16:00 <cpaelzer> #startmeeting ubuntu-server-team
16:00 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue May 31 16:00:31 2016 UTC.  The chair is cpaelzer. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:00 <meetingology> 
16:00 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:00 <coreycb> o/
16:00 <smoser> o/
16:00 <cpaelzer> o/
16:00 <jgrimm> o/
16:01 <smb> o/
16:01 <cpaelzer> FYI - a few people are busy right now we will highlight them if needed
16:01 <cpaelzer> nice bunch of waving to start with the meeting
16:01 <cpaelzer> #topic Review ACTION points from previous meeting
16:02 <cpaelzer> the only older open action was about the importer which was announced already by nacc
16:02 <cpaelzer> checking for anything else we might miss ...
16:02 <nacc> ack, rbasak and i decided to sort of rewrite the algorithm, so a v2 beta will be announced this week :)
16:02 <cpaelzer> thanks nacc
16:03 <cpaelzer> nacc: there was a question about "waiting for importer" on #ubuntu-server today
16:03 <cpaelzer> nacc: I gues the answer is, not yet and wait hpow v2 looks like then?
16:03 <cpaelzer> anyway, lets go on then
16:03 <cpaelzer> #topic Yakkety Development
16:04 <rbasak> The current version is usable, but v2 may rewrite history, that's all.
16:04 <cpaelzer> thanks rbasak
16:04 <cpaelzer> anything important for Yakkety development from your side?
16:04 <cpaelzer> today pitti announced a major change to dns resolving
16:04 <rbasak> Nothing from me. It's merge time, but I understand we don't have that many major ones.
16:04 <cpaelzer> you might all check whatever you own or love if things are still as they should
16:05 <cpaelzer> there is a mail thread on ubuntu-devel about it
16:05 <rbasak> Remember grep-merges to find your TIL packages please.
16:05 <cpaelzer> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/YakketyYak/ReleaseSchedule
16:05 <cpaelzer> #subtopic Release Bugs
16:05 <cpaelzer> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-w-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
16:06 <cpaelzer> sorry
16:06 <cpaelzer> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-y-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
16:06 <cpaelzer> rbasak: you will later go over curretn assigned bugs again, anything for now?
16:06 <rharper> o/
16:06 <caribou> \o
16:06 <rbasak> cpaelzer: I propose to do that at the end. I'd like to get a process update on assigned bugs then please, so if you have assignments, please take a look.
16:06 <rbasak> A progress udpate I mean.
16:07 <cpaelzer> I'll pass the torch at the end then
16:07 <cpaelzer> for now the list in Y is rather small, and no news for server
16:07 <cpaelzer> going on then for now
16:07 <cpaelzer> #topic Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)
16:08 <caribou> working on a few merges & done with kdump-tools work
16:08 <cpaelzer> great
16:08 <caribou> that's about it
16:08 <cpaelzer> thanks, anything for caribou?
16:09 <cpaelzer> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team
16:09 <cpaelzer> jgrimm: do you want to interim cover that if there is anything?
16:09 <nacc> nothing but praise! excited for the merge :)
16:09 <jgrimm> nothing to report
16:09 <jgrimm> cpaelzer, ^^
16:09 <cpaelzer> k, thanks
16:10 <cpaelzer> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)
16:10 <smb> Yakkety still coming with a 4.4/Xenial kernel. Seers foretell a 4.8 for the 16.10 future. Beside that nothing to report. Would there be any questions?
16:11 <cpaelzer> smb: thanks, that seem to be no further question
16:11 <cpaelzer> smb: any seer info on when to expect the first pre 4.8 ?
16:11 <smb> http://phb-crystal-ball.org/
16:11 <cpaelzer> hehe
16:12 <cpaelzer> #topic Upcoming Call For Papers
16:12 <cpaelzer> any papers generated by the crytal ball that would be important?
16:12 <cpaelzer> ok, nothing here
16:12 <cpaelzer> #topic Ubuntu Server Team Events
16:12 <cpaelzer> jgrimm: anything coming up?
16:13 <cpaelzer> lets assume nothing changed since last week, so no
16:13 <cpaelzer> #topic Open Discussion
16:13 <cpaelzer> anything in your minf that didn't fit the topics but wants to be discussed before we do bug progress checks?
16:14 <cpaelzer> minf=>mind
16:14 <jgrimm> nope
16:15 <cpaelzer> #topic next meeting will be in a week date 7th of june, same time - gnuoy will be chairing (I jumped in today)
16:15 <cpaelzer> now is the time for anybody not wanting to participate in the bug progress discussion to drop off with a o/
16:15 <cpaelzer> I'll hand over to rbasak for that
16:16 <cpaelzer> #topic Bug Progress
16:16 <cpaelzer> #chair rbasak
16:16 <meetingology> Current chairs: cpaelzer rbasak
16:16 <rbasak> Thanks cpalezer!
