15:02 <slangasek> #startmeeting
15:02 <meetingology> Meeting started Thu Jun  9 15:02:53 2016 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
15:02 <meetingology> 
15:02 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
15:03 <slangasek> [TOPIC] Lightning round
15:03 <slangasek> $ echo $(shuf -e barry doko bdmurray slangasek caribou infinity sil2100 robru cyphermox pitti tdaitx xnox chiluk)
15:03 <slangasek> robru doko sil2100 infinity chiluk slangasek bdmurray xnox caribou pitti tdaitx cyphermox barry
15:03 <slangasek> robru: tag
15:03 <robru> I win!
15:03 <cyphermox> boo, I keep losing
15:03 <robru> lp:bileto
15:03 <robru> * various iterations & fixes on audit log reporting of new parallel build/diff job
15:03 <robru> * various debian/changelog generation fixes
15:03 <robru> * resurrect 0replaceme version-munging feature in debian/ dir.
15:03 <robru> * move "show/hide audit log" button to a more usable location
15:03 <robru> * halve disk space usage by not unpacking DSCs twice while diffing
15:03 <robru> * cleanup redundant gpgv noise in build logs
15:03 <robru> * prevent old xenial+vivid silos from building (must migrate to trio)
15:03 <robru> * implement locking to prevent concurrent job runs
15:03 <robru> * notify user when ticket is "queued" for britney but first run hasn't started yet
15:03 <robru> * added chronological list of all job logs: https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/log/
15:03 <robru> * stop running britney on silos already approved by britney or qa (speeds britney runs from 80 minutes to 20 minutes)
15:04 <doko> - last week at PyCon, came back yesterday, catching up with things, and will summarize PyCon later this week
15:04 <doko> (done)
15:04 <pitti> robru: you aren't using debdiff? or did you optimize that?
15:05 <slangasek> sil2100 says he'll be a little late for the meeting
15:05 <robru> pitti: yes, what happened is that dget and debdiff both 'dpkg-source -x' the dsc into different places. I suppressed dget's unpacking.
15:05 <slangasek> hmm no infinity
15:05 <slangasek> chiluk:
15:05 <pitti> robru: oh, nice idea, so once britney is content you don't re-run her to have second thoughts? :-)
15:06 <robru> pitti: yeah, lots of redundant britney runs on silos already-approved. and bileto is already smart enough to clear all the signoffs when a silo is rebuilt so I think this is a safe change
15:07 <pitti> robru: yes, I agree, should be safe (unless the silo actually changes)
15:07 <robru> pitti: even a manual upload, while 'Currently building' will clear all the signoffs and force a fresh britney run
15:08 <pitti> nice
15:09 <slangasek> * working on SRU queue
15:09 <slangasek> * continuing to work through the libpoppler transition, which keeps getting bigger each time I look at it; now only 2 blocking packages out of 160
15:09 <slangasek> * snapd accepted into Debian unstable
15:09 <slangasek> * sprint planning
15:09 <slangasek> * taking tomorrow off for travel swap
15:09 <slangasek> bdmurray:
15:09 <slangasek> (done)
15:09 <bdmurray> short week w/ Friday holiday
15:09 <bdmurray> discussed retracing arm64 and ppc64el with pitti
15:09 <bdmurray> review of the retracer statuses (looks good after 711 roll-out)
15:09 <bdmurray> worked w/ webops about RT 91903 (gunicorn timeout) being not resolved
15:09 <bdmurray> updated my apport retracer branch w/ upstream changes
15:09 <bdmurray> backported gdb version 7.11 for Error Tracker
15:09 <bdmurray> added some people to Error Tracker access group
15:09 <bdmurray> redeployment of devops / staging Error Tracker setup
15:09 <bdmurray> reported bug 1588479 re: dkms kernel check
15:09 <bdmurray> submitted MP re sru tools adding release tasks
15:09 <ubottu> bug 1588479 in dkms (Ubuntu) "dkms_packages.py supported kernel check seems wrong" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1588479
15:09 <bdmurray> investigation into trevino being emailed multiple times about regressions
15:09 <bdmurray> fixed phased updater issue with unicode and uploader names
15:09 <bdmurray> ✔ done
15:09 <bdmurray> SRU review of xenial / kpatch for arges
15:09 <bdmurray> updated snapd SRU wiki page
15:09 <bdmurray> updated teams for rls mgr reports
15:10 <cyphermox> am I getting the messages out of order or were they pasted that way?
15:10 <cyphermox> (ie. done earlier, etc..)
15:10 <caribou> UDP pasting
15:10 <xnox> lol
15:10 <bdmurray> I was well done, not pre done
15:11 <robru> cyphermox: bdmurray I also see three lines after done
15:11 <cyphermox> ok :)
15:11 <xnox> me?
