16:01 <smoser> #startmeeting ubuntu-server-team
16:01 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue Dec 13 16:01:43 2016 UTC.  The chair is smoser. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:01 <meetingology> 
16:01 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:01 <smoser> #topic Review ACTION points from previous meeting
16:02 <smoser> there appear to be no action points from last meeting per https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting
16:02 <jgrimm> \o/
16:02 <smoser> so... DONE!
16:02 <smoser> #topic Zesty Development
16:02 <smoser> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZestyZapus/ReleaseSchedule
16:03 <jgrimm> #link https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-z-server-core
16:03 <nacc> (late) o/
16:03 <smoser> hm... we should add that link to https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-z-server-core
16:03 <smoser> bah
16:03 <smoser> to
16:03 <smoser> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting/IRCCommands
16:04 * smoser does this.
16:04 <jgrimm> merges are proceeding nicely, with folks picking up new merge work
16:04 <jgrimm> smoser, +1 thanks
16:05 <smoser> jgrimm, was there something you wanted to say there ?
16:05 <smoser> we have lots of stuff in  progrwss it looks like, which is good.
16:05 <jgrimm> smoser, just wanted to point out the progress
16:05 <smoser> alright. then http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-z-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
16:06 <jgrimm> which indeed is very good, compared to where we often are at this stage of the cycle
16:06 <smoser> The top one on that list is mine, and is now fixed in zesty.
16:06 <smoser> anyone want to comment on others ?
16:06 * smoser will go ahead and fix the second one there too today
16:06 <jgrimm> smoser, thanks.  nothing else particularly interesting there
16:06 <nacc> python-django is inprogress, fixed
16:08 <smoser> #topic Server & Cloud Bugs & SRU/Pending Uploads (caribou)
16:08 <caribou> Outstanding SRUs :
16:08 <caribou> LP: #1447715 - dhclient -6: Can't bind to dhcp address: Cannot assign requested address
16:08 <caribou> - Series to SRU : xenial
16:08 <caribou> - Owners : Dan Streetman
16:08 <caribou> LP: #1452202 - ubuntu preseed install fails to set a hostname
16:08 <caribou> - Series to SRU : xenial
16:08 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1447715 in ifupdown (Ubuntu Xenial) "dhclient -6: Can't bind to dhcp address: Cannot assign requested address" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1447715
16:08 <caribou> - Owners : Eric Desrochers
16:08 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1452202 in netcfg (Debian) "ubuntu preseed install fails to set a hostname" [Unknown,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1452202
16:08 <caribou> LP: #1579609 - os-prober bug resulting in possible FS corruption
16:08 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1579609 in os-prober (Ubuntu Xenial) "os-prober bug resulting in possible FS corruption" [Critical,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1579609
16:08 <caribou> - Series to SRU : xenial
16:08 <caribou> - Owners : Eric Desrochers
16:08 <caribou> LP: #1621340 - [SRU]'multipath -r' causes /dev/mapper/<wwid> being removed
16:08 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1621340 in multipath-tools (Ubuntu Xenial) "[SRU]'multipath -r' causes /dev/mapper/<wwid> being removed" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1621340
16:08 <caribou> - Series to SRU : xenial
16:08 <caribou> - Owners : Hua Zhang
16:08 <caribou> LP: #1634304 - Unable to complete install: 'Couldn't find hvm kernel for Ubuntu tree
16:08 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1634304 in virt-manager (Ubuntu Yakkety) "Unable to complete install: 'Couldn't find hvm kernel for Ubuntu tree" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1634304
16:08 <caribou> - Series to SRU : xenial yakkety
16:08 <caribou> - Owners : Tyler Hicks
16:08 <caribou> LP: #1640275 - move nvme driver to linux-image
16:08 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1640275 in linux (Ubuntu Trusty) "move nvme driver to linux-image" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1640275
16:08 <caribou> - Series to SRU : trusty
16:08 <caribou> - Owners : Dan Streetman
16:08 <caribou> LP: #1640382 - Segfault event notifier because of race condition
16:08 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1640382 in qemu (Ubuntu Trusty) "Segfault event notifier because of race condition" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1640382
16:09 <caribou> - Series to SRU : trusty
16:09 <caribou> - Owners : Seyeong Kim
16:09 <caribou> LP: #1640676 - [SRU] libvirt 1.2.12 live-migration corrupts some instances
16:09 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1640676 in libvirt (Ubuntu Trusty) "[SRU] libvirt 1.2.12 live-migration corrupts some instances" [High,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1640676
16:09 <caribou> - Series to SRU : trusty
16:09 <caribou> - Owners : Unowned
16:09 <caribou> LP: #1642903 - introduce disk/by-id (model_serial) symlinks for NVMe drives
16:09 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1642903 in systemd (Ubuntu Trusty) "introduce disk/by-id (model_serial) symlinks for NVMe drives" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1642903
16:09 <caribou> - Series to SRU : xenial trusty yakkety
16:09 <caribou> - Owners : Unowned
16:09 <caribou> Some of them are awaiting verification
16:09 <caribou> other than that, thanks to smoser for helping out with the CloudSigma issue
16:09 <smoser> caribou, that is now fixed in zesty
16:09 <cpaelzer> I can confirm that libvirt and qemu ones are in verification step by the STS drivers, thanks to all of them
16:10 <caribou> smoser: yes, I saw that. Need the SRU to X & a respin of the image
16:10 <smoser> and we can/should sru it to xenial/yakkety. my plan is at the moment to wait on the other upload that is currently in the proposed queue.