16:16 <rbasak> May I have progress updates please? The current assignments I'm tracking are:
16:16 <rbasak> rharper: bug 1384503, bug 1457957, bug 1511735, bug 1518440, bug 1491406
16:16 <ubottu> bug 1384503 in rsync (Ubuntu Trusty) "rsync fails on large files with compression" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1384503
16:16 <ubottu> bug 1457957 in puppet (Ubuntu Vivid) "puppet uses upstart for service status checks in vivid" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1457957
16:16 <ubottu> bug 1511735 in libnl3 (Ubuntu Trusty) "libnl: fail to bind() netlink sockets" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1511735
16:16 <ubottu> bug 1518440 in MAAS "tgt fails to install in LXD" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1518440
16:16 <ubottu> bug 1491406 in augeas (Ubuntu) "augeas-lenses-1.2.0 - NagiosCfg lens broken for /etc/nagios.cfg due to spaces" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1491406
16:16 <rbasak> nacc: bug 1318317, bug 1423498, bug 1524635, bug 1570472
16:16 <ubottu> bug 1318317 in openipmi (Ubuntu Trusty) "openipmi startup script removes kernel modules" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1318317
16:16 <ubottu> bug 1423498 in squid3 (Ubuntu Trusty) "FTP upload causes squid hang" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1423498
16:16 <ubottu> bug 1524635 in haproxy (Ubuntu) "haproxy syslog configuration causes double logging" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1524635
16:16 <ubottu> bug 1570472 in puppet (Ubuntu) "Set systemd as default service provider" [Undecided,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1570472
16:16 <rbasak> nacc: that last one I added when I saw activity on it last week. I don't think I'd formally assigned it to you as tracked. Hope that's OK.
16:17 <rbasak> magicalChicken isn't here so I'll ask him in #ubuntu-server
16:17 <rbasak> cpaelzer: bug 1507681
16:17 <rharper> rbasak: for tgt on LXD; it's released except for trusty, which SRU to Trusty is under way
16:17 <ubottu> bug 1507681 in psmisc (Ubuntu Precise) "killall with 65 arguments kills more than expected" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1507681
16:17 <rbasak> jgrimm: bug 1397250
16:17 <ubottu> bug 1397250 in libnss-ldap (Ubuntu) "SIGPIPE not caught in do_atfork_child()" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1397250
16:17 <rharper> rbasak: for the remaining of mine, I've not touched those;
16:17 <nacc> rbasak: lp1318317 needs ibm to confirm it's fixed in the sru so it can push through.
16:17 <cpaelzer> bug 1507681 is read, SRU template filled, the patch on the bug was correct incomplete, I backported a bit more from the upstream fix for it
16:17 <jgrimm> rbasak, been out on PTO/holdiay, sorry no progress
16:17 <nacc> rbasak: lp1423498 debdiff attached, waiting on testing there
16:17 <rbasak> rharper: OK, thanks!
16:17 <cpaelzer> waiting for sponsors in the queue
16:18 <nacc> rbasak: lp1570472, was going to work on that patch today
16:18 <nacc> rbasak: and i'll get a debdiff and ppa setup for lp1524635 today as well
16:18 <rbasak> nacc: for 317 I'll mark as cleared in tracking then, as it's been blocked on not-us for a week now. Thank you for driving that!
16:19 <nacc> rbasak: ack
16:19 <rbasak> cpaelzer: thanks. I'll review for you after this meeting.
16:19 <rbasak> jgrimm: np. Let me know if we should cancel that assignment.
16:19 <cpaelzer> rbasak: thank you
16:19 <jgrimm> rbasak, i'd like to keep it, as its somewhat low importance. good one for me. :)
16:19 <rbasak> OK
16:20 <cpaelzer> rbasak: I'll keep track if it and hope the reporters test once it is in proposed, but free to pass another one to my inbox
16:20 <rbasak> cpaelzer: fancy taking bug 1495988?
16:20 <ubottu> bug 1495988 in apache2 (Ubuntu) "ProxyErrorOverride leads to slow 404 responses" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1495988
16:21 <cpaelzer> rbasak: I'll start looking at it in non existing spare time :-)=
16:21 <rbasak> I have one fairly bulky one I'd like to delegate please.
16:21 <cpaelzer> assigned myself in the bug
16:22 <rbasak> Thanks cpaelzer!
16:22 <rbasak> bacula is pretty broken generally in Xenial it seems. There are about four bugs. I think one or two are remaining to figure out, and then we can SRU.
16:22 <rbasak> Is someone available to drive that please?
16:22 <rbasak> I guess not. I'll stick them in the backlog.
16:23 <rbasak> I think I'm done then. Thanks all!
16:23 <rbasak> Any other comments from anyone?
16:23 <nacc> rbasak: i probably TIL'd it (the merge), i can take a look
16:23 <rbasak> nacc: for bacula? Thank you!
16:23 <nacc> rbasak: yeah
16:24 <nacc> rbasak: feel free to just assign in lp and i'll prioritize them up
16:24 <rbasak> ack
16:24 <rbasak> I guess we're done then. Thanks all!
16:24 <rbasak> #endmeeting