15:01 <slangasek> #startmeeting
15:01 <meetingology> Meeting started Thu Jun 30 15:01:01 2016 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
15:01 <meetingology> 
15:01 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
15:01 <sil2100> o/
15:01 <slangasek> [TOPIC] Lightning round
15:01 <slangasek> $ echo $(shuf -e barry doko bdmurray slangasek caribou infinity sil2100 robru cyphermox pitti tdaitx xnox chiluk mwhudson)
15:01 <slangasek> slangasek bdmurray pitti caribou robru doko xnox mwhudson cyphermox sil2100 infinity tdaitx barry chiluk
15:01 <slangasek> oh no!
15:01 <slangasek> better reroll
15:01 <pitti> hah
15:01 <sil2100> Phew, still time to prepare the report
15:01 <cyphermox> ahah
15:01 <sil2100> No! No reroll!
15:01 <sil2100> ;)
15:01 <slangasek> (next time I'll reroll behind the screen)
15:01 <barry> :)
15:01 <cyphermox> cheater!
15:02 <pitti> gabbagabbahey
15:02 <tdaitx> =)
15:02 <pitti> (the only cheat code I can still remember, from Descent)
15:02 <cyphermox> xzyzzy
15:02 <robru> wow, only two weeks and i forgot about this
15:02 <pitti> oh, FUND (or so, SimCity?)
15:03 <sil2100> I remember itisagooddaytodie from Starcraft
15:03 <sil2100> We should add some cheat codes to Ubuntu Touch
15:03 <sil2100> ;)
15:03 <tdaitx> ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
15:03 <slangasek> * ubuntu-image: discussions about the architecture and interface between ubuntu-image and snappy
15:03 <slangasek> * ubuntu-image: progress on image.yaml syntax
15:03 <slangasek> * discussions about i386 deprecation and possible impact to server
15:03 <slangasek> * presentation of snappy console experience mock-up
15:03 <slangasek> (done)
15:03 <slangasek> bdmurray is off today
15:03 <slangasek> pitti:
15:03 <pitti> foundations-y-network-yaml:
15:03 <pitti> - some minor spec changes, sent to sabdfl for review
15:04 <pitti> - implement config.d/* merging, start implementing wifi
15:04 <pitti> foundations-y-local-resolver:
15:04 <pitti> - integrate resolved's new local DNS server functionality (blocked in -proposed on a1 freeze)
15:04 <pitti> - properly treat DNS servers with domain name limitations; PR being discussed upstream, this still needs some conceptual understanding
15:04 <pitti> systemd:
15:04 <pitti> - prepare SRU fixes for socket startup rate limiting (#1568094) and USB interface rename disabling (#1593379)
15:04 <pitti> - robustify and improve networkd/resolved tests
15:04 <pitti> distro:
15:04 <pitti> - init-system-helpers: be verbose on service start failures (#1596056), make update-rc.d get along with an unpacked but unconfigured initscripts (Debian #824804), various minor bug fixes
15:04 <ubottu> Debian bug 824804 in init-system-helpers "update-rc.d: may invoke insserv without -f flag when initscripts is installed but not configured" [Normal,Fixed] http://bugs.debian.org/824804
15:04 <pitti> - build and test fresh xenial -base langpacks
15:04 <pitti> - quite a lot of SRU and archive admin
15:04 <pitti> (done)
15:04 <pitti> slangasek: what is ubuntu-image in this context, OOI?
15:04 <barry> pitti: that's the question, innit? :)
15:04 <slangasek> pitti: ubuntu-image is the CLI for mastering a snap image based on instructions in a gadget snap
15:05 <caribou_> Bugfix
15:05 <caribou_> Misc bug handling/help
15:05 <caribou_> - LP: #1535898 - double-free core
15:05 <caribou_> SRU in -proposed
15:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1535898 in multipath-tools (Ubuntu Precise) "Trusty & Vivid multipath-tools (multipathd) seg-fault core dump" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1535898
15:05 <caribou_> - iSCSI+LVM issue
15:05 <caribou_> Fixed by xnox SRU
15:05 <caribou> Launchpad & Public :
15:05 <caribou> LP: #1596599 - Ubiquity localization bug
15:05 <caribou> Clamav merge
15:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1596599 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Xenial) "Full disk encryption passphrase is using wrong locale" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1596599
15:05 <slangasek> pitti: where a gadget snap includes a declarative image.yaml telling u-i what partitions are required and how to lay out bootloader blocks
15:05 <caribou> Makedumpfile UEFI enablement
15:05 <caribou> - kexec not working on signed kernel
15:05 <caribou> slangasek: sorry
15:06 <pitti> slangasek: oh, thanks; kind of a YAMLfied preseed in spirit?
