15:04 <slangasek> #startmeeting
15:04 <meetingology> Meeting started Thu Jun 23 15:04:39 2016 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
15:04 <meetingology> 
15:04 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
15:04 <slangasek> [TOPIC] Lightning round
15:04 <slangasek> $ echo $(shuf -e barry doko bdmurray slangasek caribou infinity sil2100 robru cyphermox pitti tdaitx xnox chiluk mwhudson)
15:04 <slangasek> tdaitx chiluk infinity mwhudson bdmurray sil2100 doko slangasek xnox barry robru cyphermox caribou pitti
15:05 <slangasek> there, now mwhudson can have channel highlights in the middle of the night so he feels loved ;)
15:05 <slangasek> tdaitx:
15:05 <tdaitx> oh no
15:05 * tdaitx does not have a prompt status
15:05 <slangasek> $PS1
15:05 <slangasek> ok
15:05 <slangasek> chiluk: ?
15:06 <chiluk> lp#1592862 - Reviewing and trying to understand Ted Ts'o's comments and the backstory for the existing patches.
15:06 <chiluk> Other than that, back to non-public things.
15:06 <chiluk> lp#1565650 - All related it infiniband on ppc64.
15:06 <chiluk> lp#1592424
15:06 <chiluk> --done--
15:06 <infinity> - SRU and AA work for point release prep
15:06 <infinity> - Discussions with kernel team to make sure they're ready for the point releases
15:06 <infinity> - Debugging glibc test failures on wily
15:06 <infinity> - Helping with kernel module in-archive signing issues
15:06 <infinity> - Fixed command-not-found in yakkety and xenial for s390x
15:06 <infinity> - Fixed vim python3 integration in yakkety and xenial
15:06 <infinity> (done)
15:06 <slangasek> bdmurray:
15:07 <bdmurray> that was fast
15:07 <slangasek> :)
15:07 <bdmurray> got arm64 retracers running
15:07 <bdmurray> verified Error Tracker is no longer using assets
15:07 <bdmurray> switched how ssl_cert and ssl_key are set via mojo
15:07 <bdmurray> added more logging to retracers (cache, apport version)
15:07 <slangasek> fast like lightning
15:07 <bdmurray> added verbose option to retracer charm
15:07 <bdmurray> resolved upgrade-charm issues in the staging ET
15:07 <bdmurray> resolved issues with cassandra information being written to local_config, not db_config
15:07 <bdmurray> applied basenode configuation to charms that were missing it
15:07 <bdmurray> investigation into and resolution of LP: #1101881
15:07 <bdmurray> uploaded W and X SRUs for bug 1101881
15:07 <bdmurray> fixed bug-bot's inconsistent SRU regression comments
15:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1101881 in software-properties (Ubuntu Xenial) "software-properties-gtk crashed with TypeError in __new__(): object of type 'NoneType' has no len()" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1101881
15:07 <bdmurray> ✔ done
15:08 <xnox> hello
15:08 <xnox> somehow got kicked out of the channel
15:09 <sil2100> Oh, my time?
15:09 <slangasek> sil2100: yep!
15:09 <sil2100> - Landing team work, silo coordination, preparing landing e-mails
15:09 <sil2100> - system-image:
15:09 <sil2100> * Proposing and implementing per-device channel redirects
15:09 <sil2100> * Wasted a lot of time trying to test everything locally (u-d-m not accepting local SSL cert)
15:09 <sil2100> * Released and testing on live system
15:09 <sil2100> - Continued work on introducing a new project for ubuntu-touch respins
15:09 <sil2100> - Releasing ubuntu-touch-meta changes for new frameworks
15:09 <sil2100> - Improved commitlog generation scripts, looked into missing landing info in recent ones
15:09 <sil2100> - Enabled turbo commitlogs
15:09 <sil2100> - Prepared a re-spin of the turbo custom tarball to fetch new libertine-scope
15:09 <sil2100> - Coordinating final landings for OTA-12
15:09 <sil2100> - Looking into the puritine framework situation
15:09 <sil2100> - Helping preparing Qt and fontconfig patches for the color-emoji landing
15:09 <sil2100> (done)
15:10 <pitti> sil2100: faster commit logs?
15:10 <sil2100> pitti: for our images, they're now a bit smarter when looking for the bileto landing information
15:10 <slangasek> doko:
15:13 <slangasek> slangasek:
15:13 <slangasek> * all the sprint things last week!
