15:02 <slangasek> #startmeeting
15:02 <meetingology> Meeting started Thu Oct 20 15:02:01 2016 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
15:02 <meetingology> 
15:02 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
15:02 <slangasek> [TOPIC] Lightning round
15:03 <slangasek> $ echo $(shuf -e barry doko bdmurray slangasek caribou infinity sil2100 robru cyphermox pitti tdaitx xnox chiluk mwhudson)
15:03 <slangasek> barry infinity tdaitx slangasek robru doko mwhudson chiluk sil2100 bdmurray pitti xnox cyphermox caribou
15:03 <slangasek> barry!
15:03 <bdmurray> I'm not here
15:03 <barry> i knew it!  the one day i'm not quite ready ;)
15:03 <pitti> did you sort by age now? :-)
15:03 <barry> beard length
15:03 <tdaitx> barry, been there =)
15:03 <caribou> pitti: I'd come first
15:04 <barry> well, let's see if i can do it on the fly
15:04 <barry> LP: #1634557
15:04 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1634557 in Ubuntu Image "The writable partition is corrupted using the latest ubuntu-image(0.8 )" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1634557
15:04 <barry> working on the ubuntu-image 0.8 and 0.9 releases + sru request and exemption.  also working on autopkgtests for proving the images are mountable
15:05 <barry> pyparsing 2.1.10+dfsg-1, virtualenv discussions
15:05 <barry> debian bug #840084
15:05 <ubottu> Debian bug 840084 in python-virtualenv "python-virtualenv: “Multiple .dist-info directories” when creating virtualenv" [Normal,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/840084
15:05 <sil2100> o/
15:05 <barry> LP: #1631156
15:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1631156 in Ubuntu Image "flake8.extension entry point has global ramifications" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1631156
15:05 <barry> LP: #1594794
15:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1594794 in Snapcraft "Embedded version required in snapcraft.yaml" [Wishlist,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1594794
15:05 <barry> tox 2.4.1-1
15:05 <barry> LP: #1633501
15:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1633501 in Ubuntu Image "Better handling of version numbers" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1633501
15:06 <barry> LP: #1632085
15:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1632085 in Ubuntu Image "Support "fudge factor" for file system sizing" [Wishlist,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1632085
15:06 <barry> LP: #1632134
15:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1632134 in Ubuntu Image "/etc files are missing from the image" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1632134
15:06 <barry> LP: #1631961
15:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1631961 in Ubuntu Image "Cannot build ubuntu-image snap" [Critical,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1631961
15:06 <barry> u-i coverage branch
15:06 <barry> --done--
15:07 <slangasek> no infinity, so tdaitx:
15:07 <tdaitx> = OpenJDK Updates
15:07 <tdaitx> * Updated OpenJDK 8 to 8u102 and applied security updates to it; moved to 8u111 as it got released
15:07 <tdaitx> * Added autopkgtest to it
15:07 <tdaitx> * Cleaned up mauve and cacao as those projects are mostly dead and we haven't been building using either since some time ago
15:07 <tdaitx> * Disabled armhf tests as they were getting stuck (running for 36+ hours, BTW, does launchpad mishandle "days" in a build? It only says (X mod 24) hours)
15:07 <tdaitx> * Backporting patches to OpenJDK 7
15:07 <tdaitx> = jck
15:07 <tdaitx> * Added avahi/nss-msdns to handle reverse dns between jenkins nodes; vxlan also works and is great to stitch together lxd containers on the same network
15:07 <tdaitx> * ppc64el/arm64 nodes are indeed running on a separated network from amd64 nodes, waiting for IS to either move all of them to the same region (or allow communication between them)
15:07 <tdaitx> = Other
15:07 <tdaitx> * Daylight savings started last weekend (UTC-02:00 now)
15:07 <tdaitx> (done)
15:09 <slangasek> * yay release!
15:09 <slangasek> * everybody feeling zesty?
15:09 <slangasek> * discussions around future POWER work
15:09 <slangasek> * discussions around autopkgtest reporting
15:09 <slangasek> * update on Core sprint is that there's still no update (but should be soon)
15:09 <slangasek> * getting my merges in early in the cycle
15:09 <slangasek> * SRU reviews, SRU exception approval for ubuntu-image
15:09 <slangasek> * discussions on -release about future configuration of -proposed
15:09 <slangasek> * ubuntu-image: bugfixes (LP: #1634557), planning out future work
15:09 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1634557 in Ubuntu Image "The writable partition is corrupted using the latest ubuntu-image(0.8 )" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1634557
15:09 <slangasek> * updated kernels on a bunch of systems and rebooted (CVE-2016-5195)
15:09 <ubottu> ** RESERVED ** This candidate has been reserved by an organization or individual that will use it when announcing a new security problem.  When the candidate has been publicized, the details for this candidate will be provided. (http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2016-5195)
15:09 <slangasek> (done)
15:10 <robru> britney2-ubuntu:
15:10 <robru> * several iterations towards grouping packages by source ppa copied from
15:10 <robru> lp:bileto
15:10 <robru> * opened zesty
15:10 <robru> * implemented support for triggering ubuntu system tests (just waiting for production creds)
15:10 <robru> * use uuidgen instead of uuid
15:10 <robru> * various minor cleanups and maintenance
15:10 <robru> various wikis:
15:10 <robru> * migrated lots of old ci train deployment docs to bileto deployment docs
15:10 <robru> (done)
15:10 <slangasek> tdaitx: (X mod 24) hours - heh, I haven't noticed that before; file a bug on LP?
