16:00 <bdmurray> #startmeeting Weekly Ubuntu Foundations team
16:00 <meetingology> Meeting started at 16:00:11 UTC.  The chair is bdmurray.  Information about MeetBot at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology
16:00 <meetingology> Available commands: action, commands, idea, info, link, nick
16:00 <mclemenceau> o/
16:00 <bdmurray> #topic Lightning Round
16:00 <bdmurray> echo $(shuf -e vorlon bdmurray xnox tdaitx doko sil2100 rbalint mwhudson juliank waveform slyon jawnsmith dbungert)
16:01 <bdmurray> xnox juliank tdaitx waveform bdmurray slyon jawnsmith doko rbalint vorlon dbungert mwhudson sil2100
16:01 <xnox> skip
16:01 <juliank> * released apt 2.1.19 and apt 2.1.20 (fixing small 2.1.19 test regression), highlights:
16:01 <juliank> - Include all translations when building the cache (LP: #1907850)
16:01 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1907850 in apt (Ubuntu Hirsute) "Cache not generated for all translations" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1907850
16:01 <juliank> - A ton of fuzzing fixes from David Kalnischkies
16:01 <juliank> * discussed with people in #debian-ftp about OpenPGP
16:01 <juliank> * fixed libdatrie autopkgtest regression (forwarded to Debian)
16:01 <juliank> * fixed libassuan autopkgtest regression by cherry-picking Debian merge request
16:01 <juliank> (done)
16:01 <bdmurray> tdaitx:
16:02 <bdmurray> waveform: ?
16:02 <tdaitx> * created the merge proposal for popcon
16:02 <tdaitx> - tried to do on top of 1.71 (sitting on merge), but couldn't get LP to hide 1.71 patches without the merge showing conflicts in the web
16:02 <tdaitx> * synced a couple packages that didn't need merge
16:02 <tdaitx> * jck
16:02 <tdaitx> - reduced the number of jobs needed
16:02 <tdaitx> - cleaned a bunch of old containers in all the nodes and removed old unused workspaces
16:02 <tdaitx> - tested singlevm with network classloading so the container agent can be smaller, but some tests don't run in this mode and there are a bunch more failures (but documentation seems to indicate this should be more stable, go figure)
16:02 <tdaitx> * looked over jtr files for long running tests
16:02 <tdaitx> Other:
16:02 <tdaitx> - on +1 main today and tomorrow
16:02 <tdaitx> - it's holiday from Mon-Wed, only planning on taking out Mon, will use the rest for swap
16:02 <tdaitx> (done)
16:02 <waveform> * u-boot-rpi Bionic verification (LP: #1903054)
16:02 <waveform> * findutils merge (LP: #1915005)
16:02 <waveform> * Worked on packaging for liblgpio, librgpio, rgpiod, rgs
16:02 <waveform> * Working on initramfs-tools merge
16:02 <waveform> * Pi meetings
16:02 <waveform> (done)
16:02 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1903054 in u-boot (Ubuntu Bionic) "[SRU] Please merge u-boot 2020.10+dfsg-1 from Debian unstable" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1903054
16:02 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1915005 in findutils (Ubuntu) "Please merge findutils 4.8.0 from Debian unstable" [Wishlist,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1915005
16:03 <bdmurray> sponsored ubiquity to Focal for William but it was rejected again
16:03 <bdmurray> reviewed and merged William's fix for LP: #1902025
16:03 <bdmurray> sent email regarding point releases and phased updates
16:03 <bdmurray> reviewed and merged dbungert's fix for LP: #1706168
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1902025 in update-manager (Ubuntu Groovy) "hwe kernel not scoped under "Ubuntu Base"" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1902025
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1706168 in update-notifier (Ubuntu) "dialog shouldn't be display if Command doesn't exist" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1706168
16:03 <bdmurray> updated meta-release file for 20.04.2
16:03 <bdmurray> used bileto to do a security only build of whoopsie for LP: #1914481
16:03 <bdmurray> SRU verification of whoopsie issue re Bionic servers LP: #1914481
