16:30 <jdstrand> #startmeeting
16:30 <meetingology> Meeting started Mon May  9 16:30:33 2016 UTC.  The chair is jdstrand. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:30 <meetingology> 
16:30 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:30 <jdstrand> The meeting agenda can be found at:
16:30 <jdstrand> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting
16:31 <jdstrand> [TOPIC] Announcements
16:32 <jdstrand> Thanks to Otto Kekäläinen for his help on security updates for the community supported mariadb-5.5 last week. Your work is very much appreciated and will keep Ubuntu users secure. Great job! :)
16:32 <jdstrand> [TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report
16:32 <jdstrand> I'll go first
16:33 <jdstrand> this week, I'll be working on Touch bluetooth policy, pull requests for new snappy interfaces, landing seccomp arg filtering depending on MP feedback and policy recompiled on snappy for apparmor upgrades
16:34 <jdstrand> the snappy team is sprinting this week and I'll help as needed with that
16:34 <jdstrand> I'll work on the docker interface for snappy as have time
16:35 <jdstrand> fyi, tyhicks is sprinting with the snappy team and may not attend. let's skip him for now but if he shows up give him the floor
16:35 <jdstrand> mdeslaur: you're up
16:35 <mdeslaur> I'm on triage and community this week
16:35 <mdeslaur> I'm about to release some openssh updates
16:35 <mdeslaur> I'm on patch piloting duty tomorrow
16:35 <mdeslaur> and I have another samba regression to take care of
16:36 <mdeslaur> that's about it, perhaps I'll get lucky and will have time to look at some other updates this week
16:36 <mdeslaur> sbeattie, you're up
16:36 <sbeattie> I'm on bug triage this week
16:36 <sbeattie> I'll have some USNs to write for kernel updates in the next day or so
16:37 <sbeattie> I need to finish up testing the libc updates
16:37 <sbeattie> I'm working with do ko on getting an updated gcc-4.8 into the trusty-security pocket
16:38 <sbeattie> oh, and I have an openjdk-6 update to do.
16:38 <jdstrand> sbeattie: that's a sponsored openjdk-6 update?
16:38 <sbeattie> jdstrand: yeah, t daitx prepared it
16:38 * jdstrand nods
16:39 <sbeattie> I'm also digging into a few more pie-related build failures for yakkety
16:39 <sbeattie> ... and that will probably consume my week
16:39 <sbeattie> jjohansen: you want to go next?
16:40 <jjohansen> sure
16:40 <jjohansen> I'm working on apparmor
16:40 <jjohansen> I have a few things to finish up with on the xace investigation, so that others can evaluate it
16:41 <jjohansen> and then its back to fixing kernel bugs
16:41 <jjohansen> that is addressing some bugs with apparmor in the kernel
16:41 <jjohansen> so that stacking can be fully utilized
16:42 <jjohansen> thats it for me sarnold?
16:46 <jjohansen> sarnold: you're up
16:47 <jdstrand> chrisccoulson: why don't you go and sarnold can follow you
16:48 <chrisccoulson> This week, I've got a firefox update to get out, and also Oxide
16:48 <chrisccoulson> I also need to fix a build failure with xenial/armhf
16:49 <chrisccoulson> I plan to get bug 1326697 finished too - part of that involves migrating to git, which I've basically done now
16:49 <ubottu> bug 1326697 in Oxide "GN (Generate Ninja) is coming" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1326697
16:49 <chrisccoulson> Oh, I need to do Thunderbird too
16:49 <chrisccoulson> I think that's me done
16:50 <jdstrand> sarnold: you're up
16:50 <sarnold> I'm in the happy place this week.
16:51 <sarnold> I owe a few emails to different teams as a result of past MIRs, want to work on building my source code searching tool, and will return to MIRs this week
16:51 <sarnold> and if I feel good about the imagemagick patches along the way, it'd be nice to finally get that tire fire released
16:52 <sarnold> I see they've been busy in the last week, hopefully they've addressed some of the concerns that have been raised about their ptaches
16:52 <sarnold> that's it for me, jdstrand back to you?
16:52 <jdstrand> thanks
16:52 <jdstrand> [TOPIC] Highlighted packages
16:52 <jdstrand> The Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.
16:52 <jdstrand> See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.
16:52 <jdstrand> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/policycoreutils.html
16:52 <jdstrand> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/yubiserver.html
16:52 <jdstrand> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/pinpoint.html
16:52 <jdstrand> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/sqlite.html
16:52 <jdstrand> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/xerces-c.html
16:53 <jdstrand> [TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions
16:53 <jdstrand> Does anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?
16:55 <jdstrand> mdeslaur, sbeattie, jjohansen, sarnold, chrisccoulson: thanks!
16:55 <jdstrand> #endmeeting