15:11 <xnox> progress on ubuntu advantage
15:11 <xnox> progress on test images for L1CC
15:11 <xnox> s390-tools fixes with an SRU bug #1567473, bug #1580226, bug #1582728
15:11 <xnox> libseccomp merge #1580558 and oprofile merge #1581540
15:11 <xnox> debconf & anthens organisation
15:11 <xnox> done
15:11 <ubottu> bug 1567473 in s390-tools (Ubuntu Xenial) "s390-tools: missing ts-shell" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1567473
15:11 <ubottu> bug 1580226 in Ubuntu on IBM z Systems "Please install the iucvtty-login@.service instance service unit" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1580226
15:11 <ubottu> bug 1582728 in s390-tools (Ubuntu Xenial) "DASDFMT fails with a buffer overflow error" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1582728
15:11 <caribou> Bugfix :
15:11 <caribou> - multipathd double-free coredump LP: #1535898
15:11 <caribou> Identified missed patch proposed by cyphermox.
15:11 <caribou> Testing on system that can easily reproduce the core
15:11 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1535898 in multipath-tools (Ubuntu Precise) "Trusty & Vivid multipath-tools (multipathd) seg-fault core dump" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1535898
15:11 <caribou> Development work:
15:11 <caribou> - Various merges :
15:11 <caribou> corosync : reviewing upstream changes before syncing
15:11 <caribou> kexec-tools
15:11 <caribou> clamav
15:11 <caribou> - Investigate crashdump charm enablement of remote dumps
15:11 <caribou> Misc sponsor : isc-dhcp, swauth, multipath-tools
15:11 <caribou> - Interviews
15:11 <caribou> ☑ Done
15:11 <slangasek> xnox: so you're our designated translator in Athens, right? :)
15:12 <slangasek> (you pasted one word in Greek into a team meeting months ago; this makes you an expert)
15:12 <caribou> then anyone talking about alpha & beta would become experts
15:12 <xnox> slangasek, no thanks.... however do note that intercity bus information for KTEL busses is only provided in Greek, via local greek telephone line, with no bus numbers / route maps / bus stops / or timetables and one should just "hail" it.
15:13 <cyphermox> caribou: that's two letters < one word
15:13 <pitti> network YAML config:
15:13 <pitti> - several looong meetings about the design, bringing snappy into the picture
15:13 <pitti> - rewrote spec accordingly, the format starts looking and working well
15:13 <pitti> - started implementation of this in https://git.launchpad.net/~pitti/+git/ubuntu-network-config/
15:13 <pitti> autopkgtest: Reorganize storage on debci which was utterly slow and getting out of space
15:13 <pitti> meeting: upower vs. unity-settings-daemon vs. powerd
15:13 <pitti> merges: cdebconf, ifupdown, resolvconf
15:13 <pitti> python-dbusmock: Review/land Pete's branch, new upstream release, backport to overlay PPA
15:13 <pitti> Revisit what /etc/init.d/ondemand should do, and provide replacement unit (#1579278, #1584124)
15:13 <pitti> some more work on dropping initscripts dependencies
15:13 <pitti> usual archive admin/proposed-migration/SRU chores
15:13 <pitti> (done)
15:13 <sil2100> o/
15:14 <slangasek> xnox: surely google maps tracks the buses in realtime with or without their cooperation
15:14 <slangasek> tdaitx is out this week
15:14 <slangasek> sil2100: hi, your turn :)
15:14 <sil2100> Oooo
15:14 <sil2100> Ok
15:14 <sil2100> (sorry for being late)
15:14 <sil2100> - Recovering from a laptop hardware failure, trying to retreive all data
15:14 <sil2100> - Landing team work, silo coordination, preparing landing e-mails
15:14 <sil2100> - RTM status meetings
15:14 <sil2100> - Xenial touch transition:
15:14 <sil2100> * Building initramfs-tools-ubuntu-touch dependencies for arm64
15:14 <sil2100> * Working on getting initramfs-tools-ubuntu-touch buildable on arm64
15:14 <sil2100> - Adding channels.json re-signing to the re-sign-indexes script on system-image
15:14 <sil2100> - Looking into necessary changes to landing-team scripts
15:14 <sil2100> - Fixing yakkety touch builds
15:14 <sil2100> - Testing and landing the lxc and ltt-control silos for vivid
15:14 <sil2100> - DMB meeting
15:15 <sil2100> - Flight preparatinon for nearing sprint
15:15 <sil2100> (done)
15:15 <xnox> slangasek, they were pissed off at one website that did the screen scrapping and they pulled the info off the web and changed the timetables to screw with everybody. So even google maps doesn't know. I might need to try openstreetmap or something.