16:03 <bdmurray> submitted an MP fixing the phased-updater considering "just" released packages
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1914481 in whoopsie (Ubuntu Groovy) "use the size of the data when determining the server response" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1914481
16:03 * xnox ready
16:03 <bdmurray> sent email to ubuntu-devel regarding hwe support in Ubuntu 20.04
16:03 <bdmurray> sync of skiboot for mclemenceau
16:03 <bdmurray> discovered hirsute contents.gz files were 40 bytes :-(
16:03 <bdmurray> ✔ done
16:03 <bdmurray> xnox: go ahead
16:03 <slyon> xnox:
16:04 <xnox> refix cgo in rustc for riscv64
16:04 <xnox> attempt riscv64 cross build of rustc, fails with lto, need to redo it again
16:04 <xnox> riscv64 images advertised on sifive forums https://forums.sifive.com/t/ubuntu-20-04-lts-images-for-hifive-unleashed-qemu-vms/4429
16:04 <xnox> ubiquity fixes.... for .2 and .2.0
16:04 <xnox> working on making installer more testable with nvidia with tseliot
16:04 <xnox> working on grub maas arm64 secureboot & accelerated UEFI
16:04 <xnox> done
16:04 <slyon> - alpha merge party
16:04 <slyon> + netplan.io 0.101-4ubuntu1, user-setup 1.87ubuntu1, lvm2 2.03.11-2ubuntu1
16:04 <slyon> + s390-tools[-signed] 2.15.1-1ubuntu1, needs ubuntu-archive queue review (signing)
16:04 <slyon> - proposed-migration
16:04 <slyon> + network-manager MP, for new systemd autopkgtest fixes, pending upload by Seb
16:04 <slyon> + libreadonly-perl
16:04 <slyon> - sponsoring for mclemenceau
16:04 <slyon> + logrotate 3.18.0-1ubuntu1, pyxdg 0.27-2 (bug #1915211, bug #1915347)
16:04 <ubottu> bug 1915211 in logrotate (Ubuntu) "Please merge logrotate 3.18.0-1 (main) from Debian unstable (main) Edit" [Wishlist,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1915211
16:04 <ubottu> bug 1915347 in pyxdg (Ubuntu) "Sync pyxdg 0.27-2 (main) from Debian unstable (main)" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1915347
16:04 <slyon> - Working on NetworkManager patched keyfile test-suite
16:04 <slyon> + using new libnetplan YAML backend
16:04 <slyon> === Netplan ===
16:04 <slyon> - Bug triage
16:04 <slyon> + subiquity bug #1882162 (duplicate of netplan bug #1881832)
16:04 <slyon> + bug #1915349, bug #1915348, bug #1908944
16:04 <slyon> - Prepared new PR#189 for NM YAML backend integration
16:04 <ubottu> bug 1882162 in subiquity (Ubuntu) "subiquity creates wrong network configuration (wrong NIC name)" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1882162
16:04 <slyon> (done)
16:04 <ubottu> bug 1882162 in subiquity (Ubuntu) "duplicate for #1881832 subiquity creates wrong network configuration (wrong NIC name)" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1882162
16:04 <ubottu> bug 1915349 in netplan "please add anchors" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1915349
16:04 <ubottu> bug 1915348 in netplan "'find in page' doesn't work" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1915348
16:04 <ubottu> bug 1908944 in netplan "Line number in route error is incorrect" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1908944
16:04 <JawnSmith> Feb 11 2021
16:04 <JawnSmith> * LP: #1829401 Crash in software-properties when mirror is invalid
16:04 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1829401 in software-properties (Ubuntu Groovy) "gi.repository.GLib.GError: pk-client-error-quark: could not do untrusted question as no klass support" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1829401
16:04 <JawnSmith> - (SRUs to groovy and focal)
16:04 <JawnSmith> * Reduce test size for software-properties
16:04 <JawnSmith> * Merge sudo from debian upstream
16:04 <JawnSmith> * Proposed migration for python3-defaults
16:04 <JawnSmith> * LP: #1910815 race condition on grub systemd services
16:04 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1910815 in grub2 (Ubuntu) "race on boot between multiple invocations of grub-editenv" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1910815
