15:02 <mclemenceau> #startmeeting Weekly Ubuntu Foundations team
15:02 <meetingology> Meeting started at 15:02:23 UTC.  The chair is mclemenceau.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
15:02 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
15:02 <mclemenceau> #topic Lightning rounds
15:02 <mclemenceau> echo $(shuf -e vorlon bdmurray xnox doko sil2100 rbalint mwhudson juliank waveform slyon jawnsmith dbungert)
15:03 <mclemenceau> rbalint jawnsmith slyon waveform sil2100 doko xnox juliank mwhudson bdmurray vorlon dbungert
15:03 <rbalint> (short week)
15:03 <rbalint> * uploaded meld 3.20.3-1 via Debian
15:03 <rbalint> * 360 reviews
15:03 <rbalint> * uploaded systemd 247.3-2ubuntu1
15:03 <rbalint> * uploaded glibc 2.33-0ubuntu4
15:03 <rbalint> * helping systemd's and glibc's migration
15:03 <rbalint> * running performance tests for glibc
15:03 <rbalint> (done)
15:03 <JawnSmith> * Proposed migration: python-pynvim
15:03 <JawnSmith> * LP: #1903048 SRU pi400 bluetooth to focal
15:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1903048 in bluez (Ubuntu Focal) "[SRU] Bluetooth won't activate on the pi 400" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1903048
15:03 <JawnSmith> * LP: #1912371 libftdi MIR and flashrom improvements for MIR
15:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1912371 in libftdi (Ubuntu) "[MIR] flashrom + libftdi" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1912371
15:03 <JawnSmith> * Raspberry pi kernel/gpio improvements/testing
15:03 <JawnSmith> [done]
15:04 <mclemenceau> slyon is out today, waveform, you're next
15:04 <waveform> * Worked on gpiozero packaging for pypi, raspbian, and ubuntu
15:04 <waveform> * Worked on lgpio issue under kernel 5.11 (missing config item)
15:04 <waveform> * Testing new rpi-eeprom version
15:04 <waveform> * Tested hiruste server and desktop images with KMS overlay
15:04 <waveform> * Addressed review points for lg package (LP: #1916901)
15:04 <waveform> * Testing new stuff with jawn-smith
15:04 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1916901 in Ubuntu "[needs-packaging] lg (lgpio, rgpio, rgpiod, rgs)" [Wishlist,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1916901
15:04 <waveform> * Pi meetings
15:04 <waveform> (done)
15:04 <sil2100> - Feeling a bit under the weather this week
15:04 <sil2100> - SRU reviews and releases
15:04 <sil2100> - needrestart MIR:
15:04 <sil2100> * Discussed with the MIR team and promoted all packages to main
15:04 <sil2100> * Continue looking at the armhf situation before pushing the change to Debian
15:04 <sil2100> - Some final netplan reviews and merge of the final PR before release
15:04 <sil2100> - 360
15:04 <sil2100> - Discussions with the HWE team about some AA NEW reviews
15:04 <sil2100> - Discussions about the 20.04.3 point-release date
15:04 <sil2100> - ESM britney:
15:04 <sil2100> * Worked around the issues with the unit-test suite for mocking the swiftclient module
15:04 <sil2100> * Wrote some basic tests for functionality, fixed detected bugs
15:04 <sil2100> * Prepared the autopkgtest-cloud portion, rebasing on latest version
15:04 <sil2100> * Prepared draft MPs
15:05 <sil2100> * Looking into SSO support
15:05 <sil2100> - Looked into some core18 snaps getting blocked in moderation
15:05 <sil2100> (done)
15:05 <mclemenceau> doko doesn't seem to be around, xnox?
15:05 <doko> ohh, American summer, Texans don't freeze anymore ...
15:06 <mclemenceau> ahah
15:06 <xnox> doko:  your turn? or should I?
15:06 <doko> no, go, I'm not yet prepared
15:06 <xnox> riscv64: early feedback of hangs with my hand built unmatched image, investigating. Otherwise the first round of the new unmatched patches have been accepted into ubuntu kernels, there should be riscv upload soon.
15:06 <xnox> prepared grub2 sru fixups to make things installable, and migratable.
15:06 <xnox> shim: building new snapshot, it is still a bit shim-shaped.
15:07 <xnox> followed up on my last weeks tasks.... almost all of them.
15:07 <xnox> done
15:07 <juliank> * New APT microrelease SRUs uploaded to groovy, focal, bionic. Tons of bugs fixed. Waiting in unapproved.