16:10 <smoser> anything else ?
16:10 <powersj> I cleaned out htop, iotop, and nicstat defects as a part of the MIR process. Have small list to consider for Trusty, but odds are the work required to SRU is too great.
16:10 <caribou> no
16:10 <caribou> (nothing else)
16:11 <smoser> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (powersj)
16:11 <powersj> Jenkins is now running daily builds and unittests of tot/master for simplestreams, cloud-init, and curtin. cloud-init integration tests are now run against proposed when a package exists for xenial and yakkety. The integration tests have been proposed as a merge, still pending.
16:11 <powersj> Updated baremeal slaves to have lxd use zfs as a backend and updated pylxd to version 2.1.3. Run times for integration tests dropped from 50 min to 12 min. Continued struggles with getting the power8 system up and running; currently waiting on a firewall change.
16:11 <powersj> Working to get Xenial based VM slaves to replace  our Trusty VMs. Taking the time to also automate the deployment of dependencies as well and try to use distro python packages over pip whenever possible during the transition.
16:11 <powersj> questions? comments?
16:12 <cpaelzer> here
16:12 <smoser> powersj, nice work there.
16:12 <jgrimm> dropped from 50 min to 12 min
16:12 <cpaelzer> FYI I added a tight redo live migration loop to the migration tests
16:12 <jgrimm> powersj, nice^^
16:12 <powersj> thx
16:12 <cpaelzer> so far they all work fine
16:12 <cpaelzer> IBM retracted their bug report that caused me to add those, but I thought we might as well keep them
16:13 * smoser tried pylxd in a virtual env and realized it has C python dependencies :-(
16:13 <cpaelzer> now does on top all we did 10 fast migrations back+forth with load and without load so eventually 10*2*2=40
16:13 <powersj> cpaelzer: thanks for heads up
16:14 <powersj> /whois powersj
16:14 <powersj> woops
16:14 <nacc> heh
16:14 <smoser> #link https://jenkins.ubuntu.com/server/
16:14 <jgrimm> heh
16:15 <smoser> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee)
16:15 <smoser> is smb around ?
16:15 <cpaelzer> he was today at least
16:17 <cpaelzer> he is not in here
16:17 <cpaelzer> smoser: go on we can highlight him internally and if he can join he can comment later
16:18 <smoser> yeah
16:18 <jgrimm> smb, anything to report for kernel team?
16:18 <smoser> #topic Upcoming Call For Papers
16:18 <smoser> #link https://lwn.net/Calendar/Monthly/cfp/
16:18 <cpaelzer> fyi smb is about to appear
16:18 <smb> jgrimm, No nothing specific (and sorry for tunring up late)
16:20 <smoser> one related kernel thing
16:20 <smoser> that might have been brought up before
16:20 <smoser> there are now
16:20 <smoser> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-hwe-edge/4.8.0-30.32~16.04.1
16:20 <smoser> hwe-edge kernels available on xenial
16:21 <smoser> i think that is recently new. probalby better link at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-hwe-edge/
16:22 <smoser> so items on the lwn.net link there are FOSS Asia on the 20th and DjangoCon EU and PGConf India on December 312
16:22 <smoser> December 31
16:22 <smoser> moving on
16:22 <smoser> #topic Ubuntu Server Team Events
16:22 <smoser> anything here ?
16:23 <smoser> ok.
16:23 <smoser> #topic Open Discussion
16:23 <smoser> anyone have anythin here ?
16:23 <cpaelzer> I relaized I forgot in caribous section before
16:23 <jgrimm> smoser, to add to your topic of hwe-edge...
16:23 <cpaelzer> Of my assigned bugs over the last 11 days finally closing 1633207, 1546674, 1640805, 1641618, 1638329
16:23 <jgrimm> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/RollingLTSEnablementStack
16:23 <cpaelzer> IIRC 3 of them had SRU impact eventually 1633207 (Y), 1546674 (X), 1640805 (T)
16:23 <jgrimm> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/RollingLTSEnablementStack
16:23 <jgrimm> smoser, ^^ describes rolling HWE and the new edge package
16:23 <smoser> thank you jgrimm
16:24 <jgrimm> np, that's it for me
16:25 <smoser> alright.
16:25 <smoser> #topic Announce next meeting date, time and chair
16:26 <smoser> we'll see you next time at
16:26 <smoser> Tue, 20 Dec 2016 16:00:00 +0000
16:26 <smoser> with rbasak on chair
16:26 <smoser> #endmeeting