16:01 <bdmurray> #startmeeting Weekly Ubuntu Foundations team
16:01 <meetingology> Meeting started at 16:01:53 UTC.  The chair is bdmurray.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
16:01 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
16:02 <bdmurray> #topic Lightning Round
16:02 <bdmurray> echo $(shuf -e vorlon bdmurray xnox tdaitx doko sil2100 rbalint mwhudson juliank waveform slyon jawnsmith dbungert)
16:02 <bdmurray> rbalint dbungert juliank xnox vorlon sil2100 tdaitx jawnsmith mwhudson waveform slyon doko bdmurray
16:02 <bdmurray> rbalint:
16:03 <rbalint> (short week due to holidays)
16:03 <rbalint> * merged librelp rsyslog
16:03 <rbalint> * fixed unattended-upgrades FTBFS via Debian
16:03 <rbalint> * in the progress of testing strace and util-linux merges
16:03 <rbalint> (done)
16:03 <dbungert> * LP: #1915558 - irssi merge uploaded, thanks juliank
16:03 <dbungert> * LP: #1913321 - still in security team
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1915558 in irssi (Ubuntu) "Please merge 1.2.2-2" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1915558
16:03 <dbungert> * LP: #1915866 - fix implemented, PRs sent to Debian and upstream
16:03 <dbungert> * autoinstall-generator - Project planning and lots of productization tasks
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1913321 in iniparser (Ubuntu Hirsute) "[MIR] iniparser (dependency of mtd-utils)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1913321
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1915866 in iniparser (Ubuntu) "build does not run tests in test/ directory" [Low,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1915866
16:03 <dbungert> getting ready for MVP - next is snapification
16:03 <dbungert> * libselinux vs systemd update-excuses: fixed via systemd retest triggered by
16:03 <dbungert> others
16:03 <dbungert> (done)
16:04 <bdmurray> juliank has an appointment
16:04 <bdmurray> xnox:
16:05 <bdmurray> I'll go while we wait for xnox
16:06 <bdmurray> uploaded software-properties to hirsute (enable armhf tests)
16:06 <bdmurray> submitted a charmhelper PR https://github.com/juju/charm-helpers/pull/573
16:06 <bdmurray> submitted firewall change for devel version of Error Tracker
16:06 <bdmurray> submitted another lptools MP with some lp-grab-attachments changes
16:06 <bdmurray> testing of ubuntu-release-upgrader changes for the upgrade from B to F
16:06 <bdmurray> testing of ubuntu-release-upgrader changes for the KeyboardInterrupt issue
16:06 <bdmurray> uploaded opencryptoki version 3.15.1 (plus some patches) to hirsute
16:06 <bdmurray> out ill for a bit
16:06 <bdmurray> ✔ done
16:06 <bdmurray> vorlon: ?
16:06 <xnox> well
16:06 <xnox> did noudebs stuff; merges for freeze; grub stuff
16:06 <xnox> done
16:07 <vorlon> skip?
16:07 <bdmurray> sil2100:
16:07 <sil2100> - SRU reviews and releases
16:07 <sil2100> - Short DMB meeting, longer TB meeting
16:07 <sil2100> - HWE sync (quick one)
16:07 <sil2100> - Working on assigned merges:
16:07 <sil2100> * Merged console-conf, followed up with an udeb removal change
16:07 <sil2100> * Merged lshw
16:07 <sil2100> * Synced parted
16:07 <sil2100> * Worked on making parted migratable, pushed a change to livecd-rootfs
16:07 <sil2100> - Working on erlang proposed migration
16:07 <sil2100> - Finalized ESM britney spec, sent for review, addressing review comments from Steve
16:07 <sil2100> - Finished work on the britney portion of ESM britney (untested yet)
16:07 <sil2100> - Fixed ISO high-risk package change notifier for hirsute and focal
16:07 <sil2100> - Re-building UC18 stable images with the new gadget and core18
16:07 <sil2100> - Appliance refresh:
16:07 <sil2100> * Rebuilt appliances with new snaps, adguard-home FTBFS due to base change
16:07 <sil2100> * Updated adguard-home model assertions and sent them for signing
16:07 <sil2100> * Did the same thing twice as we missed a revision bump, now waiting for store upload
16:08 <sil2100> - Worked on improvements to the point-release process, sent out an e-mail about it
16:08 <sil2100> - PR reviews for netplan - NM-support-related and TTL for tunnels
16:08 <sil2100> - Rebasing and fixing tests for bileto change by Dimitri - merged
16:08 <sil2100> - Finalizing some HWE DKMS stuff
16:08 <sil2100> - Unblocking core18 snaps from moderation queue
16:08 <sil2100> - Grading
16:08 <sil2100> (done)
16:08 <bdmurray> tdaitx:
16:09 <bdmurray> JawnSmith:
16:09 <JawnSmith> * LP: #1907713 aufs support is deprecated
16:09 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1907713 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu Hirsute) "aufs support is deprecated and should be handled on upgrade" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1907713
