16:30 <tyhicks> #startmeeting
16:30 <meetingology> Meeting started Mon Aug  8 16:30:57 2016 UTC.  The chair is tyhicks. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:30 <meetingology> 
16:30 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:31 <tyhicks> The meeting agenda can be found at:
16:31 <tyhicks> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting
16:31 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report
16:31 <tyhicks> jdstrand: you're up
16:31 <jdstrand> hi!
16:31 <jdstrand> transitional browser-support interface has landed in upstream (chrome/chromium/electron/firefox)
16:31 <jdstrand> system-trace interface and /usr/src mounting has landed in upstream (bcc)
16:31 <jdstrand> dbus-app has been reviewed and still in progress. will be working on that this week
16:31 <jdstrand> snappy PR reviews. Notably, pluggable-storage, zigbee-dongle, docker and lxd
16:32 <jdstrand> I'm working on pluggable-storage right now
16:32 <jdstrand> there are various others I've gotten pings on
16:32 <jdstrand> review tools updates related to browser-support and os snap
16:32 <jdstrand> I think between all that and various iterations on existing PRs of mine, that's it for me
16:33 <jdstrand> but if not, I'll start to look at CLONE_NEWUSER vs snap-confine and/or snap-confine with os mounts
16:33 <jdstrand> that's it for me
16:33 <mdeslaur> I'm on community this week
16:34 <jdstrand> (in other words, I'll go down the list in the snappy lane)
16:35 <mdeslaur> I'm about to publish some curl updates
16:35 <mdeslaur> and I'll be going down the cve list after that
16:35 <mdeslaur> that's it from me
16:35 <mdeslaur> who's next?
16:35 <tyhicks> me
16:35 <tyhicks> I'm on CVE triage this week
16:35 <tyhicks> I will be assisting with some MIR review work
16:36 <tyhicks> I'll be working on seccomp complain mode for snappy
16:37 <tyhicks> it looks like I need to investigate AppArmor SRU autopkgtest regressions
16:37 <tyhicks> and then maybe I'll get to some review tools work for squashfs bugs
16:37 <tyhicks> that's it for me
16:37 <tyhicks> jjohansen: you're up
16:38 <jjohansen> I have a short week this week, I will be out wednesday and thursday, and maybe but hopefully not friday
16:38 <jjohansen> I am going to finish up on my review of the gsettings apparmor work
16:39 <jjohansen> and continue chasing a couple oopses that have surfaced in the stacking work that is supposed to fix the name lookup errors
16:40 <tyhicks> jjohansen: are you ready to send a pull request to the kteam after those oopses are fixed?
16:40 <jjohansen> tyhicks: hopefully, pending further testing, with lxc etc
16:40 <tyhicks> great to hear!
16:41 <jjohansen> thats it for /me sarnold you are up
16:41 <tyhicks> I don't see sarnold around yet
16:41 <tyhicks> he'll be focused on MIRs this week (he's in the happy place)
16:41 <tyhicks> chrisccoulson: go ahead
16:42 <chrisccoulson> I've got Chromium to sponsor this week
16:43 <chrisccoulson> I also want to finish off my instructions for updating Flash (I did start that, but just haven't finished it off yet)
16:44 <chrisccoulson> I spent quite a bit of time last week debugging a couple of regressions in oxide, but managed to get through a few items on https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oxide/+spec/converged-device-support. I want to get through a few more this week
16:44 <chrisccoulson> And also have a play with snappy
16:44 <chrisccoulson> That's me done
16:44 <sarnold> heh tyhicks could stand in for my reports :) happy place, MIRs, and also snapping a snap with snapcraft for snap and snapd on snappy ubuntu core. I'll try to make it snappy. (Get it? alligator sandwich?)
16:45 <tyhicks> :)
16:45 <tyhicks> thanks
16:46 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Highlighted packages
16:46 <tyhicks> The Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.
16:46 <tyhicks> See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.
16:46 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/sblim-sfcb.html
16:46 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/macopix.html
16:46 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/gamera.html
16:46 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/t-coffee.html
16:46 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/lsyncd.html
16:46 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions
16:46 <tyhicks> Does anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?
16:48 <sarnold> heh, "gamera"... "gamera is really neat! gamera is filled with meat!"
16:49 <mdeslaur> lol
16:49 <tyhicks> jdstrand, mdeslaur, jjohansen, sarnold, ChrisCoulson: Thanks!
16:49 <tyhicks> #endmeeting