16:02 <jgrimm> #startmeeting ubuntu-server-team
16:02 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue Nov 15 16:02:56 2016 UTC.  The chair is jgrimm. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:02 <meetingology> 
16:02 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:03 <jgrimm> no worries, light turnout today it looks like
16:03 <jgrimm> #topic Review ACTION points from previous meeting
16:03 <jgrimm> (jgrimm) email jamepage -> checkin with old iscsitarget users on relevancy with new kernels
16:04 <jgrimm> not done. :/   will get that sent out today so this action can finally go away
16:04 <jgrimm> (jgrimm) email to ubuntu-devel about powerpc arch future.
16:04 <jgrimm> i held off on doing this ^^  as the tech board has picked this up
16:05 <smoser> o/
16:05 <jgrimm> and is in the process of talking to powerpc interested parties to see whether they'll pick up and own burden of the work (as debian is dropping the arch)
16:06 <jgrimm> so i'm going to treat that one as done, except to watch what happens at the TB
16:06 <jgrimm> #link https://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2016/11/08/%23ubuntu-meeting-2.txt
16:07 <jgrimm> if interested ^^
16:07 <jgrimm> #topic Zesty Development
16:07 <jgrimm> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZestyZapus/ReleaseSchedule
16:08 <jgrimm> thank you for everyone that updated the blueprint and snagged workitems already
16:08 <jgrimm> #link https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-z-server-core
16:08 <jgrimm> is there anything anyone wants to discuss with zesty?
16:08 <rharper> jgrimm: that Zesty link doesn't get to a schedule for me
16:08 <jgrimm> oh
16:09 <powersj> don't think the page has been created yet
16:09 <rharper> yeah, odd
16:09 <powersj> most of the zesty pages were not up when I updated links
16:09 <rharper> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZestyZapus/DraftReleaseSchedule
16:09 <jgrimm> yeah, i assumed it would be updated by now
16:09 <jgrimm> thanks rharper
16:09 <jgrimm> anyway, back to discussion, anything?
16:10 <rharper> nothing for me
16:10 <jgrimm> a good number of merges being worked, happy to see that
16:10 <jgrimm> and i know cpaelzer has worked out plans around libvirt & qemu merges
16:11 <rharper> jgrimm: oh, the /boot work is being done by foundations (xnox has the task)  ; in particular, /boot isn't needed for lvm installs
16:11 <jgrimm> rharper, cool, we can just track it then
16:11 <rharper> bug 1639801
16:11 <ubottu> bug 1639801 in partman-auto-lvm (Ubuntu) "we should not create separate /boot partition for LVM+GRUB" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1639801
16:11 <rharper> yeah
16:11 <jgrimm> thanks!!
16:12 <xnox> rharper, done, celebrated on http://blog.surgut.co.uk/2016/11/boot-less-lvm-rootfs-in-zesty.html
16:12 <xnox> please +1 on google plus too
16:12 <rharper> xnox: \o/
16:12 <jgrimm> xnox, nice!! \o/
16:12 <xnox> rharper, info if ppc64el can boot off LVM is needed though. I am suspecting that it might be possible to enable ppc64el as well.
16:12 <xnox> i doubt that arm* with u-boot can do it, generically on all boards.
16:12 <rharper> i think if they can multipath, they should be able to lvm
16:13 <jgrimm> xnox, maybe engage folks  that hang out on #ubuntu-powerpc?
16:13 <rharper> we can certainly poke IBM for petiteboot changes if needed (it's linux anyhow)
16:13 <xnox> well, multipath is "pick any, and use readonly" they look the same.
16:13 <xnox> jgrimm, oooh, that's a thought.
16:13 <smoser> xnox, well, ppc64el boots via either grub2 or petitboot
16:13 <jgrimm> ibmers hanging out there that should know
16:13 <smoser> grub2 probably does work, id' be surprised if it had arch specific errors.
16:13 <smoser> petitboot i dont know.
16:14 <jgrimm> anything else?
