15:29 <cpaelzer> #startmeeting Weekly Main Inclusion Requests status
15:29 <meetingology> Meeting started at 15:29:54 UTC.  The chair is cpaelzer.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
15:29 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
15:30 <cpaelzer> jamespage: ddstreet: doko: sarnold: didrocks999: ping
15:30 <didrocks999> hey
15:32 <cpaelzer> jamespage: ddstreet: doko: sarnold: re-ping
15:32 <cpaelzer> getting started slowly
15:32 <cpaelzer> #topic Review of previous action items
15:32 <cpaelzer> none bug bug assignments
15:32 <cpaelzer> I've have done mine
15:33 <cpaelzer> I think I have seen didrocks completing his - is that correct?
15:33 <cpaelzer> the other two I remember is ddstreet (not sure which one without checking) and doko rpi-userspace I think
15:33 <didrocks> yes, mines are done
15:34 <cpaelzer> doko: I still see nothing on https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/raspberrypi-userland/+bug/1895137
15:34 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1895137 in rpi-eeprom (Ubuntu) "[MIR] rpi-eeprom; raspberrypi-userland" [Undecided,In progress]
15:34 <cpaelzer> waveform: ^^ is this team internally agreed to be postponed or is doko jsut too busy with too many things in this part of the cycle?
15:34 <doko> sorry, delayed, having some glibc/fakeroot/glibc fun
15:34 <cpaelzer> glibc+fun = no-fun usually
15:34 <cpaelzer> try to answer if you can doko, otherwise we understand
15:36 <cpaelzer> going on here withotu going deeper, just keep in mind that at som point we need to do the assigned tasks
15:36 <cpaelzer> recently the external view on the MIR process got better due to our agility
15:36 <cpaelzer> we should not loose that :-)
15:36 <cpaelzer> #topic current component mismatches
15:36 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.svg
15:36 <cpaelzer> only known cases in there
15:37 <cpaelzer> I've seen updates on the bug for needrestart by sil2100
15:37 <cpaelzer> but they are not ready yet
15:37 <cpaelzer> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg
15:38 <cpaelzer> abseil was done by didrocks and is back on seb128 atm
15:38 <didrocks> yes
15:38 <cpaelzer> what else is new there
15:38 <cpaelzer> libinih seems ready
15:39 <didrocks> just needs a dep, should be "soon" from what I was told
15:39 <cpaelzer> didrocks: you mean libinih ?
15:39 <didrocks> yes
15:39 <cpaelzer> or abseil
15:39 <didrocks> libinih
15:39 <cpaelzer> ;-)
15:40 <cpaelzer> ok you seem to be on that and can AA_promote it once it is ready
15:40 <didrocks> indeed
15:40 <cpaelzer> the rest is mostly known cases or things that intentionally will hang until next cycle
15:40 * cpaelzer needs to re-cache the last state on libdeflate and libmd
15:40 <cpaelzer> and iniparser
15:41 <cpaelzer> ah https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/iniparser/+bug/1913321 was the assignment of ddstreet
15:41 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1913321 in mtd-utils (Ubuntu Hirsute) "[MIR] iniparser (dependency of mtd-utils)" [Undecided,New]
15:41 <cpaelzer> ddstreet: any chance to get this doen this week ?
15:42 <cpaelzer> didrocks: the following one seems to work well between you and seb https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libdeflate/+bug/1908502
15:42 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1908502 in libdeflate (Ubuntu Hirsute) "[MIR] libdeflate" [Undecided,New]
15:42 <cpaelzer> didrocks: it seems to wait for some actions that you identified on the review
15:42 <cpaelzer> didrocks: should it maybe set to assigned to someone that is supposed to do them
15:42 <didrocks> yes, I’m folllowing up on that one once the actions from seb are done
15:42 <cpaelzer> and incomplete to reflect it
15:43 <cpaelzer> ok thanks - I'll consider deflate to be handled by you for now
15:43 <didrocks> ah, didn’t notice seb unsassigned himself
15:43 <cpaelzer> I updated the bug
15:43 <didrocks> will check with him back
15:43 <didrocks> thx
15:43 <cpaelzer> ok and libmd is ready for review
15:43 <cpaelzer> we will get to that later when we assign everything in the queue
15:44 <cpaelzer> anything else in propsoe you want to talk about?
