15:31 <cpaelzer> #startmeeting Weekly Main Inclusion Requests status
15:31 <meetingology> Meeting started at 15:31:09 UTC.  The chair is cpaelzer.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
15:31 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
15:31 <sarnold> good morning
15:31 <doko> o/
15:31 <cpaelzer> hello doko sarnold didrocks jamespage ddstreet
15:31 <ddstreet> o/
15:32 <cpaelzer> let us get this party started
15:32 <jamespage> o/
15:32 <cpaelzer> #topic Review of previous action items
15:32 <cpaelzer> only reviews, but of that a lot
15:32 <cpaelzer> I've seen ddstreet complete one
15:32 <cpaelzer> I myself completed a bunch and helped doko
15:32 <cpaelzer> so let me turn this around - are there MIR review left open that you'd know of?
15:33 <cpaelzer> I checked before the meeting and only found new cases (to be distributed today) and such assigned to seucrity atm
15:33 <cpaelzer> let me knwo if you are backlog on a review so we can make sure it is not blocked on us for too long
15:33 <cpaelzer> you can also reply on that later
15:33 <cpaelzer> let us go on
15:33 <cpaelzer> #topic current component mismatches
15:33 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.svg
15:33 <cpaelzer> smaller than it was as several things resolved
15:34 <cpaelzer> nothing new in there
15:34 <cpaelzer> needrestart will later be distrubted for reviews
15:34 <cpaelzer> all other unapproved but existing MIRs are on security
15:34 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg
15:35 <cpaelzer> diddledan: can https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libinih/+bug/1883890 be promoted now?
15:35 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1883890 in libinih (Ubuntu) "[MIR] libinih" [Undecided,Fix committed]
15:35 <cpaelzer> sorry, I meant didrocks
15:35 <diddledan> :-p
15:35 <didrocks> o/
15:35 <didrocks> diddledan is used to it :)
15:35 <didrocks> yes, I just need to update the status
15:36 <didrocks> ah, I did it, that was a week ago :)
15:36 <cpaelzer> ok I'll leave this case with you then
15:36 <didrocks> pending on seb doing the correct upload
15:36 <cpaelzer> oh I thought that happened already
15:36 <cpaelzer> but ok
15:36 <cpaelzer> that is the right way
15:36 <cpaelzer> #topic New MIRs
15:36 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=NEW&assignee_option=none&field.assignee=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
15:37 <cpaelzer> that is one bug with 5 dependencies
15:37 <cpaelzer> each of us pick one to review ?
15:37 <didrocks> (all perl though, Friday task for sure…)
15:37 <didrocks> taking the first one libint-perl
15:38 <cpaelzer> OTOH 4/5 of those are lib*perl which have a quick pass process AFAIK from doko explaining us last time
15:38 <cpaelzer> yeah me takes the second fin-perl
15:38 <cpaelzer> find
15:38 <didrocks> "wooohooo"
15:38 <cpaelzer> everyone should realize that the last one gets the only complex package
15:38 <cpaelzer> so volunteer yourself fast :-)
15:39 <cpaelzer> three mroe to go libmodule-scandeps-perl libsort-naturally-perl and needrestart itself
15:39 <doko> lib*-perl ;p
15:39 <didrocks> if I were you, I would avoid anything with *scan* in the name :)
15:39 <cpaelzer> ok doko is the *perl* pro and got two
15:39 <cpaelzer> that leaves needrestart for ddstreet or sarnold or jamespage ?
15:39 <cpaelzer> who has a chance to do this the next few days?
15:39 <ddstreet> sure, i can take it
15:40 <cpaelzer> aesome
15:40 <cpaelzer> +w
15:40 <cpaelzer> #topic Incomplete bugs / questions
15:40 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
15:41 <cpaelzer> mtd is on security and only shows up here for the dependency tracking
15:41 <cpaelzer> fixed
15:41 <cpaelzer> abseil is not to be promoted and sorted out by seb128
15:41 <cpaelzer> ok for now IMHO
15:41 <cpaelzer> #topic Any other business?
