14:30 <cpaelzer> #startmeeting Weekly Main Inclusion Requests status
14:30 <meetingology> Meeting started at 14:30:03 UTC.  The chair is cpaelzer.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
14:30 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
14:30 <cpaelzer> sarnold: jamespage: didrocks: ddstreet: doko: ping MIR-party people
14:30 <ddstreet> o/
14:31 <sarnold> good morning
14:31 <cpaelzer> extra ping for jamespage as the only interestign bit seems to be coud archive related
14:31 <cpaelzer> getting started
14:31 <cpaelzer> Using the agreed "fast path" of our meeting I anted to let you know that
14:32 <cpaelzer> action-items, component-mismatches, new MIRs and incomplete MIRs all have no new entries and can be skipped today
14:32 <cpaelzer> the one thing worth to bring up is
14:32 <cpaelzer> #topic current component mismatches
14:32 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg
14:32 <doko> o/
14:33 <cpaelzer> There we see cinder <-> python-boto*
14:33 <doko> I pinged icey about that last week
14:34 <icey> doko: cpaelzer: I believe that coreycb uploaded a change to resolve that yesterday
14:34 <sarnold> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cinder/2:18.0.0~b1-0ubuntu2
14:34 <cpaelzer> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cinder/2:18.0.0~b1-0ubuntu2
14:34 <cpaelzer> ok
14:35 <cpaelzer> that seems to be on the way to be resolved then
14:35 <cpaelzer> Which is great
14:35 <cpaelzer> that leads to
14:35 <cpaelzer> #topic Any other business?
14:35 <cpaelzer> so what's up?
14:35 <doko> one thing
14:35 <cpaelzer> @sarnold are you planning ahead security reviews in 21.10 cycle or is it to early to bother about that?
14:35 <cpaelzer> doko: what is it?
14:36 <sarnold> cpaelzer: heh, we're still working on reviews from N cycles in the past..
14:36 <doko> I'd like to add a requirement that a package in main must not be on the lto-disabled list, but the fix, or the work-around should be directly in the package
14:37 <cpaelzer> so you'd want the lto-disable in the package and not in the list
14:37 <cpaelzer> sounds reasonable to me to enforce maintainer-awareness
14:37 <cpaelzer> any reasons opinions against that suggestion?
14:37 <sarnold> what's involved in a maintainer opting into the lto-disable in their package?
14:38 <cpaelzer> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ToolChain/LTO
14:38 <doko> for universe? just uploading a new lto-disabled-list package
14:38 <cpaelzer> export DEB_BUILD_MAINT_OPTIONS=optimize=-lto
14:39 <sarnold> nice docs doko :)
14:40 <doko> so agreed?
14:41 <sarnold> yeah, I think this is a good idea
14:41 <cpaelzer> +1 - I'm already writing the text for it
14:41 <doko> sarnold: I would suggest doing the disablement for hirsute security uploads as well, if you find something that doesn't build/work with lto
14:41 <sarnold> doko: ack, thanks, I'll pass it along
14:42 <doko> but filing a bug report would be appreciated
14:42 <cpaelzer> 3/3 votes for that change
14:42 <cpaelzer> no more people here and it seems rather non controversial
14:42 <cpaelzer> adding the change to the wiki ...
14:43 <doko> ta
14:44 <cpaelzer> done
14:44 <cpaelzer> to review template and the explanations
14:44 <cpaelzer> anything else ?
14:44 <sarnold> nothing from me
14:45 <cpaelzer> ok and doko said one (=1) thing which we handled
14:45 <cpaelzer> closing this early giving you back some time
14:45 <cpaelzer> thanks @all
14:45 <cpaelzer> #endmeeting