16:31 <tyhicks> #startmeeting
16:31 <meetingology> Meeting started Mon Sep 26 16:31:30 2016 UTC.  The chair is tyhicks. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:31 <meetingology> 
16:31 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:31 <tyhicks> The meeting agenda can be found at:
16:31 <tyhicks> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting
16:31 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Announcements
16:31 <tyhicks> Otto Kekäläinen (otto) provided updates for trusty and xenial for mariadb (LP: #1605493)
16:31 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1605493 in mariadb-5.5 (Ubuntu) "USN-3040-1: MySQL vulnerabilities partially applies to MariaDB too" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1605493
16:31 <tyhicks> Thank you for your assistance in keeping Ubuntu users secure! :)
16:31 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report
16:31 <tyhicks> jdstrand: you're up
16:32 <jdstrand> hey
16:32 <jdstrand> last week I focused a lot on the docker interface, ancillary interface/backend reviews and getting the docker snap to work on classic. The interface is merged and I syncd with stakeholders to get an updated docker in the store.
16:32 <jdstrand> Also did a lot of PR reviews, updated the dbus-app interface and discussed the unity8 interface with ted
16:33 <jdstrand> snap-declaration assertions in the review tools and other review tools updates
16:33 <jdstrand> iterate on the dbus-app interface (hopefully, waiting for PR feedback)
16:33 <jdstrand> PR reviews, especially wrt /run/media and udisks2
16:33 <jdstrand> continue to investigate what a 'network-namespace' interface might look like
16:33 <jdstrand> few more policy updates and policy bugs to look at
16:33 <jdstrand> snap-declaration assertions in the review tools and other review tools updates
16:33 <jdstrand> oh, I repeated one of those. it's that important :)
16:33 <jdstrand> that's it from me
16:33 <jdstrand> mdeslaur: you're up
16:33 <mdeslaur> I'm on triage this week
16:33 <mdeslaur> I'm currently working on an embargoed issue
16:33 <mdeslaur> and I have samba and clamav updates ready for testing
16:34 <mdeslaur> that's about it, sbeattie, you're up
16:34 <sbeattie> I'm in the happy place this week
16:34 <sbeattie> I made progress on some apparmor reviews last week, and will finish those up
16:34 <sbeattie> I have kernel signoffs to get through today
16:35 <sbeattie> I'll try to pick up an update from the list as well
16:35 <sbeattie> that's it for me, tyhicks?
16:36 <tyhicks> I'm in the happy place this week
16:36 <tyhicks> I'm trying to do SRU verification (LP: #1580463) (LP: #1614215)
16:36 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1580463 in im-config (Ubuntu Xenial) "Snap blocks access to system input methods (ibus, fcitx, ...)" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1580463
16:36 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1614215 in apparmor (Ubuntu Xenial) ""md5sums differ" message seems to indicate an install problem" [Low,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1614215
16:36 <tyhicks> jdstrand: it looks like im-config was removed from xenial-proposed :/
16:36 <tyhicks> jdstrand: could you re-upload and I'll handle the SRU verification?
16:37 <tyhicks> after that, I'll be back on trying to bring AppArmor UNIX domain socket mediation back to 14.04 + hardware enablement kernel
16:37 <tyhicks> I hit a blocker last week and I'm now taking a different approach
16:37 <tyhicks> I have some packaging changes to make today so that we continue to ship the 14.04 policy in the backported 16.04 package
16:37 <tyhicks> then I'll be testing
16:37 <tyhicks> jjohansen: you're up
16:38 <tyhicks> sbeattie: either you or I need to look at bug #1627304 this week
16:39 <ubottu> bug 1627304 in lightdm (Ubuntu) "User locking problems - guest login crashing" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1627304
16:39 <sbeattie> tyhicks: okay
16:39 <tyhicks> sbeattie: I can get to it mid-week and will let you know if/when I start working on it
16:39 <tyhicks> I think jj isn't around just yet
16:39 <tyhicks> sarnold: are you here?
16:40 <tyhicks> chrisccoulson: go ahead
16:40 <chrisccoulson> I've got a minor Oxide update to do this week. There aren't any planned Mozilla updates
16:41 <chrisccoulson> I've got a few Oxide code reviews to get through too
16:41 <chrisccoulson> Also, Firefox and Thunderbird fail to build on various architectures in yakkety, so I need to spend some time on that
16:41 <chrisccoulson> Other than that, I'll be working through Oxide bugs as usual
16:42 <tyhicks> thanks chrisccoulson
16:42 <tyhicks> ratliff: you're up
16:42 <ratliff> I'm on bug triage this week
16:42 <ratliff> I'm finalizing the pillow update
16:43 <ratliff> Design doc review and other internal tasks to complete
16:43 <ratliff> back to you, tyhicks
16:44 <tyhicks> thanks!
16:44 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Highlighted packages
16:44 <tyhicks> The Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.
16:44 <tyhicks> See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.
16:44 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/k4dirstat.html
16:44 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/iscsitarget.html
16:44 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/zeroinstall-injector.html
16:44 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/w3af.html
16:44 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions
16:44 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/minizip.html
16:44 <tyhicks> Does anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?
16:45 <sarnold> hey, sorry I'm late
16:46 <sarnold> MIRs this week, not sure which ones to start next
16:46 <sbeattie> tyhicks: ^
16:46 <sarnold> and I'm on community
16:46 <ratliff> ubuntu-terminal-app
16:46 <sarnold> thanks ratliff :)
16:46 <tyhicks> yep
16:46 <tyhicks> and zmqpp after that
16:47 <sarnold> lets hope lukasz fixes the ftbfs :)
16:47 <sarnold> it sounded promising but he mentioned silos and I lost track
16:47 <tyhicks> sarnold: a fixed upload is in the unapproved queue
16:47 <tyhicks> sarnold: see the bug report
16:48 <tyhicks> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/zmqpp/+bug/1617005/comments/4
16:48 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1617005 in zmqpp (Ubuntu) "[MIR] zmqpp" [Undecided,New]
16:48 <tyhicks> sarnold: might be worth kicking that build off while looking at ubuntu-terminal-app :)
16:48 <tyhicks> does anyone have anything else?
16:49 <sarnold> heh, ubuntu-terminal-app doesn't even show up in umt search :/
16:49 <tyhicks> I'm confused by that one
16:49 <tyhicks> maybe ratliff can get you more info?
16:49 <ratliff> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1625074
16:49 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1625074 in ubuntu-terminal-app (Ubuntu) "[MIR] ubuntu-terminal-app" [High,Confirmed]
16:50 <tyhicks> ratliff: it isn't in Ubuntu: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-terminal-app
16:50 <ratliff> the code is in launchpad and linked to off of that MIR
16:51 <tyhicks> lets discuss this outside of the meeting so that everyone else can go about their day
16:51 <tyhicks> jdstrand, mdeslaur, sbeattie, jjohansen, sarnold, ChrisCoulson, ratliff: Thanks!
16:51 <tyhicks> #endmeeting