15:06 <slangasek> caribou: no, keep going :)
15:06 <caribou> Laptop reinstallation
15:06 <caribou> - Found Ubiquity localization bug
15:06 <caribou> ☑ Done
15:06 <cyphermox> thanks!
15:06 <cyphermox> it's a fun one too
15:06 <robru> short week due to vacation
15:06 <robru> lp:bileto
15:06 <robru> - reimplemented "revert" feature that reuploads an old upload with a new version number.
15:06 <robru> - hide "edit" button when user not logged in
15:06 <robru> - clean up some stale cache files in the expiry script.
15:06 <robru> (done)
15:07 <xnox> doko at debconf
15:07 <xnox> zua - published sample client
15:07 <xnox> Uploads for bug #1592990
15:07 <xnox> Upload for bug #1558967
15:07 <xnox> Develop & Upload for bug #1595495
15:07 <xnox> Re-started i386 discussion for next LTS cycle
15:07 <ubottu> bug 1592990 in debian-installer (Ubuntu Xenial) "HCPGIR450W CP entered; disabled wait PSW 00020000 80000000 00000000 00004502" [Critical,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1592990
15:07 <xnox> Finished all validations for bug #1572613
15:07 <ubottu> bug 1558967 in Ubuntu on IBM z Systems "libfuse2: race in fuse_daemonize() causes ' Transport endpoint is not connected' (found with cmsfs-fuse)" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1558967
15:07 <ubottu> bug 1595495 in partman-base (Ubuntu Xenial) "DASD drives can only hold 3 partitions" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1595495
15:07 <xnox> Debconf prep & there next week
15:07 <ubottu> bug 1572613 in gcc-mingw-w64 (Ubuntu) "GCC stack access scheduled after stack deallocation" [Wishlist,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1572613
15:07 <xnox> ..
15:07 <doko> xnox not yet at debconf
15:08 <doko> - freezing in Cape Town (6-8 degree celsius)...
15:08 <doko> - SRU: uploaded around ten toolchain unrelated ftbfs for xenial
15:08 <doko> - final Python 2.7.12 and 3.5.2 release (no code changes, except for idle)
15:08 <doko> - finished xenial test rebuilds, evaluated test rebuilds, found no regressions for seeded packages
15:08 <doko> - final (famous last words) binutils and gcc-5 uploads for xenial-proposed, LP: #1586673.
15:08 <doko> - still looking at Python related build failures in the test rebuilds, but found no regressions so far
15:08 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1586673 in gcc-5 (Ubuntu) "Backport GCC 5.4.0 and binutils 2.26.1 to 16.04 LTS" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1586673
15:08 <doko> - travelled to DebCamp/DebConf, currently at DebCamp
15:08 <doko> - GCC-6 sprint at DebCamp, fixing issues, and helping people to fix issues
15:08 <doko> - openjdk-9 update
15:08 <doko> - next week DebConf
15:08 <doko> (done)
15:08 <xnox> heh sorry
15:08 <slangasek> haha
15:08 <slangasek> cyphermox:
15:09 <cyphermox> xenial:
15:09 <cyphermox> - merge ubiquity fixes from 4$ (bug LP: #1584417)
15:09 <cyphermox> yakkety:
15:09 <cyphermox> - grub2 EFI IPv6 patch backports (bug LP: #1229458)
15:09 <cyphermox> - installer work and planning
15:09 <cyphermox> - review ubiquity fixes for scaling on HiDPI (bug LP: #1560162)
15:09 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1584417 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Xenial) "Location/Timezone picker crashes on install" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1584417
15:09 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1229458 in grub2 (Ubuntu) "grubnetx64.efi tftp client does not work over ipv6" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1229458
15:09 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1560162 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "Xenial: scaling is horribly out on xps13 install session" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1560162
15:09 <cyphermox> ±other stuff:
15:09 <cyphermox> - Secure Boot kexec discussion with caribou
15:09 <cyphermox> - shim-signed to call update-secureboot-policy in postinst configure
15:09 <cyphermox> (done)
15:09 <cyphermox> oh, and I'm off tomorrow
15:09 <sil2100> o/
15:09 <sil2100> - Crazy week, Friday off, part of Thursday off
15:09 <sil2100> - Landing team work, silo coordination, preparing landing e-mails
15:09 <sil2100> - RTM status meetings
15:09 <sil2100> - xenial touch arm64:
15:09 <sil2100> * Copying xenial overlay state to the snapshot
15:09 <sil2100> * Attempting to rebuild the leftover projects with the new oxide-qt
15:09 <sil2100> * Looking into the idea of having an arm64-only oxide-qt package
15:09 <sil2100> - Finishing final changes and testing of the per-device redirects (thanks Steve, Barry!)
