16:00 <rbasak> #startmeeting ubuntu-server-team
16:00 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue May 10 16:00:04 2016 UTC.  The chair is rbasak. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:00 <meetingology> 
16:00 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:00 <rbasak> Hi all.
16:00 <cpaelzer> o/
16:00 <rbasak> #topic Review ACTION points from previous meeting
16:00 <caribou> o/
16:00 <rbasak> #info No actions from previous meeting.
16:00 <rbasak> #topic Development Release
16:01 <rbasak> So, it's Yakkety time. At this time in the cycle we want to be working on syncs and merges. nacc's git importer should be online soon (this week) so I've been putting off looking at merges until then.
16:01 <rbasak> #subtopic Release Bugs
16:01 <rbasak> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-y-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
16:02 <rbasak> I guess it's pretty early to be looking at release bugs right now. The only one listed there is a gcc fix that I know the Foundations team are working on.
16:02 <rbasak> #topic Assigned merges/bugwork (rbasak)
16:02 <smoser> o/
16:02 <rbasak> I noticed that others have been triaging bugs - thank you.
16:02 <jgrimm> o/
16:03 <teward> o/  (late)
16:03 <rbasak> I triaged a few bugs that I think are pretty straightforward and good for any prospective Ubuntu devs. I tagged them "bitesize". If you are looking to get upload rights in the future then please take a look at this - I've been deliberately setting them aside.
16:03 <cpaelzer> FYI - if one has more than a spare minute it is really way more effective to triage "all of a package", since that drops repro time a lot and you often find dups easier
16:04 <rbasak> I've been keeping a close eye on bugs that affect Xenial. There's one squid3 upgrade issue that infinity is looking at for us. MySQL has a few bugs that upstream are working on for me; we intend an SRU this month. I'm not aware of any other major issues.
16:04 <rbasak> Are there any bugs that people would like to point out?
16:05 <rbasak> I suppose that's the following topic, actually.
16:05 <rbasak> #topic Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)
16:05 <caribou> nothing particular to bring up
16:05 <cpaelzer> rbasak: 1578576 is hot as well, but mdeslaur is on it
16:05 <cpaelzer> bug 1578576
16:06 <ubottu> bug 1578576 in samba (Ubuntu Xenial) "ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp report segfault" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1578576
16:06 <rbasak> #info Squid, Samba and MySQL bugs noted; all are in progress. Nothing else in particular to bring up.
16:06 <rbasak> Thanks cpaelzer
16:06 <rbasak> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team
16:06 <rbasak> Any questions to/from the QA team?
16:07 <jgrimm> rbasak, well we don't have a QA rep at the moment.  there is a Canonical job posting if any one is interested, or friends to recommend
16:07 <rbasak> Thanks jgrimm!
16:07 <rbasak> #info No questions to or from the QA team
16:07 <rbasak> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)
16:07 <smb> Nothing noteworthy from our side so far. Are there any questions?
16:08 <jgrimm> libvirt update planned for yakkety?
16:08 <hallyn> today i think
16:08 <hallyn> just looking over the changelog
16:08 <jgrimm> cool
16:08 <jgrimm> just making people aware in case there is fall out
16:09 <cpaelzer> hallyn: didn't you say you were blocked on a dh_ tihng - is that already solved?
16:09 <hallyn> i did - but today i can't get upgrades to fail,
16:09 <hallyn> so it does seem fixed somewhere.  i don't know where
16:09 <hallyn> (not in init-system-helpers, no update there)
16:09 <cpaelzer> hallyn: " today i can't get upgrades to fail," sounds great .-)
16:10 <rbasak> Sounds good ;)
16:10 <rbasak> Thanks smb for representing the kernel team
16:10 <rbasak> #info No questions to/from the kernel team
16:10 <rbasak> #topic Upcoming Call For Papers
16:10 <rbasak> Anything here worth mentioning?
16:11 <rbasak> #info No upcoming CfPs of note
16:11 <rbasak> #topic Ubuntu Server Team Events
16:11 <rbasak> Any of these?
16:11 <rbasak> #info No upcoming events of note
16:11 <rbasak> #topic Open Discussion
16:12 <jgrimm> i created a y blueprint for server .. blank slate atm
16:12 <rbasak> I have one thing to mention. Last cycle I landed some stuff quite late. Although I followed process, it surprised some other teams.
16:12 <rbasak> jgrimm: do you have a link, please?
16:12 <jgrimm> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-y-server-core
16:13 <rbasak> So, my thought is: perhaps at the meeting we can have a topic to consider what we need to communicate with other teams, eg. stuff landing that might impact people.
16:13 <rbasak> Then we could take actions to make that communication. As a way of not forgetting.
16:13 <jgrimm> rbasak, that works for me
16:14 <rbasak> #link #topic Open Discussion
16:14 <rbasak> Uh
16:14 <rbasak> #link https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-y-server-core
16:14 <cpaelzer> rbasak: we should consider anything passing a TBD pre-FF date as being a candidate for that list/communication
16:15 <rbasak> cpaelzer: that's a good point - the closer we are (or past) FF we really need to be communicating this. But I don't see any reason to exclude communication even now in the cycle - just that the bar for required announcements would be higher and go down as the cycle progresses.
16:15 <cpaelzer> rbasak: yeah, ack on that
16:16 <jgrimm> rbasak, agreed
16:16 <rbasak> OK. Agenda already edited :)
16:16 <rbasak> Anything else for Open Discussion?
16:16 <teward> jgrimm: the blueprint isn't blank anymore, I've added a work item for the nginx merge from Debian that I need to get done this cycle.  No bug filed yet... it's a messy merge, might end up reapplying the Ubuntu delta, basing on a clean Debian version of the package
16:16 <jgrimm> teward, thank you
16:17 <rbasak> Thanks teward
16:17 <teward> rbasak: only what I just told jgrimm - nginx merge will be messy, I may give a call out for 'installation/upgrade' testing in the future when it's 'ready' for such tests, I expect bugs as a result as well too post-merge
16:17 <teward> yep
16:18 <rbasak> #topic Announce next meeting date, time and chair
16:18 <rbasak> The next meeting will be at Tue 17 May 16:00:00 UTC 2016. jamespage will chair.
16:18 <rbasak> #endmeeting