16:00 <bdmurray> #startmeeting Weekly Ubuntu Foundations team
16:00 <meetingology> Meeting started Thu Jan  7 16:00:21 2021 UTC.  The chair is bdmurray. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:00 <meetingology> 
16:00 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:00 <rbalint> o/
16:00 <bdmurray> #topic Lightning Round
16:00 <bdmurray> echo $(shuf -e vorlon bdmurray xnox tdaitx doko sil2100 rbalint mwhudson juliank waveform slyon jawnsmith)
16:00 <sil2100> o/
16:01 <bdmurray> mwhudson juliank doko rbalint vorlon sil2100 bdmurray tdaitx jawnsmith waveform slyon xnox
16:01 <bdmurray> juliank: it's your turn
16:01 <juliank> I'm finishing apt features for 2.2 (phased updates, more patterns, new kernel autoremover)
16:01 <juliank> Some discussions about grub +  oem stuff
16:01 <juliank> and that's it
16:01 <juliank> (done)
16:02 <bdmurray> doko:
16:02 <doko> - two days +1 maintenance
16:02 <doko> - test rebuilds, communicated results
16:02 <doko> - no progress towards outstanding test rebuilds this week, buildds busy
16:02 <doko> - analyzing ftbfs for the gcc-11 test rebuild, reducing and forwarding upstream
16:02 <doko> - looking at LLVM 11 regression on armhf
16:02 <doko> - started to analyze issues with the lto test rebuild
16:02 <doko> - testing and reporting GCC 11 build issues on armhf, amd64 and s390x.
16:02 <doko> (done)
16:03 <rbalint> * opened LP: #1910222
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1910222 in Auto Package Testing "https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/<package name> is really slow" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1910222
16:03 <rbalint> * hints with bugs for false glibc-triggered regressions
16:03 <rbalint> * proposed a solution for LP: #1627564 which got reported again against unattended-upgrades
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1627564 in debconf (Ubuntu) "Debconf crash due to assertion failure in ensure_surface_for_gicon [gtkiconhelper.c:493] (when png loader is missing/during upgrades)" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1627564
16:03 <rbalint> (done)
16:03 <bdmurray> vorlon:
16:03 <vorlon> * happy new year!
16:03 <vorlon> * some SRU reviews
16:03 <vorlon> * doing various TIL merges
16:03 <vorlon> * +1 maintenance today/tomorrow
16:03 <vorlon> (done)
16:04 <bdmurray> sil2100: tell us everything you've done in 1 day
16:04 <sil2100> Ah!
16:04 <sil2100> Yes, just got back, so reading backlog, adjusting to the new reality and SRU reviews + releases
16:05 <sil2100> (done)
16:05 <bdmurray> bdmurray:
16:05 <bdmurray> discussed cassandra deletion of EoL releases RT with IS
16:05 <bdmurray> uploaded tzdata 2020f for Hirsute and SRUs (LP: #1909698)
16:05 <bdmurray> verified the above SRUs
16:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1909698 in tzdata (Ubuntu) "new upstream release 2020f" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1909698
16:05 <bdmurray> working on Error Tracker upgrade to Bionic
16:05 <bdmurray> researched LP: #1908147, submitted a charmhelper PR to fix it
16:05 <bdmurray> mentoring a new team member
16:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1908147 in Charm Helpers "cassandra charm fails to deploy on Ubuntu 18.04" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1908147
16:05 <bdmurray> ✔ done
16:05 <tdaitx> * Updated openjdk to 8u282-b07 and 11.0.10+8
16:05 <tdaitx> - aarch64 repo outdated on 8u282-b03 (b04 update only happened this morning)
16:05 <tdaitx> - some zero/aarch64 updates got to 8u282 upstream, adjusted patches
16:05 <tdaitx> * investigated bug 1903929 (default-jdk/-jre rev-deps triggering autopkgtests for other openjdk uploads)
16:05 <tdaitx> - some only trigger for openjdk-8 and openjdk-11
16:05 <ubottu> bug 1903929 in britney "openjdk-8 uploads trigger swi-prolog, fdroidserver, and libreoffice autopkgtests unnecessarily" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1903929
16:05 <tdaitx> - all of them install and run using openjdk-11 (the default-jdk) even when triggered by an openjdk-14/-15/-16 upload
16:05 <tdaitx> * catching up emails
16:05 <tdaitx> Other:
16:05 <tdaitx> - +1 maintenance this Monday/Tuesday, let me know if there's something I should focus on in particular
16:05 <tdaitx> - got 80+ avg load trying to build 2 openjdk pkgs simultaneously, definitely not enough ram for that
16:06 <tdaitx> (done)
16:06 <bdmurray> trying to deploy the mojo spec locally is no fun either
16:06 <bdmurray> JawnSmith:
16:06 <xnox> UTF-8 allowed
16:07 <JawnSmith> Working on LP: #1902025
16:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1902025 in update-manager (Ubuntu Hirsute) "hwe kernel not scoped under "Ubuntu Base"" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1902025
16:07 <JawnSmith> New hire stuff
16:07 <JawnSmith> Created merge proposal
16:07 <JawnSmith> (done)
16:07 <bdmurray> waveform:
16:07 <tdaitx> new hire -> drinking from the firehose
16:07 <waveform> * Happy new lockdown^Wyear!