15:09 <sil2100> - Sent out ubuntu-touch-custom project addition to cdimage
15:09 <sil2100> - Prepping livecd-rootfs changes for ubuntu-touch-custom support
15:09 <sil2100> - Helping out with maliit-framework package releases
15:09 <sil2100> - Multiple channel changes, enablement of new custom tarballs
15:09 <sil2100> - OTA-12:
15:09 <sil2100> * Snapshotting current overlay state
15:09 <sil2100> * Copying current rc images to the rc channel
15:09 <sil2100> * Final release moved by one week, coordinating remaining changes
15:10 <sil2100> - Misc tweaks and fixes to the landing-team-tools
15:10 <sil2100> (done)
15:10 <slangasek> cyphermox: grub2 EFI IPv6> yay!  please target this for xenial also
15:10 <cyphermox> slangasek: of course!
15:10 <cyphermox> I have a grub built in a "sru-staging" PPA; ready for testing.
15:10 <barry> no infinity today
15:11 <slangasek> so, tdaitx:
15:11 <tdaitx> Short week: 2 days off, 3 half-days
15:11 <tdaitx> = Merges
15:11 <tdaitx> - ncurses (testing package) and isc-dhcp (ongoing)
15:11 <tdaitx> OpenJDK
15:11 <tdaitx> - new security release; working on OpenJDK 8, will provide Yakkety, Xenial, and Wily packages; then will backport patches to OpenJDK 7 and provide Wily, Trusty, and Precise packages; after that comes OpenJDK 6 (Wily, Trusty, and Precise)
15:11 <tdaitx> = Notes
15:11 <tdaitx> - will take day off tomorrow
15:11 <tdaitx> - travelling back on Monday evening, I will be depending on the Airport's Lounge wifi for the whole day
15:11 <tdaitx> - Tuesday I will still be travelling and then take the afternoon off after I arrive home
15:11 <tdaitx> = Pending
15:11 <tdaitx> - Do I need to forward the OCA? (doko?)
15:11 <tdaitx> - Process to backport LP: #1594393 to Xenial?
15:12 <tdaitx> (done)
15:12 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1594393 in openjdk-8 (Ubuntu) "JVM on PPC64 LE crashes due to an illegal instruction in JITed code" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1594393
15:12 <barry> short week due to travel and jury duty
15:12 <barry> git-importer bug fixing and testing for sbuild merge
15:12 <doko> tdaitx, already done
15:12 <barry> ubuntu-image gadget branch & meetings
15:12 <barry> xonsh 0.4.2+dfsg-1 sponsorship
15:12 <tdaitx> doko, thanks!
15:12 <barry> monday is a usa holiday
15:12 <barry> --done--
15:12 <chiluk> yay holidays
15:12 <pitti> oh, July 4th
15:13 <pitti> happy independency day!
15:13 <slangasek> tdaitx: process to backport> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Process plus sponsorship
15:13 <barry> so much independence
15:13 <slangasek> yes, Monday is the 4th of July in the US
15:13 <slangasek> (not sure what the date is elsewhere)
15:13 <tdaitx> slangasek, yep, question is, does OpenJDK needs to go through it? It had an exception in the past...
15:13 <xnox> riots across UK on the 4th
15:13 <barry> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1628841/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4
15:14 <slangasek> tdaitx: if you're backporting patches, that's not covered by any exception for upstream releases
15:14 <barry> xnox: well, with dc and puerto rico, london could be our 53 state
15:14 <tdaitx> slangasek, got it, thanks
15:14 <slangasek> tdaitx: wrt merges, do you have anything you're looking to have sponsored at this point?  (Is it in the sponsorship queue currently?)
15:14 <chiluk> * Updating chiluk-maas cluster to xenial+2.0
15:14 <chiluk> * 2 days vacation - Tennessee
15:14 <chiluk> * LP #1576747 - Turns out we need to do a sync. I'll put the
15:14 <chiluk> * Finally got a new battery for my laptop.
