16:02 <gaughen> #startmeeting ubuntu-server-team
16:02 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue Sep 13 16:02:42 2016 UTC.  The chair is gaughen. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:02 <meetingology> 
16:02 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:02 <gaughen> #topic Review ACTION points from previous meeting
16:03 <gaughen> no action points to review... wee!
16:03 <gaughen> #topic Yakkety Development
16:03 <gaughen> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/YakketyYak/ReleaseSchedule
16:03 <gaughen> GA is a month from today - gaaaaa!
16:04 <caribou> o/
16:04 <gaughen> Final beta is coming up - week of Sept 22
16:04 <smoser> o//
16:04 <gaughen> and I see kernel freeze is week of Sept 29
16:04 <gaughen> so get on it, people!
16:04 <gaughen> moving on
16:05 <gaughen> #subtopic Release Bugs
16:05 <gaughen> #subtopic Release Bugs
16:05 <gaughen> grr
16:05 <gaughen> #subtopic Release Bugs
16:05 <gaughen> okay, guess it's right
16:05 * gaughen drinks some coffee
16:05 <cpaelzer> so many bugs :-/
16:06 <gaughen> any worth talking about?
16:06 <gaughen> #topic Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)
16:06 <caribou> nothing to report !
16:06 <gaughen> caribou, you have any words of wisdom for everyoone?
16:06 <gaughen> everyone
16:06 <nacc> jgrimm: did we get a new url for release bugs?
16:06 <gaughen> too late, nacc, I've moved on
16:06 <gaughen> no link allowed
16:06 <caribou> gaughen: no :)
16:06 <gaughen> this is caribou's time
16:06 <gaughen> ;-)
16:07 <gaughen> okay, let me move on
16:07 <gaughen> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (powersj)
16:07 <gaughen> #link https://jenkins.ubuntu.com/server/
16:07 <jgrimm> nacc, i owe that.  happy to take an action
16:07 <powersj> Completed the addition of an s390x system and a dedicated amd64 system to the server team jenkins (https://jenkins.ubuntu.com/server/). Other than getting the NVMe storage running faster on the baremetal system, this should complete all the outstanding infrastructure/Jenkins related tasks. On to writing more tests!
16:07 <gaughen> and in this section, we quiz powerj
16:07 <powersj> Speaking of tests, have a daily ISO sizer job started to determine how much the daily ISOs have increased or decreased each day.
16:07 <powersj> As we approach the end of Yakkety, the automated ISO tests are getting better and better. Nuclearbob and I have evaluated many of the failures and continue to clean things up.
16:07 <nacc> jgrimm: thanks
16:07 <powersj> And a thank you to gaughen for getting me access to AWS, Azure, and GCP for cloud-init/curtin/bug work.
16:07 <gaughen> that's awesome powersj
16:08 <gaughen> no problem-o powersj - use it well and make cloud-init fabulous!
16:08 <gaughen> powersj, do you have anything else to say?
16:08 <powersj> not on this topic :) thanks
16:08 <gaughen> anyone questions for the powersj?
16:08 <gaughen> k
16:09 <gaughen> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)
16:09 <gaughen> kernel homies, it is your turn
16:09 <smb> nothing new *sight* ...still
16:09 <smb> *sigh*even
16:09 <gaughen> smb, did you all move to 4.6?
16:10 <smb> not publicly yet... there is previews but the archive is still back on 4.4
16:10 <gaughen> so coming soon - 4.6!
16:10 <gaughen> okay moving on
16:10 <gaughen> #topic Upcoming Call For Papers
16:10 <gaughen> any call for papers worth noting?
16:10 <gaughen> bueller
16:11 <gaughen> #topic Ubuntu Server Team Events
16:11 <nacc> gaughen: do you want to note the prior action for jgrimm ? (adding a url for server release bugs)
16:11 <gaughen> jgrimm, nacc, cpaelzer, smoser, powersj - you all have any cocktail hours planned or anything?
16:11 <gaughen> nacc, yup, plotting to
16:11 <gaughen> thanks!
16:11 <nacc> gaughen: thanks!
16:11 <cpaelzer> yep, planned
16:11 <nacc> gaughen: i mean, 5pm every day?
16:11 <jgrimm> gaughen: would be beer for us, you know that!
16:12 <gaughen> pssh
16:12 <jgrimm> snooty beers even
16:12 <cpaelzer> <- wine as well
16:12 <gaughen> grapefruit radler!
16:12 <nacc> :)
16:12 * jgrimm shakes head
16:12 <gaughen> okay, moving on
16:12 <gaughen> #topic Open Discussion
16:12 <cpaelzer> here, typing ...