15:13 <slangasek> * short week, swapped Monday for sprint travel
15:13 <slangasek> * SRU reviews: docker.io, secureboot, etc
15:13 <slangasek> * ongoing work on snappy in Debian
15:13 <slangasek> * snappy firstboot experience: discussion and planning
15:13 <slangasek> * discussions about snappy os snap mastering
15:13 <slangasek> (done)
15:13 <slangasek> xnox:
15:14 <xnox> zua client almost done - will publish it soon
15:14 <xnox> working on /cache FHS proposal
15:14 <xnox> working on swapfile proposal
15:14 <xnox> fixing installer partitioning on FBA
15:14 <xnox> IPL booting off FBA is being worked on by IBM
15:14 <xnox> ..
15:14 <slangasek> barry is off today; robru is off today
15:14 <slangasek> cyphermox:
15:14 <cyphermox> hello!
15:14 <cyphermox> precise:
15:14 <cyphermox> - verified efivar & sbsigntool (bug LP: #1574727)
15:14 <cyphermox> - verified mokutil (bug LP: #1574727)
15:14 <cyphermox> trusty:
15:14 <cyphermox> - verified grub-ieee1275 left-over SRU: nvram variable handling (bug LP: #1549064)
15:14 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1574727 in shim-signed (Ubuntu Wily) "[SRU] Enforce using signed kernels and modules on UEFI" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1574727
15:14 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1549064 in grub2 (Ubuntu) "grub-ieee1275 should not change boot-device for every upgrade" [Critical,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1549064
15:14 <cyphermox> yakkety:
15:14 <cyphermox> - installer work
15:14 <cyphermox> - reviewed livecd-rootfs MATE fixes
15:14 <cyphermox> - reviewed ubiquity fixes for mate-settings-daemon loading
15:15 <cyphermox> ±other stuff:
15:15 <cyphermox> - Secure Boot SRUs coordination w/ kernel team
15:15 <cyphermox> - Secure Boot testing
15:15 <cyphermox> - Defining SB test cases, lots of them.
15:15 <cyphermox> - shim-signed 1.15: check moksbstate_disabled from /proc/sys/kernel
15:15 <cyphermox> - with SRUs to P, T, W, X.
15:15 <cyphermox> - Tomorrow is a national holiday in Quebec, next Friday is a national holiday in Canada.
15:15 <cyphermox> (done)
15:15 <caribou> Bugfix :
15:15 <caribou> - multipathd double-free coredump
15:15 <caribou> Tested fix identified by cyphermox.
15:15 <caribou> Need SRU : LP: #1535898
15:15 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1535898 in multipath-tools (Ubuntu Trusty) "Trusty & Vivid multipath-tools (multipathd) seg-fault core dump" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1535898
15:15 <caribou> - Tested regression on LP: #1590283 for SRU to apache2-mpm-itk
15:15 <caribou> Caused by bug in apache2 &| apache misconfiguration
15:15 <caribou> No regression found
15:15 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1590283 in mpm-itk (Ubuntu) "package libapache2-mpm-itk 2.4.6-01-1ubuntu1 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1" [Undecided,Invalid] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1590283
15:15 <caribou> Development work:
15:15 <caribou> - Uploaded new makedumpfile 1.6.0-1
15:15 <caribou> - Ran DEP8 tests for makedumpfile
15:15 <caribou> Tests unreliable. Need more investigation
15:15 <caribou> - Adding dep8 tests to sosreport to comply with new SRU rules
15:15 <caribou> - Meetings
15:16 <caribou> ☑ Done
15:16 <pitti> network YAML config:
15:16 <pitti> - some more spec refinement, blocked on reviews
15:16 <pitti> - teach NM to read from /run/NetworkManager/system-connections/
15:16 <pitti> - implement NM rendering for eth and bridges
15:16 <pitti> - add code coverage and more tests (practically 100% now), and full system integration test with veths and mac80211hwsim (running as autopkgtset)
15:16 <pitti> autopkgtest:
15:16 <pitti> - fix apt mirror (ftpmaster.internal) and proxy for LXD armhf runners
15:16 <pitti> - treat dist-upgrade failures during setup commands as package error instead of tempfail
15:16 <pitti> - lots of maintenance, some cloud failures and still arm64 troubles
15:16 <pitti> - discuss arm64 Scalingstack capacity increase with William
15:16 <pitti> systemd:
15:16 <pitti> - fix fsckd autopkgtest regresssion
15:16 <pitti> - run upstream QEMU/nspawn integration tests as autopkgtest (for both our Ubuntu uploads and upstream PRs)
15:16 <pitti> - add option to disable resolved caching (WIP, blocker for foundations-y-local-resolver)
15:16 <pitti> distro:
15:16 <pitti> - drop remaining initscripts dependencies from the remaining 8 packages, send patches to Debian, upload to Ubuntu, it's now NBS! \o/
15:16 <pitti> - merge sysvinit, where we now can drop our massive delta and just not build initscripts at all
15:16 <pitti> - merge debhelper
15:16 <pitti> (end)
15:16 <tdaitx> Short week: working half-day since Monday (and will continue on half-day mode until July 5th)
15:16 <tdaitx> = JCK
15:16 <tdaitx> - Got Jenkins machine and 4 slaves (2 amd64, 1 ppc64el, 1 arm64); all running Trusty (expecting Xenial but oh well...)