15:44 <didrocks> nothing from me at least
15:44 <cpaelzer> ddstreet: and for you - pleae feel free to answre later. Or if not just try to squeeze the review in :-)
15:44 <cpaelzer> sarnold: ping
15:45 <cpaelzer> I think I forgot you above
15:45 <cpaelzer> sorry
15:45 <cpaelzer> #topic New MIRs
15:45 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=NEW&assignee_option=none&field.assignee=&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
15:45 <cpaelzer> so today we have a pretty full queue
15:45 <cpaelzer> and at the same time we have ddstreet and doko with old review assignment that are yet to be completed
15:47 <cpaelzer> mtd-utils is a false positive int his list
15:47 <cpaelzer> I've fixed this
15:48 <cpaelzer> we have still plenty of cases to assign
15:49 <cpaelzer> let me start with good example
15:49 <cpaelzer> libmd is needed and I'm willing to pick this one
15:49 <cpaelzer> assignming myself
15:49 <didrocks> so, the *ayatana* ones (3 of them) should be in my set. Those are low priorities it seems (and probably won’t get transitioned this cycled). I feel a little bit ill at ease to review them, as I was part of the intial development team (before the community forked due to CLA)
15:49 <cpaelzer> so you are torn didrocks I understand
15:50 <cpaelzer> didrocks: would you prefer someone else reviewing those and you taking something else?
15:50 <didrocks> I think I can review them, knowing that the main base code was already in main, so maybe that makes the conflict a little bit less
15:50 <cpaelzer> I've worked on python-azure things before so python-aws feeld natural for me - I'm taking that one as well
15:50 <cpaelzer> didrocks:  ok that makes sense
15:51 <didrocks> and focus more on the packaging/changes from our original version in main
15:51 <cpaelzer> assigning hose *aya* to you then
15:51 <didrocks> ack
15:52 <cpaelzer> ok 3 for you (but related) and two for me
15:52 <cpaelzer> I gues swe are full
15:52 <cpaelzer> we have left usrmerge and kdump-tools
15:52 <cpaelzer> on usrmerge reading the case I'm unsure if this really needs further reviews - does anyone know the case ?
15:52 <cpaelzer> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debootstrap/+bug/1906671
15:52 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1906671 in ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu) "[MIR] usrmerge" [Undecided,New]
15:53 <didrocks> agreed, was already promoted
15:53 <cpaelzer> it seems it just got extra tasks
15:53 <cpaelzer> and MIR-Team still is subscribed
15:53 <didrocks> and debootstrap should be trivial and no impact on user directly, no?
15:53 <cpaelzer> I'll drop the subscription and update the bug
15:53 <didrocks> sounds good
15:54 <cpaelzer> done
15:54 <cpaelzer> finally kdump-tools
15:54 <cpaelzer> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdump-tools/+bug/1915071
15:54 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1915071 in kdump-tools (Ubuntu) "[MIR] kdump-tools" [Undecided,New]
15:55 <cpaelzer> ok that is a trivial case it seems
15:55 <cpaelzer> for the sake of ddstreet and doko still blocked on their old assignments I'm willing to take this one
15:55 <cpaelzer> but please try to get every assigned review doen until end of this week
15:55 <cpaelzer> FF is close and everyone wants to get things sorted out
15:56 <cpaelzer> #topic Incomplete bugs / questions
15:56 <cpaelzer> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/?field.searchtext=&orderby=-date_last_updated&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.subscriber=ubuntu-mir
15:56 <cpaelzer> all recent bumps in this list were mentioned before
15:57 <cpaelzer> except for one https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libftdi/+bug/1912371
15:57 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1912371 in libftdi (Ubuntu) "[MIR] flashrom + libftdi" [Undecided,Incomplete]
15:57 <cpaelzer> this one is on mclemenceau to decide to own it (or not)
15:57 <cpaelzer> #topic Any other business?
15:57 <cpaelzer> I know how things feel, always so much to do and then these reviews
15:58 <cpaelzer> but really if you don't find the time speak to your manager to give you the time (or extra people to join the team to further spread the load)
15:58 <cpaelzer> I hve no real topic to talk about left ... :-)
15:58 <didrocks> for people backlogging: can you read/answer to the team subscription timing (before or after the MIR ack) please? I would like to close this topic (either by +1 or -1) but not having the thing half-accepted/removed?
15:59 <cpaelzer> indeed
16:00 <cpaelzer> everone just reply to that email thread
16:00 <cpaelzer> didrocks: you could also bump the thread with a reply-all-ping on the mail
16:00 <didrocks> will do
16:00 <cpaelzer> ok time to close this
16:01 <cpaelzer> thanks everyone!
16:01 <cpaelzer> #endmeeting