16:03 <cpaelzer> #startmeeting ubuntu-server-team
16:03 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue Jul  5 16:03:00 2016 UTC.  The chair is cpaelzer. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:03 <meetingology> 
16:03 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:03 <cpaelzer> #topic Review ACTION points from previous meeting
16:03 <cpaelzer> checkign the log ...
16:03 <cpaelzer> no old actions
16:03 <cpaelzer> #topic Yakkety Development
16:03 <cpaelzer> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/YakketyYak/ReleaseSchedule
16:03 <cpaelzer> has anyone recent updates on Y development?
16:04 <rharper> the alphas were posted
16:04 <cpaelzer> thanks rharper I didn't realizie that yet
16:04 <cpaelzer> rharper: is there any useful link for the log to refer to?
16:05 <rharper> #link http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-server/daily/current/
16:05 <cpaelzer> ah so just the usual place, thanks a lot rharper
16:05 <rharper> yeah
16:05 <cpaelzer> #subtopic Release Bugs
16:05 <cpaelzer> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-y-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
16:05 <cpaelzer> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-x-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
16:05 <cpaelzer> lets take a look together if anything important popped up whcih isn't taken care of yet
16:07 <cpaelzer> most look like in progress
16:07 <cpaelzer> and for some of the new ones I know that rbasak distributed them to us already
16:07 <cpaelzer> so I think we are good here for the week
16:07 <cpaelzer> any bug someone wants to highlight before we continue?
16:08 <rharper> they all look covered to me too
16:08 <cpaelzer> #topic Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)
16:08 <cpaelzer> caribou: up to you for updates
16:09 <cpaelzer> I didn't see a o/ from him either so far, maybe he is unavailable
16:09 <cpaelzer> anybody else a general Server & Cloud bug topic to throw in?
16:10 <cpaelzer> the week around 4th of july is impressively silent :-)
16:10 <cpaelzer> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions FROM the QA Team
16:10 <cpaelzer> you might have realized I changed the usual topic slightly as we now have powersj with us
16:10 <powersj> :) hey folks
16:10 <rharper> cpaelzer: =)
16:11 <powersj> first day, got email going finally, so I will be in contact shortly. Would like to get input from rharper or others around the CI system.
16:11 <rharper> indeed
16:11 <powersj> Access, what's there, etc.
16:11 <powersj> If there are other documents or pointers please send away or let me know!
16:11 <cpaelzer> reasonable - the overall QA Team will likely also share more of the overall QA strategy things
16:12 <cpaelzer> powersj: so we should throw CI/QA stuff at you and you sort out what you jump on ?
16:12 <cpaelzer> good
16:12 <powersj> cpaelzer, sure. Jon left me with some guidance as well
16:12 <cpaelzer> good
16:12 <cpaelzer> in any case (throwing info or not) a big welcome to powersj
16:12 <cpaelzer> ^^WELCOME^^
16:12 <cpaelzer> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)
16:12 <powersj> thanks! glad to be here
16:12 <smb> Nothing really as in updates. Are there questions?
16:13 <cpaelzer> no updates means good news in that case
16:14 <cpaelzer> semms like no questions, thanks smb!
16:14 <cpaelzer> #topic Upcoming Call For Papers
16:14 <cpaelzer> I was asked to talk about dpdk packaging on a dpdk conf, but that is already kind of assigned
16:14 <cpaelzer> anything else regarding CFPs?
16:15 <cpaelzer> ok
16:15 <cpaelzer> #topic Ubuntu Server Team Events
16:15 <cpaelzer> with jgrimm on vacation there won't be much new events planned, so lets go on
16:15 <cpaelzer> #topic Open Discussion
16:15 <cpaelzer> seeing how things went today I guess no - but anything?
16:16 <powersj> #server best place to ask questions?
16:16 <cpaelzer> powersj: if you are secretive #server on internal - if you expect anyone else could either benefit or help you #ubuntu-server is surely better
16:17 <powersj> k thx
16:17 <cpaelzer> powersj: also if it is rather generic (not server specific) about ubuntu development/packaging #ubuntu-devel is a good place
16:17 <cpaelzer> powersj: I'd expect the QA people have an own channel as well - at least internally
16:17 <cpaelzer> in any case starting on #server and being redirected will work for you until you geta feeling where to go with which question
16:18 <powersj> alright thanks again
16:18 <cpaelzer> #topic Announce next meeting 12th of July,  same time chaired by nacc then
16:19 <rbasak> powersj: #ubuntu-quality is the public Ubuntu QA channel.
16:19 <cpaelzer> rbasak: thanks!
16:19 <cpaelzer> rbasak: are you ready for the bgu talk ?
16:19 <rbasak> I was called away before this meeting so wasn't able to prepare for bug updates, sorry. So I propose to do it on IRC over the next few days and not all together today. But if you have updates prepared, feel free to give me them now, and I'll log them and update later (I still haven't caught up from last week :-(
16:19 <cpaelzer> #topic Assigned merges/bugwork (rbasak)
16:20 <cpaelzer> rbasak: I'll wait til you ping me to collect mine instead of flooding the channel like last week
16:20 <cpaelzer> rbasak: give me a ping once you get to digest the log of last week
16:20 <rbasak> OK, thanks!
16:20 <cpaelzer> rbasak: same probably true for all others
16:20 <rbasak> Yes, I'll ping around in #ubuntu-server.
16:20 <rbasak> (probably tomorrow)
16:20 <cpaelzer> nice
16:21 <cpaelzer> with that a quick meeting this week, thank you all
16:21 <cpaelzer> #endmeeting