16:05 <smoser> #startmeeting ubuntu-server-team
16:05 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue Aug  2 16:05:58 2016 UTC.  The chair is smoser. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:05 <meetingology> 
16:05 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:06 <smoser> #topic Review ACTION points from previous meeting
16:06 <smoser> there were no action points from last week
16:06 <smoser> #topic Yakkety Development
16:06 <smoser> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/YakketyYak/ReleaseSchedule
16:06 <smoser> feature freeze is coming, 2 weeks and 2 days from today
16:06 <jgrimm> yikes
16:07 <smoser> yeah.
16:07 <jgrimm> summer going by entirely too fast
16:07 <smoser> #subtopic Release Bugs
16:07 <smoser> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-x-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
16:07 <smoser> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-y-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
16:07 <jgrimm> nothing new in y
16:10 <smoser> please take a gander... if something jumps out at you, let us know (feelf ree to ping me)
16:11 <jgrimm> nothing jumping out, i sorted by date on x and nothing new for a while (though we have older stuff that probably needs some triage love at least)
16:11 <smoser> k.
16:11 <smoser> moving on
16:11 <smoser> #topic Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)
16:11 <smoser> i asked last week, do we need to update this seciton ?
16:12 <smoser> is caribou still doing this ?
16:12 <cpaelzer> he just is on vacaction IIRC, should be back next week - no?
16:12 <jgrimm> smoser, he has been using this section to talk about server related bugs he is working on
16:12 <jgrimm> and what cpaelzer said ^^  i believe still on PTO
16:14 <jgrimm> smoser,  i'll take action if you'd like to re-evaluate what we want to accomplish in this section
16:14 <jgrimm> i don't know the history, but i do want it to be useful
16:14 <smoser> k. we'll move on then
16:14 <smoser> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team
16:14 <powersj> For those who have not noticed, external jenkins is live. I have started triaging automated ISO tests + UTAH. Primarily test issues, not product issues. Filed a few bugs and made a few patches, but have a long way to go.
16:14 <smoser> \o/
16:15 <jgrimm> nice!
16:15 <powersj> Would like to close on simplestreams CI this week and get some automation around image checking. Currently running manual ISO tests for 14.04.5 on i386 and amd64. Nothing major seen yet, but will file issues.
16:16 <smoser> powersj, i'll take a gander at your MP
16:16 <smoser> url to external jenkins, powersj ?
16:16 <powersj> smoser, thx made the one change and just need to close on dependencies
16:16 <smoser> for those playing the home game
16:16 <powersj> https://jenkins.ubuntu.com/server/
16:17 <smoser> nice
16:18 <jgrimm> indeed!
16:18 <smoser> move on then/
16:18 <smoser> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)
16:18 <smb> Don't have anything new... Are there questions?
16:19 <jgrimm> smb, an expectation when new yakkety kernel will show up? just curious
16:19 <smb> I have lost hope in any expectations...
16:20 <jgrimm> heh.  no worries, nothing I particularly needed out of it
16:21 <smoser> completely un-server related, but /me would find a fix for https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/1604819 in a new 4.X kernel
16:21 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1604819 in linux (Ubuntu) "screen goes completely black during usage then comes back" [Undecided,Triaged]
16:21 <smoser> moving on
16:21 <smoser> #topic Upcoming Call For Papers
16:21 <smoser> anything here ?
16:22 <jgrimm> not that i see (looking at LWN CFP calendar)
16:22 <smoser> k
16:22 <smoser> #topic Ubuntu Server Team Events
16:23 <smoser> nothing really
16:23 <smoser> #topic Open Discussion
16:23 <cpaelzer> if anybody has a sophisticated ntp setup out there - testing xenial proposed for bug 1567540 would be nice
16:23 <ubottu> bug 1567540 in ntp (Ubuntu Xenial) "ntpd crashed with SIGABRT (was: ntp crashes everytime the network goes up or down.)" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1567540
16:24 <jgrimm> smoser, since canonical server team will be sprint next week, we should consider cancelling next week's irc meeting??
16:24 <rbasak> jgrimm: +1
16:25 <smoser> i think so
16:25 <smoser> #topic Announce next meeting date, time and chair
16:25 <smoser> next meeting will be 2 days before feature freeze
16:25 <smoser> August 16, 2016 at 16:00:00 UTC
16:26 <smoser> thanks for playing.
16:26 <smoser> #endmeeting