15:03 <slangasek> #startmeeting
15:03 <meetingology> Meeting started Thu Apr  7 15:03:03 2016 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
15:03 <meetingology> 
15:03 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
15:03 <infinity> Sorry, was distracted.
15:03 <cyphermox>15:03 <pitti> 🌥 here !
15:03 <slangasek> [TOPIC] Lightning round
15:03 <slangasek> $ echo $(shuf -e barry doko bdmurray slangasek caribou infinity sil2100 robru cyphermox pitti tdaitx xnox chiluk)
15:03 <slangasek> chiluk robru cyphermox slangasek pitti tdaitx bdmurray xnox barry sil2100 infinity caribou doko
15:03 <xnox> hello =)
15:04 <slangasek> chiluk: hi! anything for us this morning?
15:04 <chiluk> sorry none slangasek...
15:04 <slangasek> chiluk:15:04 <slangasek> robru:
15:04 <robru> lp:cupstream2distro
15:04 <robru> * made all vivid landings point at overlay
15:04 <robru> * new GLES class for handling qtmir, qtubuntu, and ubuntu-ui-toolkit. Packaging is now inlined in trunks to hopefully reduce drift between branches.
15:04 <robru> lp:bileto
15:04 <robru> * hid dest ppa field because it's not used at the moment
15:04 <robru> * reviewed britney fix from colin
15:04 <robru> lp:location-service
15:04 <robru> * Updated to new bileto_pre_release_hook
15:04 <robru> (done)
15:06 <slangasek> cyphermox: can you hold the umbrella with one hand and type with the other? :)
15:06 <cyphermox> slangasek: s/umbrella/shovel/  yes
15:06 <cyphermox> MIR:
15:06 <cyphermox> - review barbican (bug LP: #1543754)
15:06 <cyphermox> - review python-pykmip (bug LP: #1543754)
15:06 <cyphermox> xenial:
15:06 <cyphermox> - VT switching in the only-ubiquity case (bug LP: #1567194)
15:06 <slangasek> you're shoveling the clouds?  I think I see a problem with your strategy
15:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1543754 in python-pykmip (Ubuntu) "[MIR] barbican, python-pykmip" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1543754
15:06 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1567194 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "Unable to switch to console/ttys from ubiquity" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1567194
15:07 <cyphermox> - debugging ltrace on ppc64el (bug LP: #1547152)
15:07 <cyphermox> - backporting a number of ppc patches from upstream
15:07 <cyphermox> - debugging swedish keyboard in ubiquity (bug LP: #1549529)
15:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1547152 in ltrace (Ubuntu) "ltrace is throwing segfault while running any of the userspace command" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1547152
15:07 <cyphermox> - tpm2-tss unit for resourcemgr
15:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1549529 in console-setup (Ubuntu) "The keyboard is still installed as US-English even if another language is selected during the installation" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1549529
15:07 <cyphermox> - udisks2 partition creation fix (bug LP: #1460602)
15:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1460602 in udisks2 (Debian) "Erasing disk failed: Error wiping newly created partition" [Unknown,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1460602
15:07 <cyphermox> ±other stuff:
15:07 <cyphermox> - helped roaksoax with maas-region-controller debconf magic
15:07 <cyphermox> - more NM landing discussion with Tony
15:07 <cyphermox> - reviewing ibmpmlinux (bug LP: #1448092)
15:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1448092 in Ubuntu "[needs-packaging] ibmpmlinux" [Wishlist,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1448092
15:07 <cyphermox> - ubuntu-cpc cdimage support
15:07 <cyphermox> (done ✅)
15:08 <cyphermox> slangasek: umbrelling clouds wouldn't work any better anyway, btw.