15:11 <slangasek> doko:
15:11 <doko> - toolchain updates for zesty opening
15:11 <doko> - merged GCC Linaro 2016.10
15:11 <doko> - finished evaluation of Linaro test rebuild
15:11 <doko> - openjdk-8 update, openjdk-9 update
15:11 <doko> (done)
15:11 <slangasek> chiluk:
15:11 <chiluk> Not much from me today.  The only thing you guys would care about is the initramfs-tools stuff that cyphermox and slangasek already know about.
15:12 <chiluk> -done-
15:12 <cyphermox> you said the i word.
15:12 <sil2100> On the closing plenaries, but:
15:12 <sil2100> - Sprinting this week in Hague, meetings, discussions, sessions, plenaries * Not much time for real work, meetings meetings
15:12 <sil2100> - Landing team work, silo coordination, preparing landing e-mails
15:12 <sil2100> - Working on the snap integration in Bileto specification
15:12 <sil2100> - Working on the general release process for Ubuntu Personal
15:12 <sil2100> - Some finishing touches to the landing-team-tools snap
15:12 <sil2100> - Batch binary copying from yakkety-overlay to zesty
15:12 <sil2100> (done)
15:13 <slangasek> bdmurray is also sprinting so maybe skip
15:13 <slangasek> pitti:
15:14 <pitti> autopkgtest:
15:14 <pitti> - Fix result collisions when tests finish at exact same second (#1571353)
15:14 <pitti> - Fix virt-qemu for user/password logins on ttyS0 (#1630963)
15:14 <pitti> - Install credentials for snapcraft upstream tests
15:14 <pitti> - Provide request.cgi based GitHub test retry script (to avoid limiting this to infrastructure maintainers)
15:14 <pitti> - Rework retry-autopkgtest-regressions script to use request.cgi instead of snakefruit ssh access
15:14 <pitti> - Rewrite tool to seed passed results from current into next release; previous version was way too slow (multiple days) and crash prone
15:14 <pitti> - Adjust proxy rules for changed firewall rules
15:14 <pitti> - Add --capability option to ssh runner, to be able to run linux test with qemu+ssh
15:14 <pitti> - Do not include time for tmpfail retries in result runtimes (#1631262)
15:14 <pitti> - Build scalingstack images/containers and other setup for zesty
15:14 <pitti> - Review https://code.launchpad.net/~robru/britney/+git/britney2-ubuntu/+merge/307995 for teaching PPA landing support to britney; still needs some work (ongoing)
15:14 <pitti> britney:
15:14 <pitti> - Rebase to Debian master, to shrink our diff (some of our patches got applied upstream)
15:14 <pitti> - Generalize "Policy" code to allow implementing autopkgtests as a proper Policy; this should also be a step towards robru's PPA landing support
15:14 <pitti> distro:
15:15 <pitti> - lots of release engineering and testing for yakkety, and some distro bits for zestry (#1634235)
15:15 <pitti> - docker.io: debug autopkgtest failure with mwhudson, works now
15:15 <pitti> - merges: libkipi, debhelper; some syncs
15:15 <pitti> - netplan: Add support for manually specified name servers (#1626617)
15:15 <pitti> - NetworkManager: Port our "read connections and config from /run" patches to 1.4 and forward upstream
15:15 <pitti> - systemd: Fix change notification regression (#1632964), fix search domains with networkd in xenial (#1635256)
15:15 <pitti> - Fix remaining issues of indicator systemd-ification landing (ongoing, but making good progress)
15:15 <pitti> - Migrate from pkg-create-dbgsym to debhelper (#1623256) (ongoing)
15:15 <pitti> misc:
15:15 <pitti> - ddeb-retriever: Battle with LP timeouts on getting zesty publications; cjwatson/wgrant are landing a Launchpad fix, so hopefully ddebs should appear in the next days
15:15 <pitti> - Investigate linux test that completely kills the kernel/testbed (#1632252)
15:15 <pitti> (END)
15:15 <pitti> sorry for the length -- I guess I should get a hobby or so :)
15:15 <doko> I thought that was the french ...
15:16 <pitti> je ne prends plus des leçons ..