16:07 <waveform> * Another u-boot fix (LP: #1910094)
16:07 <waveform> * Re-based SRUs for LP: #1906552 and LP: #1906551 and cherry-picked above fix onto them
16:07 <waveform> * Investigating netplan issue on first boot of pi focal image
16:07 <waveform> * Various Pi planning meetings
16:07 <waveform> (done)
16:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1910094 in snap-core18 "uboot fails to save env after core18 refresh" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1910094
16:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1906552 in u-boot (Ubuntu Focal) ""Synchronous Abort" handler and reboot loop on rpi" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1906552
16:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1906552 in u-boot (Ubuntu Focal) "duplicate for #1906551 "Synchronous Abort" handler and reboot loop on rpi" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1906552
16:08 <slyon> - First +1 maintenance shift (Wed+Thu)
16:08 <slyon> * getting into the tasks, reading docs
16:08 <slyon> * triggered some version=unknown tests
16:08 <slyon> - Fixed epubcheck FTBFS, forwarded to Debian
16:08 <slyon> - Fixed s390-tools FTBFS, forwarded upstream, bug #1907789
16:08 <slyon> - Investigated iotjs s390x FTBFS, bug reported upstream
16:08 <ubottu> bug 1907789 in s390-tools (Ubuntu) "2.35.50 breaks ld -no-pie" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1907789
16:08 <slyon> - Adopted netplan.io tests for new openvswitch
16:08 <slyon> === Netplan ===
16:08 <slyon> - Reviewed & Merged PR#180 (docs update), bug #1909114
16:08 <slyon> - Fixed wifi hotspot mode for legacy nms-netplan-plugin
16:08 <slyon> - Working on new NetworkManager backend & keyfile fallback
16:08 <slyon> - Working on SRU verification for Groovy & Focal, bug #1908509
16:08 <slyon> (done)
16:08 <ubottu> bug 1909114 in netplan "wakeonlan with networkd requires MAC address explicitly otherwise it will be ignored" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1909114
16:08 <ubottu> bug 1908509 in netplan.io (Ubuntu Groovy) "[SRU] Update to netplan.io 0.101" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1908509
16:08 <bdmurray> xnox:
16:08 <xnox> 🎆 🎇 🎆 Happy new year 🎆 🎇 🎆
16:08 <xnox> uploading FTBFS for boost transition
16:08 <xnox> grub2 migrated in hirsute, building/testing all the things for it (cd-boot-images, cloud-images, stuck ubuntu-cdimage, etc)
16:08 <xnox> working on u-boot SRUs for all the things (mostly sponsoring)
16:08 <xnox> more grub2 srus to do
16:08 <xnox> done
16:09 <tdaitx> I don't have the right font for that utf-8
16:09 <bdmurray> Any questions on status?
16:09 <bdmurray> we are going to switch things up and look at proposed migration first
16:09 <bdmurray> vorlon:
16:10 <vorlon> [LINK] https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_excuses_by_team.html#foundations-bugs
16:10 <vorlon> lintian: blocked by MIR on discount still
16:10 <vorlon> mclemenceau: did you want to give any update on that?
16:10 <vorlon> gpgme1.0 has revdep autopkgtest regressions.  bdmurray, can you take?
16:11 <bdmurray> yes
16:11 <vorlon> pyparted has revdep autopkgtest regressions. xnox: ?
16:11 <xnox> yes
16:12 <vorlon> openssl, x11vnc autopkgtest regression; rbalint anything special about getting this to pass for glibc?
16:12 <rbalint> vorlon, will look at those
16:13 <vorlon> rbalint: ok - I did just retrigger fwiw
16:13 <rbalint> vorlon, i'm working upwards from focal's glibc :-)
16:13 <vorlon> python-apt vs u-r-u: juliank is this still you?
16:13 <juliank> I need to give u-r-u another round of fixes
16:13 <juliank> yes
16:13 <vorlon> ok
16:13 <vorlon> devscripts regresses its own autopkgtests. sil2100: ?
16:14 <rbalint> vorlon, it is on my plate
16:14 <vorlon> rbalint: devscripts is?
16:14 <rbalint> vorlon, yes, carded
16:15 <vorlon> ok
16:15 <vorlon> cmake vs lucene++: sil2100: ?
16:15 * sil2100 dodged a bullet
16:15 <sil2100> ...or not
16:15 <sil2100> Ok o/
16:15 <sil2100> ;)
16:15 <vorlon> python-cups vs cups: doko: ?