15:08 <slangasek> * administrivia for team transition
15:08 <slangasek> * sprint planning
15:08 <slangasek> * completed the php5->7 transition, php5 is removed from xenial as of yesterday
15:08 <slangasek> * nudging various other proposed-migration blockages (autopkgtest retries, etc)
15:08 <slangasek> * freeze review (new+unapproved) for juju2; asked for a reupload of juju-core-1 with some packaging changes prior to NEW accept
15:08 <slangasek> * assessing remaining 16.04 blockers
15:08 <slangasek> (done)
15:08 <pitti> autopkgtest:
15:08 <pitti> - Fix hanging xenial image builds
15:08 <pitti> - Fix nested QEMU on AMD CPUs (debugged on smoser's machine)
15:08 <pitti> - britney: Don't show tested package version (which is often wrong) on excuse lines with only "in progress" tests
15:08 <pitti> systemd:
15:09 <pitti> - Add autopkgtest for udev, running the upstream tests
15:09 <pitti> - Avoid polkit warnings from maintainer scripts (#1565617)
15:09 <pitti> - Fix wrong uint32 dbus handling on big-endian
15:09 <pitti> - Check status of resource limits with unified cgroup hierarchy (PR#2964)
15:09 <pitti> - merge with Debian to pick up some fixes
15:09 <pitti> - udev: Fix SIGKILL spee when running under upstart (#1555237)
15:09 <pitti> - udev: Fix crash with large number of tags (#1564976) and add test
15:09 <pitti> - Investigate wrong device naming with ibmveth (#1561096), ongoing
15:09 <pitti> distro:
15:09 <pitti> - cron: Fix t→ x upgrade (#1566333)
15:09 <pitti> - apport: Backport more precise python traceback handling to trusty (#989819), fix invalid key name generation in hookutils (#1566975)
15:09 <pitti> - fontconfig: discuss update to new version with seb128 and GunnarHj, sponsor new upload (#1556457)
15:09 <pitti> - fix FTBFS: python-cliff, python-glance-store, swedish, ispell, dict-{nr,ns,st,tn,ts,xh}
15:09 <pitti> - Investigate hanging adt-buildvm-ubuntu-cloud due to lxd (#1566253)
15:09 <pitti> other:
15:09 <pitti> - Review proposed openssl FIPS change, and review the > 500 kB patch, argh (#1553309)
15:09 <pitti> - Help Diogo with getting access to Scalingstack instance for debugging open-iscsi tests
15:09 <pitti> - Meeting with Jamie about snappy device assignment
15:09 <pitti> - Review/discuss default naming policy for USB network devices
15:09 <pitti> - Travel prep for cloud sprint in Austin
15:09 <pitti> - Discuss improving the lxd debconfery with stgraber
15:09 <pitti> EOT
15:09 <pitti> slangasek: oh, php5 is gone? yay! congrats (to nacc too)
15:09 <xnox> bug #1561096
15:09 <tdaitx> * JCK 8
15:09 <tdaitx> - Ran all interactive tests; everything now passes but JDialog tests: the JDialogs are blank yellow instead of the usual gray, no components in it show up as expected (buttons, menu); the workaround is to move the JDialog around a lot and put other windows on top of it, no fix found as of now
15:09 <tdaitx> - Last fixes: getting a few additional packages in (cups, nautilus, leafpad), getting pulseaudio to tunnel sound through SSH and to play beeps (by loading the right sample and setting its x11 bell module)
15:09 <tdaitx> - Down to about 6 failures in total; 1 previous SSL errors that I was debugging was "fixed" by a new exclusion list (ie. test is now ignored); the other failures seem to be an error on the JCK itself (missing service files and pre-compiled classes from the jck)
15:09 <tdaitx> * JCK 7
15:09 <ubottu> bug 1561096 in systemd (Ubuntu Xenial) "STC850:Brazos:Br16:Br16p05: Network ethernet port name changed under Ubuntu 16.04 with added adapters (ibmveth)" [High,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1561096
15:09 <tdaitx> - Preparing to run all interactive tests
15:09 <tdaitx> (done)
15:10 <bdmurray> review of BucketMetadata changes
