15:03 <slangasek> #startmeeting
15:03 <meetingology> Meeting started Thu May 26 15:03:35 2016 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
15:03 <meetingology> 
15:03 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
15:04 <slangasek> [TOPIC] Lightning round
15:04 <slangasek> $ echo $(shuf -e barry doko bdmurray slangasek caribou infinity sil2100 robru cyphermox pitti tdaitx xnox chiluk)
15:04 <slangasek> bdmurray infinity cyphermox doko robru chiluk barry pitti tdaitx sil2100 slangasek xnox caribou
15:04 <cyphermox> so close!
15:04 * tdaitx sorry, brb
15:04 <bdmurray> submitted RT re updating daisy to r704
15:04 <bdmurray> submitted RT re daisy update and setting timeout to 90 seconds
15:04 <bdmurray> pinged webops regarding removal of extra retracers that were added due to swift issues
15:05 <bdmurray> investigation into extra core files in swift
15:05 <bdmurray> bumped up gunicorn timeout to 90 seconds so we will stop killing workers that are writing core files
15:05 <bdmurray> investigation into retracers failing w/ large core files (LP: #1570937)
15:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1570937 in Daisy "add in limit for size of core file accepted / retraced" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1570937
15:05 <bdmurray> fixed submit-crash to strip the SAS so core files are always sent
15:05 <bdmurray> submitted RT regarding access to ports.ubuntu.com from devops env
15:05 <bdmurray> tested retracing of arm64 / ppc64el crashes
15:05 <bdmurray> reported apport bug LP: #1585702 re failure to retrace ppc64el crashes
15:05 <bdmurray> tested apport changes to not check uname for arch
15:05 <bdmurray> worked with cyphermox on LP: #1566201 (apturl)
15:05 <bdmurray> 16.04 apport and apturl SRU verification
15:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1585702 in Apport "not possible to retrace ppc64el crashes" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1585702
15:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1566201 in apturl (Ubuntu Xenial) "/usr/bin/apturl-gtk:AttributeError:/usr/bin/apturl-gtk@47:main:enableChannel:doEnableChannel" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1566201
15:05 <bdmurray> I'l be out on Monday which is a US holiday
15:05 <bdmurray> ✔ done
15:06 <slangasek> no sign of infinity
15:06 <slangasek> cyphermox:
15:06 <cyphermox> - Secure Boot
15:06 <cyphermox> - debugging various installer issues
15:06 <cyphermox> - backporting shim-signed / sbsigntool to trusty & precise.
15:06 <cyphermox> - ltrace SRU
15:06 <cyphermox> - debugging apturl w/ bdmurray
15:06 <cyphermox> - aptdaemon pkcompat & pk 1.1 testing
15:06 <cyphermox> - debugging grub efi missing configfile line w/ rharper
15:06 <cyphermox> - fix live-installer /cdrom prefixing (bug LP: #1575652)
15:06 <cyphermox> - network-manager-applet mobile data icon fix & SRU (LP: #1571574)
15:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1575652 in live-installer (Ubuntu Xenial) "PXE install prefixes /cdrom to squashfs location, fails to find it" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1575652
15:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1571574 in network-manager-applet (Ubuntu) "[SRU] 3G (WWAN) icon missing" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1571574
15:06 <cyphermox> (done)
15:08 <slangasek> doko: around?
15:08 <cyphermox> isn't it a holiday in germany?
15:08 <slangasek> oh yes
15:08 <slangasek> robru:
15:09 <slangasek> chiluk:
15:10 <chiluk> * Mostly distracted with customer irqbalance issues.
15:10 <chiluk> Intel power management issues. Affecting Haswell, Broadwell, Skylake
15:10 <chiluk> * Kernel.org bugzilla #116591 - Mobile does not reach states deeper
15:10 <chiluk> than PC2.  Tested with nvme, but received no benefit.
15:10 <chiluk> * LP #1581236 - Haswell does not reach greater than pc3
15:10 <chiluk> * LP #1579917 - Skylake with nvme does not reach greater than pc2
15:10 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1581236 in linux (Ubuntu) "Power state does not drop lower than pc03 for package (Haswell i7-4500U) " [Medium,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1581236
15:10 <chiluk> * LP #1576747 - Tested updated nm-applet. Issue still exists.
15:10 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1579917 in linux (Ubuntu) "Skylake processor never reaches low power states on X1 Carbon gen 4 with NVMe drive" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1579917
15:10 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1576747 in network-manager (Ubuntu) "Network manager unable to control wifi after suspend in 16.04" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1576747
15:10 <chiluk> * LP #1581595 - Merge partman-auto-lvm - Need sponsorship
15:10 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1581595 in partman-auto-lvm (Ubuntu) "Merge from debian partman-auto-lvm 59" [Low,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1581595
15:10 <chiluk> (done)
15:10 <cyphermox> chiluk: ack, will sponsor your partman-auto-lvm
15:11 <chiluk> thanks.