16:09 <JawnSmith> * Changes made to ubuntu-release-upgrader, docker.io, and aufs-tools
16:09 <JawnSmith> to prevent upgrades that would break existing containers
16:09 <JawnSmith> * LP: #1902025 SRU verification for groovy and focal (successful)
16:09 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1902025 in update-manager (Ubuntu Groovy) "hwe kernel not scoped under "Ubuntu Base"" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1902025
16:09 <JawnSmith> * Proposed migration: iputils resolved, acl blocked by known bug in systemd
16:09 <JawnSmith> * Continued work for raspi GPIO support with new kernel
16:09 <JawnSmith> * Merging pi-bluetooth from upstream
16:09 <JawnSmith> * LP: #1901043 SRU verification (successful)
16:09 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1901043 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Focal) "No sound in ubiquity-dm with nomodeset" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1901043
16:09 <JawnSmith> [done]
16:10 <bdmurray> JawnSmith: Do you have an MP for u-r-u?
16:10 <JawnSmith> Yes, let me dig up link
16:10 <bdmurray> waveform:
16:10 <waveform> * u-boot merge (LP: #1916898)
16:10 <waveform> * lgpio/rgpio packaging (LP: #1916901)
16:10 <waveform> * Finished gpiozero lgpio layer, working on rgpio layer
16:10 <waveform> * Planning GPIO/SPI/I2C device access with jawn-smith
16:10 <waveform> * Pi meetings
16:10 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1916898 in u-boot (Ubuntu) "Please merge u-boot 2021.01+dfsg-2 from Debian unstable" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1916898
16:10 <waveform> (done)
16:10 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1916901 in Ubuntu "[needs-packaging] lg (lgpio, rgpio, rgpiod, rgs)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1916901
16:11 <slyon> - binutils/bionic SRU for IBM, bug #1903814
16:11 <slyon> - Working on NetworkManager YAML backend
16:11 <slyon> + adopting to new API, do manual testing
16:11 <slyon> === Netplan ===
16:11 <slyon> - prepare Github repo move, update references afterwards
16:11 <slyon> - Enabling CodeQL security checks on Github, PR#195, merged
16:11 <slyon> - Added TTL for tunnels, PR#194/139, bug #1846783, merged
16:11 <ubottu> bug 1903814 in binutils (Debian) "[binutils] Prevent GOT access rewrite for certain symbols" [Unknown,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1903814
16:11 <ubottu> bug 1846783 in netplan "Unable to specify TTL value for tunnels" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1846783
16:11 <slyon> - Add congestion-window/advertised-receive-window, PR#177, merged
16:11 <slyon> - updating the NM/keyfile generator/parser API, PR#191, merged
16:11 <slyon> - NM backend improvements, PR#189, merged
16:11 <slyon> - Bug triage: bug #1905273, bug #1916062, bug #1896354
16:11 <slyon> - Working on ppc64el autopkgtest failure, bug #1916888
16:11 <slyon> - Working on 'netplan set' CLI, updating existing file
16:11 <slyon> (done)
16:11 <ubottu> bug 1905273 in netplan "VLAN interface not added to bridge" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1905273
16:11 <ubottu> bug 1916062 in netplan "Option to admin disable interface either not present or not documented" [Undecided,Invalid] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1916062
16:11 <ubottu> bug 1896354 in netplan "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'netifaces'" [Undecided,Invalid] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1896354
16:11 <ubottu> bug 1916888 in netplan.io (Ubuntu) "The autopkgtest started failing on ppc64el: Temporary failure resolving 'ftpmaster.internal'" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1916888
16:11 <bdmurray> doko:
16:12 <doko> - noudeb, noudeb, noudeb, ... seeing an end
16:12 <doko> - openjdk bug fix for single-core processors
16:12 <doko> - openjdk-{11,16,17} updates
16:12 <doko> - new libjpeg-turbo upstream
16:12 <doko> - python3*-full packages, 3.9.2 release
16:12 <doko> - cross-toolchain-base updates for glibc
16:12 <doko> - GCC 10/11 updates
16:12 <doko> - some universe merges
16:12 <doko> (done)
16:12 <bdmurray> vorlon:
16:13 <vorlon> * a bit of poking around rails on proposed-migration; didn't get much done because kanashiro beat me to most of it
16:13 <vorlon> * did remove ruby-rails-assets-jquery-fullscreen-plugin
16:13 <vorlon> * retried autopkgtests for ruby-em-synchrony to address a progression
16:13 <vorlon> * reviewing xnox's work to backport grub2 to all series
16:13 <vorlon> * finalizing ubuntu-archive-tools migration to git
16:13 <vorlon> (done)
16:14 <bdmurray> Any questions on status?