16:12 <jgrimm> cpaelzer, want to give a headsup on dpdk/ovs testing
16:12 <gaughen> jgrimm, I've been doing an exhaustive analysis of radlers
16:13 <cpaelzer> actually qemu I think, but yes
16:13 <cpaelzer> The feedback to the machine type handling was not a lot
16:13 <cpaelzer> a few private replies
16:13 <jgrimm> cpaelzer, well.. both relevant, though indeed qemu is more interesting
16:13 <cpaelzer> I integrated all of that and created a wiki page just as hallyn did in the far past (trusty)
16:13 <cpaelzer> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QemuKVMMigration
16:13 <cpaelzer> It is still WIP
16:14 <cpaelzer> but the good message is that I have automated tests for in-release, cross-release and backward migration
16:14 <cpaelzer> as well as a wrapper to run the qa tests of the security team against any those release
16:14 <jgrimm> very nice
16:14 <cpaelzer> that will be my guide to prep the next (most urgendt) uploads for issues
16:15 <gaughen> cool
16:15 <gaughen> anything else cpaelzer?
16:15 <cpaelzer> the dpdk testing still works as is, but I really think this cycle we will have the chance to move both of those from manual to something driven by jenkins
16:15 <cpaelzer> powersj: already has the right machine
16:15 <cpaelzer> so that should work out
16:15 <powersj> yep!
16:15 <cpaelzer> I guess that's it for now
16:15 <cpaelzer> just wanted to let you know
16:16 <gaughen> it's very good progress
16:16 <gaughen> anyone else have any topics for the open topics?
16:16 <gaughen> #topic Announce next meeting date, time and chair
16:16 <gaughen> next week at the same time and place, the famous jamespage is the chair!
16:17 <cpaelzer> thanks gaughen
16:17 <gaughen> #topic Assign daily bug triage for week (powersj, rbasak, nacc, cpaelzer)
16:17 <powersj> On deck for the rest of the week are nacc (wed), cpaelzer (thur), and rbasak (today & fri). Any issues with completing this?
16:17 <gaughen> oh wait, there are two more little topics
16:17 <jgrimm> :)
16:17 * powersj thinks the announce next meeting topic should be last FYI
16:17 <gaughen> I'm moving it, powersj
16:17 <jgrimm> powersj, i was thinking the same
16:17 <gaughen> ditto
16:18 <jgrimm> we did it intentionally to let people go... but its confusing
16:18 <nacc> powersj: no issues
16:18 <gaughen> okay moving on
16:18 <gaughen> #topic Assigned merges/bugwork (rbasak)
16:18 <rbasak> Agreed. Also these topics are pretty short now.
16:18 <gaughen> rbasak, has been quiet this meeting
16:18 <powersj> jgrimm, thx
16:18 <gaughen> oh you are here
16:18 <rbasak> Since people are pretty much self-managing now.
16:18 <gaughen> I had already made the executive decision to move it ;-)
16:18 <rbasak> So...any issues?
16:18 <gaughen> but glad you all agree
16:18 <rbasak> I feel that progress is slowing, so it would be great if everyone could remember to look at their bugs please.
16:18 <jgrimm> rbasak, i've updated the spreadsheet.   1 bug closed (fixed even), 1 waiting on someone else, 1 i need to get back to
16:19 <cpaelzer> no issues on my side, but also no capacity to catch more bugs
16:19 <powersj> rbasak, I could look at 1-2 small ones
16:19 <cpaelzer> depending on what you want we might add  a few of the qemu/kvm bug to the list
16:19 <rbasak> powersj: OK, I'll find you some after the meeting. Thanks!
16:19 <cpaelzer> rbasak: would you want me to add those?
16:19 <rbasak> cpaelzer: sure, go ahead.
16:19 <nacc> rbasak: i'm going to pull some bugs off our backlog today, as i'm freeing up now
16:19 <cpaelzer> ok, will do that
16:19 <jgrimm> rbasak, i'd take 1 too
16:19 <rbasak> nacc: great, thanks!
16:20 <jgrimm> nacc, don't forget pollinate
16:20 <nacc> jgrimm: ack, it's fixed in yakkety, waiting on testing from bug originator
16:20 <nacc> jgrimm: before we upload to xenial, as we don't want to regress/break via SRU
16:20 <jgrimm> nacc, cool. powersj will want to test that across clouds
16:20 <jgrimm> nacc, +1
16:20 <nacc> jgrimm: ack
16:20 <nacc> powersj: --^ :)
16:20 <powersj> yep!
16:21 <gaughen> nacc, curious what the bug was.. I'll pest you offline
16:21 <gaughen> okay you all done?
16:21 <cpaelzer> y
16:21 <gaughen> sweet
16:21 <jgrimm> gaughen, thanks!
16:21 <gaughen> #endmeeting