16:04 <JawnSmith> [done]
16:05 <doko> - four or five main merges
16:05 <doko> - cross-toolchain-base updates for glibc 2.33
16:05 <doko> - compiler updates
16:05 <doko> - investigate wrong owner ship in package builds. LP: #1915250
16:05 <doko> No solution yet, work around is in place
16:05 <bdmurray> doko:
16:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1915250 in fakeroot (Ubuntu) "buildd file owner/group for shared libraries " [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1915250
16:05 <doko> - some brainstorming about x86_64 v2
16:05 <doko> - some python packaging discussions with Debian and upstream
16:05 <doko> - fixing autopkg tests for issues triggered by setuptools
16:05 <doko> - landed non-conflicting dbg/dbgsym packages
16:05 <doko> - watching the autopkg test queues
16:05 <doko> (done), and you're too slow ;p
16:05 <rbalint> * uploaded wireshark 3.4.3-1 via Debian
16:05 <rbalint> * merged mdadm
16:05 <rbalint> * landing systemd 247.3-1ubuntu1
16:05 <rbalint> * poking glibc to migrate
16:05 <rbalint> * partner work
16:05 <rbalint> (done)
16:06 <bdmurray> vorlon:
16:06 <vorlon> * slow week, not much done last Thu/Fri due to illness
16:06 <vorlon> * working through the list of reviews I'm tagged on in JIRA
16:06 <vorlon> * britney hints for bambam regression blocking imagemagick
16:06 <vorlon> * merged changes to phased-updater
16:06 <vorlon> * reviewing an outstanding MP from LocutusOfBorg on auto-sync
16:06 <vorlon> * reviewing merge of popularity-contest for tdaitx
16:06 <vorlon> * discussions around improving throughput of packages from RPiOS
16:06 <vorlon> * snow incoming, may not get much done this afternoon if I'm busy counting the flakes
16:07 <vorlon> * off tomorrow
16:07 <vorlon> * Monday is a holiday here, off for that
16:07 <vorlon> (done)
16:07 <dbungert> * New hire stuff might be done
16:07 <dbungert> * open-iscsi update excuses: based on logfile analysis suggest just doing retests as needed, package might benefit from minor tuning to test suite to address a timeout
16:07 <dbungert> * autoinstall-generator: project visibile on github, doing foundational work
16:07 <dbungert> * LP: #1913321 MIR for libiniparser1 - MIR team still considering, last feedback is recognition that library is quasi-redundant with existing libraries but an expectation that the API is different
16:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1913321 in mtd-utils (Ubuntu Hirsute) "[MIR] iniparser (dependency of mtd-utils)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1913321
16:07 <dbungert> * Pending items: SRU for LP: #1821412, irssi merge, autoinstall-generator work                               (done)
16:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1821412 in update-notifier (Ubuntu) ""System program problem" report button does nothing" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1821412
16:07 <bdmurray> sil2100:
16:07 <sil2100> o/
16:08 <sil2100> - Sick day on Monday
16:08 <sil2100> - SRU reviews and releases
16:08 <sil2100> - Released 20.04.2!
16:08 <sil2100> * Performed finalization steps
16:08 <sil2100> * .2 retrospective meeting
16:08 <sil2100> * Updating and improving the point-release process
16:08 <sil2100> - Work on preparing the hotfix for 20.04.2,
16:08 <sil2100> * Updates to cdimage, debian-cd etc.
16:08 <sil2100> * Getting the ubiquity fix approved and pushed through
16:08 <sil2100> * Multiple discussions about the issue at hand and testing
16:08 <sil2100> * Coordination, performing some iso sanity testing (flavors, mocked OEM nvidia)
16:08 <sil2100> - Updates in documentation
16:08 <sil2100> - Looking into sqlite3 proposed migration
16:08 <sil2100> - Started on updates of some cloud packages
16:08 <sil2100> - Releasing new core18 to stable, investigating if the core20 update has been done
16:08 <sil2100> - In-progress review of netplan's NM work - thinking about it right now
16:08 <sil2100> (done)
16:08 <bdmurray> any questions on status?