16:16 <vorlon> init-system-helpers is libpod again, so maybe it makes sense for bdmurray to take this one in addition to gpgme1.0
16:16 <vorlon> libjsoncpp is a transition; I'll look at this as part of +1 maintenance
16:16 <bdmurray> okay
16:16 <doko> vorlon: sorry, not this week
16:17 <doko> can try on Monday
16:17 <vorlon> doko: Monday is fine
16:17 <vorlon> glibc: rbalint, you're working through this?  do you want to delegate any of these to someone else?
16:18 <rbalint> vorlon, no, i'm fine with those, thanks
16:18 <vorlon> ok
16:18 <vorlon> libdaemon listed there is actually me causing an autopkgtest progression by fixing i386 (oops), retriggering
16:19 <vorlon> libsigsegv: slyon?
16:19 <slyon> vorlon: sure!
16:19 <vorlon> debhelper: tdaitx?
16:19 <tdaitx> vorlon: ack
16:19 <doko> vorlon: no, just ignore
16:19 <vorlon> doko: ignore debhelper?
16:20 <doko> dh-python
16:20 <vorlon> ok
16:20 <vorlon> tdaitx: glib2.0, then?
16:20 <tdaitx> heh, ok
16:21 <vorlon> erlang vs sonic-pi: it has pi in the name, so, waveform ?
16:21 <waveform> vorlon, heh - okay
16:21 <vorlon> :)
16:21 <rbalint> acpi
16:21 <vorlon> doko: is python3-stdlib-extensions vs python3.8 something that needs looked at, or are you handling?
16:21 <vorlon> rbalint: hahaha
16:22 <doko> needs removal. will have a look
16:22 <vorlon> doko: ta
16:22 <vorlon> doko: what about python3-defaults?
16:23 <vorlon> tcltk-defaults falls to rbalint (x11vnc)
16:23 <doko> could somebody else look at the triggered tests?
16:23 <vorlon> ok I'll look at python3-defaults
16:23 <vorlon> acl vs burp: JawnSmith would you like to take one of these this week?
16:24 <vorlon> acl: JawnSmith
16:24 <JawnSmith> sure
16:24 <vorlon> and there are 3 others above the cutline but I believe everyone has at least one so I'll stop there
16:25 <bdmurray> Thanks vorlon
16:26 <bdmurray> #topic Release Incoming Bugs
16:26 <bdmurray> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-hh-incoming-bug-tasks.html#foundations-bugs
16:27 <bdmurray> bug 1799550
16:27 <ubottu> bug 1799550 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "No way to encrypt at partition level (dual boot) " [Wishlist,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1799550
16:30 <vorlon> doesn't really fit the roadmap for hirsute to work on this
16:31 <bdmurray> okay, so we'll tag it rls-hh-notfixing
16:32 <bdmurray> bug 1907228
16:32 <ubottu> bug 1907228 in python-certbot-dns-rfc2136 (Ubuntu) "dnspython is outdated, causes other packages fail in tests" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1907228
16:32 <bdmurray> there's already a card for this so it just needs targetting I guess
16:33 <bdmurray> the same with the whoopsie bug
16:33 <bdmurray> bug 1910255
16:33 <ubottu> bug 1910255 in gnutls28 (Ubuntu Groovy) "autopkgtest fails due to an expired certificate" [Low,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1910255
16:34 <bdmurray> so because there is an ubuntu diff we'll need to merge the new gnutls28 correct?
16:34 <xnox> i can do gnutls thing
16:34 <bdmurray> okay, do you want a card for it?
16:35 <juliank> gnutls 3.7.0-5 is ready for merging now :)
16:36 <xnox> yes.
16:36 <bdmurray> okay, I'll make it
16:36 <xnox> i don't trust them >_< =)
16:36 <bdmurray> bug 1907850
16:36 <ubottu> bug 1907850 in apt (Ubuntu) "Cache not generated for all translations" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1907850
16:36 <juliank> Oh yeah, wanna take
16:36 <xnox> plus it was RC buggy a bit in debian, not sure if that was resolved. including symbols versions.....
16:36 <juliank> It's supposed to work
16:36 <juliank> xnox: I'm happy with the gnutls update now, but it took a while to get there :)
16:37 <bdmurray> It looks like there is already a card so it just needs targetting.
16:37 <bdmurray> Nothing for rls-gg
16:38 <tdaitx> waveform: vorlon: oh, I investigated sonic-pi in the past, it fails with XRUNs in jackd in our infra, but passes on debian... I tried giving it more buffer and some other jackd tricks, but it didn't go away completely (just less likely), the way it is setup it is highly dependent on infra load and ours is usually pretty loaded up... only thing I didn't try was to try letting it schedule jackd with realtime prio
16:39 <waveform> tdaitx, I had a feeling it might be something like that (sonic-pi is verrrry timing sensitive, unsurprisingly)
16:39 <bdmurray> #topic AOB
16:39 <bdmurray> Any thing else?
16:40 <bdmurray> Alright thanks everybody!
16:40 <bdmurray> #endmeeting