16:03 <rbasak> #startmeeting ubuntu-server
16:03 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue Dec 20 16:03:03 2016 UTC.  The chair is rbasak. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:03 <meetingology> 
16:03 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:03 <jgrimm> no worries
16:03 <rbasak> #topic Review ACTION points from previous meeting
16:03 <rbasak> Nothing here.
16:03 <jgrimm> \o/
16:03 <rbasak> #topic Development Release
16:03 <rbasak> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZestyZapus/ReleaseSchedule
16:03 <rbasak> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-z-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
16:04 <rbasak> "Active work that may need wider communication"
16:04 <rbasak> Anything to discuss?
16:04 <jgrimm> nothing new there at all
16:04 <rbasak> #topic Server & Cloud Bugs & SRU/Pending Uploads (caribou)
16:04 <rbasak> caribou: o/
16:04 <caribou> \o
16:05 * caribou getting the SRU list ready if you can wait a minute
16:06 <caribou> LP: #1447715 - dhclient -6: Can't bind to dhcp address: Cannot assign requested address
16:06 <caribou> - Series to SRU : xenial
16:06 <caribou> - Owners : Dan Streetman
16:06 <caribou> LP: #1452202 - ubuntu preseed install fails to set a hostname
16:06 <caribou> - Series to SRU : xenial
16:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1447715 in ifupdown (Ubuntu Xenial) "dhclient -6: Can't bind to dhcp address: Cannot assign requested address" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1447715
16:06 <caribou> - Owners : Eric Desrochers
16:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1452202 in netcfg (Debian) "ubuntu preseed install fails to set a hostname" [Unknown,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1452202
16:06 <caribou> LP: #1579609 - os-prober bug resulting in possible FS corruption
16:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1579609 in os-prober (Ubuntu Xenial) "os-prober bug resulting in possible FS corruption" [Critical,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1579609
16:06 <caribou> - Series to SRU : xenial
16:06 <caribou> - Owners : Eric Desrochers
16:06 <caribou> LP: #1621340 - [SRU]'multipath -r' causes /dev/mapper/<wwid> being removed
16:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1621340 in multipath-tools (Ubuntu Xenial) "[SRU]'multipath -r' causes /dev/mapper/<wwid> being removed" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1621340
16:07 <caribou> - Series to SRU : yakkety xenial
16:07 <caribou> - Owners : Unowned Hua Zhang
16:07 <caribou> LP: #1640382 - Segfault event notifier because of race condition
16:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1640382 in Ubuntu Cloud Archive "Segfault event notifier because of race condition" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1640382
16:07 <caribou> - Series to SRU : trusty
16:07 <caribou> - Owners : Seyeong Kim
16:07 <caribou> LP: #1640676 - [SRU] libvirt 1.2.12 live-migration corrupts some instances
16:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1640676 in libvirt (Ubuntu Trusty) "[SRU] libvirt 1.2.12 live-migration corrupts some instances" [High,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1640676
16:07 <caribou> - Series to SRU : trusty
16:07 <caribou> - Owners : Unowned
16:07 <caribou> LP: #1642903 - introduce disk/by-id (model_serial) symlinks for NVMe drives
16:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1642903 in systemd (Ubuntu Trusty) "introduce disk/by-id (model_serial) symlinks for NVMe drives" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1642903
16:07 <caribou> - Series to SRU : trusty
16:07 <caribou> - Owners : Unowned
16:07 <caribou> LP: #1648901 - SPNEGO crash on mechanism failure
16:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1648901 in krb5 (Ubuntu Xenial) "SPNEGO crash on mechanism failure" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1648901
16:07 <caribou> - Series to SRU : xenial
16:07 <caribou> - Owners : Eric Desrochers
16:08 * caribou is going to revisit the SRU list script to make it less bulky
16:08 <rbasak> I suggest just listing the package names if the goal is to prevent duplicate work/collisions on upload.
16:08 <rbasak> Maybe that list would be easier for people to remember, and they can always contact you with more details if needed (or look at Launchpad)
16:08 <caribou> rbasak: good idea
16:09 <caribou> minor tweak anyway
16:09 <rbasak> caribou: thank you for the list though! Do you have anything else for us? Any questions for caribou?
16:09 <jgrimm> nope. thanks caribou
16:09 <rbasak> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (powersj)
16:09 <rbasak> powersj: o/
16:09 <smoser> caribou, you'll push on someone to sru team for cloudsigma cloud-init ?
16:10 <smoser> bah /me types too slow
16:10 <caribou> smoser: did already but didn't get any thing back
16:10 <rbasak> The SRU team is mostly likely to be on vacation until January now.
16:10 <smoser> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cloud-init/+bug/1648380
16:10 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1648380 in cloud-init (Ubuntu Yakkety) "cloud-init fails to find CloudSigma datasource with cloud-init 0.7.8-1-g3705bb5-0ubuntu1" [High,Confirmed]
16:10 <smoser> well, it'd be good imo to get that into -proposed
16:10 <caribou> problem with this one is that, once SRUed, it still requires an image respin
16:10 <smoser> and also a cloud-init in yakkety -proposed with same fixes.
16:11 <powersj> howdy - short week did lots of bug triage, and continue to get tests happy again with yakkety containers. Still waiting on update from IS on that. Want to work with smoser to get my merge accepted for cloud-init, otherwise, bug triage and getting some small tests written.
16:11 <smoser> caribou, well, for them, they're using an old image as it is, so upgrade will work now (where before it would not i think) and yeah, they need a new image, but have to get into sru first.
16:11 <smoser> powersj, yeah, i want to get the tests in
16:11 <rbasak> Thanks powersj! Any questions for powersj?
16:12 <rbasak> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee)
16:12 <rbasak> smb doesn't appear to be here.
16:12 <cpaelzer> rbasak: smb is out alreay
16:12 <rbasak> OK, thanks.
16:13 <rbasak> #topic Upcoming Call For Papers
16:13 <rbasak> Anything coming up?
16:13 <rbasak> #topic Ubuntu Server Team Events
16:13 <rbasak> Nothing of note I think.
16:14 <rbasak> #topic Open Discussion
16:14 <rbasak> Anything else to discuss?
16:14 <rbasak> #topic Announce next meeting date, time and chair
16:14 <jgrimm> probably last mtg of the year?
16:14 <smoser> i think so.
16:14 <rbasak> Yeah there'll be no point having one next week.
16:15 <jgrimm> anyone disagree?
16:15 <jgrimm> tho you'd probably be the only one here. :)
16:15 <rbasak> So the next meeting will be on Tuesday 3 January, 1600 UTC. gaughen will chair.
16:15 <rbasak> Thanks all!
16:15 <rbasak> #endmeeting