16:14 <jgrimm> #subtopic Release Bugs
16:14 <jgrimm> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-z-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
16:15 <jgrimm> a couple new ones on that list that i haven't read yet
16:15 <cpaelzer> late o/ (needed all screens for a huge three way diff - sorry)
16:15 <cpaelzer> thanks jgrimm for covering me
16:16 <jgrimm> looks like they have owners, so i'll leave them alone
16:16 <jgrimm> no worres cpaelzer
16:16 <jgrimm> #topic Server & Cloud Bugs & SRU/Pending Uploads (caribou)
16:17 <jgrimm> #topic Server & Cloud Bugs & SRU/Pending Uploads (caribou)
16:17 <caribou> Active SRU list :
16:17 <caribou> LP: #1447715 - dhclient -6: Can't bind to dhcp address: Cannot assign requested address
16:17 <caribou> - Series to SRU : xenial
16:17 <caribou> LP: #1515278 - [SRU] rabbit queues should expire when unused
16:17 <caribou> - Series to SRU : trusty
16:17 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1447715 in ifupdown (Ubuntu Xenial) "dhclient -6: Can't bind to dhcp address: Cannot assign requested address" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1447715
16:17 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1515278 in oslo.messaging (Ubuntu Trusty) "[SRU] rabbit queues should expire when unused" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1515278
16:17 <caribou> LP: #1640275 - move nvme driver to linux-image
16:17 <caribou> - Series to SRU : trusty
16:17 <caribou> LP: #1640382 - Segfault event notifier because of race condition
16:17 <caribou> - Series to SRU : trusty
16:17 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1640275 in linux (Ubuntu Trusty) "move nvme driver to linux-image" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1640275
16:17 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1640382 in qemu (Ubuntu Trusty) "Segfault event notifier because of race condition" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1640382
16:17 <caribou> LP: #1640676 - libvirt 1.2.12 live-migration corrupts some instances
16:17 <caribou> - Series to SRU : trusty
16:17 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1640676 in libvirt (Ubuntu Trusty) "libvirt 1.2.12 live-migration corrupts some instances" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1640676
16:17 <caribou> these are the current SRU we have ongoing
16:17 <jgrimm> thanks caribou.  i'll give a bit for folks to digest and/or ask questions
16:17 <caribou> anything from the server team we should be aware of ?
16:18 <cpaelzer> caribou: does that mean you or the STS Team in general are looking into fixing 1640676?
16:18 <caribou> cpaelzer: I would say yes, but let me confirm
16:19 <jgrimm> nacc, rbasak, cpaelzer: any SRUs in process that STS should be aware of?
16:20 <nacc> i will have one for bind9 i think
16:20 <cpaelzer> bug 1633220 in proposed waiting for the reporter to check
16:20 <ubottu> bug 1633220 in dovecot (Ubuntu Yakkety) "Dovecot panics when sieve filter outputs much data" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1633220
16:20 <nacc> LP: #1536181
16:20 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1536181 in bind9 (Ubuntu Yakkety) "bind9-resolvconf service doesn't work" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1536181
16:20 <nacc> I just imported it last night to use the drive-by process
16:20 <cpaelzer> bug 1640805 waiting for spnsoring into Trusty
16:20 <ubottu> bug 1640805 in sssd (Ubuntu) "SSSD authentication fails after upgrade to 1.11.8-0ubuntu0.2" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1640805
16:21 <caribou> cpaelzer: I'll come back to you on LP: #1640676
16:21 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1640676 in libvirt (Ubuntu Trusty) "libvirt 1.2.12 live-migration corrupts some instances" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1640676
16:21 <jgrimm> I need to get back to this one, fixed in debian, so will see if it can be SRU'd: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/postfix/+bug/1595096
16:21 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1595096 in postfix (Ubuntu Xenial) "cannot create multi postfix instance by postmulti command" [Undecided,New]
16:21 <cpaelzer> caribou: I might be EOD in a bit but happy to read whatever you find on it tomorrow morning in my log then - thank you
16:21 <jgrimm> anyone else?