16:09 <bdmurray> #topic Release Incoming Bugs
16:09 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-hh-incoming-bug-tasks.html#foundations-bugs
16:10 <bdmurray> bug 1915120
16:10 <ubottu> bug 1915120 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "FTBFS - netcfg tests fail on hirsute" [Critical,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1915120
16:11 <bdmurray> That seems worth fixing but it's a PPA version?
16:11 <bdmurray> okay, let's card that
16:12 <mclemenceau> ok
16:12 <bdmurray> bug 1910815 - are you working on that JawnSmith ?
16:12 <ubottu> bug 1910815 in grub2 (Ubuntu) "race on boot between multiple invocations of grub-editenv" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1910815
16:12 <JawnSmith> Yes I am, I have an MP in
16:13 <bdmurray> Okay, so I think a card would be redundant.
16:13 <bdmurray> juliank: Are you reviewing this?
16:13 <bdmurray> bug 1795278
16:13 <ubottu> bug 1795278 in software-properties (Ubuntu) "software-properties-{qt,kde} attempts to use KUrl but it doesn't exist" [Undecided,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1795278
16:16 <bdmurray> There is something of a patch there.
16:17 <bdmurray> But it affects the kde and qt frontends so...
16:18 <bdmurray> I think we should pass on that unless somebody wants to JFDI it on a Friday
16:18 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-gg-incoming-bug-tasks.html#foundations-bugs
16:18 <bdmurray> bug 1904271
16:18 <ubottu> bug 1904271 in python3.9 (Ubuntu) "Python 3.9 package is missing dependency on tzdata" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1904271
16:19 <bdmurray> This was reopened by Colin
16:22 <bdmurray> let's leave that for now
16:22 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-ff-incoming-bug-tasks.html#foundations-bugs
16:23 <bdmurray> There are a couple of bugs about hwe-support-status being out of data for 20.04.
16:23 <bdmurray> s/data/date/
16:24 <bdmurray> both of those seem worth fixing to me
16:24 <bdmurray> so let's card those
16:25 <bdmurray> bug 1912652
16:25 <ubottu> bug 1912652 in glibc (Ubuntu) "package libc6 2.31-0ubuntu9.1 failed to install/upgrade: new libc6:arm64 package post-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 127" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1912652
16:26 <rbalint> +1 for carding
16:26 <bdmurray> rbalint: What is the upgrade path here?
16:26 <rbalint> bdmurray, libc6-lse went away in hirsute, libc6 taking over
16:26 <rbalint> (providing it)
16:27 <bdmurray> so upgrading from Focal to Hirsute?
16:27 <rbalint> Focal -> Groovy for now
16:28 <rbalint> is what breaks
16:28 <bdmurray> but also eventually Focal to Insatiable?
16:28 <rbalint> yes, it i got the Insatiable part right :-)
16:28 <rbalint> for now i think the quirk in u-r-u will do it
16:28 <bdmurray> Anyway, let's card that too.
16:29 <mclemenceau> ok I carded it
16:29 <bdmurray> #topic Team proposed-migration report
16:29 <bdmurray> vorlon:
16:30 <vorlon> #link https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_excuses_by_team.html#foundations-bugs
16:30 <vorlon> python3-defaults
16:30 <vorlon> JawnSmith: any luck with this?
16:31 <JawnSmith> Resolved 6 of 7 regressions, just need to resolve that grub service file race condition
16:31 <bdmurray> The ubuntu-image issue is related to the grub mp
16:31 <JawnSmith> yes that's correct
16:31 <bdmurray> what about python-anndata?
16:31 <JawnSmith> That is new, I'll take a look
16:32 <JawnSmith> 6 of 8 I suppose
16:33 <vorlon> just needs a retry against the new version of the package
16:35 <vorlon> pexpect: tdaitx: ?
16:35 <vorlon> and I'm going to unblock python3-defaults, ubuntu-image regression has been isolated
16:36 <tdaitx> mine, needs more investigation, works locally but lp fails
16:36 <vorlon> ok
16:37 <tdaitx> it fails on the test phase with some "cannot find name for group ID 108", in case someone saw this before
16:37 <vorlon> rbalint: systemd blocking network-manager?
