16:02 <smoser> #startmeeting ubuntu-server-team
16:02 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue Jul 26 16:02:02 2016 UTC.  The chair is smoser. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:02 <meetingology> 
16:02 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:02 <smoser> Welcome back my friends
16:02 <smoser> to the show that never ends
16:02 <smoser> we're so glad you could attend
16:02 <smoser> come inside, come inside
16:02 <smoser> #topic Review ACTION points from previous meeting
16:03 <smoser> no action points. this is good.
16:03 <smoser> #topic Yakkety Development
16:03 <smoser> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/YakketyYak/ReleaseSchedule
16:04 <smoser> there is alpha2 for opt-in flavors this week.
16:05 <cpaelzer> regarding FF, since we weren't sure before
16:05 <cpaelzer> FYI: We just this week got confirmed that the Open Vswitch branching of 2.6 will be on 1st of August and thereby should work on without FFE. jamespage planned to do an early OVS package as soon as they branched and dpdk 16.07 should be kind of ready til then.
16:05 <smoser> the bigger release point was last thursday, with 16.04.1
16:05 <smoser> http://fridge.ubuntu.com/2016/07/21/ubuntu-16-04-1-lts-released/
16:06 <smoser> and, yeah, as cpaelzer said. feature freeze is August 18.
16:06 <smoser> #subtopic Release Bugs
16:06 <smoser> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-x-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
16:06 <smoser> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-y-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
16:07 <smoser> wow.
16:07 <smoser> bug 1604128
16:08 <ubottu> bug 1604128 in maas (Ubuntu Xenial) "[2.0RC2] Unable to add a public SSH Key due to lp1604147" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1604128
16:08 <smoser> With a recent update of python from 3.5.1 to 3.5.2, the pathlib.Path.path property is gone.
16:08 <smoser> reportedly that happened from 3.5.1 to 3.5.2. i woudl nto have expected that
16:09 <smoser> please take a look at those 2 urls, if you see something there that you could help triage or fix, please do
16:09 <rharper> smoser: wow
16:09 <smoser> so we'll move on.
16:09 <smoser> #topic Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)
16:10 <smoser> is this topic still valid to point at caribou ?
16:10 <smoser> he's not her, so we'll go on.
16:10 <smoser> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team
16:10 <powersj> New CI job structure in place, allowing for matrix runs across different architectures and breaking out tests in YAML for better scaling/organization. This mornings runs were red, but I have fixed all those up now. I am still trying to find a better way of not testing in production :)
16:10 <powersj> cloud-init migration to git means CI is broken for git related merges/commits. The LaunchPad plugin does not support git. I have filed LP#1606394 to see if anyone has any thoughts or advice on how to get started with that. This will take some work.
16:11 <powersj> External Jenkins is possible, but our URL would need to change (https://jenkins.canonical.com/server), any objections to that? This may mean a day or so of downtime while I update the slaves. If I hear nothing I am going to request the migration to an external address
16:11 <smoser> i have no issue with updating urls.
16:11 <powersj> ok
16:11 <powersj> and note my issue with git CI :)
16:12 <rharper> powersj: +1 on the update
16:12 <smoser> powersj, thanks for filing bug. yeah. i'll look a bit there too.
16:13 <smoser> anyone have anything for powersj ?
16:14 <smoser> moving on
16:14 <smoser> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)
16:14 <smb> Not much to report. Currently trying to fix some stupid bcache on ppc64le problem
16:15 <smoser> ah. nice. do you have a bug number?
16:15 <smoser> this is from curtin's vmtest ?
16:15 <smb> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1602299
16:15 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1602299 in linux (Ubuntu) "bcache is unstable on ppc64el" [High,Confirmed]
16:15 <smoser> thank you smb.
16:16 <smoser> #topic Upcoming Call For Papers
16:16 <smoser> anyone have anything here?
16:16 <smoser> or
16:16 <smoser> #topic Ubuntu Server Team Events
16:16 <smoser> i dont know of anything coming up... anyone else ?
16:17 <smoser> and going on...
16:17 <smoser> #topic Open Discussion
16:17 <smoser> i'll throw in an announcement / topic here.
16:17 <smoser> cloud-init is in the process of
16:17 <smoser> a.) moving to launchpad git for its version control system
16:18 <smoser> b.) targetting a release of 0.7.7 after long time
16:18 <smoser> https://launchpad.net/cloud-init/+milestone/0.7.7
16:18 <smoser> if you are aware of bugs you think need fixing there, please let me knwo.
16:18 <teward> wow I'm horribly late to the server team meeting heh.
16:19 <smoser> the goal is to do release on the 4th of august
16:19 <smoser> teward, you are horribly late. but if you grovel sufficiently you may be forgiven.
16:19 * smoser updates the 'Expected' release date there to not be a saturday
16:19 <smoser> anyone have aything else for open topics ?
16:19 <smoser> if not...
16:19 <smoser> #topic Announce next meeting date, time and chair
16:22 <smoser> ok... so one wekk from today is Tuesday August 2
16:22 <smoser> Tue Aug  2 16:00:00 UTC 2016
16:23 <smoser> Tue, 02 Aug 2016 16:00:00 +0000
16:23 <smoser> #endmeeting