15:03 <slangasek> #startmeeting
15:03 <meetingology> Meeting started Thu Sep 29 15:03:23 2016 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
15:03 <meetingology> 
15:03 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
15:03 <slangasek> [TOPIC] lightning round
15:03 <slangasek> echo $(shuf -e barry doko bdmurray slangasek caribou infinity sil2100 robru cyphermox pitti tdaitx xnox chiluk mwhudson)
15:04 <slangasek> mwhudson slangasek sil2100 infinity robru caribou pitti xnox chiluk tdaitx cyphermox bdmurray barry doko
15:04 <slangasek> * final beta released
15:04 <cyphermox> you win
15:04 <slangasek> (done)
15:04 <slangasek> :)
15:04 <sil2100> Wow
15:04 <sil2100> Ok
15:04 <sil2100> ;)
15:04 <sil2100> - Landing team work, silo coordination, preparing landing e-mails
15:04 <sil2100> - RTM status meetings
15:04 <sil2100> - Filling an SRU for touch xenial livecd-rootfs bits
15:04 <sil2100> - Cleaning up, releasing and syncing all the livecd-rootfs changes to bzr
15:04 <sil2100> - DMB meeting
15:04 <sil2100> - Helping out with getting the ubuntu-push MIR-fix silo prepared
15:04 <sil2100> - Fixing up broken xenial image builds
15:04 <sil2100> - Landing the ubuntu-settings-components and address-book silo for i386 touch builds fixing
15:04 <sil2100> - landing-team-tools snap:
15:04 <sil2100> * Reorganized the scripts file structure for easy installation, prepped the yaml
15:04 <sil2100> * Debugging why the script snaps aren't working (something in LD_LIBRARY_PATH breaking)
15:05 <sil2100> - Investigating and fixing the pyzmq new constants unit test failure with the new zeromq3
15:05 <sil2100> - Resolving ubuntu-keyboard and unity8 migration issues (caused by a double copy to Unapproved)
15:05 <sil2100> - Playing around with Rocket
15:05 <sil2100> (done)
15:05 <slangasek> infinity is out at a conference
15:05 <slangasek> robru:
15:06 <robru> lp:bileto
15:06 <robru> * cache swift account token (fixes issue where it occaisionally fails to be discovered)
15:06 <robru> * update status immediately after regenerating diffs (not after builds)
15:06 <robru> * upload excuses files to swift
15:06 <robru> * some cosmetic tweaks (more status colors, status icon tweaks)
15:06 <robru> * put date of last activity into PPA display name, aids discovering stale tickets.
15:06 <robru> * update disconnect handling as per sqlalchemy docs
15:06 <robru> * drop support for python <3.5  :-D
15:06 <robru> * fix nagios checks
15:06 <robru> * working with sbalda on adding UST support (incomplete)
15:06 <robru> britney2-ubuntu
15:06 <robru> * performance improvements, accepted upstream
15:06 <barry> robru: \o/
15:06 <barry> robru: and just in time for 3.6 :)
15:06 <sil2100> hah ;)
15:07 <robru> barry: heh, we'll be on xenial for a bit ;-)
15:07 <slangasek> caribou: hi there
15:07 <caribou> Bugfix:
15:07 <caribou> APT hash sum mismatch when using mirror:// url (LP: #1625667)
15:07 <caribou> - SRU awaiting verification
15:07 <caribou> /etc/multipath/wwids not updated upon restart (LP: #1621835)
15:07 <caribou> - Reviewed fix with cyphermox
15:07 <caribou> About to upload for SRU now that .14 is released
15:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1625667 in apt (Ubuntu Trusty) "Trusty: apt does not try next mirror if index file download fails with mirror:// source" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1625667
15:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1621835 in multipath-tools (Ubuntu Trusty) "multipathd reconfigure does not update /etc/multipath/wwids file on trusty" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1621835
15:07 <caribou> Development:
15:07 <caribou> Working on a sosreport charm : mostly ready for review
15:07 <caribou> tomsfastpath MIR :
15:07 <caribou> - Will postpone the MIR to 17.04 and used  the
15:07 <caribou> package 0.99-2 from Xenial uploaded by the security team
15:07 <caribou> makedumpfile not working on kernel 4.8 (LP: #1626269)
15:07 <ubottu> Error: Could not gather data from Launchpad for bug #1626269 (https://launchpad.net/bugs/1626269). The error has been logged
15:07 <caribou> - investigating issue with upstream
15:07 <caribou> Various sponsorship : zfs-linux, multipath-tools
15:07 <caribou> Misc:
15:07 <caribou> meetings
15:08 <caribou> ☑ Done
15:08 <barry> robru: i'm already bored with yakkety and can't wait for zazzy zorilla
15:09 <robru> barry: zippy zebra!