15:07 <juliank> * changed cron, anacron to inherit PATH (LP: #1779767)
15:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1779767 in cron (Ubuntu Groovy) "Default cron PATH does not include /snap/bin" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1779767
15:07 <juliank> * 360 review
15:07 <juliank> * off yesterday
15:07 <juliank> (done)
15:07 <mclemenceau> bdmurray is out, mwhudson is asleep, vorlon?
15:07 <vorlon> * last week: out
15:07 <vorlon> * this week:
15:07 <vorlon> * catching up on email
15:07 <vorlon> * 360 reviews
15:07 <vorlon> * archive cleanup now that we're in freeze: NBS, uninstallables, out-of-date binaries
15:07 <vorlon> (done)
15:07 <dbungert> * LP: #1918456 - armhf test failure due to sizeof(long int) != 8, fixed,
15:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1918456 in iniparser (Ubuntu) "test failure - invalid conversion on armhf" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1918456
15:08 <dbungert> upstream PR open, and sponsored (thanks cpaelzer)
15:08 <dbungert> * LP: #1918848 - fixed in maintainer script, upstream PR merged, and sponsored
15:08 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1918848 in tuptime (Ubuntu) "regular users can't run tuptime (regression, autopkgtest failure)" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1918848
15:08 <dbungert> (thanks mwhudson).  Upstream also manages the Debian packaging, so it is
15:08 <dbungert> effectively Debian upstreamed as well.
15:08 <dbungert> * LP: #1717584 - MP open, but after discovery that systemd just treats passno
15:08 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1717584 in curtin "fs_passno is written as 0, 0 by default." [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1717584
15:08 <dbungert> as a boolean, we're considering a policy of just assigning a passno of 1
15:08 <dbungert> unless caller overrides.
15:08 <dbungert> * Subiquity - enable selection of updates during install thru API - started
15:08 <dbungert> (done)
15:08 <mclemenceau> doko: reaady now?
15:08 <doko> no, sorry
15:09 <mclemenceau> Ok doko, we can do that during AOB
15:09 <mclemenceau> #topic Release incoming bugs (hirsute)
15:09 <mclemenceau> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-hh-incoming-bug-tasks.html#foundations-bugs
15:10 <mclemenceau> bug 1919395
15:10 <ubottu> bug 1919395 in ifupdown2 (Ubuntu) "Must not provide ifupdown on Ubuntu" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1919395
15:13 <xnox> to blocklist or to drop provides
15:13 <xnox> that is the question
15:13 <xnox> cause we don't have time to fix it
15:13 <xnox> like properly
15:13 <xnox> (unless upstream will)
15:13 <vorlon> nor is it something we should invest in, it's not the networking solution integrated in Ubuntu
15:14 <xnox> yeah that.
15:14 <xnox> will retitle to RM
15:14 <mclemenceau> should we card this to make sure we take action on this?
15:15 <xnox> no card, it will be in the AA queue
15:15 <mclemenceau> Ok
15:15 <mclemenceau> next bug 1896186
15:15 <ubottu> bug 1896186 in linux-firmware-raspi2 (Ubuntu) "Raspberry Pi HDMI output looks dull, low contrast" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1896186
15:17 <mclemenceau> low priority removed the tag
15:17 <mclemenceau> next
15:17 <mclemenceau> bug 1918740
15:17 <ubottu> bug 1918740 in sbuild (Ubuntu) "sbuild 0.81.2ubuntu4 tests stuck" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1918740
15:17 <xnox> hm
15:18 <mclemenceau> Looks like rbalint already uploaded a fix
15:18 <rbalint> yes
15:18 <mclemenceau> last for hh bug 1842047
15:18 <ubottu> bug 1842047 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "Flavors should use their slideshows in oem-config" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1842047
15:19 <xnox> but they normally do.....
15:19 <xnox> there are seeds to seed the right slideshow
15:19 <xnox> oh during oem-config
15:20 <xnox> so there is no logic when preparing oem-config to install the right flavour slideshow
15:20 <xnox> so we should probably substitute $flavor when isntalling slideshow package & oem-config package into target.
15:21 <vorlon> do we think that should be release-targeted, though? has this ever worked?