15:17 <pitti> xnox: ?
15:18 <pitti> cyphermox:
15:18 <cyphermox> sowwy
15:18 <cyphermox> - preparing & testing the new shim and grub2 update to go with it
15:18 <cyphermox> - sponsored d-i SRU for preseed change (bug LP: #1452202)
15:18 <cyphermox> - new golang-go.crypto snapshot for juju-core (bug LP: #1634609)
15:18 <cyphermox> - initramfs-tools reverts of the ipv6 code (LP: #1631474)
15:18 <sil2100> xnox is on the sprint as well
15:18 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1452202 in debian-installer (Ubuntu Xenial) "ubuntu preseed install fails to set a hostname" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1452202
15:19 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1634609 in golang-go.crypto (Ubuntu Zesty) "de-vendorize golang-go.crypto from juju-core" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1634609
15:19 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1631474 in initramfs-tools (Ubuntu Zesty) "No networking with initramfs-tools 0.122ubuntu8.3 and ip=dhcp boot option" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1631474
15:19 <cyphermox> - reworking initramfs-tools IPv6 magic
15:19 <cyphermox> + testing in a PPA, various VMs and hardware
15:19 <cyphermox> - setting up a half-proper MAAS server at home to test remote rootfs
15:19 <cyphermox> - various juju / packaging discussions with balloons
15:19 <cyphermox> - probert bugfix for snappy
15:19 <cyphermox> - reviewed subiquity PRs for mwhudson
15:20 <slangasek> cyphermox: done?
15:20 <cyphermox> yes done!
15:20 <caribou> Bugfix:
15:20 <caribou> Slow SSH login
15:20 <caribou> - Still under investigation with LP: #1591411
15:20 <caribou> - Unable to reproduce using ssh loops
15:20 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1591411 in dbus (Ubuntu Xenial) "systemd-logind must be restarted every ~1000 SSH logins to prevent a ~25 second delay" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1591411
15:20 <caribou> Development:
15:20 <caribou> makedumpfile not working on kernel 4.8 (LP: #1626269)
15:20 <caribou> - Still under investigation, bisecting 4.7 -> 4.8-rc1
15:20 <ubottu> Error: Could not gather data from Launchpad for bug #1626269 (https://launchpad.net/bugs/1626269). The error has been logged
15:20 <caribou> Meetings
15:20 <caribou> ☑ Done
15:23 <slangasek> cyphermox: what's the status of the shim update, then? testing going well?
15:23 <cyphermox> yep, testing is well, we should talk about whether we want to clean up the ESP's old MokManager too though
15:27 <slangasek> cyphermox: under the old name?  hmm, +1 for cleaning that up on upgrade
15:27 <slangasek> (with a version check in postinst)
15:27 <cyphermox> yeah, that was my thought. so that will still be missing
15:27 <slangasek> ok
15:27 <slangasek> any other questions?
15:27 <sil2100> Good here
15:27 <slangasek> [TOPIC] AOB
15:28 <slangasek> and anything else that's not a question? :)
15:28 <cyphermox> so you already mentioned the core sprint, no update
15:28 <barry> i'd love to get a summary about the sprint once folks get home and decompress
15:28 <slangasek> cyphermox: yes - no change to dates, just some administrative hold-up, we're still "on track" just finalizing later than we would like
15:29 <cyphermox> well, we still haven't had a go to book stuff?
15:29 <slangasek> cyphermox: correct
15:29 <cyphermox> ack
15:29 <slangasek> you'll know when you have an event code :)
15:29 <bdmurray> the calendar has a code
15:29 <slangasek> I assume we'll be told we have an 8 hour window in which to book, otherwise we're late and get nag mails ;-)
15:30 <cyphermox> well, the only other thing from me is that I'm about damn ready to sell my condo, the government sprung some new financing rules that might make that more difficult, but who knows.
15:30 <pitti> that doesn't depend on where we go for the sprint, does it?
15:30 <slangasek> cyphermox: were you right on the border?  is the government eminent domaining it to build a wall
15:31 <cyphermox> nope.
15:31 <mdeslaur> lol
15:31 <cyphermox> ;)
15:31 <cyphermox> but for those who want to move to Canada... ;)
15:31 <slangasek> my neighbors just went on a Canadian Atlantic cruise
15:32 <slangasek> I told them about http://cbiftrumpwins.com/ before they went
15:32 <tdaitx> maybe it *was* a 1 way ticket...
15:32 <cyphermox> I'm not sure about broadband in Cape Breton...
15:33 <bdmurray> slangasek: the neighbors I know?
15:33 <slangasek> tdaitx: they're back now, but they sent a lovely postcard telling us they were shopping for real estate
15:33 <slangasek> bdmurray: yes ;)
15:34 <barry> in case of a win or a loss
15:34 <slangasek> #endmeeting