16:31 <tyhicks> #startmeeting
16:31 <meetingology> Meeting started Mon Nov 21 16:31:51 2016 UTC.  The chair is tyhicks. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:31 <meetingology> 
16:31 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:31 <mdeslaur> \o
16:31 <tyhicks> The meeting agenda can be found at:
16:32 <tyhicks> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting
16:32 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report
16:32 <tyhicks> jdstrand: you're up
16:32 <jdstrand> hey
16:33 <jdstrand> very short week this week. I'm working on the dbus interface for snappy primarily
16:34 <jdstrand> I will finish up a small PR to snap-confine
16:34 <jdstrand> and do various PR reviews
16:34 <jdstrand> if I have time, I'll start poking at network-namespace
16:34 <jdstrand> that is it from me
16:34 <jdstrand> (I'm off Wed-Fri)
16:35 <mdeslaur> I'm on community this week
16:35 <mdeslaur> I just published imagemagick updates
16:35 <mdeslaur> and I have a couple of other updates to test
16:35 <mdeslaur> and then will pick something else off the list, that's about it
16:35 <mdeslaur> hrm,
16:35 <mdeslaur> s beattie isn't here I think...who's next?
16:36 <tyhicks> me
16:36 <tyhicks> short week for me this week (off thursday and friday)
16:36 <tyhicks> I'm on cve triage
16:36 <tyhicks> I have an embargoed issue
16:37 <tyhicks> I still need to do the apparmor 14.04 SRU followups
16:37 <tyhicks> I have some ecryptfs issues to look at
16:37 <tyhicks> inode timestamps issue (LP: #1636890)
16:37 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1636890 in linux (Ubuntu) "invalid file times with overlayroot and encrypted home" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1636890
16:37 <tyhicks> crypto api usage issue
16:37 <tyhicks> and I have some work planning work to do
16:37 <tyhicks> that's it for me
16:37 <tyhicks> jjohansen: you're up
16:38 <jjohansen> I am working on bugs, upstreaming and I have an apparmor rebase for 4.9-rc7 to do
16:38 <jjohansen> I am still chasing down a couple of reference counting bugs
16:39 <tyhicks> another rebase is needed for a change this late in the cycle?
16:40 <jjohansen> and waiting for feedback on the lxc cross ns issue, and the rawdata interface, so I may endup working on those well
16:40 <jjohansen> tyhicks: yes, linus pulled in my patch to upstream changehat which breaks the patches for the ubuntu kernel
16:40 <tyhicks> jdstrand, jjohansen: I just noticed that kernel SRU bug #1634753 is needing verification in trusty
16:40 <ubottu> bug 1634753 in AppArmor "srcname from mount rule corrupted under load" [Critical,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1634753
16:40 <jjohansen> its nothing major, but I want to have the rebase ready for the kt
16:41 <tyhicks> ok
16:41 <jjohansen> tyhicks: ack I look into that
16:41 <tyhicks> hmm, that bug is going to be difficult to verify on trusty
16:41 <jjohansen> its a short week for me I am off wed - mon
16:42 <tyhicks> sarnold: you're up
16:42 <sarnold> I'm in the happy place this week
16:42 <sarnold> I'd like to finish libsmbios before the holidays
16:43 <sarnold> but I'm also working on 1642386 which feels like a higher priority (I don't know how many people are affected, but it does seem to be more than just me)
16:44 <sarnold> that's it for me, chrisccoulson?
16:44 <chrisccoulson> I've got an oxide update to get out this week
16:44 <chrisccoulson> I've also got 3 build failures I need to fix
16:45 <chrisccoulson> Other than that, I plan to make some progress on https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oxide/+spec/ubuntu-webview-implementation, which I didn't manage last week because of another bug
16:45 <chrisccoulson> That's me done
16:45 <ratliff> I'm in the happy place this week and off on Thursday and Friday
16:45 <ratliff> I am working on a number of internal communication, coordination and planning activities.
16:46 <ratliff> I am also continuing to work on my universe project as time permits. There are over 900 CVE/release combos that are marked needed or needs-triage that are noted as fixed in the debian changelog
16:47 <ratliff> back to you tyhicks
16:47 <tyhicks> thanks!
16:47 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Highlighted packages
16:47 <tyhicks> The Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.
16:47 <tyhicks> See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.
16:47 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/wine-gecko2.21.html
16:47 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/geshi.html
16:47 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/sun-javadb.html
16:47 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/libmodplug.html
16:47 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/nsd.html
16:47 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions
16:47 <tyhicks> Does anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?
16:47 <teward> Nope just want to give my quarterly applause to the Security Team for their ongoing hard work :)
16:49 <sarnold> thanks teward :)
16:50 <tyhicks> yse, thanks teward :)
16:50 <tyhicks> yes*
16:50 <tyhicks> jdstrand, mdeslaur, jjohansen, sarnold, ChrisCoulson, ratliff: Thanks!
16:50 <tyhicks> #endmeeting