15:22 <sil2100> This is more like a feature request to me! (though I know probably by principle this should have just worked)
15:23 <xnox> rls-hh-notfixing & wishlist
15:24 <mclemenceau> thx xnox
15:24 <mclemenceau> on to groovy now
15:24 <mclemenceau> #topic Release incoming bugs (groovy)
15:24 <mclemenceau> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-gg-incoming-bug-tasks.html#foundations-bugs
15:24 <mclemenceau> one bug 1904271
15:24 <ubottu> bug 1904271 in python3.9 (Ubuntu) "Python 3.9 package is missing dependency on tzdata" [Wishlist,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1904271
15:24 <mclemenceau> we've talked about this one before, moving one
15:24 <mclemenceau> #topic Release incoming bugs (focal)
15:25 <mclemenceau> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-ff-incoming-bug-tasks.html#foundations-bugs
15:25 <juliank> empty! :D
15:25 <mclemenceau> wow ... 0 foundations-bug
15:25 <mclemenceau> \o/
15:26 <mclemenceau> Ok moving on to proposed migration
15:26 <mclemenceau> #topic Team proposed-migration report
15:26 <mclemenceau> #link http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_excuses_by_team.html#foundations-bugs
15:27 <mclemenceau> vorlon you're up!
15:27 <vorlon> first on the list is pexpect, which was discussed last week as having a related launchpad buildd bug report
15:28 <vorlon> anyway, is assigned to bdmurray
15:28 <mclemenceau> bdmurray mentioned this bug related to this 1820348
15:28 <vorlon> gnupg2: looks like it just migrated
15:28 <vorlon> LP: #1820348
15:28 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1820348 in launchpad-buildd "buildd user's lxd group membership causes some package build failures" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1820348
15:28 <vorlon> ok
15:29 <vorlon> binutils vs lintian - was someone looking at this before? doko?
15:30 <vorlon> ok this is xnox
15:30 <vorlon> sphinx?  is this what doko was referring to last week as "the libgnat ABI break"?
15:31 <doko> yes, these are fixed, the remaining one is unrelated
15:31 <vorlon> ok
15:31 <vorlon> do you want to keep it or pass it on?
15:31 <vorlon> looks like a timing thing on the testbed
15:32 <doko> ok
15:32 <doko> keep it
15:32 <vorlon> ok
15:32 <vorlon> initramfs-tools
15:33 <vorlon> waveform: was this still with you?
15:33 <xnox> yes with me
15:33 <xnox> (to sponsor stuff)
15:33 <vorlon> ok
15:33 <vorlon> glibc
15:33 <vorlon> rbalint: any help needed there?
15:34 <vorlon> I'll assume this is primarily rbalint, with others whacking autopkgtest failures as needed
15:35 <rbalint> no all of those regressed in archive
15:35 <rbalint> have hints for many of those just need merging
15:35 <rbalint> will fix a few
15:35 <vorlon> rbalint: do you have a link for an MP?
15:36 <rbalint> https://code.launchpad.net/~rbalint/britney/+git/hints-ubuntu/+merge/398293
15:36 <vorlon> thanks
15:36 <vorlon> and then the rest are new and can be ignored until next week
15:36 <vorlon> mclemenceau:
15:36 <rbalint> there will be more in a few hours
15:36 <mclemenceau> thx
15:37 <mclemenceau> #topic AOB
15:37 <mclemenceau> doko, do you want to paste your status now?
15:37 <rbalint> also open-iscsi is being fixed by paelzer
15:37 <doko> mom
15:37 <doko> - only a tiny bit of +1 maintenance
15:37 <doko> - a sick day
15:37 <doko> - trying to limit the gcc-11 build to 50GB disk space or less, breaking the build in various other ways ...
15:37 <doko> - OpenJDK 16 release, preparing focal and groovy updates
15:37 <doko> - LLVM 12 fix, and making 12 the default
15:37 <doko> - distro NEW source reviews
15:37 <doko> - 360s
15:37 <doko> (done)
15:37 <mclemenceau> thx!
15:37 <xnox> lastpass alternatives welcome....
15:38 <mclemenceau> I need someone from Foundations for +1 next week ...
15:38 <rbalint> vorlon, i also have removal requests for some of the packages blocking glibc but those are expected to be processes in batches by ubuntu-archive afaik
15:38 <vorlon> ok
15:39 <vorlon> (but not quickly enough for unblocking transitions unless you ping, which you've now done, so I'll look)
15:40 <rbalint> i'd jump in for a later week because i expect work with new systemd upstream
15:41 <cpaelzer> rbalint: well I need to wait for x86 builders to have results - but open-iscsi will be fixed soon
15:45 <mclemenceau> Thanks everyone!
15:45 <vorlon> thanks!
15:45 <mclemenceau> #endmeeting