15:42 <cpaelzer> didrocks: what became of the voting?
15:42 <cpaelzer> still many are missing right?
15:42 <cpaelzer> I've seen activity of most of us here today
15:42 <didrocks> yeah :/
15:42 <cpaelzer> what is the summary on votes so far
15:42 <didrocks> I can reask by email
15:42 <cpaelzer> sure
15:43 <cpaelzer> WFM
15:43 <didrocks> basically, +2 (you and I) based on the according tooling being developed and -1 from doko
15:43 <didrocks> I told we can invite the requester (seb) to the conversation
15:43 <didrocks> no answer
15:43 <didrocks> I feel people being against should discuss with the requester (either during the meeting, but it obviously doesn’t work) or via email
15:43 <cpaelzer> jamespage: sarnold: ddstreet: anyone of you able to call your vote on this now?
15:43 <cpaelzer> or do we need to go to mail again?
15:44 <ddstreet> i can vote now, sure
15:44 <didrocks> sarnold voted +0 IIRC, but that was off email and without the full rationale, unsure if he would revisit
15:44 <sarnold> I thin kI'd prefer the email; I voted -1 way back when, but I think I remembered some of the email conversation causing me to lean towards a +1 if there's sufficient changes .. it's been so long, i'd like to reread things
15:45 <ddstreet> specifically the vote is for 'can a team subscriber wait until after MIR approval before subscribing' right?
15:45 <didrocks> exactly
15:45 <didrocks> and one proposal is: "given that we write some tooling for AA to ensure at least one of whitelisted team is subscribed to bugs"
15:45 * jamespage reads again
15:46 <didrocks> (which will help in the cause of demotion -> promotion after a while because it was already in main in the past)
15:46 <ddstreet> i'm +1 on it, provided there is either tooling or at least a small process doc change to account for the change in process
15:46 <didrocks> (I don’t think the tooling would be too complex, so better that only relying on doc, which still needs to be updated)
15:47 <didrocks> that than*
15:47 <cpaelzer> seems you have a majority already with 3 on "if the tooling exists and process docs update"
15:47 <cpaelzer> maybe if jamespage has a vote as well this can conclude
15:48 <jamespage> I'm +1 but concur with cpaelzer esp in his point 2) about the intended team subscribed at least being documented in the MIR
15:48 <cpaelzer> then it would be on your didrocks to prep and propose the AA-tooling changes - once accepted we can update the MIR docs
15:48 <didrocks> ack then, so 2 tasks before allowing this change of process: AA-tooling + doc
15:48 <cpaelzer> and from that point no more us but the AAs would check for the subscription
15:48 <didrocks> yeah, just the fact that a team will volounteer to be subscribed
15:48 <cpaelzer> and I'd emphasize in the doc update that there is nothing bad at all if one wants to subscribe early
15:49 <didrocks> ofc
15:49 <cpaelzer> just that you no more "have to"
15:49 <cpaelzer> ok that LGTM now
15:49 <cpaelzer> anything else?
15:49 <didrocks> sounds good :)
15:49 <cpaelzer> didrocks: for auditability would you summarize that as reply to the thread you started?
15:49 <didrocks> moving to the Go discussion? (another email thread to close)
15:49 <didrocks> cpaelzer: will do
15:49 <cpaelzer> Uh you tihnk we will get far with Go today ... ?
15:49 <didrocks> no, was more some kind of a joke, really :)
15:50 <sarnold> :)
15:50 <didrocks> just a gentle reminder if people can contribute to it
15:50 <cpaelzer> worth a ping yeah
15:50 <cpaelzer> ok closing for today
15:50 <cpaelzer> thanks for all your time
15:50 <cpaelzer> and happy reviewing
15:50 <didrocks> thanks!
15:50 <cpaelzer> #endmeeting