16:01 <gaughen> #startmeeting ubuntu-server-team
16:01 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue Apr  5 16:01:11 2016 UTC.  The chair is gaughen. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:01 <meetingology> 
16:01 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:01 <rharper> \o
16:01 <teward> o/
16:01 <gaughen> #topic Review ACTION points from previous meeting
16:01 <matsubara> o/
16:01 <gaughen> two actions points from last week
16:01 <gaughen> jgrimm to update/clean up blueprint
16:01 <gaughen> jgrimm-afk, ^^
16:02 <gaughen> any update on that?
16:02 <teward> gaughen: he's not here,
16:02 <teward> gaughen: he's apologized for his absence, per the agenda page - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting
16:02 <gaughen> okay then, it stays on the list for next week. blueprints always needing love.
16:02 <caribou> o/
16:02 <gaughen> caribou to investigate if kickin's clamav merge should land
16:02 <caribou> gaughen: we've decided to postpone until Y
16:03 <gaughen> k
16:03 <gaughen> so I'll remove the action item and note the plan.
16:03 <gaughen> that's it for action items from last week
16:03 <gaughen> #topic Xenial Development
16:03 <gaughen> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XenialXerus/ReleaseSchedule
16:03 <gaughen> Xenial Release is coming!
16:04 <teward> yes it is!  final freeze is next week
16:04 <gaughen> thank you teward!
16:04 <gaughen> #subtopic Release Bugs
16:04 <gaughen> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-w-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
16:04 <cpaelzer> late o/
16:04 * gaughen gives cpaelzer a look
16:05 <gaughen> any bugs that we need to touch on?
16:05 <gaughen> and I guess really the question is - do any of those High bugs need to be resolved for Xenial GA?
16:05 <cpaelzer> we are still in triaging a lot of things that didn't get a proper look
16:06 <cpaelzer> and even that goes slow
16:06 <cpaelzer> so I'd expect http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-w-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server to grow
16:06 <cpaelzer> part of that is identifying what needs to get in before GA
16:06 <gaughen> cpaelzer, anything on the list we need to tlak about today?
16:06 <cpaelzer> not yet
16:06 <gaughen> k I'll keep going
16:06 <cpaelzer> it is a team effort and all are overloaded, so go on
16:07 <teward> got a for-the-record note on nginx in Xenial, if you can give me two minutes under Xenial Devel topic.
16:07 <teward> (unrelated to current subtopic)
16:08 <gaughen> anything else worth noting about the upcoming release - teward, cpaelzer,
16:08 <teward> nginx 1.9.14 was released upstream today; it's on my list to package and try and get it into Xenial.  HTTP/2 support was OK'd by the Security team, so we'll have HTTP/2 in Xenial as we hoped to
16:08 <cpaelzer> teward: yeah
16:09 <cpaelzer> great
16:09 <gaughen> anything else? else I'm moving on
16:09 <gaughen> #topic Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)
16:09 <teward> hopefully nothing else needs landed by FinalFreeze but a version change bump to make it match NGINX Stable version strings, but that's not something i can immediately check on
16:09 <caribou> gaughen: nothing much, a few sponsored uploads
16:09 <gaughen> thanks caribou
16:09 <gaughen> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (matsubara)
16:10 <matsubara> gaughen, nothing to report.
16:10 <gaughen> fabulous. Thanks matsubara
16:10 <gaughen> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)
16:10 <smb> Nothing to bring up from the kernel side
16:10 <gaughen> smb, okely dokely
16:10 <gaughen> thanks!
16:10 <gaughen> #topic Upcoming Call For Papers
16:11 <gaughen> anybody know of any noteworthy call for papers?
16:11 <gaughen> ....
16:11 <gaughen> #topic Ubuntu Server Team Events
16:11 <gaughen> Release Party?
16:11 <gaughen> #topic Open Discussion
16:12 <gaughen> teward, cpaelzer, rharper, smoser anything else you all want to talk about?
16:12 <gaughen> it's open mic time
16:12 <cpaelzer> openMic: how can it be that you lead the meating and it is the first mentioning of a party in months?
16:12 <teward> heheh
16:12 <gaughen> ;-) priorities cpaelzer
16:12 <teward> anyways, Y-series prep for nginx, i'll need assists from the server team and beyond.
16:12 <rharper> hehe
16:12 <teward> nginx dynamic module support may roll in from Debian
16:12 <teward> and there's going to be a hell-storm of tasks for that
16:13 <gaughen> ooh, a hell-storm. that's pretty damn serious. I like it.
16:13 <teward> but i'll put a call out on the server ML after Y-series opens and I evaluate what needs merged if anything
16:13 <cpaelzer> teward: what is it you need then - testing these things?
16:13 <cpaelzer> or packaging all the plugins
16:13 <teward> cpaelzer: testing, and help determining what's in main, universe.
16:13 <cpaelzer> ok, going via the ML sounds like the best start
16:13 <teward> Security team is going to get a poke from me then, too, I want a review before I actually bring things in, but that's a Y-series-opener task
16:14 <teward> since i have to followup with Debian anyways
16:14 <teward> sarnold and rbasak both have been briefed on the upcoming storm for nginx, it's going to be a massive change.
16:14 <teward> not yet landed in Debian, but it'll be coming in Y-series most likely
16:14 <teward> again, i'll put out a call for help on the ML then :)
16:14 <teward> </done>
16:14 <gaughen> :-)
16:15 <gaughen> all right then, on to the next and final topic
16:15 <gaughen> #topic Announce next meeting date, time and chair
16:15 <gaughen> next week, same time, same place, different chair
16:15 <gaughen> it's arosales next week!
16:15 <gaughen> thank you!
16:15 <gaughen> #endmeeting