16:31 <tyhicks> #startmeeting
16:31 <meetingology> Meeting started Mon Jun 27 16:31:32 2016 UTC.  The chair is tyhicks. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:31 <meetingology> 
16:31 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:31 <tyhicks> The meeting agenda can be found at:
16:31 <tyhicks> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting
16:31 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report
16:31 <tyhicks> jdstrand: you're up
16:32 <jdstrand> short week-- I'm off friday and next monday is a national holiday
16:32 <jdstrand> focusing on snappy this week: right now: dbus-bind interface, finish up the interfaces documentation changes. will work with morphis on testing/sponsoring pulseaudio SRU for disabling recording if snap policy (ie, finish phase 1)
16:32 <jdstrand> then go down the list depending on what is unblocked. there are policy updates, verifying content sharing if it is ready (snapd side landed, snap-confine side pending), implementing seccomp arg filtering rules after it lands in xenial
16:32 <jdstrand> that's it from me
16:32 <jdstrand> mdeslaur: you're up
16:33 <mdeslaur> I'm on triage this week
16:33 <mdeslaur> I have patch piloting to do tomorrow
16:33 <mdeslaur> and am currently working on tomcat updates
16:33 <mdeslaur> friday I'm off for a national holiday
16:33 <mdeslaur> that's about it, sbeattie?
16:33 <sbeattie> I'm n the happy place this week
16:34 <sbeattie> I'm also on a short week, planning to take this friday off
16:34 <sbeattie> I'll have kernel USNs to publish shortly
16:35 <sbeattie> I also need to finish sponsoring a kinit update for yofel
16:35 <sbeattie> Beyond that, I'll try to to pick up another update or two
16:36 <sbeattie> That's probably it for my week. tyhicks?
16:36 <tyhicks> sbeattie: do you know where to watch for PIE failures in doko's upcoming yakkety test rebuild?
16:36 <tyhicks> IIRC, he should be kicking that off this week
16:37 <tyhicks> I'm on community this week
16:37 <sbeattie> tyhicks: yeah, I'll watch for that, thanks for the reminder.
16:37 <tyhicks> I'm still working on the apparmor yakkety upload and xenial SRU but think I'm finally done with all the changes that need to go into yakkety
16:38 <tyhicks> I'll then switch to working on seccomp complain mode
16:38 <tyhicks> I also have an embargoed issue
16:38 <tyhicks> that's it for me
16:38 <tyhicks> jjohansen: you're up
16:39 <jjohansen> I have some testing to finish up for my upstream pull request (carry over from last week)
16:39 <jjohansen> I need to do some new testing on a revised 4.7 rebase
16:40 <jjohansen> (of apparmor)
16:40 <tyhicks> jjohansen: what deadline are you looking at for fixes that can go into the 16.04.1 kernel?
16:40 <jjohansen> and I need to finish up the ipc cross label validation fix for stacking, and of course testing of it
16:41 <jjohansen> tyhicks: I still need to coordinate that with the kt
16:41 <jjohansen> I would like to be done my fixes this week
16:41 <tyhicks> nice
16:42 <tyhicks> well, as long as "would like to be ..." to "can be ..." aren't at odds with each other :)
16:42 <jjohansen> I need to revise and test the profile name validation stuff, lxc/lxd are actively using a wider set than we were allowing (ie. the checks should have been in place a long time ago)
16:43 <jjohansen> thankfully we can support the broader set with out a problem
16:43 <tyhicks> good
16:44 <jjohansen> oh and I have a short week, I am off Friday to join mdeslaur in celebrating July 1
16:44 <mdeslaur> heh
16:44 <jjohansen> I think that is it from me, sarnold you are up
16:44 <sarnold> I gotta admit that sounds like a good idea :)
16:44 <sarnold> is it too late for me to also ask for friday off? :)
16:45 <sarnold> I'm on bug triage this week; I expect to finish the livepatch daemon review tomorrow then resume MIRs
16:46 <sarnold> that's it for me, chrisccoulson?
16:46 <chrisccoulson> I've got Chromium to sponsor this week, and I need to publish Oxide
16:47 <chrisccoulson> I spent a fair amount of time last week fixing various build issues and got arm64 builds of Oxide in a PPA (https://launchpad.net/~ci-train-ppa-service/+archive/ubuntu/landing-052/+packages)
16:47 <chrisccoulson> Other than that, I hope to finally be able to spend time working through https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oxide/+spec/converged-device-support
16:48 <chrisccoulson> That's me done
16:48 <tyhicks> ratliff: you're up :)
16:48 <ratliff> I'm looking into the CVE tracker this week.
16:49 <ratliff> I'll be out on Thursday
16:49 <ratliff> back to you tyhicks
16:50 <tyhicks> chrisccoulson: I think you still have a todo to document the flash update process
16:50 <chrisccoulson> tyhicks, oh yes, that as well
16:51 <tyhicks> thanks!
16:51 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Highlighted packages
16:51 <tyhicks> The Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.
16:51 <tyhicks> See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.
16:51 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/node-tar.html
16:51 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/libcommons-collections4-java.html
16:51 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/phpldapadmin.html
16:51 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions
16:51 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/libgwenhywfar.html
16:51 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/gcc-snapshot.html
16:51 <tyhicks> Does anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?
16:54 <tyhicks> jdstrand, mdeslaur, sbeattie, jjohansen, sarnold, ChrisCoulson, ratliff: Thanks!
16:54 <tyhicks> #endmeeting