15:15 <cyphermox> precise:
15:15 <cyphermox> - debugging sbsigntool cert expiry error (bug LP: #1234649)
15:15 <cyphermox> - sbsigntool SRUs
15:15 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1234649 in sbsigntool (Ubuntu Precise) "UEFI shim verification against microsoft-uefica-public.pem fails with 20131003 saucy images" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1234649
15:15 <cyphermox> xenial:
15:15 <cyphermox> - libdebian-installer SRU EFI detection (bug LP: #1582320)
15:15 <cyphermox> - upload grub2/shim-signed/dkms SRU for SB
15:15 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1582320 in libdebian-installer (Ubuntu Xenial) "libdebian-installer uses a different detection method for EFI than efivar" [Critical,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1582320
15:15 <cyphermox> yakkety:
15:15 <cyphermox> - aptdaemon port to packagekit 1.1.1 (bug LP: #1496292)
15:15 <cyphermox> - debugging timezone crash in ubiquity (bug LP: #1587555)
15:15 <cyphermox> - fix console-setup install in ubiquity (bug LP: #1578285)
15:15 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1496292 in packagekit (Ubuntu) "Needs to be ported to packagekit 1" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1496292
15:15 <slangasek> xnox: I assumed google knew by crowdsourcing pictures of buses in the background of photos in realtime
15:15 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1587555 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "Installer crashed during installation" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1587555
15:15 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1578285 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "Ubiquity 16.10.1 fails at keyboard setup page" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1578285
15:15 <cyphermox> - fix from Dan Watkins for apt-setup notice for universe packages (bug LP: #1590358)
15:15 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1590358 in apt-setup (Ubuntu Xenial) "universe description incorrectly suggests software may be non-free" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1590358
15:15 <cyphermox> - + SRU to xenial
15:15 <cyphermox> - libdebian-installer efi detection fix (bug LP: #1582320)
15:15 <xnox> slangasek, lol
15:15 <cyphermox> - shim-signed re-enable and dkms check
15:15 <cyphermox> - tracking down missing /etc/default/rcS
15:15 <cyphermox> - missing because procps no longer Depends on initscripts; needs fixing in clock-setup/ubiquity to guard against ENOENT
15:15 <cyphermox> - ubiquity update (d-i packages) and pyflakes fixes
15:15 <cyphermox> - upload shim-signed minor fixes for update-secureboot-policy
15:16 <cyphermox> ±other stuff:
15:16 <cyphermox> - SecureBoot testing
15:16 <cyphermox> - various meetings about networking
15:16 <cyphermox> (done ✅)
15:16 <cyphermox> want to hear an UDP joke?
15:16 <xnox> go on
15:16 <cyphermox> you won't get it, and I really don't care.
15:17 * xnox LOL
15:17 <slangasek> two packets went into a tunnel
15:17 <slangasek> and no barry this morning, per his email (status on the list)
15:17 <slangasek> any questions?
15:17 <robru> heh
15:20 <slangasek> [TOPIC] Sprint prep
15:20 <slangasek> only two more days, hopefully you all have your tickets booked ;P
15:20 <slangasek> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rdiLICseBxX6Gml586DR1YDaFmbYuGEUcayFKdYAWRY/edit
15:20 * ogra_ has :)
15:20 <slangasek> get your topics on the agenda, please
15:20 <caribou> slangasek: yes, on Air France which will be on strike on sunday :-/
15:21 <slangasek> cross-team topics, I'm planning on scheduling on the Client Track calendar
15:21 <cyphermox> caribou: you'll be walking?!
15:21 <ogra_> there might be ferries too
15:21 <caribou> cyphermox: yes, I'm leaving right after the meeting
15:21 <cyphermox> caribou: cool ;)
15:21 <slangasek> internal topics, I was not planning on scheduling on the calendar; if anyone has a topic that they think needs an explicit meeting scheduled, feel free to put it on the Foundations calendar or just ask me to schedule it
15:22 <pitti> cyphermox: aptdaemon port> nice! so aptdaemon is still a thing, even with gnome-software?
15:22 <slangasek> ogra_, caribou: yes, I hear a lot of people take the boat to Greece nowadays
15:22 <cyphermox> pitti: there are things using it; it seemed less involved / less work to just fix it enough for it to work
15:22 <ogra_> ow
15:22 <cyphermox> pitti: so; aptdaemon but no pkcompat.
15:23 <cyphermox> that means there is still some work necessary to make sure all is well and that packagekit will finally transition.
15:23 <sil2100> ogra_: oh my, you'll be on the sprint as well?
15:23 <ogra_> sil2100, yeah, there was beer left and they needed someone to drink it all up
15:23 <ogra_> so i volunteered
15:23 <sil2100> ogra_: like good old times then
15:23 <sil2100> ;)
15:24 <ogra_> yeah :D
15:25 <slangasek> [TOPIC] AOB
15:25 <slangasek> anything else today?
15:25 <cyphermox> fyi, I'll be out for the afternoon
15:27 <slangasek> #endmeeting