16:30 <tyhicks> #startmeeting
16:30 <meetingology> Meeting started Mon Oct  3 16:30:51 2016 UTC.  The chair is tyhicks. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:30 <meetingology> 
16:30 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:30 <mdeslaur> \o
16:30 <tyhicks> The meeting agenda can be found at:
16:31 <tyhicks> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting
16:31 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Announcements
16:31 <tyhicks> Simon Quigley provided a debdiff for xenial for kde-cli-tools (LP: #1629145)
16:31 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1629145 in kde-cli-tools (Ubuntu) "Fix CVE-2016-7787" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1629145
16:31 <tyhicks> Thank you for your assistance in keeping Ubuntu users secure! :)
16:31 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report
16:31 <tyhicks> jdstrand: you're up
16:31 <jdstrand> hi
16:31 <jdstrand> last week was mostly about snappy PR reviews, particularly around snap declarations (but there were others). Various updates to the review tools in preparation for snap declarations
16:31 <jdstrand> this week I plan to work on:
16:31 <jdstrand> snap declarations PR reviews
16:31 <jdstrand> defining the base declaration in support of snap declarations
16:31 <jdstrand> updating the review tools for snap declarations
16:31 <jdstrand> fixing click-apparmor/apparmor-easyprof-ubuntu autopkgtests now that click is fixed in yakkety
16:31 <jdstrand> im-config upload to xenial-proposed
16:32 <jdstrand> (snap declarations are critically important for snapd atm)
16:32 <jdstrand> that's it for me. mdeslaur you're up
16:32 <mdeslaur> I'm on bug triage this week
16:32 <mdeslaur> I'm currently working on php updates
16:32 <mdeslaur> and I have short weeks this week and next week
16:33 <mdeslaur> haven't decided yet what update I'll do after php
16:33 <mdeslaur> that's it from me, sbeattie
16:33 <sbeattie> I'm on cve triage this week
16:34 <sbeattie> I need to do a followup systemd update
16:34 <sbeattie> I have some apparmor tasks to do (some bug triage etc)
16:34 <sbeattie> I'll try to pick up another update this week as well.
16:34 <sbeattie> that's probably it for me. tyhicks?
16:35 <tyhicks> I'm in the happy place again this week
16:35 <tyhicks> I need to do some SRU verification (LP: #1580463) (LP: #1614215)
16:35 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1580463 in im-config (Ubuntu Xenial) "Snap blocks access to system input methods (ibus, fcitx, ...)" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1580463
16:35 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1614215 in apparmor (Ubuntu Xenial) ""md5sums differ" message seems to indicate an install problem" [Low,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1614215
16:36 <tyhicks> I pitched in some work to help with snaps in lxd last week so now I'm back to testing my apparmor 14.04 SRU for snaps on 14.04
16:36 <tyhicks> I'll need to do some sprint prep
16:36 <tyhicks> that's all that I'll plan on this week
16:36 <tyhicks> jjohansen: you're up
16:37 <jjohansen> I have a apparmor stacking bug or two to look into this week, I need to finish up the gsettings work, and I need to work on upstreaming the apparmor kernel delta
16:38 <jjohansen> if we get to a point where we can do the 2.11 release I may help out with that as well
16:38 <tyhicks> jjohansen: we also need to backport the stacking work to xenial
16:39 <tyhicks> jjohansen: nice job on landing all the stacking work in yakkety \o/
16:39 <jjohansen> oh, okay I thought we were holding off on that for a couple weeks, to see how yakkety was
16:39 <jjohansen> but yes, could definitely work on the backport
16:39 <jjohansen> to xenial
16:39 <jjohansen> thanks
16:39 <tyhicks> jjohansen: we can hold off for a short bit but it might be easier to prepare the backport while all the code is fresh in your mind
16:40 <jjohansen> ack
16:40 <tyhicks> sarnold: go ahead
16:42 <sarnold> hey, I'm i nthe happy plkace this week, I'm resuming the ubuntu-terminal-app review today and hopefully can use standard review tools for zmqpp later on, but if it still can't be built with our tools, I'll just have to go without I guess..
16:42 <sarnold> (foundations team told me it'll all be sorted out by release day, but that sounds like no fun :)
16:43 <sarnold> after that some direction for next review would be nice, but there's no rush on it
16:43 <sarnold> that's it for me, chrisccoulson?
16:44 <chrisccoulson> This week I've got a Chromium update to test and publish. I was going to do Oxide last week, but there was another Chromium update so I'll include that in the release and do that this week too
16:44 <chrisccoulson> I'm currently investigating a firefox/trunk build failure
16:44 <chrisccoulson> I also plan to do bug 1628496 (I'm most of the way through this already)
16:44 <ubottu> bug 1628496 in Oxide "LocationBarController improvements" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1628496
16:45 <chrisccoulson> At some point this week, I want to find something to snap as well
16:45 <chrisccoulson> Other than that, it's oxide bugs as usual
16:45 <chrisccoulson> That's me done
16:45 <tyhicks> ratliff: you're up
16:45 <ratliff> I am on community this week
16:46 <ratliff> I have some design review work and some marketing work lined up for this week as well
16:46 <ratliff> I am off on Friday.
16:46 <ratliff> back to you tyhicks
16:47 <tyhicks> thanks
16:48 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Highlighted packages
16:48 <tyhicks> The Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.
16:48 <tyhicks> See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.
16:48 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/gnash.html
16:48 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/collabtive.html
16:48 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/atheme-services.html
16:48 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/lshell.html
16:48 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions
16:48 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/php-pecl-http.html
16:48 <tyhicks> Does anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?
16:50 <tyhicks> jdstrand, mdeslaur, sbeattie, jjohansen, sarnold, ChrisCoulson, ratliff: Thanks!
16:50 <tyhicks> #endmeeting