16:14 <rbalint> JawnSmith, which systemd bug blocks acl?
16:15 <JawnSmith> LP: #1914062
16:15 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1914062 in systemd (Ubuntu) "NetworkManager-wait-online.service in 1.28.0-2ubuntu1 fails to start in LXC" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1914062
16:15 <rbalint> this should be resolved currently, retried the test
16:15 <bdmurray> thanks
16:16 <bdmurray> #topic Release Incoming Bugs
16:16 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-hh-incoming-bug-tasks.html#foundations-bugs
16:16 <bdmurray> bug 1916485
16:16 <ubottu> bug 1916485 in glibc (Ubuntu) "test -x fails inside shell scripts in containers" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1916485
16:16 <rbalint> +!
16:16 <rbalint> +1
16:17 <rbalint> (for carding it)
16:18 <mclemenceau> ok
16:18 <bdmurray> Yes, let's card that.
16:18 <bdmurray> bug 1916888
16:18 <ubottu> bug 1916888 in netplan.io (Ubuntu) "The autopkgtest started failing on ppc64el: Temporary failure resolving 'ftpmaster.internal'" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1916888
16:18 <slyon> +1 for taking this one
16:19 <slyon> not sure where it came from, but I was able to reproduce it locally
16:19 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-gg-incoming-bug-tasks.html#foundations-bugs
16:19 <bdmurray> Oh we talked about this already
16:20 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-ff-incoming-bug-tasks.html#foundations-bugs
16:20 <bdmurray> and bug 1914827 is actually carded so done with those
16:20 <ubottu> bug 1914827 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu) "18.04 to 20.04 upgrade failed until -dbg packages removed" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1914827
16:21 <bdmurray> #topic Team proposed-migration report
16:21 <bdmurray> vorlon:
16:21 <vorlon> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_excuses_by_team.html#foundations-bugs
16:22 <vorlon> tdaitx: pexpect has been carried over multiple weeks; are you blocking some time to work on it this week?
16:22 <vorlon> dbungert: any word on mtd-utils and the iniparser MIR?
16:23 <vorlon> mclemenceau: or do you know any updated status on iniparser MIR from the security team?
16:23 <dbungert> vorlon: security team has the main task.  They created a smaller package cleanup task, which I completed this week.
16:23 <dbungert> LP: #1915866
16:23 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1915866 in iniparser (Ubuntu) "build does not run tests in test/ directory" [Low,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1915866
16:24 <vorlon> juliank: setuptools is also a carry-over.  are you blocking time to work on it this week?
16:25 <vorlon> no julian, he can read scrollback :)
16:25 <vorlon> systemd blocking various things; rbalint do we believe these just need retried with the -proposed version?
16:25 <rbalint> vorlon, yes
16:25 <vorlon> ok triggering
16:25 <dbungert> vorlon: there is always the option to 'fix' mtd-utils by removing the patch that makes it rely on an external copy of libiniparser, but this means that it's just using a statically linked copy instead (like it used to)
16:26 <vorlon> dbungert: ok. given that we're at feature freeze already, I might want to pre-promote the library on that basis (i.e. no new code in main)
16:26 <rbalint> vorlon, or with the one in release, systemd in hirsute-proposed is just a rebuild
16:27 <vorlon> rbalint: ack; already triggered with --all-proposed
16:28 <vorlon> hmm looks like all the others haven't been assigned out yet because they're newer!