16:37 <rbalint> vorlon, landing the systemd-side fix already
16:37 <vorlon> ok
16:38 <vorlon> mtd-utils -> iniparser MIR: dbungert ?
16:39 <bdmurray> I'm retrying the software-properties ones
16:39 <vorlon> juliank: libassuan?
16:39 <juliank> it's fixed
16:39 <juliank> like I uploaded hours ago :)
16:40 <vorlon> ok
16:40 <vorlon> xnox: you said you were going to reupload boost-defaults, which doesn't seem to have happened? also the autopkgtest regressions are on boost1.74 which is still on me
16:40 <dbungert> vorlon: no movement since last time
16:41 <vorlon> dbungert: will you get to it this week?
16:41 <mclemenceau> iniparser is being reviewed by the MIR team
16:41 <dbungert> ^
16:41 <vorlon> ok, the action from last week was for dbungert was to follow up on the MIR bug, is that done?
16:42 <vorlon> juliank: libdatrie?
16:42 <juliank> I uploaded a fews hours ago too :)
16:42 <juliank> bad report :(
16:42 <vorlon> heh
16:42 <vorlon> report based on latest britney run
16:43 <juliank> britney slow :(
16:43 <vorlon> e2fsprogs, iproute2 xfsprogs are mine
16:43 <dbungert> vorlon: I reviewed their IRC logs from the meeting and it was pointed out that libiniparser was quasi-redundant with other ini libs, but they expected that APIs were different.  Shall I ping ddstreet?
16:43 <xnox> vorlon:  yes.
16:44 <vorlon> dbungert: well I understood the agreed action is to follow up on the MIR bug and there's nothing new in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/iniparser/+bug/1913321 maybe you should put your feedback there?
16:44 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1913321 in mtd-utils (Ubuntu Hirsute) "[MIR] iniparser (dependency of mtd-utils)" [Undecided,New]
16:44 <dbungert> vorlon: OK
16:44 <vorlon> ok new packages not previously assigned
16:45 <vorlon> libjson-perl: waveform: can you look at this?
16:45 <waveform> vorlon, yup
16:45 <vorlon> dbus-python is more software-properties, so presumably also bdmurray
16:45 <vorlon> acl: JawnSmith: ?
16:45 <JawnSmith> sure I can take acl
16:45 <vorlon> liburi-perl: slyon?
16:46 <slyon> vorlon: ack
16:46 <JawnSmith> software properties is a case of the test being just way too long. I'm working on an update to shrink the test size while still achieving the same coverage
16:46 <vorlon> perl: doko?
16:46 <bdmurray> \o/
16:46 <doko> mehh, yes
16:49 <vorlon> libclass-xsaccessor-perl, I'll take a look
16:51 <vorlon> iputils vs systemd, same failure profile as acl; JawnSmith can you look at both of these?
16:51 <vorlon> (and check with rbalint if it's something that will be fixed on the systemd/test runner side)
16:51 <JawnSmith> On it
16:51 <rbalint> https://code.launchpad.net/~rbalint/autopkgtest-cloud/+git/autopkgtest-cloud/+merge/397740
16:52 <vorlon> and zip is lintian failing on armhf so should be taken along with liburi-perl, slyon
16:52 <slyon> vorlon: okay
16:52 <vorlon> setuptools: juliank?
16:53 <vorlon> and then I'll stop there for this week
16:53 <juliank> fine
16:53 <vorlon> bdmurray:
16:53 <bdmurray> #topic AOB
16:53 <doko> two things
16:53 <bdmurray> Monday is a US holiday, but I'm out tomorrow.
16:54 <doko> -fcf-protection and cet flags ...
16:54 <doko> can we have a meeting with security, xnox, vorlon?
16:55 <rbalint> i'm out tomorrow
16:56 <waveform> I'll be out tomorrow morning and maybe afternoon
16:59 <bdmurray> okay, thanks everybody!
16:59 <bdmurray> #endmeeting