15:09 * xnox ponders if it's my turn
15:09 <slangasek> caribou: tomfastpath> yay, will be glad to have that off the mismatch list :)
15:09 <slangasek> pitti is also at conference today
15:09 <slangasek> xnox:
15:09 <xnox> * s390x v4.8 testing (trianged/closed v4.8 request bugs reported by ibm)
15:09 <xnox> * final beta s390x respin tests
15:09 <xnox> * fully automated z/VM basic d-i test (takes less than 6 minutes, with reporting to the iso tracker)
15:09 <xnox> * gnupg2 environment proxy fix in dirmntr
15:09 <xnox> * added support to apt-key fragments to software-properties
15:09 <xnox> * fixed degraded boot of console-setup on serial-only systems
15:09 <xnox> * in-progress / reviews needed - signing archive & dist-upgrade tarballs with 4k key only in z-series and up
15:09 <xnox> * adding support to apt-key fragments to the dist-upgrader (will send merge proposal soon)
15:09 <xnox> * point release update of btrfs-progs
15:10 <xnox> done
15:10 <caribou> slangasek: I'll try to get it done by early next week
15:10 <chiluk> - LP 1628363 - Hit an odd situation where my USB Hub was detected but it's ports and devices were not enumerated.  Could not reproduce, but I'll keep an eye on it in case it's not a one off hardware issue.
15:10 <chiluk> - Learned more about snappy, and presented findings to STS on the matter.  Is the foundations team responsible for snapping the majority of main and universe?
15:10 <chiluk> - Aside from that mostly non public ceph emergencies.
15:10 <chiluk> -done-
15:10 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1628363 in linux (Ubuntu Xenial) "VIA VL812 hub stops working with 4.4.0-40.60" [Undecided,Invalid] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1628363
15:10 <slangasek> xnox: automated z/VM d-i test - is that something you can give details to powersj about so we can also use it for ISO smoketesting?
15:11 <xnox> slangasek, don't think so. This is using scripted 3270 terminal connections. And i thought that z/VM 3270 terminal is s390 special thing.... or does power use that line oriented console too?
15:12 <slangasek> xnox: that's the IRC nick of the Server Team's QA engineer, not a reference to the POWER architecture ;)
15:12 <chiluk> slangasek which team is responsible for snapping up most of the packages in main and universe?
15:12 <slangasek> chiluk: mu
15:12 <xnox> ah
15:12 <xnox> sure.
15:13 <chiluk> slangasek.. I'm just going to assume that's a typo or emotional outburst.
15:13 <cyphermox> no tdaitx
15:13 <slangasek> chiluk: or you could understand it as the answer to "What is the sound of one hand snapping"
15:13 <chiluk> lol..
15:13 <slangasek> cyphermox: indeed, go ahead
15:13 <cyphermox> MIR:
15:13 <cyphermox> - review mediaplayer-app
15:13 <cyphermox> yakkety:
15:13 <cyphermox> - fighting NetworkManager and pkexec for ubiquity
15:13 <cyphermox> - for NM wifi connection via the ubiquity network dialog
15:13 <cyphermox> - hw-detect modprobe fix (bug LP: #1602717)
15:13 <cyphermox> - more initramfs-tools fixes for IPv6
15:13 <cyphermox> - fixing iscsi without ip= set
15:13 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1602717 in hw-detect (Ubuntu Xenial) "hw-detect modprobes blindly, ignoring blacklists" [Low,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1602717
15:14 <cyphermox> ±other stuff:
15:14 <cyphermox> - fixing up initramfs-tools and isc-dhcp
15:14 <cyphermox> - subiquity code reviews
15:14 <cyphermox> - subiquity keyboard setup
15:14 <cyphermox> - prepared grub upload for new shim renamed binaries
15:14 <cyphermox> - submitting shim for signing
15:14 <cyphermox> - looks like I found out why ppc wasn't bootable for lubuntu; more investigation needed.
15:14 <cyphermox> (done ✅)
15:14 <slangasek> chiluk: snaps are not a replacement for debs, "most of the packages" in the archive are not things anyone would snap, and it's not anyone's responsibility to snap things that aren't useful to them as snaps
15:14 <cyphermox> hey tdaitx
15:14 <cyphermox> it's your turn :)
15:14 <tdaitx> = jck
15:14 <tdaitx> * Getting communication to work is a problem when running on 2 separated nodes
15:14 <tdaitx> - No easy way to grab ip addresses from jenkins nodes before a build (in our setup node name is not DNS resolvable)
15:14 <tdaitx> - Nodes instances are ephemeral, hardcoded ips are a no go
15:15 <tdaitx> - Accessing the jenkins server *might* work but that requires a bot login for API access; checking if I can somehow reuse the session data from a running job to call the API
15:15 <chiluk> slangasek how are we supposed to get a to a fully snappified ubuntu server install for 18.04 then?