15:11 <barry> ubuntu-image: struggling and failing w/travis; landing auth pr; landing docs branch; discovering python issue #27066! various discussions; converting zyga's proto.sh to python
15:11 <barry> reviews: robru's parallel build branch; sil2100's system-image branch
15:11 <chiluk> yeah I was going to push on it, but I figured cjwatson or xnox might want to do the review, as that makes sense.
15:11 <barry> python issue#27066 (custom opener returning -1 causes SystemError)
15:11 <barry> LP: #1578761 (rebuild & verification)
15:11 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1578761 in python-packaging (Ubuntu Xenial) "editable mode crash" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1578761
15:11 <barry> pycon prep - in portland starting tomorrow until june 5
15:11 <barry> --done--
15:13 <tdaitx> = JCK
15:13 <tdaitx> - retrying runtime tests with xfwm4 (fewer tests fail on the automated run)
15:13 <tdaitx> - investigating services to automate JCK runs and provide detailed reports on test runs, errors, failures, and regressions
15:13 <tdaitx> - testing javatest regression reports
15:13 <tdaitx> (done)
15:15 <slangasek> no pitti because holiday in Germany; no sil2100 because holiday in Poland; so it's my turn :)
15:15 <slangasek> * work on ubuntu-image for snappy image autobuilding
15:15 <slangasek> * design discussions around the first boot experience in snappy
15:15 <slangasek> * discussions of network yaml configuration for cloud-init
15:15 <slangasek> * additional snappy hush hush special projects work
15:15 <slangasek> * off on Monday (Memorial Day, US)
15:15 <slangasek> (done)
15:15 <slangasek> and xnox is on holiday
15:15 <slangasek> caribou:
15:16 <slangasek> oh, he sent a mail saying he'd miss the meeting
15:16 <slangasek> WELL THEN
15:16 <slangasek> nobody likes my meeting this week, /apparently/
15:16 * slangasek flounce
15:16 <slangasek> any questions? :)
15:16 <slangasek> (about status)
15:16 <slangasek> (not about my sanity)
15:17 <bdmurray> slangasek: has apport on snappy been discussed at all?
15:17 <cyphermox> thanks for the new word.
15:17 <bdmurray> I remembered about this the other day - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/+bug/1489410/comments/6
15:17 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1489410 in apport (Ubuntu) "do not require apt lists to be pre-installed" [Critical,Fix released]
15:17 <slangasek> bdmurray: if it has, not recently or in my earshot
15:19 <bdmurray> slangasek: okay
15:19 <slangasek> bdmurray: that is, I know people were thinking about error tracker for snappy 1y+ ago, but I don't know if it's come up again or where it sits in the plan; I think we do probably want to take the initiative there and revisit the question soon
15:19 <slangasek> (though the snappy team are working to a hard deadline next month, so probably not just this instant)
15:20 <bdmurray> got it
15:21 <slangasek> [TOPIC] AOB
15:22 <slangasek> anything else?
15:22 <slangasek> btw we do have a sprint coming up on us rather quickly again
15:22 <bdmurray> ah, yes
15:23 <bdmurray> I guess its SRU team related though but should the team members just be added to https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-release/britney/britney2-ubuntu/view/head:/britney.conf#L38?
15:24 <slangasek> looks like the Agenda tab on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18GcvRfvPemTpn6lAbDNIQ6i2IXKM1ZwHfrjO24Qkank/edit#gid=1428105284 has a carry-over of our last sprint agenda - would somebody like to volunteer to create a new agenda doc and link it in?
15:24 <slangasek> bdmurray: yes, that's JFDI
15:24 <tdaitx> I forgot to add a status note saying that I will be on vacation the week before our sprint =)
15:24 <slangasek> bdmurray: fwiw the reason for having one file per person, historically, is that different people had access to different commands in Debian
15:25 <slangasek> bdmurray: that doesn't apply to us in Ubuntu, so I have thought it might make sense to smush everything into a single file (per branch) and just use revision history to see who did what
15:26 <slangasek> but I haven't taken the time to deal with that either
15:26 <slangasek> bdmurray: but you should feel free to fix this in either direction :)
15:26 <bdmurray> heh, okay
15:29 <slangasek> anything else?
15:30 <bdmurray> not from me
15:30 <slangasek> caribou: hi, we were just wrapping ;)
15:30 <slangasek> #endmeeting