16:28 <vorlon> python-secretstorage vs vorta: bdmurray ?
16:28 <bdmurray> okay
16:29 <vorlon> grub2 has a component-mismatch; grub-emu just needs demoted, I'll take it
16:29 <vorlon> libtimedate-perl: doko?
16:29 <doko> ok
16:30 <juliank> o/
16:30 <vorlon> boost-defaults + boost1.74: xnox?
16:30 <xnox> vorlon:  yes.
16:30 <vorlon> lz4: some test requests went missing, I'll requeue those
16:31 * juliank did not realize he was looking at setuptools and searched for other excuses which did not exist anymore :(
16:31 <vorlon> netplan.io vs dnsmasq: slyon ?
16:31 <vorlon> juliank: you ok to take it this week then?
16:31 <slyon> vorlon: yes. It's related to the bug we carded earlier
16:31 * vorlon nods
16:31 <juliank> vorlon: yes
16:31 <vorlon> sbuild: rbalint: ?
16:31 <rbalint> vorlon, ack
16:32 <vorlon> valgrind: waveform?
16:32 <waveform> vorlon, ok
16:33 <vorlon> xz-utils: xnox is this yours to follow through on since you uploaded?
16:33 <vorlon> ah it's just blocked by systemd (retried) and a missing arm test, let me handle that
16:34 <slyon> ovs and n-m are mine
16:34 <vorlon> ack
16:34 <vorlon> netplan.io blocking openvswitch and network-manager: slyon
16:34 <vorlon> apport blocking dpkg: sil2100 ?
16:35 <sil2100> o/
16:35 <sil2100> Suar
16:35 <vorlon> sil2100: several other things blocking dpkg, please take the set
16:35 <vorlon> golang-defaults: mwhudson:
16:35 <vorlon> apt: juliank do you want to take this one?
16:36 <bdmurray> Hmm, I'd retried apport and dpkg
16:36 <juliank> vorlon: yeah
16:36 <xnox> vorlon:  ok.
16:36 <vorlon> and now we're getting down into the stuff that is blocked by pending autopkgtests :/
16:37 <bdmurray> sil2100: I'm going to click retry again. I don't see why the apport tests are flakey.
16:37 <sil2100> Ok o/
16:37 <juliank> I don't care a lot, I'm going to upload 2.2.1 on Monday/Tuesday, but if 2.2.0 migrates, nice
16:38 <vorlon> juliank: do you know any reason the huge queues are moving slowly?  oldest in the huge queue on arm64 is from the 22 and the queue size doesn't seem to have shrunk
16:39 <juliank> vorlon: no, Laney is moving stuff around, maybe something went wrong
16:39 <vorlon> hum
16:39 <vorlon> what's being moved around? I haven't seen anything about this
16:40 <juliank> oh that was arm*hf* workers
16:40 <vorlon> so, needs investigation; taking to #ubuntu-release
16:42 <Laney> That was like a week ago
16:43 <vorlon> JawnSmith: can you take man-db?
16:43 <vorlon> and then we're approximately caught up so I'll stop there
16:43 <sil2100> \o/
16:43 <JawnSmith> o/
16:44 <juliank> -> #ubuntu-release
16:44 <vorlon> bdmurray: back to you
16:45 <bdmurray> #topic AOB
16:45 <bdmurray> Anything else?
16:45 <juliank> I'll paste my status now
16:45 <juliank> * APT:
16:45 <juliank> - Avoiding loop breaking for Protected packages in APT (no need to set APT::Force-LoopBreak for Breaks anymore)
16:45 <juliank> - finalizing patch queues and SRU bug templates (about 5 bugs queued together)
16:45 <juliank> * dpkg:
16:45 <juliank> - found out with dpkg maintainer that deconfiguring essential and protected packages should be allowed without having to pass --force-remove-{essential,protected}
16:45 <juliank> * Sponsored irssi merge for dbungert
16:45 <juliank> (done)
16:45 <juliank> Hope I did not catch covid from dentist :D
16:47 <vorlon> my last dentist appointment there was one other patient in the lobby who couldn't wear his mask right
16:47 <juliank> there wasn't really any waiting involved
16:47 <bdmurray> I haven't been to the dentist yet.
16:47 <juliank> :D
16:48 <bdmurray> I want to be able to taste the smoothies when my teeth fall out.
16:48 <bdmurray> #endmeeting