15:15 <tdaitx> - Current setup works on a single node using LXD, but that won't work for PPC64EL/ARM64 as an official jck host must run Oracle's reference implementation (and that's AMD64 only)
15:15 <tdaitx> * Trying to expose interactive tests from within the container
15:15 <tdaitx> * Gathering test results and exposing them through Jenkins
15:15 <tdaitx> * Packaged scripts for and easier "install"
15:15 <tdaitx> = proposed migration
15:15 <tdaitx> - subscribed ubuntu-sponsors to mozart and mozart-stdlib removal request, up for grabs (LP: #1623951 and LP:#1623962)
15:15 <tdaitx> - tracking down pkgbinarymangler error that causes on freevo to FTBFS
15:15 <tdaitx> (done)
15:15 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1623951 in mozart (Ubuntu) "please remove mozart from yakkety" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1623951
15:15 <tdaitx> irc connection fubar on the right moment
15:15 <slangasek> tdaitx: wat
15:15 <bdmurray> short week / holiday last Friday
15:15 <bdmurray> updated RT 95447 regarding ValueErrors w/ the daisy app servers
15:15 <bdmurray> bugbot updates to tag release upgrade bugs w/ from and to release
15:15 <bdmurray> ubuntu-release-upgrader bug triage
15:16 <bdmurray> investigation into ubuntu-release-upgrader test failure
15:16 <bdmurray> updated meta-release files to say wily is unsupported
15:16 <bdmurray> fixed update-notifier test failure because of stderr
15:16 <bdmurray> unattended-upgrade bug triage
15:16 <bdmurray> worked on a bug fix for LP: #1544942
15:16 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1544942 in unattended-upgrades (Ubuntu) "Marks unneeded packages as manually installed, if --dry-run is used" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1544942
15:16 <bdmurray> foundations bug triage
15:16 <bdmurray> irc discussion with mvo re: unattended-upgrade bugs
15:16 <bdmurray> irc discussion with rbasak re SRU team
15:16 <bdmurray> explained the Error Tracker and how to use it to a dev
15:16 <bdmurray> ✔ done
15:16 <barry> working with pitti on using autopkgtest for github/gitlab pr/mr testing (debian bug #839072).
15:16 <ubottu> Debian bug 839072 in autopkgtest "autopkgtest: Allow for GitHub-style PR urls" [Wishlist,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/839072
15:16 <barry> ubuntu-image landings/branches (argument-order, coverage, mkfs.ext4, LP: #1617445, etc)
15:16 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1617445 in Ubuntu Image "Pay down coverage tech debt" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1617445
15:16 <barry> LP: #1627198 (*lots* of kernel bisect testing w/jsalisbury)
15:16 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1627198 in linux (Ubuntu Yakkety) "4.8.0 kernels do not complete boot process on VM" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1627198
15:16 <barry> LP: #1627692 (investigation)
15:16 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1627692 in Snappy "Error when model file is not in $HOME" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1627692
15:16 <barry> debian bug #838531 (nose2 ftbfs)
15:16 <ubottu> Debian bug 838531 in src:nose2 "nose2: FTBFS in testing (failing tests)" [Serious,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/838531
15:16 <barry> reviewed https://github.com/CanonicalLtd/subiquity/pull/167
15:16 <barry> ✔ done
15:17 <tdaitx> slangasek, ?
15:17 <slangasek> ah, and doko also at conference
15:18 <slangasek> any questions?
15:18 <caribou> slangasek: regarding tomsfastmath MIR & clamav, should the current clamav 0.99.2+dfsg-2ubuntu1 in yakkety-proposed be pulled out ?
15:18 <slangasek> caribou: to what end? you just need to upload another version, which ought to be a higher version number, I think
15:19 <caribou> slangasek: wasn't sure it would override the one already in -proposed
15:19 <slangasek> caribou: if you try to use a lower version number it would be rejected
15:19 <slangasek> so add the other changes as a delta on top of the merge?
15:20 <caribou> slangasek: ok, will review the delta b/w both
15:22 <slangasek> [TOPIC] AOB
15:22 <slangasek> anything else today?
15:22 <slangasek> I assume, with two weeks until release, everyone is furiously cleaning out -proposed and helping resolve build failures
15:24 <barry> slangasek: take the sound of crickets as a resounding "yes!"
15:24 <slangasek> quite
15:24 <slangasek> :)
15:24 <slangasek> or maybe you've all just deadlocked your systemds
15:24 <slangasek> either way
15:24 <slangasek> #endmeeting