16:35 <tyhicks> #startmeeting
16:35 <meetingology> Meeting started Mon Sep 19 16:35:35 2016 UTC.  The chair is tyhicks. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:35 <meetingology> 
16:35 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:35 <tyhicks> The meeting agenda can be found at:
16:35 <tyhicks> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting
16:35 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report
16:35 <tyhicks> jdstrand: you're up
16:36 <jdstrand> hi!
16:36 <jdstrand> last week worked on the docker interface, updated snappy-debug for new policy/bug fixes, various snappy policy updates, browser-support feedback/improvements, fine-grained autoconnects in snapd, picked up dbus-app discussion, and provided lots of reviews/help/etc to namespace sharing in snap-confine
16:36 <jdstrand> this week plan to finish up the namespace sharing card
16:36 <jdstrand> finish the docker interface
16:36 <jdstrand> respond to feedback on dbus-app interface
16:36 <jdstrand> investigate CLONE_NEWUSER issue (I think it is fixed with latest snap-confine, need to fully confirm)
16:37 <jdstrand> a few policy updates
16:37 <jdstrand> work on snap declarations (PR reviews, review tools updates, etc)
16:37 <jdstrand> investigate what network-namespace interface might look like
16:37 <jdstrand> that's it from me
16:38 <mdeslaur> I'm in the happy place this week
16:38 <mdeslaur> tomorrow, I'm on patch piloting
16:38 <mdeslaur> I am currently release tomcat updates
16:38 <mdeslaur> and have started working on clamav updates
16:38 <mdeslaur> that's pretty much what I'll be doing this week
16:38 <mdeslaur> sbeattie: you're up
16:38 <sbeattie> I'm also in the happy place this week
16:39 <sbeattie> I'm finishing up sponsoring an update left over from last week (mariadb)
16:39 <tyhicks> ah, two happy place weeks in a row :)
16:39 <sbeattie> I have kernel USNs to publish since they went out this morning
16:39 <sbeattie> I have some apparmor patches to review
16:40 <sbeattie> I'll probably try to pick up an additional update as well
16:40 <mdeslaur> tyhicks: yeah! It's like paradise! :)
16:40 <sbeattie> that'll likely consume my week. tyhicks, over to you
16:41 <tyhicks> I'm on community this week
16:41 <tyhicks> now that the kernels have published, I need to go verify an apparmor userspace SRU
16:42 <tyhicks> jdstrand: ^ fyi, that'll also feed into your SRU
16:42 <tyhicks> jdstrand: so watch for that this week
16:42 <tyhicks> I think I'm through all my pending snap-confine reviews
16:43 <tyhicks> I'm still testing xenial's apparmor in trusty for an SRU
16:43 <tyhicks> and I'm finally working on seccomp logging again
16:43 <tyhicks> in fact, I probably need to make a band-aid fix to the 4.8 kernel around seccomp logging this week
16:44 <tyhicks> that's it for me
16:44 <tyhicks> jjohansen: you're up
16:44 <jjohansen> I'm still working on 4.8 an lxc/d stacking
16:45 <jjohansen> we landed a mostly working 4.8 for the kt on the weekend, but it has at least one odd known regression in the test suite to track down
16:46 <jjohansen> and not the full set of patches to support lxc/d landed with it as they were exhibiting more bugs
16:46 <tyhicks> jjohansen: what test is failing?
16:46 <jjohansen> so, I'll be tracking those down this week and they will go in after the beta kernel
16:47 <jjohansen> tyhicks: the exec_stack tests
16:47 <jjohansen> however they weren't failing in the kernel
16:47 <jjohansen> it is userspace segfaulting
16:48 <jjohansen> I can't say however its not the kernels fault yet
16:48 <tyhicks> jjohansen: let me know if I need to help you straighten that out
16:48 <jjohansen> tyhicks: ack
16:48 <tyhicks> jjohansen: I could take the userspace portion over and let you sort out the other issue(s)
16:48 <jjohansen> tyhicks: maybe, we can discuss off line
16:48 * tyhicks nods
16:48 <jjohansen> err, after the meeting
16:49 <tyhicks> sounds like a full week
16:49 <tyhicks> sarnold: you're up
16:49 <sarnold> I'm on bug triage this week
16:50 <sarnold> also burning down the list of MIRs, which I understand need some juggling
16:50 <sarnold> wds is underway, I should be able to finish it by eod
16:50 <tyhicks> great
16:50 <sarnold> there's also outstanding apparmor patches I'd love to review, but .. time.
16:50 <sarnold> anyway that's me, chrisccoulson?
16:52 <ratliff> chrisccoulson may still be out since he had to step away
16:53 <ratliff> I'll go ahead and he can jump in anytime if he is around
16:53 <ratliff> I'm on CVE triage this week.
16:53 <chrisccoulson> I'm back now :)
16:53 <tyhicks> hi chrisccoulson :)
16:53 <chrisccoulson> I'll let you finish
16:53 <ratliff> go ahead chrisccoulson
16:53 <chrisccoulson> oh, ok :)
16:53 <chrisccoulson> I've got a Firefox update to do this week, plus a small Oxide update
16:54 <chrisccoulson> I'll likely be spending a little bit of time on Firefox again (related to menubar / snappy)
16:55 <tyhicks> still have any oxide documentation work remaining?
16:55 <chrisccoulson> I landed a bunch of documentation last week in Oxide (http://people.canonical.com/~chrisccoulson/oxide-documentation/overview.html). I'm looking forward to doing stuff this week that doesn't involve writing documentation
16:55 <chrisccoulson> heh
16:55 <chrisccoulson> I filed a bunch of bugs last week whilst writing documentation, and I imagine I'll spend some time this week fixing those
16:55 <chrisccoulson> That's me done
16:56 <ratliff> I will also be looking into the pillow update
16:56 <ratliff> Spending quality time on the Unity 8 MIR Trello board
16:56 <ratliff> And doing further sprint planning
16:56 <ratliff> back to you tyhicks
16:57 <tyhicks> thanks
16:57 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Highlighted packages
16:57 <tyhicks> The Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.
16:57 <tyhicks> See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.
16:57 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/musl.html
16:57 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/gridengine.html
16:57 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/php-cas.html
16:57 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/gitlab.html
16:57 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/pdns.html
16:57 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions
16:58 <tyhicks> Does anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?
16:59 <tyhicks> jdstrand, mdeslaur, sbeattie, jjohansen, sarnold, ChrisCoulson, ratliff: Thanks!
16:59 <tyhicks> #endmeeting