16:22 <caribou> cpaelzer: sure, no worry
16:22 <jgrimm> moving along, thanks folks
16:23 <jgrimm> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (powersj)
16:23 <powersj> Continued work on cloud-init integration, have actual tests running on our jenkins. Will add more tests for more modules this week.  Otherwise a bit of work with cpaelzer on qemu/libvirt live migration and "hardening" of jenkins jobs some are a little fragile
16:23 <cpaelzer> and work on the s390x node
16:23 <jgrimm> #link https://jenkins.ubuntu.com/server/
16:23 <powersj> ah yes cpaelzer thank you!
16:24 <powersj> although tests don't seem happy there, so we will talk thursday
16:24 <jgrimm> questions for powersj?
16:24 <jgrimm> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee)
16:25 <jgrimm> moving on
16:25 <jgrimm> #topic Upcoming Call For Papers
16:25 <jgrimm> #link https://lwn.net/Calendar/Monthly/cfp/
16:26 <jgrimm> nothing
16:26 <jgrimm> #topic Ubuntu Server Team Events
16:27 <jgrimm> #link http://summit.ubuntu.com/
16:27 <jgrimm> ^^ going on now
16:27 <jgrimm> of possible interest to folks is the git-based workflow session by nacc & rbasak
16:28 <jgrimm> #link http://summit.ubuntu.com/uos-1611/meeting/22710/git-based-merge-workflow/
16:28 <powersj> that is in 90mins?
16:28 <nacc> yeah
16:28 <powersj> sweet
16:28 <jgrimm> Yes, 1800 UTC
16:29 <rharper> date -d "18:00 UTC"
16:29 <jgrimm> #topic Open Discussion
16:29 <jgrimm> cloud-init SRU status?
16:29 <jgrimm> smoser, ^^
16:30 <smoser> jgrimm, i pinged slangasek .. hoping to talk to him today
16:30 <jgrimm> pinged meaning its ready to go? or needing to discuss yet?
16:30 <smoser> rharper and i think that it shoudl be fine, but wanted to see what issues slangasek saw, or what he wnated me to do.
16:31 <rharper> it's ready
16:31 <jgrimm> ok good, that one's hot.
16:31 <jgrimm> other open discussion?
16:31 <smoser> i'm fairly sure we do not regress anything. the only thing would be a system with cloud-init and systemd-networkd which probably didnt work that well already.
16:32 <rharper> powersj: I propose we look at figuring out some systemcd unit ordering tests; smoser and I have a few scenarios that we can describe
16:32 <jgrimm> smoser, but that sounds like a follow-up bug then?
16:32 <rharper> jgrimm: the bug is already open
16:32 <jgrimm> ok, good.
16:32 <rharper> there is an upstream issue with networkd and dbus
16:32 <jgrimm> ack, i know that one
16:32 <rharper> we might see if pitti wants to branch that separate issue off from cloud-init related
16:32 <powersj> rharper: will you send me bug # so I can get context
16:33 <rharper> it turns out that networkd wasn't fully baked w.r.t running super early (ie before dbus.service )
16:33 <rharper> powersj: yes, on sec
16:33 <rharper> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1636912
16:33 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1636912 in systemd (Ubuntu Xenial) "systemd-networkd runs too late for cloud-init.service (net)" [High,Triaged]
16:33 <smoser> http://pad.ubuntu.com/tMdgYGEvgL <-- has more ifno
16:33 <powersj> thank you
16:33 <rharper> there's quite a bit in there
16:33 <rharper> but the last update from pitti I think captures what remains
16:34 <jgrimm> thanks folks
16:34 <jgrimm> any other discussion
16:35 <jgrimm> #topic Announce next meeting date, time and chair
16:36 <jgrimm> same time/channel.  as beisner has a standing conflict will move on to next
16:36 <jgrimm> will be thedac or possibly cpaelzer
16:37 <jgrimm> as its possible thedac has the same conflict as beisner
16:37 <beisner> thanks jgrimm
16:37 <jgrimm> np sir
16:37 <jgrimm> #endmeeting