15:10 <bdmurray> discussion with seelaman re: decomissioning ps3 ET
15:10 <bdmurray> used import_bugs to import apport duplicates db info into real cassandra
15:10 <bdmurray> importing subscribed packages to real cassandra
15:10 <bdmurray> documented DSE (real) cassandra migration steps
15:10 <slangasek> pitti: yeah, we were down to < 10 revdeps and half of them were in the mysql-5.7 transition (also landed last night), so I pulled it
15:10 <bdmurray> irc discussion with stub regarding database migration
15:10 <bdmurray> ran rebuild_bucket_versions_count so its current
15:10 <bdmurray> resolved issues with ubuntu-release-upgrader (demotions.py and test failures)
15:10 <bdmurray> resolved update-manager FTBFS
15:10 <bdmurray> opened some MIR bug reports
15:10 <bdmurray> ✔ done
15:10 <xnox> installer fixes and s390-tools update: s390-dasd 390-zfcp dbconfig-common 390-tools zipl-installer choose-mirror debian-installer hw-detect
15:10 <xnox> working on validated component fetching in live-installer https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/live-installer/+bug/1565889
15:10 <xnox> netcfg vlan patch is almost complete reviews at https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=433568#163 would be appreciated
15:10 <xnox> todo: gpg-agent fixes, boost-dev fix
15:10 <ubottu> Error: malone bug 1565889 not found
15:10 <xnox> crashing bluefin kernel live-patching sprint, at the same time got confirmation as to why s390x kernel is big, and what needs doing to enable zfcpdump kernel
15:10 <ubottu> Debian bug 433568 in netcfg "add vlan support" [Wishlist,Open]
15:10 <xnox> done
15:10 <barry> short week due to vacation
15:10 <barry> various sprint travel planning
15:11 <barry> python-debian 0.1.27ubuntu2 (FTBFS), claws-mail 3.13.2-1ubuntu1 (debian merge)
15:11 <barry> LP: #1518955 (system-image client rotate, train & test)
15:11 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1518955 in system-image (Ubuntu) "System image client log file grows indefinitely" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1518955
15:11 <barry> test gitification of si server repo
15:11 <barry> LP: #1566878; LP: #1566975; gdebi FTBFS (patches to mvo; will sync asap)
15:11 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1566878 in xorg-server (Ubuntu) "Alt-backtick regression" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1566878
15:11 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1566975 in apport (Ubuntu) "AssertionError on .proc.driver.nvidia.gpus.0000:01:00.0" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1566975
15:11 <barry> --done--
15:11 <sil2100> - Landing team work, silo coordination, preparing landing e-mails
15:11 <sil2100> - RTM status meetings
15:11 <sil2100> - Identifying and fixing issue with certain translations missing in ubuntu-touch
15:11 <sil2100> - Manually hacking around on snakefruit to spit out updated translations
15:11 <sil2100> - OTA-10:
15:11 <sil2100> * Snapshotting the images
15:11 <sil2100> * Preparing the release notes, generating the commitlogs
15:11 <caribou> xnox: can you keep me in the loop for zfcpdump bits, I'm also working on it
15:11 <sil2100> * Pushing on the mako OTA-10 blocker, preparing for mako-only re-spin
15:11 <sil2100> * Promoting krillin, vegetahd and arale images
15:11 <sil2100> - Lots of manual system-image work for various teams (turbo, frieza)
15:11 <sil2100> - Familiarizing with the DMB duties
15:11 <sil2100> - Working and testing an ubuntu-touch-session tweak for customized audio playback
15:11 <sil2100> - Writing few more tests for system-image server testability branch
15:11 <sil2100> - Discussions about the future: OTA-11, switch to xenial and landing scheme with Y open
15:11 <xnox> caribou, ack.