15:16 <tdaitx> - Figuring out how this whole Jenkins + slave + logs + everything else works; planning on how to configure and parameterize the various runs I need
15:16 <tdaitx> = OpenJDK 8
15:16 <tdaitx> - Provided OpenJDK ubuntu packages for Yakkety, Xenial, and Wily with LP: #1594393 fix + debdiffs for sponsoring (up for grabs)
15:16 <tdaitx> (done)
15:16 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1594393 in openjdk-8 (Ubuntu) "JVM on PPC64 LE crashes due to an illegal instruction in JITed code" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1594393
15:17 <slangasek> pitti: which reviews are you currently blocking on for network yaml?
15:18 <slangasek> pitti: arm64 scalingstack capacity> what's the outcome of that discussion / next steps?
15:18 <pitti> slangasek: mostly making sure that lool is fine with the current rev; rharper and smoser gave me some ok on IRC (just didn't add a comment in the doc table)
15:18 <slangasek> ok
15:18 <pitti> ok, was going to do that on mumble, but let's do it here
15:18 <pitti> the box only has 22 cards in the 42 slots, so plenty of space
15:18 <pitti> and estimation is 4 new carsd
15:18 <pitti> cards
15:18 <pitti> for autopkgtesting
15:19 <infinity> Or... 20? :)
15:19 <slangasek> tdaitx: trusty> heh.  Is xenial available if you request it?
15:19 <pitti> I spoke to William, he spoke to James; this is apparently a bit sensitive, but James said the best thing to do would be to file an RT as normally
15:20 <tdaitx> slangasek: I did request it if it was available, got Trusty, so I am assuming they don't - anyway, I'm looking into lxd setup on Trusty as I have tested my stuff on Xenial's lxd
15:22 <slangasek> ok weird :)
15:23 <slangasek> alright, any other questions?
15:24 <slangasek> seems not
15:24 <slangasek> [TOPIC] AOB
15:24 <slangasek> Anything else this week, then?
15:25 <bdmurray> I'll be out on Friday.
15:25 <sil2100> I want to be partially out on Friday
15:25 <sil2100> ;)
15:25 <slangasek> I'll be in on Friday!
15:26 <cyphermox> I'll be out on Friday. It's the official Quebec drinking beer holiday.
15:26 <bdmurray> "the official"? is there only one?
15:26 <cyphermox> (and I am not kidding, although this isn't how it's called)
15:26 <slangasek> all the others are non-statutory beer drinking
15:26 <infinity> Í'll be hanging with a doctor for part of Friday.
15:26 <cyphermox> all the others are optional beer; may be other stuff.
15:27 <infinity> But not drinking, sadly.
15:27 <infinity> And xnox will be having his UK citizenship stripped and getting deported on Friday.
15:27 <cyphermox> for instance, since next Friday is Canada day, it's also "moving" day for many people, so in a sense, pizza and beer day? ;)
15:27 <infinity> Busy day for all.
15:27 <slangasek> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Jean-Baptiste_Day
15:27 <slangasek> baptism by beer?
15:28 <cyphermox> we know how to roll.
15:28 <slangasek> infinity: will xnox have a brunch in a brasserie to celebrate brexit?
15:29 <infinity> slangasek: I may have misread that as brunch in a brasier.
15:29 <cyphermox> o.O?
15:29 <slangasek> #endmeeting