15:14 <chiluk> (done)
15:14 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1576747 in network-manager (Ubuntu) "Network manager unable to control wifi after suspend in 16.04" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1576747
15:15 <chiluk> woops wrong lp#
15:15 <chiluk> lp#1592862
15:15 <xnox> barry, as long as we keep our gun laws
15:15 <tdaitx> slangasek, not yet, waiting for the build to finish so I can check the results
15:15 <slangasek> ok
15:15 <xnox> and remain not subject to federal laws
15:15 <xnox> it could work
15:15 <chiluk> hey we had a sit in, in congress about that, that no one paid any attention to.
15:15 <cyphermox> barry: London can be Canada's 12th province, or it's 20th or so if we annex the handlebars.
15:15 <slangasek> any other questions over status?
15:16 <slangasek> chiluk: it was covered on CSPAN
15:16 <cyphermox> I have no questions
15:16 <slangasek> [TOPIC] AOB
15:16 <chiluk> slangasek: I beleive cpan just rebroadcast some congressional periscopes.
15:16 <slangasek> chiluk: still counts
15:16 <barry> cyphermox: you just have to build a border wall and get trumpistan to pay for it
15:17 <doko> who is going to do the alpha1, shouldn't it be ready today?
15:17 <cyphermox> barry: of course
15:17 <cyphermox> doko: I thought stgraber had volunteered on #u-release, but I may have hallucinated that
15:17 <slangasek> doko:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/YakketyYak/ReleaseTaskSignup says stgraber
15:18 <doko> ahh, ok
15:18 <cyphermox> good to know I'm still sane
15:18 <slangasek> doko: I was browsing MoM and noticed libjpeg-turbo has an update (even though the comment says it doesn't); Debian has now switched to libjpeg-turbo by default and looks like there's some packaging to sift through.  Do you want this one, or do you mind if I pick it off?
15:19 <doko> slangasek, pitti: I'm looking for a review of the binutils and gcc-5 uploads in the xenial unapproved queue, I hope everything is mentioned in the lp issue
15:19 <slangasek> looks like a few things have been lingering in the xenial queue
15:19 <slangasek> I don't think I'll get to it today though
15:20 <cyphermox> slangasek: I see shim-signed 1.16 made it to xenial but not elsewhere, are the other releases still on your list?
15:20 <doko> slangasek, well, not sure if we need to. if you do that, then keep in mind that ubuntu has jpeg8 compat while debian has jpeg6
15:20 <doko> I won't touch it for the next weeks
15:20 <pitti> slangasek: I commented on some of them, like ceph; they were missing test plans
15:20 <pitti> i. e. major upstream updates and no word about how to verify them
15:20 <slangasek> doko: "need" is relative; but there is a new upstream version in Debian
15:21 <doko> right, I can update to this one
15:21 <slangasek> pitti: can we be more strict about bouncing these from the queue, so they don't get constantly re-reviewed?
15:21 <doko> MoM doesn't remove comments ...
15:21 <slangasek> doko: you said you won't for the next weeks - I'll have a look at it :)
15:21 <pitti> slangasek: you mean rejecting them instead of just commenting in the bug?
15:21 <slangasek> pitti: yes
15:22 <slangasek> bouncing from the queue> like a bouncer at the club
15:22 <doko> slangasek, ok, ok, but please review binutils and gcc-5 first =)
15:22 <slangasek> cyphermox: yes they are on my list - I didn't do the xenial accept but was hoping to get to the others before anyone else did :)
15:22 <cyphermox> cool, cool
15:22 <pitti> slangasek: I'd have a feeling about being an arrogant bureaucrat then, TBH, but we could try
15:22 <cyphermox> I'll do the ipv6 testing this PM while I discuss some python issues I've had for installer work with barry
15:23 <pitti> I did all the obvious/good ones this morning and yesterday, the remaining ones are of the "throw a large upstream update against the wall" kind
15:23 <barry> cyphermox: yep, we can talk in more detail later this afternoon
15:23 <slangasek> pitti: it saves time across the SRU team for not re-visiting things in the queue
15:23 <cyphermox> yep
15:23 <pitti> ah, ceph now got a ref to a test plan
15:24 <cyphermox> barry: I have a meeting over lunchtime, but we can catch up after lunch, I just need to nuke a bowl of soup
15:24 <barry> cyphermox: want to say 1:30pm Eastern?
15:25 <cyphermox> barry: wfm
15:26 <barry> cool
15:26 <slangasek> alrighty
15:26 <slangasek> anything else?
15:26 <cyphermox> barry: I schedule a hangout so I can show you the code
15:26 <barry> cyphermox: perfect!
15:27 <slangasek> #endmeeting