15:11 <sil2100> - Some thoughts on making our release process more flexible
15:11 <sil2100> - Added options to do rootfs-rootfs based deltas in generate-commitlog
15:12 <sil2100> (done)
15:12 <infinity> - working on updates to all the IBM utilities
15:12 <infinity> - investigating glibc bugs filed since 2.23
15:12 <infinity> - finished getting powerpc cloud images ready for scalingstack
15:12 <infinity> - reviewing ubuntu-cdimage merge proposals
15:12 <infinity> - lots and lots of queue reviews
15:12 <infinity> - random bugfixes
15:12 <infinity> - archive gardening for priority/arch mismatches
15:12 <infinity> - some kernel SRU manglement
15:12 <infinity> - patch piloting
15:12 <infinity> (done)
15:12 <caribou> Bugfix :
15:12 <caribou> - iSCSI boot installation
15:12 <caribou> work as expected
15:12 <caribou> - Apache 2.4.18(xenial) backport (LP: #1335068)
15:12 <caribou> pre-depend on dpkg makes it difficult, might revert to 2.4.9
15:12 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1335068 in trusty-backports "Please backport apache2 2.4.18-1ubuntu1 (main) from Xenial" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1335068
15:12 <caribou> Development work:
15:12 <caribou> - LP: #1546260 - kexec-tools purgatory failure on PowerPC64
15:12 <ubottu> Error: Could not gather data from Launchpad for bug #1546260 (https://launchpad.net/bugs/1546260). The error has been logged
15:12 <caribou> Uploaded
15:12 <caribou> - Lp1528101 - vm.min_free_kbytes crash issues
15:12 <caribou> More discussions
15:12 <caribou> - Various sponsoring : iproute2, corosync
15:12 <caribou> Misc:
15:12 <caribou> - Interviews
15:12 <caribou> - Ubuntu Server Guide contributions
15:12 <caribou> iSCSI install
15:13 <caribou> Remote kdump functionality
15:13 <caribou> ☑ Done
15:14 <slangasek> sil2100: and congrats on joining the DMB :)
15:14 <sil2100> Thanks :)
15:15 <slangasek> alright, and I believe this mail I haven't read yet in my inbox includes doko's apologies
15:15 <slangasek> (it does)
15:15 <slangasek> so that's everyone
15:15 <slangasek> any questions?
15:15 <caribou> I was wondering if it could be a good thing to mention the remote kernel dump functionality in Xenial's Release Notes
15:15 * sil2100 will look into the failures ASAP as well
15:16 <caribou> I just added the details in the Server Guide for Xenial
15:16 <infinity> caribou: It's a wiki, add things if you want under the right heading (perhaps new server features, ish)
15:16 <caribou> infinity: ok, will do
15:16 <infinity> caribou: If too many people add too much to the release notes, it's much easier for me to delete the useless points than it is to invent some.
15:17 <xnox> caribou, yeap added to release notes. wiki.ubuntu.com/XenialXerus/ReleaseNotes or some such.
15:17 <xnox> *add it to
15:17 <xnox> cyphermox, will you review https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=433568#163 & https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/live-installer/+bug/1565889 =)
15:17 <ubottu> Debian bug 433568 in netcfg "add vlan support" [Wishlist,Open]
15:17 <ubottu> Error: malone bug 1565889 not found
15:17 <xnox> hope to land both into xenial....
15:17 <cyphermox> yep, added it to the list
15:17 <xnox> cyphermox, \o/ win
15:18 <cyphermox> I can't reach your live-installer bug though
15:22 <slangasek> [TOPIC] AOB
15:22 <slangasek> anything else today?
15:22 <pitti> who's coming to the cloud sprint, OOI?
15:22 <pitti> o/
15:22 <infinity> Moi.
15:23 <infinity> Need to book today.
15:23 <infinity> I'll take any excuse to travel closer to a taco stand.
15:23 <slangasek> doko wants to remind us that the build failures in main that are reported by the rebuild test are real and should be fixed: http://people.ubuntuwire.org/~wgrant/rebuild-ftbfs-test/test-rebuild-20160401-xenial.html
15:23 <barry> o/ but not til late tuesday
15:24 <sil2100> I'll be looking at those tomorrow possibly to help out
15:24 <pitti> if anyone can make sense of/reproduce the gnupg-doc one, please give me a shout
15:24 <pitti> neither can I reproduce this nor does the log actually say what's wrong
15:24 * infinity shouts at pitti.
15:24 <slangasek> could it be related to the new gnupg2?
15:25 <pitti> well, this must be something specific to the (re)build environment
15:25 <pitti> and I doubt that building docs is very sensitive to the buildds running on trusty kernel and my laptop on xenial's
15:25 <pitti> (I haven't tried running under a trusty kernel, though)
15:25 <pitti> infinity: oh, any details?
15:25 <infinity> pitti: No, I just wanted to shout at you.
15:26 <pitti> infinity: ok, point -- I didn't say "if and only if"
15:28 <slangasek> ok
15:28 <slangasek> anything else?
15:29 <slangasek> #endmeeting