cpaelzer> those are discussed, some are resolved some are not needed and some need work
14:44 <cpaelzer> AFAICS process wise this still is on security Team as the next major step
14:45 <cpaelzer> Nothing else recent in that queue
14:45 <cpaelzer> which brings us to
14:45 <cpaelzer> #topic Any other business?
14:45 <cpaelzer> nothing but the cases we assigned above from me
14:45 <sarnold> nothing from me
14:45 <luna> nothing from me
14:45 <didrocks> nothing
14:46 <cpaelzer> luna: to explain - yes the list has 12 entries but we only check those that had updates since they were last discussed
14:46 <cpaelzer> post LTS we sometimes clean some super old cases, but there is no strict cleanup rule for these
14:47 <luna> cpaelzer: ah alright
14:47 <cpaelzer> So overall we see the cycle start as expected, new review requests come in and have assigned them
14:47 <cpaelzer> best of luck to find the time to complete them before next week (not starting a backlog in the first week) :-)
14:47 <sarnold> yes, "start"...
14:48 <cpaelzer> :-)
14:48 <cpaelzer> Seems we are done for today and I'd then close the meeting
14:48 <sarnold> thanks cpaelzer, didrocks, ddstreet, luna :)
14:48 <cpaelzer> #endmeeting